PDA

View Full Version : TheJetstream PODCAST

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

furns
21-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Back to our regular schedule - review of Adelaide game available now

Jeterpool
21-02-2017, 04:58 PM
We had some spare time in the pod so we delved deeper into Jones' approach with substitutions and the teams inability to sieze the opportunity and consolidate our 6th position.

Also, with pay phone booths a thing of teh past, where would modern day superman get changed?

furns
24-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Cracker episode recorded tonight and will be available for download at the usual time in the morning
Not a bad episode title either :wink:

furns
26-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Today we are going to be trialling video for our postmatch fan interviews, we will broadcast on FB live facebook.com/JetstreamNewy and also upload the videos to YouTube.
If you want to be involved please message us on FB or twitter. Remember we will need interviews regardless of the result.

furns
28-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Derby review episode now available

StannyCFCJET
03-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Fantastic POD. RE: With the talk on Hoole, do we think his agent knows how much he has to improve hence asking for the low buyout clause???

WolfMan
03-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Fantastic POD. RE: With the talk on Hoole, do we think his agent knows how much he has to improve hence asking for the low buyout clause???

Yeh I sorta went into that territory for a while there. Think Hoole knows he needs polishing as a player before he would command a decent transfer fee

Jeterpool
03-03-2017, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Jeterpool
07-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Review episode covering the Brisbane Roar game is now available.

StannyCFCJET
07-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Review episode covering the Brisbane Roar game is now available.

Oh goody just what I needed to wake up on a Tuesday

furns
07-03-2017, 09:10 PM
We are investigating adding another weekly show to our podcast series - this one would solely deal with the NNSWFF comps and be hosted by ppl knowledgeable about them.
Would this be of interest to anyone, and are there any local football aficionados willing to put their hands up?

furns
14-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Jetstream Extra released this morning to tide ppl over until the preview on Friday.
Discussed some general football topics - FFA governance, expansion, NPL & the aleague run to the finals

Jetmaster
14-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Rubbed my hands when I thought you were gonna discuss refs, then the plug was pulled.

Boo hiss.

Jeterpool
14-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Rubbed my hands when I thought you were gonna discuss refs, then the plug was pulled.

Boo hiss.

I was waiting for Anthony to go off. There's 6 months in the off season - we will get to it.

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2017, 07:15 PM
I was waiting for Anthony to go off. There's 6 months in the off season - we will get to it.

6 months worth of abuse for Chris Beath??

furns
14-03-2017, 09:02 PM
6 months worth of abuse for Chris Beath??
He's saving it all up

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Funnily enough I have a favourite Liverpool goal as well. That amazing Gerrard header in the 2004/05 League cup final. 😂😂😂😂

Jeterpool
17-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Funnily enough I have a favourite Liverpool goal as well. That amazing Gerrard header in the 2004/05 League cup final. ��������

Funnily enough, one of my favourite goals is the Dennis Bergkamp goal against Newcastle United where he flicked it the wrong side of Philip Albert (i think?). Absolute piss-taking.

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Funnily enough, one of my favourite goals is the Dennis Bergkamp goal against Newcastle United where he flicked it the wrong side of Philip Albert (i think?). Absolute piss-taking.

Wasnt that named greatest Prem goal of all time?

Jeterpool
17-03-2017, 01:51 PM
I think his goal against Leicester (?) with 2 juggles and a volley was.

furns
21-03-2017, 01:02 AM
Team has turned to shit, but there is still plenty to talk about. Dave, Emma and Mitch review the debacle at AAMI Park. Episode will be available by 7am.

baldrick
21-03-2017, 08:29 AM

Dennis Bergkamp is why I follow Arsenal. Absolutely brilliant player.

Jeterpool
21-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Dennis Bergkamp is why I follow Arsenal. Absolutely brilliant player.

He was fabulous. Absolutely class personified.

Jeterpool
21-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Team has turned to shit, but there is still plenty to talk about. Dave, Emma and Mitch review the debacle at AAMI Park. Episode will be available by 7am.

I hope people enjoy the pod this week.

Remember, if anyone wants to join us on the podcast, or come on Jetstream TV please get in touch. We're all amatuer (if those who listen couldn't have guessed) so if you have got an opinion (one or two on here do) and want to give it a try we'd love to hear from you.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 01:15 PM
If Clut cant get a game atm ahead of other attacking players who have disappeared or are way off form. I cant see him playing when Jones (He never will) decides we cant make finals and plays fringe players and I can see him leaving (along with the other players not getting game time) in the off season if Jones is still the coach

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Also the talk about Stevie U being surrounded by multiple players while our forward players are rushing forward leaving no short options is something ive whinged about for years

Jeterpool
28-03-2017, 09:14 AM
The latest episode of the Podcast is released today. We look at the match for a short period before going into the comments in the media about the squad, the effect new names being linked could be having and what the future holds for next year.

