Thread: Olyroos AFC U-23 games.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    once again Arzani is showing how useless he is

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    The kid has potential, but at the moment he looks lost.
    The media beat up has ruined this kids career.

You see moments of raw ability and skills. He is a good dribbler. There were at least two occasions where he had a 1 on 1 or an opportunity to drive and shoot but opted to do some fancy dribble shit and turn out. Drive! Shoot! Score! Where’s the winger instincts?
    In the last 4 years: he has played like 50 appearances (I daresay less than half were starts) for 6 goals. That’s also his stats for first team football.
    He’s had some bad luck, but there’s no way he deserves the hype the media give this kid. He needs consistent senior football and he may be a great player.

Anyway. Overall I thought we played rather well. Could have easily been 4-0. Very interested to see how we perform against Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    In the last 4 years: he has played like 50 appearances (I daresay less than half were starts) for 6 goals. That’s also his stats for first team football.
    He’s had some bad luck, but there’s no way he deserves the hype the media give this kid. He needs consistent senior football and he may be a great player.
    Since he left Melbourne City not including any non-competitive reserve team football (Utrecht II is in because they play in Eerste Divisie)... 787 minutes, 19 games with 7 of those as a starter.
    He also has 187 minutes in seven Oly/Socceroo games... but six of those were WQ and before and the other was last night.

Apart from one game at Utrecht II, he doesn't appear to have played an entire 90 minutes since he was in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Copped the FoxSports Hype treatment. Its a genuine curse
    Jaliens gives me the horn