Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HAL Rd 24 Newcastle United Jets V Perth Glory Friday 7:30KO

there is nothing more important than this

loose

still trying to understand how Purf won that game.Probs the most negative game plan i've seen from any team all season. 4 defenders in a line,5 in a midfield line and Smeltz swatting flies up front. What surprised me is they allowed Bridges to play in between the lines with noone picking him up.It was like they were playing 2 defensive lines but more zonal.Look at our goal they had 4 in a line but both CBs were marking noone and the weakside FB didnt tuck in.Wish we would of taken our chances in the
    1st half cause glory would of had to change their tactics and maybe I wouldn't have got bored.But I suppose they came here for a draw and left with a win so wtf do I know ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wonder if all the Bridges wankfest will die down now. Bloke missed a ****ing sitter a player of his alleged pedigree should be burying. You can understand a young bloke seeing glory and getting a rush of blood and blazing over ala Chilli but an bloke who played in the EPL should be showing some experience and putting it on target. Other than that he done **** ALL AGAIN

Also we lost control of that game about 65 mins in when Bridges legs went and we weren't able to press and allowed Perth to work into the game. Why wasn't he subbed off and Mitchy Cooper bought on??

Gotta feel for the Egg tonight. Team aimed up played well and dominated and got UNFAIRLY arse raped in the epitome of highway robbery.

Must say I like the idea of Goody at Left Back. I like the aspect that our fullback actually looks like he has an idea in the attacking 3rd. The idea that is so lacking in Neville and Gallaway Riitters game. Love to see if we could sign another genuine wide threat on the left and see how we go with Goody and another livewire tearing down the wing.

LIFE IS AIDS=GAME IS AIDS

SICK_AS_ A_DOG_TONIGHT#
    I will bite dickhead. You have got no idea if you think Bridges was shit tonight. Best on the park along with Taggert who worked his arse off and holds the ball up quite well.
    I agree witht te coment about GvE though. More than enough chances to win the game. Fullbacks still push too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Porett View Post
    Our loss to secure WSW the title over the gypsies would be better than a win. More so if they double up and beat them in the GF.
    winner

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    I will bite dickhead. You have got no idea if you think Bridges was shit tonight. Best on the park along with Taggert who worked his arse off and holds the ball up quite well.
    I agree witht te coment about GvE though. More than enough chances to win the game. Fullbacks still push too high.
    Too bad he missed that sitter.

No contract for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wonder if all the Bridges wankfest will die down now. Bloke missed a ****ing sitter a player of his alleged pedigree should be burying. You can understand a young bloke seeing glory and getting a rush of blood and blazing over ala Chilli but an bloke who played in the EPL should be showing some experience and putting it on target. Other than that he done **** ALL AGAIN

Also we lost control of that game about 65 mins in when Bridges legs went and we weren't able to press and allowed Perth to work into the game. Why wasn't he subbed off and Mitchy Cooper bought on??

Gotta feel for the Egg tonight. Team aimed up played well and dominated and got UNFAIRLY arse raped in the epitome of highway robbery.

Must say I like the idea of Goody at Left Back. I like the aspect that our fullback actually looks like he has an idea in the attacking 3rd. The idea that is so lacking in Neville and Gallaway Riitters game. Love to see if we could sign another genuine wide threat on the left and see how we go with Goody and another livewire tearing down the wing.

LIFE IS AIDS=GAME IS AIDS

SICK_AS_ A_DOG_TONIGHT#
    As you so correctly pointed out, Bridges was a major reason we did have so much of the game. The 'sitter' he missed wasn't excactly a sitter, he still had some work to do under pressure, it it didn't go over the bar by much ..... others missed chances as well, some set up by Bridges. He's mobile, and works all over the park ... he uses his superior judgement and leadership to inspire the less experienced, and tonight he used it very effectively ..... what lost it for us was a loose ball in the box from a set piece where , in the finality of it, there were 8 Newcastle players v 4 Perth players, and they took their chance on that loose ball.

The reason we're in the position we're in is Van God's lack of judgement in not playing his best side every round from round 1.

