Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cannot recommend Breaking Bad enough. You HAVE to watch it from the start and not get frustrated if the pace slows down every now and then. It all ties in so well and the way you change opinions on the characters is really cool.
    Season 5 (final season) starts in the U.S. this week (Showcase here at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be dragged out across about 14 months for about 18 episodes. Just hope it doesn't ruin it.
    Anyway that's the only non sport TV I'm watching at the moment.

The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?
    The Wire is a great show. Fully deserves the 9.5 rating on imdb.

I've watched all of community and rate it highly shame about the change of writers and ect as mentioned above. Seen all of breaking bad as well which can be frustrating at times due to the slow pace but well worth sticking out. Currently onto the last season of mad men and its good, has certain episodes based on america's famous historical events from the 1960's which are pretty well done. There was even a mention of england winning the world cup in 1966.

I'll probably watch game of thrones next or sopranos.

I didn't like Episodes at first but stuck with it and started to enjoy it towards the end of Season 1. Season 2 has lost me though and I don't watch it anymore. I've had The Wire sitting there for a while but haven't had the time to watch it. Looking forward to the return of Breaking Bad to see what storyline they come up with after last seasons finale. I am also looking forward to Dexter as it should change now he has been discovered