Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    I was told by Northern they no longer accept or acknowledge the contracts, that all players are considered amatuers until A-League level.
    There are other ways around contracts that are being used and are legal documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    There are other ways around contracts that are being used and are legal documents.
    Such as?

heard tonight that Macalister has signed another youngen tim salter who is formly of the 19's at southy, top young bloke
    goaliesperempre confirmation ?

Article in todays herald about the jaffas signings

LAMBTON Jaffas coach David Tanchevski is hoping to sign "one or two" more experienced players after adding proven goalscorer John Majurovski to his side for their maiden Northern NSW State League campaign next year.

Tanchevski confirmed yesterday that the three-time NNSW State League leading scorer would join the promoted squad in 2013 along with former Jets Youth players Abe Wheelhouse and James Fogarty.

He said Lambton's starting side from their First Division major and minor premiership victories had also been retained, giving them a foundation of a competitive side in the top tier.

"We've got a good young squad already and Maj gives us a proven goalscorer," Tanchevski said.

"Eight out of our starting 11 this year had state league experience, so with Maj and Abe coming on board, I think another one or two experienced players is all we'll need."

Majurovski was sent off in Hamilton's 4-1 grand final loss to Broadmeadow in September for calling referee Rod Allen a cheat.

In other state league player movements, Tom and Sam Walker have switched from reigning minor premiers Hamilton Olympic to Lake Macquarie.

Tom Walker was a key player for Olympic in their minor premiership run this year after transferring from West Wallsend.

They join Joel Witherdin (moved to Melbourne), Daniel Casciaroli (Broadmeadow) and Mat Austin (retirement) in leaving Hamilton, who will regain Matthew and Andrew Swan from overseas and Kyle Hodges from Charlestown.

Lake Macquarie have also recruited former Edgeworth player Sam DiRienzo.

demon
    Would anyone else like to place a guess on how long AFTER Northern opening the new facility and running 5 A Side comps that Lake Mac will find itself in financial trouble?

With Eland having said previously the 5 A Side is hopeful of being profitable to the point of making the facility self funding I'd expect we will see even higher turnover of players out there over the coming few years. Lake Mac definately needed to get on the front foot and secure new players but how long can it last.

Quote Originally Posted by backstick View Post
    What has that got to do with Lake Macq attracting players?
    Meaning they will lose a fair bit of income from not having their six a side competition happening.

Would anyone else like to place a guess on how long AFTER Northern opening the new facility and running 5 A Side comps that Lake Mac will find itself in financial trouble?

With Eland having said previously the 5 A Side is hopeful of being profitable to the point of making the facility self funding I'd expect we will see even higher turnover of players out there over the coming few years. Lake Mac definately needed to get on the front foot and secure new players but how long can it last.
    what the

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Article in todays herald about the jaffas signings

LAMBTON Jaffas coach David Tanchevski is hoping to sign "one or two" more experienced players after adding proven goalscorer John Majurovski to his side for their maiden Northern NSW State League campaign next year.

Tanchevski confirmed yesterday that the three-time NNSW State League leading scorer would join the promoted squad in 2013 along with former Jets Youth players Abe Wheelhouse and James Fogarty.

He said Lambton's starting side from their First Division major and minor premiership victories had also been retained, giving them a foundation of a competitive side in the top tier.

"We've got a good young squad already and Maj gives us a proven goalscorer," Tanchevski said.

"Eight out of our starting 11 this year had state league experience, so with Maj and Abe coming on board, I think another one or two experienced players is all we'll need."

Majurovski was sent off in Hamilton's 4-1 grand final loss to Broadmeadow in September for calling referee Rod Allen a cheat.

In other state league player movements, Tom and Sam Walker have switched from reigning minor premiers Hamilton Olympic to Lake Macquarie.

Tom Walker was a key player for Olympic in their minor premiership run this year after transferring from West Wallsend.

They join Joel Witherdin (moved to Melbourne), Daniel Casciaroli (Broadmeadow) and Mat Austin (retirement) in leaving Hamilton, who will regain Matthew and Andrew Swan from overseas and Kyle Hodges from Charlestown.

Lake Macquarie have also recruited former Edgeworth player Sam DiRienzo.
    Good signing for Lambton.

Even more impressed with Lakes signings. Walker brothers are a huge signing, DiRienzo I remember watching, and thought he had huge potential.
    adding to Bray Smith they have assembled a good squad.

Olympic continuing to lose players, but replacing with swan brothers is good quality.

