Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh he was a perfectly servicable cricketer. you need to be really really good to play for your country.
    but this revisionist bullshit about his toughness always gets me.

dont worry though, for some reason Warner (who has been trash for ages, and inconsistent his whole career, and oh, a massive bellend and cheat) somehow escapes the criticism that has applied to Khawaja his whole test life. add to that the likes of Handscombe, the Fat lad from Queensland who played a couple tests, Marnus (aint touching that last name) and about 40 other middle order aspirants.

Aussie cricket needs a good marketing tool, and if you dont have a tag line attached to you like 'gritty' or 'swashbuckling' then you are disposable.

Steve Waugh had that luxury and good on him. but he couldnt tie the shoelaces of 80% of the blokes he played with back then.
    You are dead set talking complete and utter BS now Plague

Can't believe no one has called you out on it either

Steve Waugh was the epitome of what you want from a cricketer

If you needed a bloke to bat to save your life then you would pick this bloke.

The amount of times he got runs when his country needed them and when he eked out hundreds by batting with the tail defies belief

Yeah his bro had more natural talent no doubt. But Steve got the job done so much so his Average is massively superior to Mark

You forgetting his 200 in West Indies to finally dethrone them
    You forgetting his 2 centuries on a green top with Aus 1-0 down in the Ashes and in deep shit when he came to the crease
    You forgetting his 100 no in the 99 WC when he single handedly got us into the Semi and we won that in a tie to go through

Yep you talking complete and utter shit

His captaincy was pretty good too
    Much better than Smith and Ponting and AB

But behind Tubby and Clarke for me

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    if you ever found yourself in a situation where you needed someone to bat to save your life then you really need to question what the the **** you do with your life to find yourself in such a pickle.

oh, and the answer is Bradman.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

if you ever found yourself in a situation where you needed someone to bat to save your life then you really need to question what the the **** you do with your life to find yourself in such a pickle.

oh, and the answer is Bradman.
    really? i'd pick somebody who was at least alive to try and save my life.

You are dead set talking complete and utter BS now Plague

Can't believe no one has called you out on it either

Steve Waugh was the epitome of what you want from a cricketer

The amount of times he got runs when his country needed them and when he eked out hundreds by batting with the tail defies belief

Yeah his bro had more natural talent no doubt. But Steve got the job done so much so his Average is massively superior to Mark

You forgetting his 200 in West Indies to finally dethrone them
    You forgetting his 2 centuries on a green top with Aus 1-0 down in the Ashes and in deep shit when he came to the crease
    You forgetting his 100 no in the 99 WC when he single handedly got us into the Semi and we won that in a tie to go through

Yep you talking complete and utter shit

His captaincy was pretty good too
    Much better than Smith and Ponting and AB

But behind Tubby and Clarke for me

ok, good job getting backing up your argument via distorted memories watch TV and having the Ch 9 commentary team over react to everything that went in your precious developing ears.

now, for some cold hard truths about Steve Waugh.

He could bat, i never said otherwise. but hes not the indefatigable 'rock' you all were brainwashed into thinking he was.

Someone to bat for your life?
    He has more test ducks than Steve Harmison, Daniel Vittori, Jimmy Anderson and Allan Donald (bhahahahahahha Allan Donald was the ****ing worst).
    He has more ODI ducks than Glenn McGrath.
    Glenn McGrath was a running joke as a batsman, but lasted longer out there more often than Steve Waugh.

He has the same amount of ODI centuries as noted batting phenom Daryl 'dont hurt me Warnie' Cullinan.
    Paul Collingwood has more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    If hes batting for your life, sorry, but you've got the Plague, and its terminal.

As for some sort of rock under pressure?
    He continually cracked under pressure. He was involved in a whopping 77 run outs in ODI's, 50 of which he ran his partner out (a record). Yep, thats a guy you wanna trust to be out there with.
    Add to that another 27 at test level and it shows a bloke who routinely choked in the moment.

whoops sorry he hit that 4 in that test that day on the last ball. Thats right, sorry he must be an all time boss then.

Come at me with some facts, not your childhood romanticism.

Steve Waugh is a myth.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    ok, good job getting backing up your argument via distorted memories watch TV and having the Ch 9 commentary team over react to everything that went in your precious developing ears.

now, for some cold hard truths about Steve Waugh.

He could bat, i never said otherwise. but hes not the indefatigable 'rock' you all were brainwashed into thinking he was.

Someone to bat for your life?
    He has more test ducks than Steve Harmison, Daniel Vittori, Jimmy Anderson and Allan Donald (bhahahahahahha Allan Donald was the ****ing worst).
    He has more ODI ducks than Glenn McGrath.
    Glenn McGrath was a running joke as a batsman, but lasted longer out there more often than Steve Waugh.

He has the same amount of ODI centuries as noted batting phenom Daryl 'dont hurt me Warnie' Cullinan.
    Paul Collingwood has more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    If hes batting for your life, sorry, but you've got the Plague, and its terminal.

As for some sort of rock under pressure?
    He continually cracked under pressure. He was involved in a whopping 77 run outs in ODI's, 50 of which he ran his partner out (a record). Yep, thats a guy you wanna trust to be out there with.
    Add to that another 27 at test level and it shows a bloke who routinely choked in the moment.

whoops sorry he hit that 4 in that test that day on the last ball. Thats right, sorry he must be an all time boss then.

Come at me with some facts, not your childhood romanticism.

Steve Waugh is a myth.
    Gee ****ing whiz

You got some but hurt here

Firstly Waugh had more ducks than McGrath and Donald

Well FMD but I backing those guys barely batted much in ODIs

Ponting has more hundreds well wow what an insight that is. Ponting batted at 3 and played 400 ODIs and Tugger batted 5 6 7 8 etc

You are pulling BS statistics out to aid your argument

As for your Justin Langar love in

Who did he get involved for the Ashes and to help the Australian side ??

Think it was Steve Waugh

Case closed

Ponting has more hundreds well wow what an insight that is. Ponting batted at 3 and played 400 ODIs and Tugger batted 5 6 7 8 etc

As for your Justin Langar love in

Who did he get involved for the Ashes and to help the Australian side ??

Think it was Steve Waugh

Case closed
    you know who else could have batted 3 if he wasnt such a lame ass coward hiding down the order waiting to pick off cheap runs against 3rd change medium pacers?
    yep, Captain Steve Waugh. Funny if he was such an awesome bat hed have batted in the actual batting spots instead of taking up the much vaunted Mitch Marsh/Tony Dodemaid slot.

Also, it was amazing who Marnus Lauschange credited with him delivering the ball of the century to break Englands hearts........because it wasnt Steve Waugh, it was Shane Warne who went in and helped Marnus work on his bowling (despite not being on the payroll).

Of course Waugh was there cashing a cheque and getting a good seat in the stands but ive yet to hear any of the actual players comment on his genius.
    Seems like I am WRONG