Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 24 - Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix 22/3/14 k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nah, **** all of that. We win our last 3 games. Heart win their last 4 games. Scum and Sydney BOTH miss out on finals football. That would be GLORIOUS.
    Find it amazing that we are only 4 points off second, but could still finish last.

We lost the possession count 48-52.
    GVE refuses to acknowledge this win.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Find it amazing that we are only 4 points off second, but could still finish last.
    Not as amazed as I was when i looked at the Ladder Friday and found out Victree were coming 2nd. Remember them getting arse raped 5-0 2 games on the trot and then got raped by Heart. Not exactly setting the world on fire are they and have somehow made it to 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    That scares me tbh. After this abysmal season we're still in with a chance or 4. Wow.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Not enough praise given to the big Kew tonight.
    Bloke was immense.
    Legend.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Bridges scores one ****ing goal and they whisk him down to Foxsports and put him on TV tonight for the EPL.

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not enough praise given to the big Kew tonight.
    Bloke was immense.
    Legend.
    He got Motm, and two gold pass tickets to the movies.

Banned
    kew w00t

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    He got Motm, and two gold pass tickets to the movies.
    I meant on the foz.
    But yeah, thought he was clear cut M.O.M.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Griff was debriefing Kew.
    We have been saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...1226862044151#

Newcastle Jets eye finals spot after thumping Wellington Phoenix 5-0 to go equal sixth

Headline:
    Newcastle Jets eye finals spot after thumping Wellington Phoenix 5-0 to go equal sixth

The woman at the start got it right though...
    "Newcasthe have jumped ahead of Sh!tney FC with a 5 nil thumping of Wellington tonight...."

Then headline contadicted with this text under vid:-
    ADAM Taggart scored twice as the Newcastle Jets moved into outright sixth place on the A-League ladder with a 5-0 romp over the Wellington Phoenix at Hunter Stadium on Saturday night.

Pr!cks wouldn't know if you were up 'em Grim....

I've been at my local soccer all day, won my game 15-1. I ref'd the womens game, they won 1-0. The reserve men won by forfeit and the premier team won 3-0. Wins all round.

I come home and watch the Jets play and bam, 5-0 win. Now that's a winning day.

Oh wait, the sun kicked my arse, my face hurts.

I thought we were pretty shit to be honest.

Not as amazed as I was when i looked at the Ladder Friday and found out Victree were coming 2nd. Remember them getting arse raped 5-0 2 games on the trot and then got raped by Heart. Not exactly setting the world on fire are they and have somehow made it to 2nd
    2nd with a -4 GD
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If Carlos & Signed were there, the result would have been much different. But in saying that, I was really not surprised about the result. There were heaps of doomsdayers after last week but as I said then, I saw heaps of positive Signs in the derby and even thought we dominated pretty much between their 2nd and 3rd goal.

Zane has us going good. Credit where it's due. Griff & Carney are fxxxing excellent - having people who are interested in keeping the ball and being level-headed with it has done us wonders. They both probably don't run as much as they used to but are both amazing for us. How good was Griff actually caring about the fans, and even forcing heskey to celebrate with the Squadron ffs!

Brillante is killing it. So is kew. And my man Josh Mitchell is playing for the shirt, and going unreal.

Still not the biggest gallaway fan but he does enough.

Bk was excellent - probably my favourite game by him. I didn't have a heart attack when The ball came near him Like I used to. Something I noticed though - I thought his best feature used to be his constant talking and ordering of the defence. But he was very quiet. I put it down to not starting for ages, and a confidence thing. I am one of Biraz biggest fans but I can't fault BK and therefore don't think he should be dropped until he stuffs his chance up.

Zenon and rubez bust their gut, they must do an easy 10km each game. Them engines!!

How are we scoring from corners and set pieces ffs

Credit where it's due - bridges scored a peach, and had a couple of good balls. But I still have a major headache about the bloke at times - how has he been a professional this long but not grasped the idea of not giving away ridiculous, unnevessary fouls in their half? Why does he actually refuse to even look at the ball, let alone contest one, if the ball Looks to be anywhere above chest height? And some of his balls were embarassingly poor. I won't credit him with an assist either btw. But tbh I thought it was a disc race that we were 3 up and didn't give young ox a solid run at 10, thought the sub was poor to start with

Good win. Wd zane, wd players for playing for the shirt. I still hate the idea of top 6 But I'm not against zane getting re-signed so would be happy for us the make the finals if it meant that would happen.

Typical jerks.
    OK

I usually leave straight after the final whistle but last night I wanted to savour the moment and acknowledge the players for our biggest win ever. As the team came around to the Eastern stand where I sit, they all politely clapped back and acknowledged the support....but kept there distance. I want to mention two players first who broke "protocol" and actually went over and mingled with the supporters; Ben Kennedy and Josh Mitchell...a big thumbs up! The other player is one who has returned to the club and his reasons for coming back have been questioned on social media. This player not only mingled with the supporters but was getting photos taken and signing stuff and really taking his time to genuinely show his appreciation. That player was #29.....Joel Griffiths!!!

Sweet 29
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Just occurred to me despite doing my dough yesterday on Nix winning I had Jets to win 5-0 last week.

Potential Genius at work just got the wires crossed as to when

hesky - had some spring in his step, got involved and had some great touches in def & att . must be feeling good about going home.

Banned
    Totally surreal feeling today with my football team winning a football game comprehensively through out enthusing and more clinical execution than the opponent.

Being a glass is half empty kind of guy it's a terrible feeling when you can really find **** all to whinge about after a match

Hope to feel some more of this in the future cause generally speaking the returns in recent years have been ****ing lacking and I can probably only recall 4-5 games where we bossed our opponent and were superior to them tellingly and didn't arse it.

Well done