Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    Goatscheese I'm pretty sure 4th means you're in the finals? Maybe maths not one of your strong points? The finals are a new competition everyone on zero. What happens up until now doesn't mean anything.
    Not sure what you are talking about here or where I said it was only the top 3 in finals. As for what happens up until now doesn't mean anything is incorrect, what happens up until now determines which four teams out of the 7 get to play in the finals, and that's just for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about here or where I said it was only the top 3 in finals. As for what happens up until now doesn't mean anything is incorrect, what happens up until now determines which four teams out of the 7 get to play in the finals, and that's just for starters.
    You've indicated that a club has fallen away yet they are one of the 4 in the finals. You've come out and made a ridiculous statement blaming a coach. What you've done is worse than a double footed studs up challenge on a keeper when the keeper already has the ball. Or when the Chinese women's swimming team bought home enough medals to sink a ship while they were on steroids.
    Why don't you talk about the fact Southy aren't in the finals with ex Matilda's and jets.
    Why don't you talk about poor old mid north coast not winning a game.
    Why didn't you post about Wallsends big wins throughout the year???
    I'll tell you why... You want your moment in the spotlight by attempting to bring other people down. It's disgraceful and football in Newcastle football has no place for it. I hope Wallsend use this as motivation against Adamstown in the finals. Get a hobby SuperCoach

You've indicated that a club has fallen away yet they are one of the 4 in the finals.
    Marc, your team started off strong and then fell away doesn't matter where you have finished that is what happened.

You've come out and made a ridiculous statement blaming a coach.
    Who do you want to blame? The players that left because they were over-promised game time they were never going to get? The players remaining that aren't happy?

Why didn't you post about Wallsends big wins throughout the year???
    I could've also talked about some of their big losses too, but I didn't.

I hope Wallsend use this as motivation against Adamstown in the finals.
    I hope they do Marc, I hope they do.

Marc, your team started off strong and then fell away doesn't matter where you have finished that is what happened.

Who do you want to blame? The players that left because they were over-promised game time they were never going to get? The players remaining that aren't happy?

I could've also talked about some of their big losses too, but I didn't.

I hope they do Marc, I hope they do.

He's coached me before tiger. He's team won 6-0 yesterday they must be real upset!

He's coached me before tiger. He's team won 6-0 yesterday they must be real upset!
    Wow they beat the second bottom team, that sure showed me they certainly must be the best team in the comp. We won't mention the fact that they have failed to beat the top 3 teams at all this year and recently lost to South Wallsend.

Wow they beat the second bottom team, that sure showed me they certainly must be the best team in the comp. We won't mention the fact that they have failed to beat the top 3 teams at all this year and recently lost to South Wallsend.

Ok let's get one thing straight I'm a centre back you will not beat me in a sledge off! Never did I use the word best. What I said was an unhappy team doesn't win 6-0. That's a sign of a team that is happier than when they first discovered who Santa was and the miracle he delivers. Judging by your knowledge on the comp stats I'm assuming you're one of this soccer mums who knows everything about the game even tho you've never played. A cross between Guus Hidink and Hope Solo! I have a little knowledge on the women's game but mainly here to back a mate. Pull your head in

Well done Warners Bay, the only club to get all four teams into the semis.

Caught the second half of the game last night. Really entertaining stuff from both sides that could of gone either way until a long range effort from Maddi Thornton sealed it for the bay. Surely a relation to the Thornton boys from Maitland in the npl?

After being fairly critical of Marc over the course of the year he had the girls playing fairly entertaining stuff last night as opposed to his park the bus mentality we've seen in the past. If they play that way and take there chances Adamstown vs Wallsend could be an entertaining matchup in the finals.
    Good luck to all over the last the last round and heading into the finals. At the pointy end of it all now!

Ok let's get one thing straight I'm a centre back you will not beat me in a sledge off!
    Alright Mr Centreback lol

That's a sign of a team that is happier than when they first discovered who Santa was and the miracle he delivers
    We will ignore those players that have left then and the players that where complaining about promised game time not being delivered then.

A cross between Guus Hidink and Hope Solo!
    I'm trying to work out how this is a bad thing.

Well done to Warners Bay getting all four teams in the finals, one more round to go but should be some good games to be played during the finals.

Any predictions for the two teams going to the grand final?

1st grade: Adamstown vs Warners Bay
    18s: I'll wait for Sunday night because 3rd and 4th along with 1st and 2nd can still switch around
    16s: Adamstown vs Mid North
    14s: Mid North vs South Wallsend

Unfortunately, each year a WPL club drops away. Are all clubs a safe bet to return next year?

Has the reduced size of this year's competition produced a stronger competition?

At the start of this season, there was a strong push for new lambton to join the comp. Wonder if they, plus cooks hill, will make a submission to enter next year.

Comp this year was fairly decent, some teams copped long term injuries and players moving away after the season had begun. If those unfortunate incidences had not of occured, the comp would have been quite competitive

There were a lot of rumors, but no actual submission to nnsw....

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Well done Warners Bay, the only club to get all four teams into the semis.
    I hope they read the rules well 6 weeks ago about finals player eligibility.

Alright Mr Centreback lol

We will ignore those players that have left then and the players that where complaining about promised game time not being delivered then.

I'm trying to work out how this is a bad thing.
    5 days to drum up a comeback and that's the best you have got!! Lol that's a bit embarrassing. I'll do you a deal, if Hingston's heroes beat the Rosegrubs next week you have to change your username to 'Showbag' as I think everyone on here agrees you're full of rubbish. If the battlers from Brunker road win I won't annoy you until 2222 when Hingston leads Iceland to a World Cup victory while you're still on here trying to come up with a half decent comeback from some 2016 banter. Wave the white flag! What a shambles!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Unfortunately, each year a WPL club drops away. Are all clubs a safe bet to return next year?

Has the reduced size of this year's competition produced a stronger competition?
    One would hope it stays the same , all the clubs this year look very stable and the competition has been the strongest it has for years , it looks like MNC struggled in 1st ,
    Rumors flying around about that merewether, adamstown, wallsend and southy are too close and theirs no room for New Lambton or Cookers in the comp to take it to 8 teams , has the bye been good for the clubs or not ?

5 days to drum up a comeback and that's the best you have got!! Lol that's a bit embarrassing. I'll do you a deal, if Hingston's heroes beat the Rosegrubs next week you have to change your username to 'Showbag' as I think everyone on here agrees you're full of rubbish. If the battlers from Brunker road win I won't annoy you until 2222 when Hingston leads Iceland to a World Cup victory while you're still on here trying to come up with a half decent comeback from some 2016 banter. Wave the white flag! What a shambles!
    You should spend some time coming up with a comeback instead of this pitiful excuse. I'll take your deal because there is no way in hell Wallsend will make it to the grand final.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    I hope they read the rules well 6 weeks ago about finals player eligibility.
    Warners Bay don't need to worry the rule doesn't apply if all grades are still participating in the finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    At the start of this season, there was a strong push for new lambton to join the comp. Wonder if they, plus cooks hill, will make a submission to enter next year.
    Northern would be foolish to allow another team to enter at this stage, so it probably means we will have 8 teams in the comp next year.

You should spend some time coming up with a comeback instead of this pitiful excuse. I'll take your deal because there is no way in hell Wallsend will make it to the grand final.
    I wouldnt even bother with goatcheese , a soccer mum from adamstown OT , she has a opinion on every subject and breaks down and analysis every comment when confronted , not one of her comments is constructive towards football, Sure does demoralizes this page , comon wallsend to silence the gloating cheese