Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New competition and criteria

What a terrific idea by the dumbest federation in the world.

So it is for player development? How does this actually help player development? So a decent player with good potential maybe stuck with a terrible coach and a terrible team because they are unable to move? Makes sense.

The real issue is coaching quality not loyalty. Does northern think because a player is loyal they will become a good player? Loyalty to a bad environment breeds bad technique and poor tactical knowledge.

Northern are about boosting their own ego's. They are trying to reinvent the wheel possibly to get recognition. I wonder what type of recognition they will get when this flops.

I am unaware of PRO's for this concept. Please someone enlighten me

The way i see it is "if your good enough, your old enough". If a player has the ability to play up an age and elects to, why shouldn't they be allowed to play against older/better players. This is probably the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard. Why should it only be players in the emerging jets system have the opportunity to play up an age group. This boarders on discrimination in restricting the potential ability of a child. If anyone has read the National Football Curriculum put forth by the FAA (which i have read). It puts much emphasis on the fact the many players are disadvantaged due to not having the chance to play in the various development squads (ie emerging jets) for one reason or another. As a result they are disadvantaged, now we what to segregate them ever further.
    Lets get real people, we all know that football is a highly political game, and knowing the right people can get you a huge advantage. If northern implement these new ideas this really will highlight why Australia is a 2nd rate football nation.
    Last edited by The Baby Piglet; 28-06-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    What a terrific idea by the dumbest federation in the world.

So it is for player development? How does this actually help player development? So a decent player with good potential maybe stuck with a terrible coach and a terrible team because they are unable to move? Makes sense.

The real issue is coaching quality not loyalty. Does northern think because a player is loyal they will become a good player? Loyalty to a bad environment breeds bad technique and poor tactical knowledge.

Northern are about boosting their own ego's. They are trying to reinvent the wheel possibly to get recognition. I wonder what type of recognition they will get when this flops.

I am unaware of PRO's for this concept. Please someone enlighten me
    It's not nnswf it's FFA implementation

Quote Originally Posted by The Baby Piglet View Post
    It puts much emphasis on the fact the many players are disadvantaged due to not having the chance to play in the various development squads (ie emerging jets) for one reason or another. As a result they are disadvantaged, now we what to segregate them ever further.
    Lets get real people, we all know that football is a highly political game, and knowing the right people can get you a huge advantage. If northern implement these new ideas this really will highlight why Australia is a 2nd rate football nation.
    Well said. Put Bresciano's philosophy into our juniors and one day we might not look like hacks.

I thought Craig Kerry's article in the paper on Wednesday was spot on.

My feelings on the player points system is it will most likely weaken the comp, not make it stronger. The competition that will strengthen will be ZPL when players who are told that other NBN clubs cant accommodate them within their points tally decide to go play with their mates. Instead of strengthening NEW FM it will probably make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    I thought Craig Kerry's article in the paper on Wednesday was spot on.

My feelings on the player points system is it will most likely weaken the comp, not make it stronger. The competition that will strengthen will be ZPL when players who are told that other NBN clubs cant accommodate them within their points tally decide to go play with their mates. Instead of strengthening NEW FM it will probably make it worse.
    Totally agree!
    The best strikers in the comp, well 2 of according to leading goals, are Peter Haynes and Scott Smith. Do we have to tell them they are too old now and replace them with a 20year old? Who does that 20 year old learn off up front when hes playing? Surely he wuld be better off playing with a Peter or Scott on the field and develop?
    It may be working in places like Sydney, but we don't have the abundance of players that Sydney has.

The best youthplayers in Newcastle are playing with Jets youth and they are coming 6th!!??
    So when you give the remainder to the other 9 clubs what sort of level is our top flight going to have then?

Stop fu**ing with things and just let the comp be for a while!

An early version of not being able to play up an age group has already occurred in the Elite 15's. Last year (not sure about this year) if you were 14 you could not play Elite 15's.
    The reason given was they did not want players dropping out of the Newcastle/Macquarie/Hunter rep squads to go to club 15 sides instead.

I would have thought that with the money and skills available to the rep programs, they would have no trouble getting players to play for them. Same applies to the Emerging Jets. If players don't want to play for the Emerging Jets and choose Magic (for example) instead, to me that is an indicator that the Emerging Jets (and Rep) program(s) have some big problems.

In the FFA Elite coaching material, the message is "if you are good enough, you are old enough" - so not really sure why this age restriction exists.

Banned
    THE controversial player-points system to be introduced in Northern NSW State League next season will be set at 250 points and scaled back to 200 by 2017.
    See your ad here

The points system, which is mandatory for inclusion in the National Premier League, was endorsed by the NNSWF board on Monday night after consultation with clubs through the National Competition Review implementation committee.

Each club will have 250 points to spread over their top 20 players. Each player is initially assigned 10 points before points are added or subtracted to favour under-25, home-grown and loyal talent.