"The Therapy Session".

Hope you all enjoy.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 10:45 AM
In response to Grant, Any Jets fan who has watched us for a few years woulda thought, Hmmm players missing team inconsistent, were favourites you say? well thats a 3-0 loss

Bremsstrahlung
29-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Could we get a copy of the Transfer Game, or if there's a plan for a future podcast re: next season, who we keep/resign and who we bring in, wait til then :)

Jeterpool
29-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Could we get a copy of the Transfer Game, or if there's a plan for a future podcast re: next season, who we keep/resign and who we bring in, wait til then :)

The notes used in the transfer game or a link to the pod?

Bremsstrahlung
30-03-2017, 11:14 AM
The notes used in the transfer game or a link to the pod?

The notes, please.
Or, if there's plans to do a Off-Season version of it again, could use that after the podcast.

I think its really interesting. I loved when TAW does it, and you guys did a great job also, it's interesting to put in perspective how complicated things can be while trying to keep numbers and al positions covered vs the likelihood of players joining us. Easy to be an armchair critic

Jeterpool
30-03-2017, 11:22 AM
The notes, please.
Or, if there's plans to do a Off-Season version of it again, could use that after the podcast.

I think its really interesting. I loved when TAW does it, and you guys did a great job also, it's interesting to put in perspective how complicated things can be while trying to keep numbers and al positions covered vs the likelihood of players joining us. Easy to be an armchair critic

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it. If I can be honest - I didn't save the notes! It was a list off FoxSports and I will see if I can find it again.

Plans for another off-season one? Perhaps. If it was enjoyed we can look at it again once we understand a bit more what is going on with the squad post-season.

Jeterpool
30-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Found it. List: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/studs-up-chat-the-top-30-uncontracted-aleague-players-from-a-list-of-150-stars/news-story/e6502b56f2028377f0a2bdfadd4c3b68

CLUB BY CLUB (Updated where I remember re-signings or departures)

* Loan player

ADELAIDE UNITED

Marcelo Carrusca

Jordan Elsey

Eugene Galekovic

John Hall

Ryan Kitto

Iacopo La Rocca

Jesse Makarounas

Marc Marino

Michael Marrone

Dylan McGowan

George Mells

Nikola Mileusnic

Mark Ochieng

Benjamin Warland

BRISBANE ROAR

Manuel Jesus Arana Rodriguez

Thomas Broich

Joe Caletti

Luke De Vere

Joseph Katebian

Nathan Konstandopoulos

Thomas Kristensen?

Jamie Maclaren

Matthew McKay

Jacob Pepper

Mark Rodic

Michael Theo

CENTRAL COAST

Jake Adelson

Kwabena Appiah-Kubi

Josh Bingham

Jacques Faty

Fabio Ferreira

Matthew Fletcher

Scott Galloway

Paul Izzo

Bradley McDonald

Nick Montgomery

Ivan Necevski

Michael Neill

Roy O’Donovan

Jacob Poscoliero

Storm Roux

Mickael Tavares

MELBOURNE CITY

Dean Bouzanis

Christian Cavallo

Braedyn Crowley

Corey Gameiro

Denis Genreau

Steve Kuzmanovski

Joshua Rose

Thomas Sorensen

Luke Brattan*

Anthony Caceres*

Nicolas Colazo*

MELBOURNE VICTORY

Nicholas Ansell

Alan Baro

Fahid Ben Khalfallah

Alastair Bray

Daniel Georgievski

Jason Geria

George Howard

Jai Ingham

Rashid Mahazi

Lucas Spinella

Lawrence Thomas

James Troisi

Carl Valeri

NEWCASTLE JETS

Kristian Brymora

Labinot Haliti

Andrew Hoole

Benjamin Kantarovski

Ben Kennedy

Lei Lei Ma

Daniel Mullen

Morten Nordstrand

Mateo Poljak

PERTH GLORY

Diego Castro

Joel Chianese

Dino Djulbic

Nicholas Feely

Richard Garcia

Nebojsa Marinkovic

Mitchell Oxborrow

Kosta Petratos

Liam Reddy

Jamal Reiners

Joshua Risdon

Milan Smiljanic

Jordan Thurtell

Marc Warren

Aryn Williams

Rhys Williams

Brandon Wilson

SYDNEY FC

Bai Antoniou

George Blackwood

Alex Brosque

Aaron Calver

David Carney

Bobo

Milos Dimitrijevic

Rhyan Grant

Filip Holosko

Matthew Jurman

Charles Lokoli Ngoy

Milos Ninkovic

Brandon O’Neill

Sebastian Ryall

Matthew Simon

Riley Woodcock

Bernie Ibini*

WELLINGTON PHOENIX

Roly Bonevacia

Thomas Doyle

Vince Lia

Benjamin Litfin

Ryan Lowry

Glen Moss

Adam Parkhouse

Alex Rodriguez

Oliver Sail

Jacob Tratt

Hamish Watson

WESTERN SYDNEY

Nicolas Martinez*

Kearyn Baccus

Shannon Cole

Dimas Delgado

Brendan Hamill

Emilio Martinez

Scott Neville

Mitch Nichols

Bruno Pinatares

Andrew Redmayne

Mario Shabow

Jerrad Tyson

Liam Youlley

furns
31-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Preview ep for game against WSW went up this morning
Hopefully ppl are still listening lol