Wanderers jersey bought

What a shit **** of a day. Work sucked, had an ok afternoon at disc golf and that ****ing finish. Ugh. Deadset the most negative cunce ever to play the Jerks and win. And I ****ing hate trains, over it, can't wait to get new car in May.

I've learnt to take the good with the bad with bridges. He will turn it over many times sometimes comically but still he poses extra threats and often tries stuff rather than just looking to pass back to chapman or Ritter.

I watched jesic closely last night as I was keen to use him as a scapegoat if he wasn't working hard enough. He worked harder than I've ever seen him do. He challenged at times to loose balls even if he wasn't likely to win it outright for himself and forced the ball back in our possession which is something he never did, he'd rather sit and wait for the ball than put contest loose balls. Going forward he lacked a bit of speed at times but showed some good attacking nous to create chances. Not saying he was our best performer but I was just impressed with his work rate for the team.

Newcastle Herald this morning...

It's win at all costs for Jets after 2-1 loss to Glory

By JAMES GARDINER
    March 8, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

SHATTERED coach Gary van Egmond conceded that the Newcastle Jets would have to win the remaining two games to make the semi-finals after they gave up a goal in injury time to lose 2-1 to Perth Glory at Hunter Stadium last night.

The home side dominated everywhere bar the scoreboard.

But they were left with nothing after Glory centreback Michael Thwaite pounced on a rebound from a corner in stoppage time to snatch an unlikely winner.

Argentine midfielder Matias Cordoba had put the visitors ahead against the run of play in the 24th minute.

Adam Taggart grabbed a deserved equaliser on the stroke of half-time.

The second half was one-way traffic. The Jets created chance after chance but could not find the killer blow thanks to great goalkeeping by Danny Vukovic and wayward finishing.

"It is a hard one to swallow when you consider how much we controlled the game and how many opportunities we created, and to get our pocket picked at the end on a set piece," van Egmond lamented.

"We dominated the game for long periods, but the name of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net.

"Unfortunately that is what we did not do.

"You don’t want to lose in any fashion, but in particular the way we lost.

"We have made it very difficult with the run in to the semis."

The result left the Jets hanging on to fifth place on the ladder with 30 points but Brisbane (28), Perth (28) Melbourne Heart (27) and Sydney (27) are closing in and have a game in hand.

They are away to fourth-placed Adelaide on Friday, have a weekend off due to the rescheduled match against Wellington, which they won 2-1, before completing the season at home to leaders Western Sydney Wanderers on Good Friday.

"We know what we need to do to make the six – win both games," van Egmond said.

"We go there with that knowledge and in some ways that is a good thing.

"We are certainly going in the games with the mindset we have to win."

Van Egmond expects midfielder Zenon Caravella (hamstring) and right back Sam Gallaway (knee) to be fit for Adelaide but is resigned to being without marquee striker Emile Heskey.

"He has a tear in his calf and I don’t think he will be right for Adelaide," the coach said.

Fellow veteran Michael Bridges led the way last night with another commanding display.

He created numerous opportunities and on another night could have had a hat-trick. He had two shots graze the woodwork and a glancing header saved by Vukovic.

Unwanted a month ago, the 34-year-old striker is poised to be offered a new deal.

"We have been in dialogue with Michael," van Egmond said. "It is great the form that he has been in.

"He is really showing he has something left in those spindly legs.

"It is great from my point of view. I have been proven wrong, a number of people have been proven wrong, and it is testament to Bridgey as a professional."

Thwaite may have provided the late winner but Vukovic was the hero for Glory.

"He has been really good for the past couple of weeks," Glory coach Alistair Edwards said.

The win ended the Glory’s streak of five losses on the road and launched them back into finals calculations.

Taggart again deputised for Heskey at the point of the attack in a reshuffled line-up that featured three new faces from the 5-0 rout in the Melbourne Victory debacle with Connor Chapman, James Brown and Bridges included.

The Glory had lost five straight on the road, and they had Vukovic and some poor finishing from the Jets to thank for still being in the game after 10 minutes.
    We still had some horror patches but we created a stack of chances. Goodwin should stay at left back...he started his Heart career there and was outstanding in that role during the preseason. Taggart was impressive and we need to set up the system for him to play that Michael Owen role next to Heskey.

