Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Cooks Hill vs Beresfield
    Athfield

1st C/Hill 5 v Beresfield 1
    Res C/Hill 2 v Beresfield 1
    3rd C/Hill 1 v Beresfield 0
    We were horrendous, should've been more.

Thanks to cookers boys for the invite upstairs yesty. Was definitely the highlight of our day. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Depends on the context. Was it a shot on goal? Would it have been a goal of he didn't intervene?
    Yes shot at goal was a fair way out could of went wide very hard to say that I would have been a goal.

Scores from today??

Warners Bay v Kotara
    0-0 firsts
    2-1 reserve grade
    2-0 third (I think)

Charlestown Jesmond

Firsts
    0-1
    Reserves
    2-2
    Thirds
    1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Charlestown Jesmond

Firsts
    0-1
    Reserves
    2-2
    Thirds
    1-2
    Another 3 points in a close one for Jeso.

Big shout out to the Bero boys for making an appearance in the NEST for a few cold ones after the game. Great bunch of blokes and all 3 games played in good spirit. Good luck getting your ground sorted fellas!!!

Jesmond really making a statement at the top of the table!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Charlestown Jesmond

Firsts
    0-1
    Reserves
    2-2
    Thirds
    1-2
    3 extremely close and tough games. All grades could of gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Jesmond really making a statement at the top of the table!!

Haven't seen Jesmond blow a team off the park but just seem to find a way to win each week. The game against Cooks Hill this weekend should be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Haven't seen Jesmond blow a team off the park but just seem to find a way to win each week. The game against Cooks Hill this weekend should be a cracker.
    I'm thinking the same.. No game been won hands down apart from Warners Bay but keep finding that little edge to win.. This weekends game will be a big test..

Every team can easily win on the day in this comp. Just comes down to who takes the chances they get.

I agree, luck is just falling there way!

I agree, luck is just falling there way!
    Yeah just luck I think, 5 whole games worth of luck. Lucky 4-0 win over Warners Bay by the looks as well, lucky to get away with the win.

Let's hope the string of good luck continues

Quote Originally Posted by Baaaaaaaaaa View Post
    Yeah just luck I think, 5 whole games worth of luck. Lucky 4-0 win over Warners Bay by the looks as well, lucky to get away with the win.
    Dont think anyone who's played you will say that you were lucky. Apart from Stockton(Just fishing).

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Dont think anyone who's played you will say that you were lucky. Apart from Stockton(Just fishing).
    I don't play for them, but did hear that the game against Stockton probably was a bit of an escape.
    Interested to see how Jesmond goes against kotara and especially Cooks Hill this weekend.

Stocko game was pretty even until the last 20. Looked like stocko would run over jeso but jeso bagged the late goal.
    No real luck involved.
    Tables don't lie. But would be more accurate once everyone has played eachother.

Lucky or not they're top of the table. It's all about finishing chances and they have.

Let's hope the string of good luck continues
    I'm thinking Jeso have a good PR guys and social media team working hard to keep them under the radar... 5 from 5 they are the form team in the comp but nobody seems to know how they do it just that they are lucky... you make your own luck They are obviously doing something right... Maybe they are folowing the Foxes model... do you guys get pizzas for clean sheets???

Other blokes that seem to know more about our club than we do ourselves are doing unbelievable job of keeping you all informed. When we don't get the chocolates though they'll be right and we will be relegation candidates again.

The truth is we know we've been lucky at times, but if people knew the entire picture they'd be aware it hasn't all been rosey, highlighted by our most important player currently on crutches amongst other crap we just don't feel a need to broadcast.

Big game Saturday v Cooks Hill but last time I checked was worth the same amount of points as Charlestown the week before and Nelson Bay the week after and Kotara the week after that.......