Jaffas-jets 1-1
Valo-Hamilton 0-4
Buds-Weston 2-1
Maitland-edgy 0-3
Charlestown-magic 1-3

Very close!

ForeverRed
29-05-2016, 06:50 PM
4.2 magic, never in doubt, Azzurri way to slow in midfield with Johnson, hughes and McGuire no match for broadmeadow, finlayson stretchered off with knee injury,

hamburgler
29-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Heard another red card for Maitland, anyone know who?

winner
29-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Heard another red card for Maitland, anyone know who?

Heard it was Heffernan again

Imyourhero
29-05-2016, 08:50 PM
How has nobody brought up that Bradbury missed a pen

BP Super Dynamos
29-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Looked a very tame effort too

ForeverRed
29-05-2016, 09:14 PM
It was 2 nil when I walked in, missed the pen

mervan
29-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Heard it was Heffernan again

Couple of goal keeper howlers as well

magician
30-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Abit of a reality check for Charlestown. Doesn't get any easier next week against an inform Hamilton.

GO AWAY
30-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Abit of a reality check for Charlestown. Doesn't get any easier next week against an inform Hamilton.

Need to find some pace in the midfield, both Edgy ( Hammell and Moore ) and Magic ( Bradbury and Virgili ) showed them up, there is some less experienced but pacy young ones, Wilesmith was there, not sure where he has gone.
Great win by our 22s, been a while since a Charlestown 22s side have give magic a 1-0 lead and come back to beat them. Alex Kantarovski was having a good battle with the azzuri midfield

cobra23
30-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Need to find some pace in the midfield, both Edgy ( Hammell and Moore ) and Magic ( Bradbury and Virgili ) showed them up, there is some less experienced but pacy young ones, Wilesmith was there, not sure where he has gone.
Great win by our 22s, been a while since a Charlestown 22s side have give magic a 1-0 lead and come back to beat them. Alex Kantarovski was having a good battle with the azzuri midfield

Why would you want more pace in the midfield??
isnt it the defenders job to defend forwards.

GO AWAY
30-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Why would you want more pace in the midfield??
isnt it the defenders job to defend forwards.

Its the time the midfield have been getting to set up the forwards...... just too quick at the moment IMO

RAM
30-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Couple of goal keeper howlers as well

Trott :rof:

onlooker
30-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Speaking of missed pens, how is Blake Thompson still taking them for Maitland has missed 2 of his last 3 and they all have been fairly tame efforts. Surely there are better options.

Boss
30-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Speaking of missed pens, how is Blake Thompson still taking them for Maitland has missed 2 of his last 3 and they all have been fairly tame efforts. Surely there are better options.

Slotted his previous 10

Beppe
31-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Didn't read much in regards to Lambton vs Jets. What happened there, ive seen the jets play a couple of times and they are average, would have thought lambton would put the sword through them with the players they have?

cobra23
31-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Didn't read much in regards to Lambton vs Jets. What happened there, ive seen the jets play a couple of times and they are average, would have thought lambton would put the sword through them with the players they have?

hearing off a few people i have heard that the jets lasts few games they have been a completely different team. in a better way.

ForeverRed
31-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Why would you say this when they lost 5 nil the week before

The Acolyte
31-05-2016, 05:31 PM
An interesting sighting at the Valo. game on Satty, a decorated former Newcastle player renewing his friendship with a former coach. Seems the place he's at now think he is a defender and a mate of mine reckons he should be getting sick of chasing the mistakes of his pop gun attackers. Maybe it's just smoke, but the info's good.

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2016, 08:19 AM
OFF LIMITS: Cahill Oval

VALENTINE’S Northern NSW NPL game against Jets Youth on Saturday has been moved from Cahill Oval to Blacksmiths Oval due to the state of the pitch.

Northern representatives inspected Cahill Oval, which Valentine share with Lakes United rugby league club, this week and deemed it unfit for NPL games.

It is unclear if NPL fixtures will return to Cahill this season, but Northern is helping Valentine find a partner club whose ground they can share.

The venue shift is due to the long-term condition of the ground and not related to rain this week.

Blacksmiths Oval is home to First Division club Belmont-Swansea, who play away to Thornton on Sunday.

Absolute joke.

pv4
03-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Why has it taken NNSW so, so many years to finally say Cahill is unfit for football? It's been that bad since they first moved there. After rain, that cricket pitch part is like an ice-skating rink and I'm amazed people aren't seriously injured there on a weekly basis.

If Promotion/Relegation in NPL is decided on venues and stuff again like it was back in 08, I'll be hugely surprised if Valentine aren't the first to get knocked out.

RAM
03-06-2016, 10:37 AM
IMO promotion and relegation should only be decided on the pitch via results, not infrastructure. Otherwise you simply maintain a status quo for the most part.

pv4
03-06-2016, 11:04 AM
IMO promotion and relegation should only be decided on the pitch via results, not infrastructure. Otherwise you simply maintain a status quo for the most part.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I also genuinely believe that clubs should have a minimum requirement for standard of pitch in the NPL, which IMO Cahill has never met during Valentine's time there in the last 8 years.

hawk
03-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Why has it taken NNSW so, so many years to finally say Cahill is unfit for football? It's been that bad since they first moved there. After rain, that cricket pitch part is like an ice-skating rink and I'm amazed people aren't seriously injured there on a weekly basis.

The criteria was supposed to prevent stuff like this. nnsw dropped the ball on that. spose at least they read the foz and did something about it.

winner
03-06-2016, 11:53 AM
The criteria was supposed to prevent stuff like this. nnsw dropped the ball on that. spose at least they read the foz and did something about it.

Heard that Edgeworth and Hamilton both put in complaints about the pitch being dangerous

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM

There should be basic things like a good quality pitch that is not dangerous to players at the very least. But i agree results should be the most important thing. Worth thinking about the overall reasoning of the changes, to lift the overall standard of our facilities and enable a better game to be played. This is about aiming higher. Teams that don't meet the criteria that win promotion should be able to submit a plan that they will implement to meet the requirements.

Zico
03-06-2016, 12:19 PM
I can't for the life of me understand how it's taken the fed so long to act on this with Valo?
It's good to see they finally realized they have a duty of care to all the players.
Maybe the shit stir I was having on here a few years back about a Belswans and Valo Merger could be on the cards? Haven't heard anything but just putting it out there as Valo don't give a shit who they go to bed with or take over. Could the Gypsy's of local football have yet another name? Belphoenix? Valentine Swans? Sanchothephoenix doesn't have a good ring to it though :rof:

ForeverRed
03-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Northern have dropped the ball here, one specific part of the NPL criteria is to have your own ground and not shared during football months, it's obvious Cahill oval didn't meet that criteria so why did northern allow them entry whilst having venue as a home ground ?

Ker-Plunk
03-06-2016, 01:41 PM
only ground that would be suitable and not in use would be the football super centre . hate to pay the hire fees for that . nnsw may do it for free . pffft silly me

sancho_theswan
03-06-2016, 05:52 PM
I can't for the life of me understand how it's taken the fed so long to act on this with Valo?
It's good to see they finally realized they have a duty of care to all the players.
Maybe the shit stir I was having on here a few years back about a Belswans and Valo Merger could be on the cards? Haven't heard anything but just putting it out there as Valo don't give a shit who they go to bed with or take over. Could the Gypsy's of local football have yet another name? Belphoenix? Valentine Swans? Sanchothephoenix doesn't have a good ring to it though :rof:

Here we go again....... I might just go outside on Sunday and drown!!!

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Actually don't think bel swans would be at all keen for any merger with valentine. They can probably fight for promotion on their own and build a NPL case.

Thomas477
03-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Blacksmiths is a good facility, no doubting that, just add in a grandstand along the western side to provide some protection from the sun, and I wouldn't be against them being NPL worthy, they're proving it on the field this year they're close.

JCBT
04-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Blacksmiths is a good facility, no doubting that, just add in a grandstand along the western side to provide some protection from the sun, and I wouldn't be against them being NPL worthy, they're proving it on the field this year they're close.
Sorry but I disagree, they lack warm up areas, the pitch is always dry but very rarely decent and the away shed is so small you can't swing a cat.
Yeah they have had good to average results in the past few seasons but nothing to prove they are fair dinkum about being promoted and in all honesty, that to me puts them in the same class as Cessnock and Thornton who are a great club for socializing but not a serious club who are looking at being a force in what may well be a semi professional league in the near future.

BP Super Dynamos
04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Weston have announced 3 new signings. Rurik Pereira, Jayden Nakhoul and Michael Ledwidge. I hòpe they're a major improvement on some of the guys running around for them so far this season

Goweston
05-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Well at least one of them knows where the back of the net is.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBAOiUECCY

ForeverRed
05-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Well at least one of them knows where the back of the net is.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBAOiUECCY
Nice bicycle kick albeit in a school boys competition, I'm afraid it's all a little to late to save his season

MFKS
05-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Sorry but I disagree, they lack warm up areas, the pitch is always dry but very rarely decent and the away shed is so small you can't swing a cat.
Yeah they have had good to average results in the past few seasons but nothing to prove they are fair dinkum about being promoted and in all honesty, that to me puts them in the same class as Cessnock and Thornton who are a great club for socializing but not a serious club who are looking at being a force in what may well be a semi professional league in the near future.
Let's not forget the complete lack of juniors at the club.

As for Valo.

It is high time they got off their arse and got their own field up to scratch.

They have a large junior base.

Get themselves their own ground and get up to standard.
They have had enough time.

If they can't be arsed doing it.

Promote Southy Wallsend Westy Lakes etc

Someone who can fulfill the ****ing basics

GO AWAY
07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Hamilton v Azzuri catch up

U19 and U22 14-06-16
First Grade 29-06-16

Blueboy
07-06-2016, 06:17 PM

U19 and U22 14-06-16
First Grade 29-06-16
Apparently Olympic wanted the game played on Wednesday night.
Azzurri didn't want anything to do with it. Heard the main reason was the azzuri keeper has a sore back, picking the ball out the back of the net the last 2 weeks. He needs a rest apparently

GO AWAY
08-06-2016, 01:13 AM
Apparently Olympic wanted the game played on Wednesday night.
Azzurri didn't want anything to do with it. Heard the main reason was the azzuri keeper has a sore back, picking the ball out the back of the net the last 2 weeks. He needs a rest apparently

Different keeper both weeks, but so I don't wreck a good story, carry on Carl Barron

JCBT
08-06-2016, 10:20 AM

U19 and U22 14-06-16
First Grade 29-06-16

I know this isn't the only 19's & 22's games being played on Tuesday night and the question needs to be asked of why are clubs playing 2 games in 3 days when the opportunity was there to play on the Thursday or Friday night with no games being on the Saturday or Sunday? Surely it's in the best interest of these players to have a 5 or 6 day break instead of the current situation?

I understand it's NNSWF who state games need to be played on the Tuesday for 19's and 22's but some common sense is needed when no games are on the following weekend.

GO AWAY
08-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Can someone tell me, why are Jets Youth playing against Shandong Under 19 at Magic ( NNSW ) Park and not the Regional Football facility ???? Let me guess magic have the volunteers, and the money through the canteen if any will go to a good cause ? please ? I thought the regional football facility was Jets home base, and Magic still get these games, they should move their base to Broadmeadow and close LMRFF down ??

The Magician
08-06-2016, 02:35 PM
can someone tell me, why are jets youth playing against shandong under 19 at magic ( nnsw ) park and not the regional football facility ???? Let me guess magic have the volunteers, and the money through the canteen if any will go to a good cause ? Please ? I thought the regional football facility was jets home base, and magic still get these games, they should move their base to broadmeadow and close lmrff down ??

build it... And they will come!

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Lmrff was poorly built.
The grandstands are a joke and poorly positioned with very little foresight.
I hope they turn macquarie academy ground into a hybrid pitch, that'd be really great. They tried to fit as many pitches into the area and didn't really think about spectators or their own NPL standard.

hamburgler
08-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Lmrff was poorly built.
The grandstands are a joke and poorly positioned with very little foresight.
I hope they turn macquarie academy ground into a hybrid pitch, that'd be really great. They tried to fit as many pitches into the area and didn't really think about spectators or their own NPL standard.

Could not agree more. Absolutely zero thought put into spectator comfort. To watch a game on the field furthest away from the sheds, you have to sit on a hill at the end of the ground, use the poorly positioned grandstand which looks straight into the sun, or battle the weeds on the slope of a hill to watch from the western side, and then you have to go toward either end so your view is not obscured by the dugouts.

Waste of friggin money!

Stanley
09-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Can someone tell me, why are Jets Youth playing against Shandong Under 19 at Magic ( NNSW ) Park and not the Regional Football facility ???? Let me guess magic have the volunteers, and the money through the canteen if any will go to a good cause ? please ? I thought the regional football facility was Jets home base, and Magic still get these games, they should move their base to Broadmeadow and close LMRFF down ??

I think you will find the Jets Youth have no affiliation with NNSW Football hence the Jets administration’s decision to play it at one of the better venues, and one that can accommodate night fixture to FFA standards. My personal opinion, I would rather watch a game at Magic Park than at the LMRFF

ForeverRed
09-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Northern run the jets youth

white city
09-06-2016, 05:36 PM

Northern NSW and Broadmeadow Magic are also in each others pockets thats why all these games are always played at Wanderers.

Thomas477
09-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Northern run the emerging jets, the jets youth is under the jets banner.

The Magician
09-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Northern NSW and Broadmeadow Magic are also in each others pockets thats why all these games are always played at Wanderers.

Why does everyone want to fight with NNSWF? Can't we just all get along!!!

plague
09-06-2016, 11:57 PM

GVE done 9/11

(h/t q-money)

q-money
10-06-2016, 12:43 AM
GVE done 9/11

(h/t q-money)

stay woke my G

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/8J8YEZZYNYcDQxbWrlBaoAsP4No=/0x307:3000x1995/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47166600/GettyImages-456336882.0.jpg

GO AWAY
11-06-2016, 06:14 PM
U19
Azzurri 8-0
U22
Valo 3-2
1st
Valo 3-2

winner
11-06-2016, 07:36 PM
U19
Azzurri 8-0
U22
Valo 3-2
1st
Valo 3-2
Lolz at this . 3 straight losses after Craig Kerry compared their early season form to Leicester City. Beaten by a side who have only won 1 game all year. From top 4 Contenders to Pretenders in 3 short weeks ?

BP Super Dynamos
11-06-2016, 09:07 PM
I heard Jets were 3-0 midway through the 2nd half against Weston.

evolution
12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Edgy up 1-0 over Jaffas at half time, deservedly so as well.

Speedymetric
12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Edgy up 1-0 over Jaffas at half time, deservedly so as well.

Unlucky not to be 2 or 3 up!

Old Boy
12-06-2016, 05:04 PM
With the new structure next season, will the bottom club this season in NPL definitely be relegated? If so Weston must be worried. Would be the first time in how many years they would not be part of the top tier comp?

Bremsstrahlung
12-06-2016, 05:18 PM
No relegation or promotion based purely on results.
All to do with criteria.

evolution
12-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Full time Edgy 5-0 winners. Jaffas completely outclassed all over the pitch.

namwob99
12-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Full time Edgy 5-0 winners. Jaffas completely outclassed all over the pitch.
Man they were horrible.

ForeverRed
12-06-2016, 05:44 PM
No relegation or promotion based purely on results.
All to do with criteria.
They should be relegated, the rules are a joke, nnswf have had 3 years to sort this crap out and still have nothing in place for next season, laughable

bighead
12-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Adamstown 3-3 Magic
Open game but could have gone either way. Magics goals were softer. Great entertainment though.

12-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Northern could not get there shite together in 103 years.

Blueboy
12-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Olympic 1-1 with Maitland.
2 points dropped by Olympic who dominated the game.
Could have been up 4-0 at half time and had as many in the second.
Lapse in concentration gifted Maitland and equaliser in the last 5 minutes.

pv4
12-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Who was Edgys number 3 CB (not Pat Wheeler)?

Speedymetric
12-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Who was Edgys number 3 CB (not Pat Wheeler)?

Was it Dom Bizzari?

Bremsstrahlung
13-06-2016, 10:31 AM
They should be relegated, the rules are a joke, nnswf have had 3 years to sort this crap out and still have nothing in place for next season, laughable

They should release the criteria needed to all clubs, once granted licenses last 3 years and must be renewed or applied for again (to ensure ongoing development). They should be applied for and granted yearly.
Then clubs know where they stand with the license system.
Then, figure out how many teams they want in their NPL 1. Then once they have their number, stick to it. Constantly moving the goalposts is causing more harm than good, clubs never know where they stand.
Then, how many other clubs have an NPL license? Is there enough for an NPL 2, of same number of teams as NPL1? If not keep it as first division, with the provision that only clubs with NPL licenses can be promoted. So pretty much as it is now.

The whole promotion/relegation should continue on through all of these processes, given the promoted team holds an NPL license.

NNSWF is keeping everyone in the dark about next season, when really it shouldn't have been made that hard. Anyway. I don't know what we expect.
Their aim in all of this is great and trying to raise the quality of football and facilities in the region. But they could definitely do some work on their implementation.

winner
13-06-2016, 01:11 PM
The injury to Swann sure helped the cause.

As soon as he went off Bertos dropped back and the Olympic back 4 had the Magic attack covered after that.

He definitely got it right by crowding the midfield.

**** though did Magic play into their hands.

As for Kale. Not his best game. The amount of long balls that got pumped by Magic at him and Virgili were excessive. Kale ain't winning shit in the air so why diract 30-40 yard passes in his direction when he is marked by a bigger opponent.

Magics defence for mine was an improvement on last season.
The goals they gave away today were pretty sloppy though.
For the most part they dealt with Olympic attack well but got exposed far too easily on a few occasions and got punished for it

What are your thoughts on Magics defence after yesterday's game MFKS

MFKS
13-06-2016, 04:09 PM
What are your thoughts on Magics defence after yesterday's game MFKS

Wouldn't know I was out of the country for the last 2 weeks

What I miss??

hamburgler
14-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Olympic 1-1 with Maitland.
2 points dropped by Olympic who dominated the game.
Could have been up 4-0 at half time and had as many in the second.
Lapse in concentration gifted Maitland and equaliser in the last 5 minutes.

I haven't kept up with 19s and 22s this year, but having a look at the table shows Maitland 19s and 22s both winless this year. What's going on there?

pv4
14-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Was it Dom Bizzari?

Judging from the heralds' photos and captions, yes. Cheers.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2016, 11:38 AM
I haven't kept up with 19s and 22s this year, but having a look at the table shows Maitland 19s and 22s both winless this year. What's going on there?

Virtually the same last year

cobra23
14-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Adamstown 3-3 Magic
Open game but could have gone either way. Magics goals were softer. Great entertainment though.

Agree here our goals were softer , Adamstown to me wanted the game more.
it was good to see Berlin knock a couple past the old club though. he should be still at magic ha ha

awake up call we needed, every team steps up to play magic.

i think faj goes overseas this week so hopfully we can get kale and chill to keep knocking them in and who knows , top 2could still be on the cards.

MFKS
14-06-2016, 07:29 PM
So let me get this right.

There is no football on in the NPL or the New FM this weekend at all as the FfA Cup is on at the joke that is Speers Point.
Yet clubs are playing washed out matches midweek instead???
FMD

front2
14-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Unavailability of referees I heard mfks. they have it locked in as weekend off some time ago. Nights in the Caribbean, river cruises on the Rhine etc.

late_to_the_game
14-06-2016, 09:11 PM
The Womens Premier League are playing :brrr:
Merewether vs Adamstown at Adamstown on Sunday 2:15 at Adamstown. 1 v 2

GO AWAY
14-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Olympic 19s 3-1
22s 2-2
Olympic must be after the 22s comp, minors, koina, brown all played .... Or have they been playing 22s anyway ?

magician
15-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Olympic 19s 3-1
22s 2-2
Olympic must be after the 22s comp, minors, koina, brown all played .... Or have they been playing 22s anyway ?
Koina was playing 22s before he went away. Was his 1st game back in 6 weeks. Minors has played 22s all year and brown has been on the bench for 1st grade every week.
Hopefully that clears everything up for you.

GO AWAY
15-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Koina was playing 22s before he went away. Was his 1st game back in 6 weeks. Minors has played 22s all year and brown has been on the bench for 1st grade every week.
Hopefully that clears everything up for you.

Oh ok cheers, thought Azzurri could have brought a few guys back that have been fringy first grade, only one played but who's been in 22s all year as well, so was a good hitout, good fight back from Azzurri, after a beautiful oggy by us and two penalties awarded to Hamilton which they converted one, good save by keeper for the other, so no goals from open play by Olympic, good effort, not sure of blokes name who missed the pen, but at least we know it wasn't Kale or Haynesy :)

Retro Jet
15-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Skwarkk skwarkk!
Pieces o' eight, pieces o' eight!
Grand Final venues announced.
NPL at Magic Park
Start up the rants
Pieces o' eight.....SKWAAAARRRRK!

MFKS
15-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Out at Westie tonight

Jets up 1-0 after 20 seconds

Valo cough up ball and Bymora got a shot in.

Keeper parried and he buried the rebound

3 mins in and Jets on fire Valo asleep with the Jets nearly having 3 by now

MFKS
15-06-2016, 07:45 PM
9 mins in

2-0 Jets

Believe it was De Gaioy

Hard to tell the lights here are ****ed

Backpass to the keeper saw him under severe pressure

Clearance hit the Jets players torso and richochet into the net

He knew **** all and was winded but they all count

MFKS
15-06-2016, 08:05 PM
29 mins

3-0 Jets

Waller with an unmarked volley from a cross into an empty net from point blank range

Valo had just had a goal ruled out for off side in a rare foray

Jets much sharper pressing well and good interplay on the flanks

Valo literally chasing shadows in the dark here

MFKS
15-06-2016, 08:09 PM
32 mins

4-0

Valo keeper with an oggy

I swinging corner was dropped by the keeper defender cleared off the line straight into the keeper

Richochet ended up in the net.

Comical really

MFKS
15-06-2016, 08:22 PM
HT 4-0 Jets

The Gypsies have been pretty woeful really

MFKS
15-06-2016, 08:37 PM
48 mins

4-1

Valo with a penalty

Jets defender dwelled on the ball in the box and got caught in possession then in haste to make amends clumsily knocked Valo player over

Pretty dumb play really

MFKS
15-06-2016, 08:42 PM
54 mins

4-2

Valo with a shot through a crowded box into the net after keeper poorly punched at a high ball

magician
15-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Magic 1 maitland 0

MFKS
15-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Still 4-2 here in the final 10 mins

Plenty of fouls and poor finishing from both sides in a scrappy second half

MFKS
15-06-2016, 09:14 PM
4-3

Valo with another penalty after a crazy tackle in the box by a Jets player

5 to go back plus injury time

MFKS
15-06-2016, 09:19 PM
FT

Jets Yoof 4
Valo 3

magician
15-06-2016, 09:25 PM
2-0 magic

Beast
15-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Heard the jets were trialling 2 new kids from Queensland tonite. Any comment MFKS

MFKS
15-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Heard the jets were trialling 2 new kids from Queensland tonite. Any comment MFKS

Hard to say.

The lighting at Westie was that shit it was hard to work out who was who most of the game

The Magician
15-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Magic 3 Maitland 0... Hooley scored a long range rocket for his first involvement of the game.

What was particularly funny; Magic's vocal crowd chanting "Great game Nick Harmon" when Ryan Clarke was subbed off...

MFKS
16-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Magic 3 Maitland 0... Hooley scored a long range rocket for his first involvement of the game.

What was particularly funny; Magic's vocal crowd chanting "Great game Nick Harmon" when Ryan Clarke was subbed off...

Gold 5 5 5

Ker-Plunk
16-06-2016, 08:22 PM
just watched trotts highlight reel on the news . genius recruitment by magpies . Kelly must be giggling , well he would if his team wasn't bottom of the table .

cobra23
17-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Especially when Kelly is having a stellar season. Imagine where the Magpies would be sitting if they still had him in goal. Wonder if Piggo's spewing?

stellar season ???... please tell me you just posted this after your 10th beer :pissup:

cobra23
17-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Skwarkk skwarkk!
Pieces o' eight, pieces o' eight!
Grand Final venues announced.
NPL at Magic Park
Start up the rants
Pieces o' eight.....SKWAAAARRRRK!

no rants needed.
common sense by northern for a change.

LongSufferingFan
17-06-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Magic Park for GF's - it is the best venue to handle big crowds from a spectators point of view.

Weston is also a good viewing ground for the WPL (although a long way to travel!)

But please, Edgeworth for the NewFM GF???
Ground is sh1t.
Parking is sh1t.
Canteen is sh1t.
Viewing is sh1t (unless of course your in the NNSWF VIP box).

ForeverRed
17-06-2016, 04:38 PM
So all the clubs that are applying for NPL next season from newfm don't have a ground good enough to host a grand final, laughable, just another stitch up by nnswf to keep Millsy happy

winner
17-06-2016, 08:51 PM
So all the clubs that are applying for NPL next season from newfm don't have a ground good enough to host a grand final, laughable, just another stitch up by nnswf to keep Millsy happy

Weren't they supposed to host the newfm grand final last year and pulled the pin on hosting it days before and Lakes ended up hosting it. Yet they award it to Millsy again. Unbelievable

ForeverRed
17-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Weren't they supposed to host the newfm grand final last year and pulled the pin on hosting it days before and Lakes ended up hosting it. Yet they award it to Millsy again. Unbelievable

Correct

MFKS
17-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Thought it was moved to Weston after some rain if I remember right???

ForeverRed
18-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Correct

LongSufferingFan
18-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Last year Edgeworth field was not up to scratch so NNSW Football pulled the NewFM GF the week before.
They then gave it to Lakes to play at Macquarie Field until they realised the GF clashed with road closures at Speers Point for some running festival.
Then it was moved to Weston.

ForeverRed
18-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Why isn't it being played at a newfm ground ?

front2
18-06-2016, 11:59 AM

because money is sucked out of NewFm not into it.

GO AWAY
19-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Lyall peacock > jack McLaughlin ...get off your arses NNSW and go look at toronto, good facilities, training out back, griund fine, car parking etc etc and they a newfm team NOT in the semis .... What a joke

MFKS
19-06-2016, 03:27 PM
I would be quite content if they were all played at Magic Park
NPL Zone New FM the lot

Being the Jets NYL W League pre season fixtures are already there. Edgy used it for the FFA Cup
Maximising the use of this facility could see government handouts flow to be able to turn it into something better than it already is

Rather that than spreading games across the region where the hosts are just using the windfall to balance the books with their player payments.

Local Rules
20-06-2016, 12:42 PM
I would be quite content if they were all played at Magic Park
NPL Zone New FM the lot

Being the Jets NYL W League pre season fixtures are already there. Edgy used it for the FFA Cup
Maximising the use of this facility could see government handouts flow to be able to turn it into something better than it already is

Rather that than spreading games across the region where the hosts are just using the windfall to balance the books with their player payments.

If Northern had planned their white elephant better they could have played all Grand Finals at the one venue but instead they built two fields with no viewing and no room for expansion.

The reason NNSWFF allocate the games to the NPL clubs is they are supposed to be the best facilities in the region and are allocated this way. That is why Magic is for the premier grade, Edgeworth for NewFM and Weston for WPL as that is their ranking of competitions.

hamburgler
20-06-2016, 12:53 PM
If Northern had planned their white elephant better they could have played all Grand Finals at the one venue but instead they built two fields with no viewing and no room for expansion.

The reason NNSWFF allocate the games to the NPL clubs is they are supposed to be the best facilities in the region and are allocated this way. That is why Magic is for the premier grade, Edgeworth for NewFM and Weston for WPL as that is their ranking of competitions.

Ceetainly not a decision made on the quality of the playing surface, as Weston's is shite at the moment!

Local Rules
20-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Ceetainly not a decision made on the quality of the playing surface, as Weston's is shite at the moment!

Notice in my post it said "supposed" to be

pv4
20-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Amen

Premy
20-06-2016, 01:43 PM
If Northern had planned their white elephant better they could have played all Grand Finals at the one venue but instead they built two fields with no viewing and no room for expansion
What makes you think the White Elephant is finished and what gives you the impression that it has no room for expansion?

moonzhong
20-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi I am here to share the free football betting tips to all of you.

Slovakia vs England Betting Tips
Picks: Slovakia to win or Draw
Handicap Picks: Slovakia +0.75
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Slovakia-VS-England-Betting-Odds-Prediction-6-21-2016-UEFA-European-Championship-137885.html

Russia vs Wales Betting Tips
Picks: Draw or Wales to win
Handicap Picks: Wales +0
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Russia-VS-Wales-Betting-Odds-Prediction-6-21-2016-UEFA-European-Championship-137887.html

Zweigen Kanazawa FC vs Fagiano Okayama Betting Tips
1x2 Picks: Fagiano Okayama
Handicap Picks: Fagiano Okayama -0.5
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Zweigen-Kanazawa-FC-VS-Fagiano-Okayama-Betting-Odds-Prediction-6-20-2016-J-League-Division-2-137889.html

Landskrona BoIS vs KSF Prespa Birlik Betting Tips
Pick: Landskrona BoIS wins / Prespa Birlik +0.5
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Landskrona-BoIS-VS-KSF-Prespa-Birlik-Betting-Odds-Prediction-6-21-2016-Sweden-Division-1-137896.html

Local Rules
20-06-2016, 02:48 PM
What makes you think the White Elephant is finished and what gives you the impression that it has no room for expansion?

Unless they are going to take over Lake Macquarie's ground they cannot move that way. There is a carpark near a grass field and unless they are going to buy Speers Point Park where are they going to get the land. The site is restrictive and should have had a bit of forethought to obtain Lake Macquarie's home ground and develop it into the stadium it should be.

The only way they can expand is to go up and that is the same as what they have done. Pie in the Sky planning.

De-Champ
20-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Unless they are going to take over Lake Macquarie's ground they cannot move that way. There is a carpark near a grass field and unless they are going to buy Speers Point Park where are they going to get the land. The site is restrictive and should have had a bit of forethought to obtain Lake Macquarie's home ground and develop it into the stadium it should be.

The only way they can expand is to go up and that is the same as what they have done. Pie in the Sky planning.

or they can get rid of a few of the playing fields and have a main one a a couple of other instead of the large number they have now. Or they could develop the first field as you drive in.

The Magician
20-06-2016, 04:56 PM
or they can get rid of a few of the playing fields and have a main one a a couple of other instead of the large number they have now. Or they could develop the first field as you drive in.

Why would NNSWF develop their own boutique stadium? It wouldnt compute in their business plan. Most likely expansion at LMRFF would be some type of executive plus dorm style accommodation with some type of retail or commercial space. Could turn it into a true international standard academy, throw in a basement lap pool, gym, recovery centre. NNSWF would be smarter to diversify their income streams so that the facilty and thus football can be be more financially viable in the long run and not be totally reliant on football patronage. Its no secret that if the Emerging Jets decided to hire a council ground or Newcastle Uni, NNSWF business plan would be rooted. No club uses the synthetics (full field ones) to play even their catch up games so why would NNSWF spend member money on a facility that would host 3 major games a year? Lakes would need to find a new field because they would not be able to afford northerns rates. And no club would support Nnswf subsidising any team regardless of historic usage to use the field.

I would support a NNSWF executive centre. 50+ twinshare rooms 50-70 bucks a night per person per night... not bad coinage, do the math. Football is a business, the more you can diversify to minimise risk the better. Nothing would make me happier than a CHS rugby league carnival being hosted around the Lake and they have booked every room out, money in the true football's pockets!

Premy
20-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Precisely. I have it on good authority that this is the goal they are working to. It's just a matter of all parties involved agreeing to a deal that suits everyone.
It's not so much as taking over, more like all parties working together to the benefit of all involved.

Premy
20-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Why would NNSWF develop their own boutique stadium? It wouldnt compute in their business plan. Most likely expansion at LMRFF would be some type of executive plus dorm style accommodation with some type of retail or commercial space. Could turn it into a true international standard academy, throw in a basement lap pool, gym, recovery centre. NNSWF would be smarter to diversify their income streams so that the facilty and thus football can be be more financially viable in the long run and not be totally reliant on football patronage. Its no secret that if the Emerging Jets decided to hire a council ground or Newcastle Uni, NNSWF business plan would be rooted. No club uses the synthetics (full field ones) to play even their catch up games so why would NNSWF spend member money on a facility that would host 3 major games a year? Lakes would need to find a new field because they would not be able to afford northerns rates. And no club would support Nnswf subsidising any team regardless of historic usage to use the field.

I would support a NNSWF executive centre. 50+ twinshare rooms 50-70 bucks a night per person per night... not bad coinage, do the math. Football is a business, the more you can diversify to minimise risk the better. Nothing would make me happier than a CHS rugby league carnival being hosted around the Lake and they have booked every room out, money in the true football's pockets!
Why would no Club support Lakes for playing out of a boutique venue funded by public money?
Every Club supports every other Club for playing out of a public funded venue.
What is the difference?

The Magician
20-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Why would no Club support Lakes for playing out of a boutique venue funded by public money?
Every Club supports every other Club for playing out of a public funded venue.
What is the difference?

The point i was trying to say was... If NNSWF controlled the facility and their rate for hiring the facility for lets say Magic, Toronto and Garden Suburbs was $850 for the day ... i don't think NNSWF setting a price of $450 for Lakes to use the facility, would be supported by other competition clubs.

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Are we talking about Lake Macquarie City FC or Macqaurie academy field?
I think they could do a deal with the academy and not put too many people offside.

Their biggest error when designing this was to not have a "showpiece" field.
Does anybody know what they use the bigger fields for? Do the emerging jets train there?

The Magician
21-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Are we talking about Lake Macquarie City FC or Macqaurie academy field?
I think they could do a deal with the academy and not put too many people offside.

Their biggest error when designing this was to not have a "showpiece" field.
Does anybody know what they use the bigger fields for? Do the emerging jets train there?

I think the Emerging Jets train on the full sized synthetic fields during the week and Macquarie use the grass field... Lake Macquarie use the fields across the road, tredennick is their names i think?

Premy
21-06-2016, 06:04 AM
The point i was trying to say was... If NNSWF controlled the facility and their rate for hiring the facility for lets say Magic, Toronto and Garden Suburbs was $850 for the day ... i don't think NNSWF setting a price of $450 for Lakes to use the facility, would be supported by other competition clubs.
I definitely understand that side of it.
However if Maquarie Feild was to be turnrd in to a Boutique Venue I couldn't see many Clubs having a problem with LMFC being shared tenants of a Council owned facility along with NNSWF.

MFKS
21-06-2016, 08:25 AM
However if Maquarie Feild was to be turnrd in to a Boutique Venue I couldn't see many Clubs having a problem with LMFC being shared tenants of a Council owned facility along with NNSWF.

There would be no more jealousy of Lakes than Edgy and Magic cop now for favourable draw and scheduling of GFs to line their pockets

Plus this whole thing just shows what a shitful idea Speers Point was

Could have got a couple of hectares of land say at Wallsend Westy way near the F3 and built the thing there with room to expand in time

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2016, 09:40 AM
They just need to figure out what they want to do with the whole thing.
Keep the small fields for Football 5s and market the shit out of it. Get those fields heavily used, schools during the day, comps at night.

Then they need to figure out what to do with their other fields.
Does anybody actually Hire these fields of a weekend? Perhaps they need to revise their fees. You're better getting 2 games at $200 than 1 game at $300. Make it somewhat viable for clubs to take their clubs there. If at least a few games on rainy weather.

Wilso8948
21-06-2016, 10:19 AM
They just need to figure out what they want to do with the whole thing.
Keep the small fields for Football 5s and market the shit out of it. Get those fields heavily used, schools during the day, comps at night.

Then they need to figure out what to do with their other fields.
Does anybody actually Hire these fields of a weekend? Perhaps they need to revise their fees. You're better getting 2 games at $200 than 1 game at $300. Make it somewhat viable for clubs to take their clubs there. If at least a few games on rainy weather.

I have no idea of hiring fees etc but drive past the fields on the way home everyday. Without fail there are hundreds of kids arvo/night and all weekend. Even public holidays the grounds were getting a flogging. The football 5s get a working over too.

late_to_the_game
21-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Have tried to book the main fields before for trial games, only usually available after 8pm. Weekends and Weekdays. There are occasional quiet days on the weekend, but not many.

The Magician
21-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Stuff sharing! If I was NNSWF and I was funding the project i wouldnt want council or Lakes telling me when or what i can do with the facility that i have spent a fortune on. NNSWF would and should only invest in Macquarie Field if they are deemed and accepted through application to become lease holders over the venue and have the total authority to make decisions regarding its management.

Premy
21-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Stuff sharing! If I was NNSWF and I was funding the project i wouldnt want council or Lakes telling me when or what i can do with the facility that i have spent a fortune on. NNSWF would and should only invest in Macquarie Field if they are deemed and accepted through application to become lease holders over the venue and have the total authority to make decisions regarding its management.

You do understand where the money came from to build the current facility right?
Northern only part funded the project.
People like you and me paid for it through our taxes.
From memory State Government provided $7.5 million, NNSWF provided $4 million and LMCC provided the land.
If Maquarie Feild was to be turned into a boutique venue it wouldn't be funded by NNSWF only. It would need all 3 levels of government, LMFC and NNSWF to work with each other.

The Magician
21-06-2016, 10:02 PM
You do understand where the money came from to build the current facility right?
Northern only part funded the project.
People like you and me paid for it through our taxes.
From memory State Government provided $7.5 million, NNSWF provided $4 million and LMCC provided the land.
If Maquarie Feild was to be turned into a boutique venue it wouldn't be funded by NNSWF only. It would need all 3 levels of government, LMFC and NNSWF to work with each other.

Yes you are right, State Government gave 7 mil for the project but to NNSWF spend how they see fit to get the project done. Govt grant is a donation to Northern like any other Grant. As for the land LMCC would be stupid to not allow an entity to persue state and federal funding to develop one of its assests. I think ull find however Nnswf would pay some nice landrates and council rates on the facility because they would be leaseholders and totally responsible for its management.

Next time u head over to the LMRFF only pay 35% of the cost of the drink coz your taxes paid for the remainder see how well that goes down hahahahaha.

Premy
21-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Yes you are right, State Government gave 7 mil for the project but to NNSWF spend how they see fit to get the project done. Govt grant is a donation to Northern like any other Grant. As for the land LMCC would be stupid to not allow an entity to persue state and federal funding to develop one of its assests. I think ull find however Nnswf would pay some nice landrates and council rates on the facility because they would be leaseholders and totally responsible for its management.

Next time u head over to the LMRFF only pay 35% of the cost of the drink coz your taxes paid for the remainder see how well that goes down hahahahaha. :roflz: If that's the case then the drink should be free, cause my player registration over the years has help funded the Northern component.
Only problem then will be finding a good viewing point to enjoy my beverage.

The Magician
22-06-2016, 12:22 AM
Magic vs Magpies
1st- 3-0 Magic (played last week)
U22- 2-1 Magic
U19- 2-1 Magic

GO AWAY
22-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone go to watch azzurrri v kahibah last Thursday night ?
Heard Cameron Hughes at azzurrri too

winner
22-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Anyone go to watch azzurrri v kahibah last Thursday night ?
Heard Cameron Hughes at azzurrri too

I heard Kahibah won this game , can anyone confirm ?

GO AWAY
22-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Azzurrri 3-0

magician
23-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Jaffas 1 magic 1
Jets 2 Charlestown 2
Adamstown 0 Olympic 3
Weston 1 edgy 4
Maitland 2 valo 2

Ker-Plunk
24-06-2016, 03:22 PM
maybe magpies 19s and 22s get to sing victory ditty this weekend , if they remember the words .

Tonester
25-06-2016, 06:46 PM
What were the results today?

ForeverRed
25-06-2016, 07:33 PM
4.2 Broadmeadow over lambton

The Magician
25-06-2016, 09:52 PM
4.2 Broadmeadow over lambton

Magic all 3 grades.

MFKS
26-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Jets 2-0 in 22s
Jets 5-0 in 19s

Currently 1-0 in First Grade to Jets over Azzurri

MFKS
26-06-2016, 04:09 PM
2-0 Jets after 30 mins

Waller with the first
Joice with the second

hawk
26-06-2016, 04:40 PM
2-2 yet?

MFKS
26-06-2016, 05:02 PM
No 3-0 now

Looks like the Jets YOOF just iced this with 15 to go

Bymora with the goal

Azzurri have been pretty disappointing really and have been well controlled by the Jets defending

MFKS
26-06-2016, 05:11 PM
4-0

Horsley with the finish

ForeverRed
26-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Agree, Azzurri way to slow, jets are good at getting the basics right which is petty much all you need to do in this comp, some nice finishes though, now 4 nil

MFKS
26-06-2016, 05:19 PM
FT 4-0 Jets Yoof

Tonester
26-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Olympic and Rosebud 1-1 Paul Bitz had a great game.

onlooker
26-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Maitland V Valo
19's 2-4
22's 0-2
First 0-1

ForeverRed
26-06-2016, 07:00 PM
What is it with Maitland, all grades losing at home today, their 22s and 19s yet to post a win and their NPL youth are doing nothing special in all age groups, with what I believe to be an area big enough to be a strong hold in the NPL there seems to be something amiss, maybe development has been neglected whilst fighting for promotion which is understandable a little but to have no wins in 22s and 19s is far from acceptable, is this a case of "buying trophies" not paying off, I'm not sure but something doesn't seem right

winner
26-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Olympic and Rosebud 1-1 Paul Bitz had a great game.

Bitz was well supported by the bus he had parked in front of him all game. He will be rewarded by being sat on the bench again next week for Carter

Atown
26-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Bitz was well supported by the bus he had parked in front of him all game. He will be rewarded by being sat on the bench again next week for Carter

That's almost funny . What game did you watch .

It was Danny Ireland that had two first class top saves second half to stop Atown winning the game.

Would love to know the stats for the game as no way Hamilton had more of the game than Atown .

Beauty of bar TV is all can go and watch for themselves I guess .

hamburgler
26-06-2016, 08:32 PM
What is it with Maitland, all grades losing at home today, their 22s and 19s yet to post a win and their NPL youth are doing nothing special in all age groups, with what I believe to be an area big enough to be a strong hold in the NPL there seems to be something amiss, maybe development has been neglected whilst fighting for promotion which is understandable a little but to have no wins in 22s and 19s is far from acceptable, is this a case of "buying trophies" not paying off, I'm not sure but something doesn't seem right

Totally agree FR! Don't know what is going on there but when you consider firsts have 1 win from their last 6, and that was against Weston, not great recent form. But 19s and 22s and youth certainly not getting results.

winner
26-06-2016, 08:38 PM
That's almost funny . What game did you watch .

It was Danny Ireland that had two first class top saves second half to stop Atown winning the game.

Would love to know the stats for the game as no way Hamilton had more of the game than Atown .

Beauty of bar TV is all can go and watch for themselves I guess .

A great suggestion. Maybe you should take your own advice and go and watch a replay. I suppose we can all be one eyed supporters when it comes to the team we support. I will watch the replay myself and get back to

mervan
26-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Totally agree FR! Don't know what is going on there but when you consider firsts have 1 win from their last 6, and that was against Weston, not great recent form. But 19s and 22s and youth certainly not getting results.

Knock yourselves out, there is no incentive for clubs to develop players. We can see what has happened to clubs who try to develop, they are all in new fm.

winner
26-06-2016, 08:39 PM

Isn't your favourite coach of all time in charge up there ForeverRed

ForeverRed
26-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Yep, in his first year there

ForeverRed
26-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Knock yourselves out, there is no incentive for clubs to develop players. We can see what has happened to clubs who try to develop, they are all in new fm.
This is why the points system needs to change

mervan
26-06-2016, 08:49 PM
This is why the points system needs to change

Agree

mervan
26-06-2016, 08:55 PM
NPL clubs spend $100k on players to win a comp worth 500 bucks, how much do put back into improving grounds, not even 10 percent of this.

They are not community clubs anymore, therefore stop all government grants, they should be directed to the junior clubs who are the real community clubs.

Seriously there are clubs paying has beens to play new fm, what's going on.

Play feet
26-06-2016, 08:57 PM
NPL clubs spend $100k on players to win a comp worth 500 bucks, how much do put back into improving grounds, not even 10 percent of this.

They are not community clubs anymore, therefore stop all government grants, they should be directed to the junior clubs who are the real community clubs.

Seriously there are clubs paying has beens to play new fm, what's going on.

Spot on.

Atown
26-06-2016, 08:59 PM
A great suggestion. Maybe you should take your own advice and go and watch a replay. I suppose we can all be one eyed supporters when it comes to the team we support. I will watch the replay myself and get back to

I don't need to take my own advice .

I was not the one that came on here trying to claim that Adamstown attempted to park the bus . Neither was I the one that posted with intensions of diluting a good Hamilton performance

Could Hamilton have came away with all the points , yes for sure.

That said , so very easy could have Adamstown and to suggest either of these teams parked the bus is simply disrespectful to what was for the most a highly entertaining game .

MFKS
26-06-2016, 09:10 PM

There is plenty of incentive in developing players. It just a shame so many clubs don't
You have Magic and Olympic doing it but you have a glass ceiling there as it is near on improbable that a kid will break into the first team at the club

Then you have others like Jaffas and Maitland buying up in first grade and doing nothing with their kids

Then you have the rest who aint strong in any grade across the NPL

Then you have the EJ who are a ****ing disgrace when the only grade they are winning at the moment is the 19s. They are not even in contention really for winning any other grade which is a disgrace when you consider they are training more and have allegedly better players coaches and resources

hamburgler
26-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Completely agree, however most clubs put together competitive teams by attracting young players to their club. Many different reasons why but in the youth grades decent players spread over most clubs,with a few clubs seeming to miss out on better quality kids. Maitland don't seem to keep the better kids, I believe there are quite a few youth players from Maitland playing for different Newcastle based NPL clubs, so why can't Maitland hang onto them?

hamburgler
26-06-2016, 09:21 PM
There is plenty of incentive in developing players. It just a shame so many clubs don't
You have Magic and Olympic doing it but you have a glass ceiling there as it is near on improbable that a kid will break into the first team at the club

Then you have others like Jaffas and Maitland buying up in first grade and doing nothing with their kids

Then you have the rest who aint strong in any grade across the NPL

Then you have the EJ who are a ****ing disgrace when the only grade they are winning at the moment is the 19s. They are not even in contention really for winning any other grade which is a disgrace when you consider they are training more and have allegedly better players coaches and resources

You are kidding! Surely.
Magic development program is all about securing as many ex Jets kids as they can! Have a look how many ex jets kids have played 19s this year for them. I suspect at least 8, could be more

Beast
26-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I'd suggest it may have something to do with the coaches and their relationship to some players.

mervan
26-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I'd suggest it may have something to do with the coaches and their relationship to some players.

Beast I think that is very true, even at the top level.

Speedymetric
26-06-2016, 09:44 PM
I don't need to take my own advice .

I was not the one that came on here trying to claim that Adamstown attempted to park the bus . Neither was I the one that posted with intensions of diluting a good Hamilton performance

Could Hamilton have came away with all the points , yes for sure.

That said , so very easy could have Adamstown and to suggest either of these teams parked the bus is simply disrespectful to what was for the most a highly entertaining game .

I support neither of these teams but live up the road so dropped in for a look. I'm far from an expert but in my opinion the match could easily have gone either way. I thought Olympic looked good early but the longer the game went on the Buds worked their way into it. Olympic controlled the middle of the park better but in my opinion Adamstown had the better chances in the second half & two great saves by Ireland that kept it level. Both teams tried to play a bit of footy & it was quite entertaining & could easily have gone either way.

Why Blue
26-06-2016, 10:18 PM
You are kidding! Surely.
Magic development program is all about securing as many ex Jets kids as they can! Have a look how many ex jets kids have played 19s this year for them. I suspect at least 8, could be more

Correct, got another one who has now left jets twice and gone back to magic twice.......make up your mind!!!!

Magic youth policy....get all ex EJ and Jets youth has been in play for a few years now, but has served them pretty well
Olympic and Buds seem to have good development paths

But the really switched on clubs are the ones planning for 2017,when all points will count to relegation and when the age groups change

CCB have an eye to this but Edgy are the ones, current 19's about 90% can play 18's next year and today's starting 22's all can play 20's next year, forward thinking from the coaching group has them in strong position

Lofty
27-06-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Magic have quite a few players that have come through their youth grades over the years in the current first grade team.. Piddington, Higgins, Hoole, Foteff, Barber, Kale. They also have young Levis and Tyson slowly coming in to the picture too. Not sure off the top of my head if there are anymore.
And for ex Jets kids wanting to play at Magic.. I don't feel that's very surprising. If I was a young kid, it would be a club that would be right up there as my preference to play at.

Tonester
27-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Regardless of what defensive pattern Adamstown played the keeper still has to make the saves when required,with that in mind he had a really good game.

cobra23
27-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I support neither of these teams but live up the road so dropped in for a look. I'm far from an expert but in my opinion the match could easily have gone either way. I thought Olympic looked good early but the longer the game went on the Buds worked their way into it. Olympic controlled the middle of the park better but in my opinion Adamstown had the better chances in the second half & two great saves by Ireland that kept it level. Both teams tried to play a bit of footy & it was quite entertaining & could easily have gone either way.

Agree, i watched this game aswell and was also impressed with the standard of the game. by no means olympic should think adamstown parked the bus as from what i saw they looked like they attacked well. typical winner the one eyed monster with his sore loser talk even though they got a point out of it.
all in all a draw was the best result..

monz6
27-06-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Magic have quite a few players that have come through their youth grades over the years in the current first grade team.. Piddington, Higgins, Hoole, Foteff, Barber, Kale. They also have young Levis and Tyson slowly coming in to the picture too. Not sure off the top of my head if there are anymore.
And for ex Jets kids wanting to play at Magic.. I don't feel that's very surprising. If I was a young kid, it would be a club that would be right up there as my preference to play at.

Using common knowledge, common sense and the truth, as you have done here when talking about magic is like bringing a stick to a gun fight. These people will still bag out magic regardless of reality because the club is successful. There are ex jets youth and emerging everywhere. I'm not even a magic fan but it's so tiring to read the constant whining about them

Tonester
27-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Agree, i watched this game aswell and was also impressed with the standard of the game. by no means olympic should think adamstown parked the bus as from what i saw they looked like they attacked well. typical winner the one eyed monster with his sore loser talk even though they got a point out of it.
all in all a draw was the best result..

After reading today's paper and Bolchy's comments maybe Olympic need to play Bertos further forward to help as far as putting away chances is concerned. Having Jacob Bailey on the bench with Leo back as defensive midfield seemed a bit bizarre to me. That said I think they will put the cleaners through Azzuri on Wednesday.

GO AWAY
27-06-2016, 04:36 PM
After reading today's paper and Bolchy's comments maybe Olympic need to play Bertos further forward to help as far as putting away chances is concerned. Having Jacob Bailey on the bench with Leo back as defensive midfield seemed a bit bizarre to me. That said I think they will put the cleaners through Azzuri on Wednesday.

Why is that exactly ? Anything can happen in football, don't think Azzurri will win, but there needs to be some young injection in amongst the older legs, especially in the MF and up front. Will be no smith again Wednesday night, will good for all the boys to catch up, its like a reunion, Goodchild, Bird, Hodges, Swan, Swan, Minors and there is probably more ...

Tonester
27-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Why is that exactly ? Anything can happen in football, don't think Azzurri will win, but there needs to be some young injection in amongst the older legs, especially in the MF and up front. Will be no smith again Wednesday night, will good for all the boys to catch up, its like a reunion, Goodchild, Bird, Hodges, Swan, Swan, Minors and there is probably more ...

If you look at it clinically you have an unbeaten team with the best attack &best defense playing at home against a side that has lost its last 4 or 5 games. Without Smith must make you believe that the result is more than likely an Olympic win.

Speedymetric
28-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Is there any catch up games this week?

MFKS
28-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Yeah 3 i think

Olympic Edgy and Weston hosting i think???

winner
28-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Is there any catch up games this week?
Edgy v Buds
Weston v Jaffas
Azzurri old boys v Charlestown

28-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Olympic V Charlestown tomorrow night @ Darling st 7 pm

Speedymetric
28-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Edgy v Buds
Weston v Jaffas

Thank you. All tomorrow night?

winner
28-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Thank you. All tomorrow night?
Yes

GO AWAY
29-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Edgy v Buds
Weston v Jaffas

Azzurri old boys v Charlestown old boys

cobra23
29-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Azzurri old boys v Charlestown old boys

missed the point here :facepalm:

ForeverRed
29-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Hamilton 6 Azzurri 0, edgeworth 2 buds 0, lambton 3 Weston 1

Tonester
29-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Olympic won 6 nil,could've been more.

Football lover
29-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Olympic won 6 nil,could've been more.

Wheels are falling off azzuri And quick.

Shaping up as another Eagles and Olympic race I think. Could have been more then 2 at edgy but some good keeping kept rosebuds in it.

Tonester
29-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Shaping up as another Eagles and Olympic race I think. Could have been more then 2 at edgy but some good keeping kept rosebuds in it.

Who was in goal for Buds?

prawnhead
29-06-2016, 10:34 PM

Re Azzurri - it was only a matter of time. Lucky they got those points early on.

Will be more of the same over next couple of years.

I'd like to hear Go Away's take.

magician
29-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Who was in goal for Buds?
Paul blitz

Why Blue
29-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Re Azzurri - it was only a matter of time. Lucky they got those points early on.

Will be more of the same over next couple of years.

I'd like to hear Go Away's take.

Agree

Admired Go Aways dedication to the cause but the last 5 weeks have shown CCB for what they are

It's good to see some young ones getting a go but the worry is that the young ones need some quality around them, to teach them, if the quality is not around them how do they learn ??

I suppose they could watch a video of tonight's game and copy Olympic

Your thoughts GA ??

football_macigian23
29-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Completely off topic guys.. But does anyone know where you can purchase plain coloured drink bottles in Newcastle?! Just thought some of you may have bought for your teams thats all

GO AWAY
30-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Agree

Admired Go Aways dedication to the cause but the last 5 weeks have shown CCB for what they are

It's good to see some young ones getting a go but the worry is that the young ones need some quality around them, to teach them, if the quality is not around them how do they learn ??

I suppose they could watch a video of tonight's game and copy Olympic

Your thoughts GA ??

Unfortunately I agree mate, I thought the young ones were great tonight, the defense at the moment is paper thin, probably lucky there was some young ones putting pressure on olympic playing out from the back or it could have been a whole lot uglier .... Mf non existant in first half, tightened up abit in second half even after the red card

Why Blue
30-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately I agree mate, I thought the young ones were great tonight, the defense at the moment is paper thin, probably lucky there was some young ones putting pressure on olympic playing out from the back or it could have been a whole lot uglier .... Mf non existant in first half, tightened up abit in second half even after the red card

Yes a couple of pretty handy young kids playing last nite, Purcell & Pippen have great futures
Also a lot of talent in 17 & 19's but they need time to develop
Not sure the club has the time or the ability to do the right thing by these kids

early_to_the_match
30-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Adamstown looking to promote young talent. They had a 15 year old come of the bench last night for a 10 minute debut against Edgeworth. He did well in the midfield.

GO AWAY
30-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Yes a couple of pretty handy young kids playing last nite, Purcell & Pippen have great futures
Also a lot of talent in 17 & 19's but they need time to develop
Not sure the club has the time or the ability to do the right thing by these kids

Both still in school id say, Prycey does promote young talent and they went well, Purcell for 80 minutes on and Pippen done well again when he got some game time, this day and age you need them, young, quick, technical and aggressive, both these boys have that, they'll get more time id say with Maguire struggling with groin and now Johnson suspended.
Not sure what has happened to the defense there, Mcsorley had them well drilled at start of season, but at the moment its very thin there, Jets goals on weekend were embarrassing, with " I think " all four near tap ins or unmarked on the backstick ?

Doggydingo
30-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Adamstown looking to promote young talent. They had a 15 year old come of the bench last night for a 10 minute debut against Edgeworth. He did well in the midfield.

Well done Adamstown and to the young boy who played, I'm sure it was a great achievement.

GO AWAY
30-06-2016, 11:41 AM

Great to hear, like the Azzurri game, them kids were probably watching Bertos on foxtel play for poonix or NZ not long ago, now THEY were marking him in Newcastle, would be surreal, well done to the young fella at Adamstown.

ForeverRed
30-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Doesn't sound like there was much marking going on considering the scoreline, I've watched Azzurri play last couple of games and the younger players did nothing for me, their problem is to many slow legs in the middle of the park

winner
30-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Doesn't sound like there was much marking going on considering the scoreline, I've watched Azzurri play last couple of games and the younger players did nothing for me, their problem is to many slow legs in the middle of the park

Not many slow legs in the middle of the park last night with Spud and Hughesy both not playing

ForeverRed
30-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Well what is ot then, young blokes, slow legs or may msybe just not good enough

winner
30-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Well what is ot then, young blokes, slow legs or may msybe just not good enough

Not sure,plenty of excuses being rolled out but

big jim
30-06-2016, 03:21 PM

Good on the kid, he must go alright

But is this just a token jesture from a club trying to keep him
Quick look at the table shows Adamstown bottom in all three grades

So stay with us johnny and look you can play first grade
Get to a strong club and push yourself

Wild Brew
30-06-2016, 03:54 PM
A bit of a negative attitude. Most clubs will push their young rising stars. Some never give them a chance. Looking to the future can bear fruit and is a better long term alternative to plucking the fruit from someone else's tree.

LongSufferingFan
30-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Speaking of young stars I've been give the tip today that Sean Matthews has signed with Adamstown for the rest of the season.

Now that's promoting youth...(insert tongue in cheek emoticon here)

monz6
30-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Does anyone really 'promote youth' or do they just play young players when they don't have their preferred starting 11

Atown
30-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Good on the kid, he must go alright

But is this just a token jesture from a club trying to keep him
Quick look at the table shows Adamstown bottom in all three grades

So stay with us johnny and look you can play first grade
Get to a strong club and push yourself

What do you define as a strong club exactly ? A club that pays outrageous wages perhaps .
Atown are putting tremendous effort into the youth structure at the club and a look at the youth tables will show signs of this .

The NPL table is sadly at present with perhaps the exception of Edgeworth a ladder of who has the biggest wallet but hopefully this can change in years to come or at very least balance out a little .

Your post is nonsense .

ForeverRed
30-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Please, your dilusitional if you think this of edgeworth, nothing against edgeworth but your very far from being correct

winner
30-06-2016, 08:11 PM
What do you define as a strong club exactly ? A club that pays outrageous wages perhaps .
Atown are putting tremendous effort into the youth structure at the club and a look at the youth tables will show signs of this .

The NPL table is sadly at present with perhaps the exception of Edgeworth a ladder of who has the biggest wallet but hopefully this can change in years to come or at very least balance out a little .

Your post is nonsense .

This post is nonsense. Do you really think Edgeworth aren't paying good money for Mcbreen, Evans , Moriyasu, Hammel etc. And good on them if they have the money to do it. If the ladder represents the biggest wallet,why do the jaffas sit on 11 points ?

Why Blue
30-06-2016, 08:37 PM

Agh good on ya dad
And why not, great achievement

But like CCB young ones need experience and quality to help develop them

Buds seem to be lacking in one or maybe both departments

Why Blue
30-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Any talk of $$$ is nonsense
All clubs pay money, some more than others and some spend it better than others

Biggest waste is NewFm were clubs pay $$$ for under 19&22 not quite good enoughs

Wild Brew
30-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Can't anyone spell "delusional" on this thread?

early_to_the_match
30-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Agh good on ya dad
And why not, great achievement

But like CCB young ones need experience and quality to help develop them

Buds seem to be lacking in one or maybe both departments
Not mine WB, but I do appreciate talent and what Buds are trying.

Why Blue
30-06-2016, 09:25 PM

Don't start the whole spelling punctuation shit again ............

winner
30-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Tonester

Wild Brew
30-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Don't start the whole spelling punctuation shit again ............
Says the main culprit.

Wild Brew
01-07-2016, 08:40 AM
atown man, nonsense is what you are thinking

Do you really think this kid is going to stay at buds ???
He only ended up at buds because his 2015 club offered 17's, trailed at another club but missed so went to buds because they offered 19's
Would he be playing first grade at his previous club, no chance or at any other top half club, probably not
If he is this good then he would be looking well beyond buds minimum jets youth next year

If buds have some plan to develop youth into first graders then start with first grade, make sure it is strong so players want to play there,
As I said token effort to try and keep him
Heard he left 2015 club because of coach and management, as did 8 of his team mates. Others trialled elsewhere and either didn't get in or were too late to change.
Or maybe you are right and they all wanted to leave because first grade had been poor the last couple of years. Or maybe the policy of pushing players down rather than up was a concern?

Atown
01-07-2016, 08:46 AM
atown man, nonsense is what you are thinking

Do you really think this kid is going to stay at buds ???
He only ended up at buds because his 2015 club offered 17's, trailed at another club but missed so went to buds because they offered 19's
Would he be playing first grade at his previous club, no chance or at any other top half club, probably not
If he is this good then he would be looking well beyond buds minimum jets youth next year

If buds have some plan to develop youth into first graders then start with first grade, make sure it is strong so players want to play there,
As I said token effort to try and keep him

My reply to your post never once suggested the kid will or will not stay at Atown. i have no idea if this player will or will not be at Atown next year and beyond.

My reply was directed at you suggesting Atown are not investing heavily in youth . Can I consider this topic closed as you decided to deflect away from that point you initially raised and focus on one particular player .

I also asked you to explain how you consider a club to be strong in your opinion . Which again was a question you decided against answering.

Please don't feel the need to reply now as the moment has passed .

Tonester
01-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Tonester

Leave me out of this hahaha!😉

winner
01-07-2016, 08:54 AM
My reply to your post never once suggested the kid will or will not stay at Atown. i have no idea if this player will or will not be at Atown next year and beyond.

My reply was directed at you suggesting Atown are not investing heavily in youth . Can I consider this topic closed as you decided to deflect away from that point you initially raised and focus on one particular player .

I also asked you to explain how you consider a club to be strong in your opinion . Which again was a question you decided against answering.

Please don't feel the need to reply now as the moment has passed .

Massive youth development and players being pushed into first grade at adamstown.
Carter from magic. Littlewood from magic. Berlin from magic. Canli from jaffas. Reed from Maitland. Clements from lakes. Johnson from southy. Bitz from Charlestown. The 2 players stolen from Singleton.

Atown
01-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Massive youth development and players being pushed into first grade at adamstown.
Carter from magic. Littlewood from magic. Berlin from magic. Canli from jaffas. Reed from Maitland. Clements from lakes. Johnson from southy. Bitz from Charlestown. The 2 players stolen from Singleton.

No correlation at all with topic I was discussing with previous poster.

In any case , is this any different to most other NPL teams ?

winner
01-07-2016, 09:39 AM
No correlation at all with topic I was discussing with previous poster.

In any case , is this any different to most other NPL teams ?

You are correct. No different to ANY other NPL club. Point I was trying to make was if you post on here that Atown are promoting a great youth policy why the need to attract so many players from other clubs ? Or is it you are hoping the youth program will develop players for your club to alleviate the need to sign so many players from other clubs ?

Zico
01-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Or is it you are hoping the youth program will develop players for your club to alleviate the need to sign so many players from other clubs ?

Isn't this why all clubs have youth development?

winner
01-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Isn't this why all clubs have youth development?
Do all clubs have youth development programs Zico ?

LongSufferingFan
01-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Do all clubs have youth development programs Zico ?

How about predictions for 2017 NPL?
How many teams will get licenses?

With no real knowledge I'll have a stab at what could be next season.

NPL 1
1. Jets Youth
2. Edgeworth
3. Magic
4. Hamilton
5. Jaffas
6. Adamstown
7. Maitland
8. Charlestown
9. Lakes
10. Weston

NPL 2
1. Northern Inland Football
2. Valentine
3. Football Mid North Coast
4. Wallsend
5. Cooks Hill
6. Singleton
7. Kahibah
8. Toronto Awaba
9. Belswans

Relegated to Zone League for not meeting NPL licensing criteria (or not applying) Cessnock, Thornton, South Cardiff, West Wallsend.

Lakes promoted to NPL 1 for meeting criteria and winning NewFM minor premiership this year.
Valentine relegated to NPL 2 due to lack of suitable playing facility.

FMNC and NIF introduced to NPL 2 - my mail is they are both applying for a license.

Thoughts anyone?

ForeverRed
01-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Won't happen, 12 team comp, lakes and Southy promoted

Barry Dawson
01-07-2016, 12:23 PM
What's the word on New Lambton? Heard they are making a tilt for NPL2/first division?

NewyTy
01-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Not sure why'd you'd consider Southy and West Wallend to not meet/apply for criteria. At this point, I've heard every New-FM club say they're applying and I've spoken to a few clubs about it in detail. Cessnock's ground will easily make the criteria, it was an NBN State League ground not that long ago and if memory serves correctly they've already got the player race that the federation are demanding.

My biggest peeve with Thornton is the lack of shelter but that's a simple fix by putting a little roof or two over the bleachers they've got there currently. Westy's ground is one of the best in the league and they'll be applying for sure.

As for NPL1, Lakes will be there and they'll be hard done by if they're not. They're the benchmark of the competition and deserve to go up regardless of finishing top or not. Valentine are in all sorts with their ground so unless they find an alternative the only option is relegation at this point.

The inclusion of NIF & FMNC will be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how it'd be implemented though. E.G, next year there'll be different kick-off times I'd imagine for New-FM (then NPL2) where first game is at 11am. Trip to Tamworth/Armidale takes four hours roughly so to be there an 60-90 minutes before, you'd be leaving early around 6am or so. That's a big change from what we've currently got. Let's not get started on potential mid-week catch-up games (something FMNC don't have to deal with in NPL Youth as it stands).

I heard one or two Zone League sides may be applying but none really stand-out as potential inclusions as of next year. Kahibah made a big jump at the time after finishing eighth or so. I'd consider New Lambton as the strongest club with a solid junior base. A ground upgrade is needed though.

GO AWAY
01-07-2016, 12:41 PM
How about predictions for 2017 NPL?
How many teams will get licenses?

With no real knowledge I'll have a stab at what could be next season.

NPL 1
1. Jets Youth
2. Edgeworth
3. Magic
4. Hamilton
5. Jaffas
6. Adamstown
7. Maitland
8. Charlestown
9. Lakes
10. Weston

NPL 2
1. Northern Inland Football
2. Valentine
3. Football Mid North Coast
4. Wallsend
5. Cooks Hill
6. Singleton
7. Kahibah
8. Toronto Awaba
9. Belswans

Relegated to Zone League for not meeting NPL licensing criteria (or not applying) Cessnock, Thornton, South Cardiff, West Wallsend.

Lakes promoted to NPL 1 for meeting criteria and winning NewFM minor premiership this year.
Valentine relegated to NPL 2 due to lack of suitable playing facility.

FMNC and NIF introduced to NPL 2 - my mail is they are both applying for a license.

Thoughts anyone?

NPL 1 same plus Toronto Awaba and Wallsend ( you heard it first :) )

No NPL2 ....all rest to zone leagues less the two country teams.

Local Rules
01-07-2016, 01:13 PM
So now that applications have closed will we see the renowned transparency of NNSWFF where they indicate who has applied for licences and what the structure they are proposing will be or will it be another case of getting to November or December when most of the elite squads are in preseason and telling them sorry you aren't a part of our plans for next year so go play zone league. This will then impact on that competition as draws etc will already be in the pipeline as well as the promotions from this season.

This needs to be sorted by the end of the season as clubs attempt to re-sign players so they have the opportunity to put themselves on the market if they are not going to be playing the same level as they were this year and clubs can contest decisions if they feel they have been incorrectly classified.

The Postman
01-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Middle of September apparently, after all the GFs are over with.

Will be interesting to see what the word 'mandatory' means comes September.

football_macigian23
01-07-2016, 08:02 PM
What's the word on New Lambton? Heard they are making a tilt for NPL2/first division?

Yep they have definitely applied... Apparently NCC has given them $200k towards their upgrades of Alder Park

MFKS
01-07-2016, 08:14 PM
What makes everyone certain the Jets will stick around??

With WSW Smurfs and Gypos playing in the Sydney Comp it is the clubs best interest to **** off out of Northern and go join the Sydney NPL

De-Champ
01-07-2016, 08:43 PM
What makes everyone certain the Jets will stick around??

With WSW Smurfs and Gypos playing in the Sydney Comp it is the clubs best interest to **** off out of Northern and go join the Sydney NPL

Its not up to the Jets to *****off. It all depends on whether the Sydney NPL/federation let them in.

mervan
01-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Not sure why'd you'd consider Southy and West Wallend to not meet/apply for criteria. At this point, I've heard every New-FM club say they're applying and I've spoken to a few clubs about it in detail. Cessnock's ground will easily make the criteria, it was an NBN State League ground not that long ago and if memory serves correctly they've already got the player race that the federation are demanding.

My biggest peeve with Thornton is the lack of shelter but that's a simple fix by putting a little roof or two over the bleachers they've got there currently. Westy's ground is one of the best in the league and they'll be applying for sure.

As for NPL1, Lakes will be there and they'll be hard done by if they're not. They're the benchmark of the competition and deserve to go up regardless of finishing top or not. Valentine are in all sorts with their ground so unless they find an alternative the only option is relegation at this point.

The inclusion of NIF & FMNC will be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how it'd be implemented though. E.G, next year there'll be different kick-off times I'd imagine for New-FM (then NPL2) where first game is at 11am. Trip to Tamworth/Armidale takes four hours roughly so to be there an 60-90 minutes before, you'd be leaving early around 6am or so. That's a big change from what we've currently got. Let's not get started on potential mid-week catch-up games (something FMNC don't have to deal with in NPL Youth as it stands).

I heard one or two Zone League sides may be applying but none really stand-out as potential inclusions as of next year. Kahibah made a big jump at the time after finishing eighth or so. I'd consider New Lambton as the strongest club with a solid junior base. A ground upgrade is needed though.

Based on grounds

Edgy
Jafs
Magic
Olympic
Weston
Adamstown
Lakes
Toronto
Maitland

Southy, azzuri, jets, Valo, ,belswans, Wallsend, all struggle in this element

By the way nice elbow by Weston guy on jafs kid midweek, can't hide on Bartv, comn nnsw have a look

Why Blue
02-07-2016, 08:07 AM
Not mine WB, but I do appreciate talent and what Buds are trying.

Ok, serious question to you and Atown
What is it that the buds are trying ??

Why Blue
02-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Based on grounds

Edgy
Jafs
Magic
Olympic
Weston
Adamstown
Lakes
Toronto
Maitland

Southy, azzuri, jets, Valo, ,belswans, Wallsend, all struggle in this element

By the way nice elbow by Weston guy on jafs kid midweek, can't hide on Bartv, comn nnsw have a look

Based on grounds ???

Jaffa's ...........I really don't like watching a game at Arther Edden, especially if it rains, mostly ground level, tiny stand stuck down one end
From a players point, tiny sheds

Would be interested in how you think they are better than CCB & Southy ??

Not sure how Wallsend would "struggle" from a grounds perspective ???

Hugh undercover stand massive change rooms with seperate shower area, only issue is that it is a dog track to far away from the action

Imyourhero
02-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Views out at Wallsend may be from abit of a distance but personally I actually like the view from above where you can see the entire field clearly, gives a good view for watching team formations etc

judge
02-07-2016, 10:37 AM
As far as grandstands go Maitland's aren't real flash and if they have to have a player's race it will be the world's longest.

Ker-Plunk
02-07-2016, 11:35 AM
they have one . couldn't you see it from outside the fence ?

The Postman
02-07-2016, 01:35 PM
For 2017-2019 Licence Period, it will give the 2nd Division clubs time to get their ground, coaching and juniors up to scratch.

NPL
Adamstown
Broadmeadow
Charlestown
Edgeworth
Hamilton
Jets
Lake Macquarie
Lambton
Maitland
South Cardiff
Valentine
Weston

2nd Division (No promotion/relegation)
Belswans
Cessnock
Cooks Hill
Kahibah
New Lambton
Mayfield
Morisset
Singleton
Thornton
Toronto
Wallsend
West Wallsend

cymonster
02-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Views out at Wallsend may be from abit of a distance but personally I actually like the view from above where you can see the entire field clearly, gives a good view for watching team formations etc

Also wallsend doesn't have the best lighting for night games very dark in the middle of the pitch as most of the lights are for the dog track

idontwannaplaywithhowey
02-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Yep they have definitely applied... Apparently NCC has given them $200k towards their upgrades of Alder Park

'Apparently' is absolutely 100% inaccurate. NCC have not provided any funding to upgrade Alder Park and have made no commitment to doing so.

The Postman
03-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Maitland - Thompson and Broadley dropped.

MFKS
03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Jets V Edgy

19s 2-1 Jets
22s 5-1 Jets

ForeverRed
03-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Maitland 19s and 22s record their first wins for the season

MFKS
03-07-2016, 04:37 PM
1-1 Edgy and Jets at HT

Hard fought game

Edgy just shading it

Edgy scored with a pen after 8 mins after Jets got caught in possession in the back 3rd. Legit pen when the attacker rounded the keeper and was taken out

Penalty smashed low into the corner

Jets levelled it on 30 mins when a good run down the right by Parties and a quality cross was headed home at the back stick by Tom Waller

Nearly took the lead just before HT when Fogarty had an airy on a routine back pass

Ball heading into the net and he was able to save his blushes by clearing it off the line with a desperate effort

Jets doing Ok in this affair but I expect Edgy to win. Not the type of game EJ teams tend to grind a win out in