Expected Jesic to be poo but overall he wasn't bad. Bridgey was ordinary the first 10 mins orr so and missed that chance, but was brilliant after that, certainly not his fault we lost. Chapman needs to learn how to head a ball. We have very few goalscoring threats in our team apart from the usual suspects.

Football sux and season is over though - we really do need a miracle, a few pens and some red cards to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Taggart was impressive and we need to set up the system for him to play that Michael Owen role next to Heskey
    this.
    With bridges in behind.

We had clear chances in first 10 mins that would of killed the game off..
    Bridge and tags were quality...
    As much as a i hate to say it Danny vucovic was the difference last night, pulled off some world class saves..

We finally looked threatening from corners last night..

tactically, Perth were pretty clever- Alistair Edwards was a great and smart player back in his Sydney Olympic days and he has a good understanding of the game. In saying that, Our tactics are very simple and one dimensional. Last week Ange had his fullbacks sitting deep to thwart the 'high push' from our fullbacks. Then in a quick counter, the inevitable turn over resulted in Victory whacking the ball into the vacant space. Schooled. When the Victory were attacking, Ange also cleverly sucked our fullbacks wide then attacked us through the channels. All clever and well rehearsed stuff. Tonight, Perth played with an extra man in misfield that provided width to cut off our high push from the fullbacks. candy from a baby. Finally, old RBY has prattled on about our dumbness at set pieces. To concede a goal is hardly surprising. In saying that, I believe our attacking corners had some work on the training paddock during the week- slight improvement.

Clearly evident from that performance that we need players who can score goals. Taggart has proven in recent weeks that he knows where the back of the net is but when you lack at the rest of that team from last night, who else is a regular scorer or apart from Rubes can get one every now and again?
    GVE seems to be so obsessed with possession and "controling" the game as his philosphy that he seems to have forgotten that goals win games. The fact that he is keen on getting Musialik back just reinforces that notion. What is Stuey going to provide that we already don't have?

pingers
    we will loose

u idiots missed the real show tonight

splooge

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    u idiots missed the real show tonight

splooge
    Highlight of the night.... too bad harper was there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    tactically, Perth were pretty clever- Alistair Edwards was a great and smart player back in his Sydney Olympic days and he has a good understanding of the game. In saying that, Our tactics are very simple and one dimensional. Last week Ange had his fullbacks sitting deep to thwart the 'high push' from our fullbacks. Then in a quick counter, the inevitable turn over resulted in Victory whacking the ball into the vacant space. Schooled. When the Victory were attacking, Ange also cleverly sucked our fullbacks wide then attacked us through the channels. All clever and well rehearsed stuff. Tonight, Perth played with an extra man in misfield that provided width to cut off our high push from the fullbacks. candy from a baby. Finally, old RBY has prattled on about our dumbness at set pieces. To concede a goal is hardly surprising. In saying that, I believe our attacking corners had some work on the training paddock during the week- slight improvement.
    Tactically clever or just exposed you to something we don't do. Such as attempt to set up in an away game keep it tight absorb the opponents pressure and hope to nick goals when they can and pinch a draw/win.

Where as we turn up at an away game show our opponents little respect and play an open game attempting to shove our style of play down their throat. As opposed to parking the bus and keeping it tight and seeing where that leads you to.

To say Alistair Edwards is some type of coaching talent on last nights effort is insane. His team were dominated and arse raped for most of the game by Newy. We missed key chances we should have buried and the chances kept falling to the wrong bloke for us!! His keeper had a blinder and pulled off 2-3 saves he wasn't entitled to. We take our chances and we are 2-3 up before Perth think about attacking last night.

It was a ****ing crime that at HT it was 1-1 when Perth had 2 shots the goal their first attack and some ambitious effort from 30 yards and we had missed at least 3 sitters.

Good coach based on that. **** ought to buy himself a lottery ticket for winning probably the most undeserved win of the season in the HAL

Regardless of our missed chances if gve had decided to build a strong backline we win 1-0.

Hey guys, missed the match last night. Was at a wedding.

So, how did it all go?