Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
I wasn't at meeting but I was told the same thing.

Some mixed messages here. A few months ago the talk was about scrapping third grade. A few months later clubs may be scrapped if they can't field a third grade. Got me confused....

I think they need to review this. The facts are no new clubs will ever join, nearly impossible to get the required 50 players to field a new club.

It also limits areas of who may join zone league. I think it's great that new clubs like Southern Lakes join. Hard to see clubs from the valley getting the required numbers to join.This move will only work for bigger clubs, smaller clubs will just drop out of Zone Football.
maybe you should go to the meetings, then you would not have to listen to mixed messages.

They listened on not scrapping 3rds after more than 80% put there hand up to keep the ZL1 & ZL2 with 3 grades at the last meeting, tip your hat to them for making a quick decision on that one.

What your saying is not what was said, if they want to go up after winning ZL3 then they would have to have 3 grades, there is no way the zones will kick a club out for not fielding 3 grades if they win ZL3, they just wont go up

It is not the same in regards to ZL1 and NL1 movements that are being discussed, with some great, sensible discussions about how it should be done.