Thread: 2019/2020 Striking Options?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nah time to move on from Roy. In a salary capped league there is no place for a sentimental signing.

If Roy was to come out in the first 6 rounds of next season giving the thumbs up to good non converted service people would be complaining why the hell we gave him another deal. Roy has been about the League a few seasons now and like Dimi i am afraid we have probably seen the best of them both.

Dimi has had two real standout seasons , One the season with Brisbane and shifted to Korea and then last season here. Both those standout seasons he was playing wonderful give and go and one touch football none of this the ball is mine and i am taking two dozen touches back into traffic shit. This not entirely on Dimi i also hold Ernie partly responsible for this going on for so long week after week, Ernie has been quoting stats to blow wind up his proverbial all season when the rest of us could see these issues in his game from the get go.

Anyways back to Roy if you want to see the club take steps forward again next season i believe that needs a new #9 to happen. Roy has lost that scent to sniff out half an opportunity hence he struggling to be in the right position at the right time. That was one of his strengths in previous seasons, He had a knack to be bang on time in the right place.

And Brem you are correct re wages. I am sure Miller commented that part of the world was a good location to seek out players as wages in that part were very comparable to the A League.
    Disagree RE Dimi - he was the same last season. He has always taken a lot of touches and looked to be the main man on the ball. And in general its worked for him. The difference is when Vargas is in the side as well, then there's two of them that like the ball at their feet and the team dynamic is thrown a bit. Dimi hasn't been as good as last season, but its hard to take anything in isolation. Last night, none of the other attackers offered much really.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Disagree RE Dimi - he was the same last season. He has always taken a lot of touches and looked to be the main man on the ball. And in general its worked for him. The difference is when Vargas is in the side as well, then there's two of them that like the ball at their feet and the team dynamic is thrown a bit. Dimi hasn't been as good as last season, but its hard to take anything in isolation. Last night, none of the other attackers offered much really.
    One thing that also stands out is how little our attackers actually defend

With Dimi and Vargas on the park neither like to tackle
    Jair more or less phones in his efforts anyway

Leaves us very exposed defensively and costs us countering opportunity as well

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Jair more or less phones in his efforts anyway

Leaves us very exposed defensively and costs us countering opportunity as well
    was amazed last night at how little of Adelaides attack went down Jairs side. He was not even remotely interested in getting back to help, which wasnt a big problem until you realised that Shep and Roy were right next to him.

Adelaide coach kept going though Goodwin and i thought for the most part we covered him.

how he couldnt see the gaps on the other side ill never know.

But, at least Jair made space for himself in attack and at least looked to beat a man. Shep was bad, Dimi was covered and Roy was no where near the play.
    would be more than happy to see Joey and Jair start next match.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG