Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    agree
    go away
    i believe the EJets, NNSW F now have to explain to all the parents, and players- what a waste of time, and money it was, and unfortunately you were not better off, didnt develop, and thanks for providing a cushy job for us, over the years.
    These players, now should go to A grade, and bring back the parents to reality, that there shit does stink like everyone else.
    Why punish an obviously talented footballer. it's not their fault their elite program collapsed, all they were doing was playing football. These kids were probably ecstatic, they were playing for their local a league team. We should be praising these kids for aiming high (questionable, but in theory playing for an a league clubs junior team should be an honour) as there are many who can't be bothered or weren't selected (some right or wrongly). Sending them to an A-grade competition simply to "teach their parents a lesson" is absolutely ridiculous, and your intentions are hypocritical. Regardless of your views of the emerging jets program, punishing the emerging jets players by holding back their development just to teach their mum or dad a lesson is frankly appalling. Yes, there were questionable methods in selective teams, and a range of negatives surrounding the process and bang-for-buck value of the program, but all these kids want to do I play football and succeed. That's why they turn up to train 3-4 times a week and games all throughout their summer and onto season proper, they are committed to being the best they can be. You have a few players quitting the Jets youth program because
    they can't commit to the schedule.

Ethically and morally, yes, the clubs should be honouring their commitment to the players they have selected. Replacing them, would be wrong I agree. Unethically, the clubs are simply trying to get the best 14 or so players into their team/club.

What should happen? NNSW and Jets and other stakeholders, should commit to the 2015 season as they are well and truly underway. Anything else and these players are disadvantaged and they shouldn't be punished for believing in themselves and the promises of EJ.

hot of the press
    talk is EJets are gone this morning, and folded the program up?
    any news from anyone, confirming this.
    If true- plenty of counselling sessions will be booked today!!!!!!, with the die hard parents- damage control has started...
    Where did u hear this MT ? As useless as Jets & NNSW are, surely they should be coming up with some contingency plan or delay the decision, the writing's been on the wall for a long while. Draws are already out, teams are already filled.
    If your sauce is correct and they're scrambling, this will be the penultimate gibberers mess.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Could not agree more Go Away.

It would be very poor form for any NPL club to expect loyalty to them and frown upon any player who trials elsewhere, then ditch those who have stayed loyal, accepted a spot for 2015, only to then be ditched for an EJ player, who is probably not a lot better than the player being displaced.

DISGRACEFUL if that were to happen!
    Emerging Jets Program or NNSWF High Performance NNSWIS XYZ program or what ever it will be called will be around for a while to come yet, status quo will remain until at least 2016 when the next NPL licences are applied for and dished out (for NPL season 2017) and we either adhere to fully the FFA recommendations on clubs having SAP>>> First Grade (12,14,16,18,20, First), as done by all the other states or we continue on with our current model. But, Its within the NNSW strategic plan to have teams competing against the other member federations through the NTC so they will be representing for a while to come yet irrespective of how they form a representation for NNSWF or what they are called. Northern wouldn't be undertaking such a program without the financial contingencies in place or at least the methodology to break even... user pays is the first avenue for such contingencies, as explained in the article... the name will carry for a while as i don't think NNSWF are too concerned about the expensive task of rebranding or re-kitting. Players shouldn't be worried about losing their places to Jets players for season 2015...

On another note... with Northern raising their rego fees to factor in things like 'future facility upgrades and maintenance' it now allows clubs to do the same... 'whats good for the goose'... For those clubs who actually invest in maintenance of their grounds that is... but club's now know they cant charge more than $1350 per year for rego as occurred in 2014 when Ejects charged 850 and clubs charges 750.00 no complaints.

GVE was on KOFM this afternoon talking about the Ejets program... did anyone catch it?

gve said all gooood

GVE................big part of the problem, thanks to the con from the Jets that dumped GVE into role at EJ's, remember the one were the Jets wanted to sack him but couldn't afford to pay out his contract, so came up with this wonderful plan to place him in the role at EJ's, great deal for GVE and the Jets, now the Jets walk away.

NNSWF should take this opportunity to overhaul the whole program, including coaches

They have a guy in Craig Deans currently coaching U/14 EJ's that would be perfect for the top job, knows his football, in 2014 not 1900"s, he is an excellent communicator with the kids, earns their respect and in turn gives the kids respect back.

Coach Deans is the sort of person NNSWF should be looking to lead their program, he is the future of football development, not the past. The biggest worry is that NNSWF will continue to allow GVE to continue in the role with his 1900's mentality and we as a football community will lose talented people that have the ability to take the game forward

Paging the Member.

Deans the future of NNSWF, **** me.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    GVE................big part of the problem, thanks to the con from the Jets that dumped GVE into role at EJ's, remember the one were the Jets wanted to sack him but couldn't afford to pay out his contract, so came up with this wonderful plan to place him in the role at EJ's, great deal for GVE and the Jets, now the Jets walk away.

