Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 State Cup

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahk View Post
    I completely disagree.

Is there any clubs looking for a manager for zone league?
    Hmmm…. Westy??????? Na!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    I've been on the Northern website. Staring at the comment "watch this space" for postponed fixtures……..
    do I assume that all games at Weston are STILL ON??????

Who's playing today at beryl humble

Dungog v Mayfield (ZL3)
    Jesmond v Hamo
    Tenambit v Stockton

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    I've been on the Northern website. Staring at the comment "watch this space" for postponed fixtures……..
    do I assume that all games at Weston are STILL ON??????
    Weston is OFF

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Pretty bad that Pasadena gets called of and even beryl humble goes ahead
    beryl has drainage.. pasadena does not.. makes sense really

Just watched Dungog v Mayfield
    2-2
    (8-7)approx on dotties to Dungog

Jesmond 1 - 1 Olympic (Jeso on dotties)
    Tenambit 2 - 0 Stockton

Quote Originally Posted by Mahk View Post
    Rant
    I don't think there is a player in any of the leagues that would respect the judgement of a coach that is likely to blow up about them like this.

I don't think another club will have you after that.

First of all a big thanks to Tenambit who do know how to host a day. Everything (that was in their control) ran smoothly and was done professionally. They seem to have helpers everywhere. Pitch looking the goods too. Hopefully they can get their football sorted after a couple of relegations. Good luck lads!
    Jeso v Olympic was a win for us on penalties. Well done to our keeper.
    No score at the break in bit of a dire first half. We cleared one off the line to deny Olympic and we missed the target on a runaway which were the halves 2 best chances.
    Olympic scored pretty early in second half after taking advantage of a mistake and slotting whilst 1 on 1 with our keeper. From there on we never looked like conceding again and scored from a free kick, hit the crossbar and started to play some better football. We were further helped when a young bloke that had a pretty tough day ended up getting injured and they finished with 10. Hope he's ok.
    Pretty good effort with only 3 starters today from last years semi final. Still trying to gel and there were some good signs. Looking forward to round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Jesmond 1 - 1 Olympic (Jeso on dotties)
    Tenambit 2 - 0 Stockton
    Good result for tenambit, hopefully the start of good things for them
    Last edited by roundballsarebetter; 02-03-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Anyone got a match report from the shark derby?

The boys played well. My first year at Tenambit and today's game was very enjoyable.
    We never let Stockton create decent chances and play the Stockton style from last year. Held our structure well.
    Some fiery challenges but nothing too serious, except for one when Tenambit were up 1-0 midway through the second half. Studs in and it seen a straight red given to the Stockton guy.
    I believe the stockton keeper got a second yellow after the final whistle for mouthing off too.

Lol I wonder if either where Buddha or a person of interest

The red card was me and honestly thought it was a yellow and A lot of players including the tenambit players thought it was very harsh, no malice in it whatsoever just mistimed.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

haha seen plenty of them challenges with the same colour card, also seen some given yellow.
    either way no one could blame the ref for the red, as I could go either way depending on the ref. Studs in never end well

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    The red card was me and honestly thought it was a yellow and A lot of players including the tenambit players thought it was very harsh, no malice in it whatsoever just mistimed.
    Being a Tenambit player. I thought red card to you was harsh. Hopefully you don't miss too many games due to it.

All the best for all teams in round 2.

Was a yellow at best. Was 50/50 ball and clash of feet. There was contact but was his first foul of the game. Poor decision but tenambit already had us frustrated. Too many sloppy turn overs from us and didn't create much in the final third. There was really no open play scoring opportunities the whole match from either side. Goals came from well taken set pieces. Pitch was in great condition considering the rain

Any word when replays will be?

Would like.to thank the Stocko boys on a great game yesterday. Was really hard fought and I don't think anything really got out of hand. Won't make comment on the red card as being the goal keeper I was more the half the field length away. I agree with you Wilso there wasn't to many clear cut chances during the game but I still never could relax during the whole game.
    You Stocko boys knock the ball around well and had us moving all over the park. Which makes me even more prouder of they way my.lads held there structure to deny you clear chances. In the previous two years we would have crumbled. Good luck in ZL2 this year you should do well.