Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh man, straight from the Lena Dunham manifesto. Well played. Hope that Canadian real estate ain't too expensive.

Amazing that the utopia that the USA has been living in for the past 8 years has now been immediately destroyed,

Race riots, terror attacks, mass shootings, hate crimes, school shootings, budget blowouts, Yep, none of those the past 8 years but look out here they come and it's all Trumps fault.

Of course it is.
    Ehh couldn't dislike Dunham more if I tried - a typical Hillary third wave feminist.

You're straw manning my argument. Bad things have happened and will always happen, and much of this is outside the President's control. Obama was not perfect. Clinton was not a good candidate. None of that is really on the table anymore.

What is on the table is Trump immediately reversing mortgage fee cuts, removing all information about climate change and anything concerning LGBTQ from the White House website, and promising to crack down on freedom of speech through reducing restrictions on police. I suppose if you've been ignoring the writing on the wall you can see plain as day where this administration is going.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Bad things have happened and will always happen, and much of this is outside the President's control.
    See this is the one i have a hard time understanding. When bad things happen we can absolve our guy because he doesnt have ultimate control, yet we believe Trump all of a sudden has ultimate control to do all these bad things? Im not how that line of thinking works.

Speaking of these 'bad things'.......
    What is on the table is Trump immediately reversing mortgage fee cuts
    errr you mean the ones that Obama land mined for Trump in his last few weeks in office? Obamas 'cuts' were never there during his presidency, and therefore helped no one. Trump repealed legislation designed to make him look bad by a petty ex-president*.

*and yes of course Obama isn't the only President to leave land mines for incoming Presidents.

removing all information about climate change and anything concerning LGBTQ from the White House website,
    again, cheeky, and pretty much false. All content from Obamas time in the White House gets transferred to his own archive (they rename it "obamawhitehouse.org or something). The official whitehouse.org site gets blanked and all new content starts again. He's been in office less than a day. Apparently the first blog post that went up was about energy policy so maybe we should all read that first.

ok, and just on climate change. Trump is an lumbering oaf who screams loudly and dumbly on this issue. but on the other side of the fence the likes of our very own Tim Flannery scream loudly and dumbly as well. Somewhere in the middle is probably a very sensible and sustainable policy, but as we all know the boring, measured approach gets no traction in the media. We can all only hope that something is done. But I can't sit here and act like Trump, Gore, or Flannery are all knowing and correct.

and promising to crack down on freedom of speech through reducing restrictions on police. I suppose if you've been ignoring the writing on the wall you can see plain as day where this administration is going.
    ok you're gonna have to help me out on this one. I can't really find any 'crack down' on free speech out there. Do you have any specific examples? id love to know what you're referring to here.
    Last edited by plague; 21-01-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I love the internet. i really really love it.

Donald Trump officially became president today, and in an inaugural address he promised many things, some of which may sound familiar, because they were directly lifted from the D.C. comics villain Bane.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG