Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Truth View Post
    Where did you hear about this with regards Kahibah?. It's completely incorrect.
    From a dad who took his kid to trial at Kahibah and got told they wouldn't be fielding teams because they couldn't get numbers.

Interesting - NNSWF have released an updated TPP model for how it will look 2021 and beyond:

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...Youth-Male.pdf

The emerging Jets 10's and 11's are gone and the Talent Support Program will run U10's - U16's.

Also interesting to see Mid North Coast included but not North Coast football. not sure whats going on or how that works logistically.

Also I am yet to see or hear about these Talent ID gala days?

12years current SAP program. the Newcastle teams (both getting run by NNSWF) are getting towelled. Is this due to dilution of talent due to other Newcastle Football initiatives such as NET? Or a poor indictment of NNSWF coaching.

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...ool=1&a=LADDER

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Interesting - NNSWF have released an updated TPP model for how it will look 2021 and beyond:

The emerging Jets 10's and 11's are gone and the Talent Support Program will run U10's - U16's.

Also interesting to see Mid North Coast included but not North Coast football. not sure whats going on or how that works logistically.

Will be interesting to see how it works, wonder how much talent and scouting is going to happen in the IDs U17-U12

Interesting to see that the NPL clubs (confirming that there will be an NPL 1&2 next year) have to have U12 now, wonder how NET will go not to mention the quality of ID A-Grade and below drop. Looks like more players taken out and being given false hope from U12

Banned
    12years current SAP program. the Newcastle teams (both getting run by NNSWF) are getting towelled. Is this due to dilution of talent due to other Newcastle Football initiatives such as NET? Or a poor indictment of NNSWF coaching.

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...ool=1&a=LADDER
    So Newcastle cant get 1 squad that is better than 3 Macquarie teams? Someone has dropped the ball massively.

Banned

Is the TPS meant to be other talented players who didnt make the Jets?

Banned
    Exactly, 2 friends of ours had/have kids at Cooks Hill.

One started in U9 SAP for Hamilton this season, the other will be trialling at Magic, Jaffas, Olympic, etc next season after this years U12 comp finishes. Not one person from cooks hill has chatted to this lad about playing U13's NL1 next year.

There isn't enough focus on developing and retaining kids prior to U13's for some clubs.
    This is disappointing. NPL1 jnrs are going great. Cookers would get some strong squads if they entered. Im thinking ground space or volunteers could be the problem?

Banned
    I've been at Speers point nearly every weekend and i wouldn't be able to tell you if a single northern rep has been wandering the grounds. If they do, they must do it incognito.
    Well they arent short of cash
    nnsw1.jpg

2.5mill in wages. There must be someone walking around.
    nnsw2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Will be interesting to see how it works, wonder how much talent and scouting is going to happen in the IDs U17-U12

Interesting to see that the NPL clubs (confirming that there will be an NPL 1&2 next year) have to have U12 now, wonder how NET will go not to mention the quality of ID A-Grade and below drop. Looks like more players taken out and being given false hope from U12
    NET is being phased out next season.

Also, NPL don't have to just have 12's they are starting their juniors at U9's now. All the NPL clubs currently have SAP teams in 9's and 10's. Next year will be 9's, 10's & 11's and then it will reach 9's - 12's in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Is the TPS meant to be other talented players who didnt make the Jets?
    Yes, from U13's onwards it is the best 15 or so players from the NPL Youth competition.
    In U10-U12's they'll probably just choose the best from the SAP program. I wonder if they'll run a larger group because most of these boys will probably end up in the Jets system.

In U10-U12's they'll probably just choose the best from the SAP program. I wonder if they'll run a larger group because most of these boys will probably end up in the Jets system.
    the TPS program they ran over summer was a bit on the fly from what i heard (3 dads who had their kids there - 2 got in). They were told the clubs were asked to bring the very best of their players down to trial for the team. They expected 2-4 kids per club, but some clubs turned up with 8 kids and more.
    From there the squad was picked but they only chose attacking kids. all of them were the same sort of player. there were no defenders etc. the goalie that made it was consensus standout in the age group though. it ended up being made up of the majority of kids from the same 2 teams. which was kind of fine, but as for individual talent some of the selections were interesting.

the kid that missed out (who i think is a better player than the 2 that got picked) was told not to worry too much as it was just a summer program and that because they werent actually picking a 'team', by the time they do then pure defenders, midfielders etc would be given more of a look in.