furns
31-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Anyone who feels like joining a little game we have running at the moment, jump onto twitter and check out the hashtag #JetsAMovie
:)

furns
07-04-2017, 02:08 AM
F3 Derby preview episode will be ready for 7am listening

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Really looking forward to the podcast. Feel like you guys are gonna say what were all thinking. Be good if Mckinna listened to it.

furns
10-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I wont be on again tonight, LFC tour announcement has stuffed me for the next few days.
Dave will host again, hopefully his internet holds up lol

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2017, 03:13 PM
I wont be on again tonight, LFC tour announcement has stuffed me for the next few days.
Dave will host again, hopefully his internet holds up lol

Are they playing more then just Sydney?

furns
11-04-2017, 01:00 AM
Are they playing more then just Sydney?
no, just that one game

Jeterpool
11-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Podcast is up.

At the end you can hear some alcohol influenced rabble as we talk about the Legends game - it's loud so turn your headphones down

furns
14-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately we couldnt record a podcast last night due to ppls schedules.
So Dave Grant and myself just finished recording the preview and its now available to listen.

Jeterpool
18-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Also, the final review podcast for the season is up and available. I chat with BodyNovo and Emma about the game for a bit before getting onto the big news - the departure of Mark Jones.

Thanks to all the listeners throughout the season. Hope you've enjoyed the content and we certainly welcome feedback on our work and the opinions we provide.

StannyCFCJET
18-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Also, the final review podcast for the season is up and available. I chat with BodyNovo and Emma about the game for a bit before getting onto the big news - the departure of Mark Jones.

Thanks to all the listeners throughout the season. Hope you've enjoyed the content and we certainly welcome feedback on our work and the opinions we provide.

Thanks guys for all your effort and hard work for some bright spots and laughs in another rubbish season.

furns
20-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Ok have managed to scratch a preview episode together featuring interviews with fans from all four of the teams in this weekends elimination finals. Will be available from 7am as usual.
Feedback would be appreciated on whether people are keen on the extra content, even if it isnt Jets related.

Although there are a few Jets tidbits sprinkled throughout haha

Jeterpool
21-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Ok have managed to scratch a preview episode together featuring interviews with fans from all four of the teams in this weekends elimination finals. Will be available from 7am as usual.
Feedback would be appreciated on whether people are keen on the extra content, even if it isnt Jets related.

Although there are a few Jets tidbits sprinkled throughout haha

Nice job Furns

A reminder that the season review episode will be recorded May 5th

furns
28-04-2017, 01:22 AM
btw 2nd finals episode will be ready for your listening pleasure at 7am
Spoke to Ben (Roarcast) and Blayne (Far Post Perth) again, as well as Southy for the SFC perspective. No MV rep unfortunately.

Couscous
28-04-2017, 11:27 AM
No MV rep unfortunately.

As mentioned previously, the entire Victory supporter base has been cast adrift and no longer has a forum. I encouraged them to come here, and praised this forum's large and lively membership. So I'd expect an extra 10,000 visitors a day or so.

Jeterpool
28-04-2017, 11:34 AM
As mentioned previously, the entire Victory supporter base has been cast adrift and no longer has a forum. I encouraged them to come here, and praised this forum's large and lively membership. So I'd expect an extra 10,000 visitors a day or so.

We've had a chat with Jason from For Vucks Sake 3 times this year and he is always willing to speak with us but he wasn't available because he wasn't in the country. His mates couldn't step up...how it goes sometimes.

And great job Furns. Well done carrying the podcast on!

furns
29-04-2017, 01:11 AM
We've had a chat with Jason from For Vucks Sake 3 times this year and he is always willing to speak with us but he wasn't available because he wasn't in the country. His mates couldn't step up...how it goes sometimes.

