Thread: Nick Nack Paddy Whack - The Song Suggestion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heard this song at church recently and thought if you disregard all the religious-y stuff (and apologies to anyone whose ears hurt from hearing preachy songs), could make for a sweet anthem to sing - if it's simple, slow & loud enough I could picture a large majority of the stadium getting into it. Maybe a chorus and a verse worth of lines would work.

In terms of the actual lyrics, I'm in no state to think up anything decent. But the "Oh my soul" would obviously be "Newcastle" (maybe change start of chorus from "bless the lord oh my soul" to "we love you newcastle"?). Anyone feel free to go crazy making up lyrics if it's worth looking into.

Last edited by pv4; 07-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    OK

Pass the ball (?), New-cas-tle
    New-cas-tle
    Just wish we'd win a game
    Sing like never before
    New-cas-tle
    Sing until we win a game

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Pass the ball (?), New-cas-tle
    New-cas-tle
    Just wish we'd win a game
    Sing like never before
    New-cas-tle
    Sing until we win a game
    Replace Pass the Ball with score a goal then that's good

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Replace Pass the Ball with score a goal then that's good
    Easy.

Slow the ring of fire chant down to a tempo near enough to the original. Sounds horrendous at disco biccies speed.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Heard this song at church recently and thought if you disregard all the religious-y stuff (and apologies to anyone whose ears hurt from hearing preachy songs), could make for a sweet anthem to sing - if it's simple, slow & loud enough I could picture a large majority of the stadium getting into it. Maybe a chorus and a verse worth of lines would work.

In terms of the actual lyrics, I'm in no state to think up anything decent. But the "Oh my soul" would obviously be "Newcastle" (maybe change start of chorus from "bless the lord oh my soul" to "we love you newcastle"?). Anyone feel free to go crazy making up lyrics if it's worth looking into.

Here we go, Newcastle
    Newcastle
    The red, blue and golden boys
    Sing like never before
    Newcastle
    We're here to make some noise
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Just trolling through all the old ideas. This shit just makes me sad really. I hope happier days are ahead.

pv4, this is a great song. I know it. Got any ideas for lyrics? It would make a good football song in the traditional sense.
    Last edited by Dezy; 11-02-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezy View Post
    Just trolling through all the old ideas. This shit just makes me sad really. I hope happier days are ahead.

pv4, this is a great song. I know it. Got any ideas for lyrics? It would make a good football song in the traditional sense.
    Ok, This song will work with something like the following:

Sing it for Newcastle, New-ew-ew-castle
    I worship the Red and Blue
    Sing it for Newcastle, NEW CA STLE

repeat as many times as you want.

Happy to sing it on Monday. You coming Pv4. I will sing it with you seeing how you thought of it.

Ok, This song will work with something like the following:

Sing it for Newcastle, New-ew-ew-castle
    Sing it for Newcastle, NEW CA STLE

repeat as many times as you want.

Happy to sing it on Monday. You coming Pv4. I will sing it with you seeing how you thought of it.
    Actually I think it is more inspirational to keep some of the original words, like this:

Sing up for Newcastle, Oh-oh Newcastle
    Sing for the Red and Blue
    Sing like never before, NEW CA STLE
    I'll sing for the Red and Blue
    Last edited by Dezy; 11-02-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Heard the 1st 2 lines near start and it went......I worship your hole.............................................. .................................ly name. rof

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Heard the 1st 2 lines near start and it went......I worship your hole.............................................. .................................ly name. rof
    Yes there are many churchy things like that "Until you come again" etc etc. food for our perverted minds. haha.