"If we want to be part of the NPL, which we do, the player points system is mandatory," NNSW chief executive David Eland said.

"FFA have allowed a transition period to get to 200 points, which is being done in the majority of federations.

"Based on the benchmarking exercise we conducted, clubs will have a cap of 250 points next year. In the second year, 2015, it will go down to 230, then 210 in 2016.

"By the time of the next licence in 2017, it will be back to the core 200 points.

"Football Victoria are starting their clubs at 270, then going to 250 and 225," he said.

"When we averaged out where state league clubs were positioned this year, the average was 238."

The aim of the player points system is to promote youth development and curb excessive player payments.

Promoted clubs will receive an extra 30 points and do not incur "switching" penalties for players who join them for their maiden campaign.

There is also a provision for marquee players.

Opinion has been divided among the current state league clubs over the system.

"The most contentious issue has been prioritisation of players under the age of 25 as opposed to those over the age of 25," Eland said.

"I don't think that any player over 25 will be forced out of our game purely because of the player points system over the next three years, given there is a buffer.

"At the end of the three years, FFA have agreed to reassess whether or not 25 is the appropriate point to start penalising. Even a 30-year-old player who has come through a club system is not going to be worth more points, because of the home-grown and loyalty points."

Eland said a spreadsheet detailing player points would be distributed to the clubs.

To compete in the NPL, clubs must be licensed.

Clubs must also meet criteria including submitting three-year business plans, budget forecasts, appointing a technical director, coaching accreditation levels and junior teams in under 13s, 14s and 15s.

The promotion and relegation system with first division remains.

But first division clubs must have an NPL licence to gain promotion.

"If premiers of first division are unlicensed, there will be no promotion or relegation," Eland said.

"At the start of 2014 season clubs will need to declare if they will be licensed.

"We have negotiated a significant amount of compromise with FFA to the point where we don't consider any element of the criteria to be unnecessary or onerous."
    See your ad here

Licence applications will be forwarded to clubs this week and close on August 9.

Eland said clubs would always hold different opinions, but they were proud that the region was recognised as an Australian football heartland.

"I don't think for one minute they will not want our State League to be part of the NPL."

As per usual in Newy we can't see the forest from the trees.

A forward thinking mob would embrace the 200 point plan now but not us. We have to phase everything in as people are to clueless here to adapt

Epic failure for the clowns involved in running the clubs and code in this area

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

A forward thinking mob would embrace the 200 point plan now but not us. We have to phase everything in as people are to clueless here to adapt

Did you not read the part about Victoria doing the same?

I already know what most of the clowns on here response will be but...

Am I the only one who can see the benifits of having 2-3 Central Coast teams and a Port Stephens base team in our top 2 divisions
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Almost every post you make just reinforces my opinion of you being a complete dick that has not only a set against clubs in NNSW but also one who has lost touch with the game at a local level. Have you any idea of the game in this area or have you got your head so far up your arse that you can't see past your own shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Am I the only one who can see the benifits of having 2-3 Central Coast teams and a Port Stephens base team in our top 2 divisions
    The Central Coast aren't in our federation...

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

I'm sure that a Port Stephens club will get the invite to apply and if they are deamed upto standard then they may be a show. In my opinion the shouldn't jump grades but rather go through the correct promotion proccess and earn promotion. They will be stronger for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Almost every post you make just reinforces my opinion of you being a complete dick that has not only a set against clubs in NNSW but also one who has lost touch with the game at a local level. Have you any idea of the game in this area or have you got your head so far up your arse that you can't see past your own shit?
    Another post from the bloke who only comes on here and bags people, if nothing nice to say then say nothing, simple,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Another post from the bloke who only comes on here and bags people, if nothing nice to say then say nothing, simple,

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    An early version of not being able to play up an age group has already occurred in the Elite 15's. Last year (not sure about this year) if you were 14 you could not play Elite 15's.
    The reason given was they did not want players dropping out of the Newcastle/Macquarie/Hunter rep squads to go to club 15 sides instead.

I would have thought that with the money and skills available to the rep programs, they would have no trouble getting players to play for them. Same applies to the Emerging Jets. If players don't want to play for the Emerging Jets and choose Magic (for example) instead, to me that is an indicator that the Emerging Jets (and Rep) program(s) have some big problems.

In the FFA Elite coaching material, the message is "if you are good enough, you are old enough" - so not really sure why this age restriction exists.
    Players have already chosen to play club football in the elite 15 competition instead of emerging jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    All while sitting in that chicken coop at Ulunga...

This must include Alan Nesbit and David Eland???

I truly believe developing better junior coaches is much more important than a points system in seniors for the game to develope in our region
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I truly believe developing better junior coaches is much more important than a points system in seniors for the game to develope in our region
    I agree with you. It's better to get them young and give them a football education from the start.