In relation to the last subject, if Lakes are solely relying on $10-$15k nett income from 6 a side they certainly will be in trouble.
    Im sure they are getting more secure funds from elsewhere.

Is this only the19s NEWFM thread?

If not, why is there no talk of 1st grade teams???

I thought there would be some discussion for prmotion this year?

Adamston, Maitland being the favourites
    With Belswans being the dark horses?

I heard Adamstown lost nearly all of their 23s players because of the 1st grade coach and the way he treated the 23s players, so depth could be a problem there?

Maitland are always strong in their 23s.

Belswans 23s made the semis this year but got trounced by the Lambton powerhouse side, so an influx into 1st grade could give them the depth they need also?

I thnk it will be a most interesting year and probably the most open race since they reopened the doors of promotion a few years back

Banned
    As for Lake Macquarie why such the big concern with how they are going?? Clubs need good solid committees and a good playing group to stick together to be at the forefront of the local scene or they slip back through the leagues to New FM Zone etc.

If Lake Macquarie can't get their shit together they will find out the hard way. Plenty of other decent size clubs aren't represented in the NBN so the opportunity is their for clubs to come through and make a mark

Magic and Olympic only got to State League level in the early 90's and look at what they have achieved since. Rather we were getting clubs like that up there than the likes of Westy/Lake Macquarie etc who seem to yo yo between being too good for New FM and not good enough for NBN

Please give me what your on ?????

Heard a rumor over the weekend that Bren Hammel has signed with hamilton, also heard that Troy Halpin is likely to sign with jaffas

Quote Originally Posted by The Baby Piglet View Post
    Heard a rumor over the weekend that Bren Hammel has signed with hamilton, also heard that Troy Halpin is likely to sign with jaffas
    Who is Bren Hammel?

Troy Halpin to Jaffas? Wasnt this rumour going on here last year? Cant see any truth in this one again. Where are your rumours from?

Clearly you don't live up to your name "Old Wise Man". I spoke with the aforementioned over the weekend who informed me he was in talks with hamilton and very close to reaching an agreement. And as for the Halpin rumour that came from a person within the jaffas club whom i not prepared to mention on a public forum.

Clearly you don't live up to your name "Old Wise Man". I spoke with the aforementioned over the weekend who informed me he was in talks with hamilton and very close to reaching an agreement. And as for the Halpin rumour that came from a person within the jaffas club whom i not prepared to mention on a public forum.
    Baby, clearly you live up to your name. As I didnt mention anything about the truth of Bren hammel, actually asked who he was.

The second one, I can bet my Wise old a** that troy Halpin doesnt sign for the Jaffas.
    I know Troy very well.

So clearly I am living up to mine, as you are living up to yours... oink oink

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wise Man View Post
    Is this only the19s NEWFM thread?

If not, why is there no talk of 1st grade teams???

I thought there would be some discussion for prmotion this year?

Adamston, Maitland being the favourites
    With Belswans being the dark horses?

I heard Adamstown lost nearly all of their 23s players because of the 1st grade coach and the way he treated the 23s players, so depth could be a problem there?

Maitland are always strong in their 23s.

Belswans 23s made the semis this year but got trounced by the Lambton powerhouse side, so an influx into 1st grade could give them the depth they need also?

I thnk it will be a most interesting year and probably the most open race since they reopened the doors of promotion a few years back
    First post under my new name for the season ;-)

Adamstown have only lost 2 players that they wanted to keep throughout all 3 grades - John Dixon 23s to Jaffas and the young kid Turnbull (handy player) from the 19s who has followed his dad to the Jaffas.

All the other players from 19s , 23s & 1st grade that the coaches wanted to keep have stayed and anyone else that has left was surplus to requirements.

maitland will be very strong in all 3 grades this year I think and nobody really knows yet how westy will handle the drop !!
    Last edited by Keep the long balls short; 12-12-2012 at 11:49 AM.

I am a player for Jaffas, and can tell you this rumour is complete hogwash about Halpo!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wise Man View Post
    Baby, clearly you live up to your name. As I didnt mention anything about the truth of Bren hammel, actually asked who he was.

The second one, I can bet my Wise old a** that troy Halpin doesnt sign for the Jaffas.
    I know Troy very well.

So clearly I am living up to mine, as you are living up to yours... oink oink

Halpo = Barnsley Coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    I am a player for Jaffas, and can tell you this rumour is complete hogwash about Halpo!
    Welcome to the forum maj haha

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Halpo = Barnsley Coach ?
    More likely then him signing for the Jaffas