NNSWF should take this opportunity to overhaul the whole program, including coaches

They have a guy in Craig Deans currently coaching U/14 EJ's that would be perfect for the top job, knows his football, in 2014 not 1900"s, he is an excellent communicator with the kids, earns their respect and in turn gives the kids respect back.

Coach Deans is the sort of person NNSWF should be looking to lead their program, he is the future of football development, not the past. The biggest worry is that NNSWF will continue to allow GVE to continue in the role with his 1900's mentality and we as a football community will lose talented people that have the ability to take the game forward
    Surely your taking the piss mate. Craig Deans as the future of football development in NNSW? He is a nice bloke but geez....

Van egmond was appointed by the FFA in conjunction with NNSWF

jeez........Craig Deans 0-2 in a KO.........

I am simply commenting on my observations, dont even know the guy. Deans has been involved coaching my son over the last 6 mths and I my son rates him very highly, not only his knowledge but his ability to portray that across to the kids and as I said he treats the kids with respect as such he gets it back. Also very positive comments from recent attendee's at coaching course's that Deans assisted with and finally again very positive comments coming out of U/14 EJ's that he is coaching. So I stand by my comments, all I know is that recent years with NNSWF & EJ's have been a joke.

And yes ForeverRed I know the official line as well, but you need to open those eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GVE appointment was a means to an end

Banned

Seriously you are either Craig Deans blowing your own horn or dead set taking the piss with one of the worst trolls of all time

MFKS have you had anything to do with deans?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seriously you are either Craig Deans blowing your own horn or dead set taking the piss with one of the worst trolls of all time
    No neither........................

However MFKS, this is just another example of your 5000+ posts. None of which have ever, in my opinion contained anything other than smart arse comments that contribute very little.

Very easy to bag people.................much harder to contribute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No neither........................

However MFKS, this is just another example of your 5000+ posts. None of which have ever, in my opinion anything other than smart arse comments that contribute very little.

Very easy to bag people.................much harder to contribute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It isn't all tecnical/tactical ability that defines the coach. A lot of it has to do with the culture of the club, the quality of the players he has and the chemistry of the relationship he has with them."

Agree 100% with this comment, best coach cant turn pig poo into jam, eg Deans with 14 EJ's wont matter if he is good coach or not, kids are not up to being coached.

The relationship is a very important thing at NPL Youth level, coach must be able to get his thoughts across to teen age boys, in a manner that they can put into practice. CCB 14's this year, may not have been the best team all year, clearly Olyimpic were, but come semi final time the team knew their jobs and what was expected of them, the coach had been working towards this all year and every boy understood.

And club culture is important, I believe EJ coaches are up against it from the start, there is no culture at EJ's, only to be better than your team mate at all cost. How can a coach turn that into a team ?? A good strong club culture that emphasises team and team work is a great starting point for a coach to build the team culture on.

why blue- you should be mother theresa with your thoughts of the day,
    Please let go of Deans, EJets , CCB 14NPL , seriously, they are becomiong confused kids- wind blown up there asses, on how good they are, then get dropped, Whyblue soon enough we will see who will grace our televisions in the coming years, NEWS FLASH-no one from any program in Newcastle, NNSW or EJets.

Example: NTC challenge, again EJets shit house, if we accept mediocre then thats what we get
    as for culture, and environment, CCB strong club culture????? please Tully, and Tully only- no club culture there, just pay up now we need monies!
    Total overhaul is required, starting from the Top.
    We in NNSW, are now the laughing stock in the Australian Football world, we win nothing, do nothing, promote nothing, and continually have a bankrupt A League club.
    Ok MT........we both agree EJ's program or should it now just be the "Emerging" program is crap...............with a dog eat dog culture.

and if you notice I spoke of one team culture at CCB not the CCB club culture......................

and yes have seen NTC early results on NNSWF site..............but they stopped after tuesday so i assumed it was not good...........do you know latest results ??

CCB strong club culture????? please Tully, and Tully only- no club culture there, just pay up now we need monies!
    This +1000. Whilst Mr Tull is at the helm there can be no good culture. Good luck whyblue, hope yr U14s can stick together, but as they get older will be very hard.

Name 3 skills involved in football that you believe all Australian kids should know (or at least be aware of the need to work on) by the time they're 16, be it physical/mental etc
    I would go:
    1. Body positioning
    2. Movement off the ball
    3. Spacial awareness

good luck
    when you find them, let everyone know.
    whilst the curriculum exists, and promotes stripping natural ability, the football brain and technique- we will create zero players.
    Some of what you post Old Girl is Gospel but some is absolute shite. In this occasion Old Girl Hail Mary to you.

good luck
    when you find them, let everyone know.
    whilst the curriculum exists, and promotes stripping natural ability, the football brain and technique- we will create zero players.
    Yep absolute gospel MT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always argued that they supposedly pick the talented kids.....................and then spend the thier time at NNSWF - EJ's etc turning them into robots...........taking any natural ability out of the kid.................just repetitive coaching .......we all taught our kids how to talk !!!!!!!!!