Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3126

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ar...-extra-funding

The FA should take this article, walk straight up to every federal parliamentarian and say we want a substantially bigger deal for all the soft diplomacy we can do in the Pacific, Asia, Africa, South America and the Middle East.
    the NRL reported distributions to clubs of $98.2m (8 mill each) in 2023 in addition to the payments to cover player salaries, a 33% increase on the previous year.
    fmd. That plus a lazy 2mill on top.

edit-cheers 380
    Last edited by Jim; 21-05-2024 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

98.2 across all NRL clubs not each.

Honestly, it’s pretty incredible what the administration of thugby league can do.

Nobody cares when yet another player is charged with allegedly assaulting his wife, because ITS MAGIC ROUND BABY where each clubs fans go for a drunken bender in Brisbane and brawl at games and on the streets, but nobody knows cause most news agencies have a finger in the pie somewhere.

In all seriousness, we need an admin with some balls that can get us a good deal that can go a long way to covering basic travel and salaries. Leaving clubs to determine how much they fork out for additional staff, facilities and marquee style players.

We need to start again with a product that people actually want to watch before we start asking for money to fix our issues. We are too busy trying to become the NRL that we are ruining the actual game itself here to do so.

We need to focus on selling out stadiums and making our money that way, then when there is a league full of teams with packed stadiums each week, great atmosphere, etc, people will want to come and check it out themselves.

Sitting in McDonald Jones stadium with a bunch of families hearing a pin drop for 90 mins isn't what football should be. 4000 people singing and screaming for 90 mins in some cramped, pain in the arse to get into and out of, stadium sounds like a lot more fun.

Then, we can actually start to market ourselves as a real league to the rest of the world and make our money from football fans in general instead of trying to convert NRL families over like we do now.

NRL wishes it was a Seppo sport, we need to try and become a Euro one instead. Seppo owners bribe city officials to build them a new stadium, Euro clubs get the president of the entire nation to beg their star player to stay, lol. Way cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

There was a time when we had an actual heavy hitter that could open doors and command the ear of the people in power but you all hated him and ran him out of the game.

You 'true fanz' all got what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Honestly, it?s pretty incredible what the administration of thugby league can do.

Nobody cares when yet another player is charged with allegedly assaulting his wife, because ITS MAGIC ROUND BABY where each clubs fans go for a drunken bender in Brisbane and brawl at games and on the streets, but nobody knows cause most news agencies have a finger in the pie somewhere.

In all seriousness, we need an admin with some balls that can get us a good deal that can go a long way to covering basic travel and salaries. Leaving clubs to determine how much they fork out for additional staff, facilities and marquee style players.
    Thugby League, what are you 11? Code Wars are ****ing boring and childlike.

The whole notion that nobody cares about DV issues is simply untrue. There has been widespread outrage and condemnation of both DV issues in the last 7 days from NRL supporters and there always is condemnation when these issues arise. Stop making up fake scenarios to supplement your own agenda

The APL will never receive a single government cent whilst they are a For Profit operation. The first thing the Government will ask when the APL ask for money is "how will it be spent?". After seeing the current track record of the APL, it will not be spent wisely at all so why would the Government trust them? What would they get in return? There is simply not enough demand for A-Liga Football at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post

The whole notion that nobody cares about DV issues is simply untrue. There has been widespread outrage and condemnation of both DV issues in the last 7 days from NRL supporters and there always is condemnation when these issues arise. Stop making up fake scenarios to supplement your own agenda
    I mean, you can literally Google NRL and there's nothing about the DV case, or the parent who's dad is facing execution in the Philippines, or the pundit who got charged with assault, it's all about a coach getting sacked and a new coach elsewhere.

Google A League and all you get is the Macarthur story.

The.NRL was smart enough to sell a share in the league to the media and now the media works to help it's own investment by wiping all these stories under the rug as quickly as possible and pushing positive stories to keep people from really looking into how much of a problem that code actually has. It was a brilliant move TBH.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think the Sydney Herald is the most read newspaper in the country.

