Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rumour doing the rounds that a club from NEWFM is close to going bust.

Honestly don't know what club but was only told a club so does this mean a ZPL side will be promoted? If so who is the pick? I'd be guessing Cooks Hill will be close to being promoted or the Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

Honestly don't know what club but was only told a club so does this mean a ZPL side will be promoted? If so who is the pick? I'd be guessing Cooks Hill will be close to being promoted or the Bay.
    What club?
    I've heard all the valo players are going back to the coast but have not heard the club will fold.

Think youll find newfm will be 10 teams next season and cooks hill would be favourite to be 1st in. Not sure who the team is ''going bust '' though.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Think youll find newfm will be 10 teams next season and cooks hill would be favourite to be 1st in. Not sure who the team is ''going bust '' though.
    Do they have to meet any criteria and if so will that meen the best 2 don't go up?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Have heard Cooks Hill and Morriset to NewFM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Have heard Cooks Hill and Morriset to NewFM.
    Morriset why would you the ground is shit the area is shit there are far better clubs you could promote that would be an absolute joke if they finished bottom in league 1 then it's obvious someone getting a hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    Morriset why would you the ground is shit the area is shit there are far better clubs you could promote that would be an absolute joke if they finished bottom in league 1 then it's obvious someone getting a hand out.
    Don't they play out of Dora Creek now? Ground was beautiful last time i was there. Was just facilities lacking!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Within the talks at games recently have been some tlaks certainly about clubs positions not being as rosey as some might like.

Valentine spent a substantial amount (compared to some other clubs) trying to regain promotion and may not be able to commit to such an amount next season.
    Toronto are under some pressure due to possible reduction in the Workers Club sponsorship amount but are certainly not going bust.
    Singleton seem to have more money than good sense with the amounts being spoken off to try and entice players their this season and the coaches income.
    West Wallsend will not just break even but will pay its hoped several thousand off the debt they started the season with.
    Thornton are already actively approaching some Maitland players with sums to hopefully entice them to Thornton so do not appear to have financial issues.

Maitland are promoted and financial, Lake Mac (coming down) are already planning for 2015 and so can be ruled out. Cessnock I really know nothing about nor Belswans but at being at games involving both this season they didn't give any outward signs of being in financial trouble.

I dare say most would like to be in better finances than they are, what club wouldn't. But lets be honest, with the position West Wallsend found themselves in with only weeks to go before the season and they have turned around so dramatically in a season, I don't think we will see a club fold with so little sings that finances were so bad.