so i dont think anyone needs to make an assumption out of whats been done so far (at that age group) but these kids were told that this is the next step to the Jets, so they need to make sure its setup soon to get the very best kids in there. id rather see the NNSW guys identifying talent through the SAP season and getting kids ready rather than relying on a one off trial here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the TPS program they ran over summer was a bit on the fly from what i heard (3 dads who had their kids there - 2 got in). They were told the clubs were asked to bring the very best of their players down to trial for the team. They expected 2-4 kids per club, but some clubs turned up with 8 kids and more.
    From there the squad was picked but they only chose attacking kids. all of them were the same sort of player. there were no defenders etc. the goalie that made it was consensus standout in the age group though. it ended up being made up of the majority of kids from the same 2 teams. which was kind of fine, but as for individual talent some of the selections were interesting.

the kid that missed out (who i think is a better player than the 2 that got picked) was told not to worry too much as it was just a summer program and that because they werent actually picking a 'team', by the time they do then pure defenders, midfielders etc would be given more of a look in.

so i dont think anyone needs to make an assumption out of whats been done so far (at that age group) but these kids were told that this is the next step to the Jets, so they need to make sure its setup soon to get the very best kids in there. id rather see the NNSW guys identifying talent through the SAP season and getting kids ready rather than relying on a one off trial here and there.
    Aren't they also running a TSP through winter? I thought it was extra training on top of what they do with SAP and NPL?

I confirmed last night with a mum whos boy is in the U14's TSP. They run an extra night of training each monday during the regular season on top of what they do with their respective clubs.

Banned
    I confirmed last night with a mum whos boy is in the U14's TSP. They run an extra night of training each monday during the regular season on top of what they do with their respective clubs.
    How did he or the others get chosen? nnsw scouts or coaches suggesting trialists?

I expect they choose the rep teams from these lads?

Still no sign of season pt2 draw although on the original it does have 2 weeks off at the long weekend and on the 25th August.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 17-05-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Banned
    NET is being phased out next season.

Also, NPL don't have to just have 12's they are starting their juniors at U9's now. All the NPL clubs currently have SAP teams in 9's and 10's. Next year will be 9's, 10's & 11's and then it will reach 9's - 12's in 2021.
    Not sure if NET is finished next year. They have U10s running along side U10 SAP and still has 11s and 12s on a dedicated ground.

Richard H reckons a lot his lads would walk into top SAP teams. Biased for sure but see what happens.

Not sure if NET is finished next year. They have U10s running along side U10 SAP and still has 11s and 12s on a dedicated ground.

Richard H reckons a lot his lads would walk into top SAP teams. Biased for sure but see what happens.
    I may be wrong - what I was told was that the entire idea of the NET program was based on RH's concerns that the metro SAP program wasn't producing enough quality players to filter through to the NPL clubs. The change in SAP from the metro program to the premier club program is basically what RH wanted in the first place.
    As RH is now the TD of two of the club SAP programs will he have enough time for both? Who knows?

How did he or the others get chosen? nnsw scouts or coaches suggesting trialists?

I expect they choose the rep teams from these lads?

Still no sign of season pt2 draw although on the original it does have 2 weeks off at the long weekend and on the 25th August.
    NNSW players watching the games and inviting boys to trial is what I was told.

I received an email from the club this morning with the SAP draw update (or lack of update)

This week is round 11 and the last week of draw part 1.
    The details provided states that the second part of the draw will be released on the 7th of June.
    This means due to the lateness in providing part 2 they will miss games being scheduled on the 1st and 2nd of June.

That would have been bloody handy to know a while ago so parents could have planned for a weekend away or something.

Really poor organisation from NNSWF.

This means due to the lateness in providing part 2 they will miss games being scheduled on the 1st and 2nd of June.

That would have been bloody handy to know a while ago so parents could have planned for a weekend away or something.

Really poor organisation from NNSWF.
    At the start of the season our club was told that the weekend of 1/2 June and the following long weekend were mandated weeks off to give the kids a rest.
    They had a similar break last year.
    To be honest though the kids were less than impressed with the break as they were really enjoying their football and wanted to keep playing..

This one may be either on your club for not knowing, of NNSW for lack of communication with your club.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

At the start of the season our club was told that the weekend of 1/2 June and the following long weekend were mandated weeks off to give the kids a rest.
    They had a similar break last year.
    To be honest though the kids were less than impressed with the break as they were really enjoying their football and wanted to keep playing..

This one may be either on your club for not knowing, of NNSW for lack of communication with your club.
    Yeah draw always had no games on weekends of 1/2 June and 8/9 June. Part 2 of draw to be released by 7th June was noted as well on draw. Unsure why such a break in middle of season. Could easily have done draw to end of 1/2 June and then break for long weekend.