Just check the sports section: 80% is NRL, all year round.
    Football coverage is: occasional articles on Matildas, Socceroos or Premier League (mostly Ange). A-League is only mentioned with regard to ground invasions, betting scandals, player misconduct etc.

Not a single article on A-league games.

Can't be a coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I mean, you can literally Google NRL and there's nothing about the DV case, or the parent who's dad is facing execution in the Philippines, or the pundit who got charged with assault, it's all about a coach getting sacked and a new coach elsewhere.

Google A League and all you get is the Macarthur story.

The.NRL was smart enough to sell a share in the league to the media and now the media works to help it's own investment by wiping all these stories under the rug as quickly as possible and pushing positive stories to keep people from really looking into how much of a problem that code actually has. It was a brilliant move TBH.
    Googled A-League and I got the following articles

Mariners 1 win away from Treble
    Article about Ange
    Kai Trewin signing for Melb City
    A-League on brink of Financial Disaster

Macarthur story buried towards the bottom (it quite rightly deserves national attention considering its links to Organised Crime)

Googled NRL and got

Taylan May stood down, to face court over charges
    Roosters responding to viral video
    Sad Text over coaches sacking
    Expansion news

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post

The APL will never receive a single government cent whilst they are a For Profit operation. The first thing the Government will ask when the APL ask for money is "how will it be spent?". After seeing the current track record of the APL, it will not be spent wisely at all so why would the Government trust them? What would they get in return? There is simply not enough demand for A-Liga Football at the moment.
    Yeah get it right, it?s drugby league

Code Wars suck. Anybody who participates in them does too.

Government won’t give money to Z-league organisation anyway.
    A) because they know APL will waste it
    B) as Killa said, they are a For Profit organisation

There’s not enough interest in the league to be handing out big sums of money
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    There was a time when we had an actual heavy hitter that could open doors and command the ear of the people in power but you all hated him and ran him out of the game.

You 'true fanz' all got what you wanted.
    The true fanz have no interest in GVE. And he's not going to come back. Hopefully we strike lucky again in a few years or so.

I'm looking at the official jets news site: https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/

Am I missing seeing any sort of official anouncement / confirmation of the new ownership?
    Seems like something a club should have an official statment or press release about...
    Is it not done?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    I'm looking at the official jets news site: https://newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/

Am I missing seeing any sort of official anouncement / confirmation of the new ownership?
    Seems like something a club should have an official statment or press release about...
    Is it not done?
    In Shane We Trust?....

Is it not done?
    If you are waiting for the Executive Chairman to confer with members n supporters on the current status of the club you are well and truly delirious.

If there is one thing we know about the clubs EC is he is consistent. Perhaps he has departed hence no updates from anybody in a position to do so.

Stamatelopoulos in the Socceroos squad. Good to know we aren't too much of a drain on someone's career prospects, if he can get himself a run in these games and looks good he might be fighting for an overseas contract next season. Here's hoping we can get a nice little fee for him and put that towards an academy under the new owners, if and when they finally show up and take over.

Is it not done?
    wasn't the last info that it was with the FA for their approval, and that may take 3 weeks? I think that was at least a week ago, if not two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Stamatelopoulos in the Socceroos squad. Good to know we aren't too much of a drain on someone's career prospects, if he can get himself a run in these games and looks good he might be fighting for an overseas contract next season. Here's hoping we can get a nice little fee for him and put that towards an academy under the new owners, if and when they finally show up and take over.
    Yep real pleased for the bloke, works hard and good with his feet or head and is a really decent passer. He's a bit unique in he can get in behind defences or play back to goal.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/a-leagu...ial-axe-608394

Fears of the big squeeze are understood to be one reason the takeover of the Newcastle Jets by a group of Melbourne and Sydney-based business identities has yet to be ratified, the skittish investors seeking clarification on the how much the club will receive in disbursements before signing off on the deal.

You know, I can't help feeling like I've heard this before...

Anybody know any white Knights looking for a noble cause? The APL could use one.