And great job Furns. Well done carrying the podcast on!cheers mate
Hope people are enjoying the extra content

furns
04-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Grand Final preview episode recorded, joined separately by Southy from The Cove and Jason from For Vucks Sake to chat about their respective teams in the final.
Hope people enjoyed the extra episodes.
Remember that we are recording the interview with Lawrie and also the end of season review on Fri 5th May so go to the relevant threads to pose your questions asap

furns
09-05-2017, 08:05 PM
ICYMI - season review podcast episode now available

furns
01-06-2017, 01:47 AM
The Lawrie McKinna Q&A episode will be available from 7am. Apologies for the delay getting it out, I was tied up all last week with LFC stuff and have been crook until today.

borat
01-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Great pod and good on Lawrie for making himself available. Can't ever knock him on his engagement with the fans and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

But in saying that it really reinforces my opinion that Lawrie is hugely out of his depth and until change is made at the top this club will never be professionally run.

Good to hear Lawrie answer my question on what he considers his achievements to be, but I got the answer I expected......nada. Seriously not a single thing.

His answers to other questions I found highly disturbing.

Firstly he seems to be drinking the Jones coolaid that the team was "successful" up until the last 6 games. That he believes winning 5 games to be any measure of success is downright delusional.

His opinion on sports psychology was quite alarming in my opinion. That he was all for it but any player who needed a psychologist should keep it a secret, like it's something to be ashamed of.

His constant references to keyboard warriors is also delusional. It's akin to writing off any criticism he or the club has received as unwarranted and all from serial complainers, rather than accept the his performance and that of the club has not been up to standard under his watch.

And the response to "does the club use a scouting network".....was " no....I use the Lawrie network"......

This is meant to be the professional face of the club, convincing players/staff/sponsors to get onboard. It's just not good enough and we will never compete until we get better.

Jeterpool
15-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Great pod and good on Lawrie for making himself available. Can't ever knock him on his engagement with the fans and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

But in saying that it really reinforces my opinion that Lawrie is hugely out of his depth and until change is made at the top this club will never be professionally run.

Good to hear Lawrie answer my question on what he considers his achievements to be, but I got the answer I expected......nada. Seriously not a single thing.

His answers to other questions I found highly disturbing.

Firstly he seems to be drinking the Jones coolaid that the team was "successful" up until the last 6 games. That he believes winning 5 games to be any measure of success is downright delusional.

His opinion on sports psychology was quite alarming in my opinion. That he was all for it but any player who needed a psychologist should keep it a secret, like it's something to be ashamed of.

His constant references to keyboard warriors is also delusional. It's akin to writing off any criticism he or the club has received as unwarranted and all from serial complainers, rather than accept the his performance and that of the club has not been up to standard under his watch.

And the response to "does the club use a scouting network".....was " no....I use the Lawrie network"......

This is meant to be the professional face of the club, convincing players/staff/sponsors to get onboard. It's just not good enough and we will never compete until we get better.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Lawrie has been very open and supportive of the pod and always makes himself available to us.

Hopefully you'll also enjoy the material that will be coming out soon!!

Jeterpool
28-06-2017, 08:58 AM
So Furns has finally outed himself as a bot.

furns
28-06-2017, 03:20 PM
And I've officially banned my alter ego haha

furns
02-07-2017, 11:31 PM
we have recorded an episode that will be available from 7am monday morning, check out the special announcement near the end from Dave about a project he's been working on.
also hoping to release a short episode later in the week with Johnny Davidson

furns
05-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Recorded a chat with John Davidson about his visit to Russia for the Confeds Cup and the Socceroos, and also some chat on the Jets.
Episode will be available for download from 7pm

Jetmaster
05-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Great to have you boys back - I only listen when I download and go for a walk so you encourage exercise!

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 02:23 PM
For those who are yet to listen to the podcast, or don't currently, we made an announcement about a special podcast series the Jetstream will be releasing later in the year. Titled The Championship Chronicles, I will be reviewing each match from the 2007/08 season. Over the last 9 months I have been fortunate enough to organise interviews with the majority of the team during that season. The pod will have interviews with:

Scott Tunbridge, Lawrie McKinna, Andrew Durante, Gary Van Egmond, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kennedy, Jason Hoffman, James Holland, Matt Thompson, Stuart Musialik, Jobe Wheelhouse, John Tsatsimis, Ante Covic, Adam D’Apuzzo, Steve Eagleton, Paul Kohler, Adam Griffiths, Noel Spencer, Remo Nogorotto and Jade North. I also interview Aaron Kearney who called the Jets for ABC during that season.

We will release a trailer for the series next week and include audio from Joel Griffiths, Jason Hoffman and Matt Thompson.

Please, if you can, spread the word of the upcoming series release for late November because it's something I've done for us - the Jets fans. We've not had a great deal to feel positive about over the last few season. Hopefully you'll enjoy the look back on our highest point as a club to date.

Massive thanks to those who have helped me over the last 2.5 years - you know who you all are.

If you don't already subscribe and want to, you can find all the details here - http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/the_jetstream/podcast-3/

Cheers

JP

Jetmaster
06-07-2017, 02:39 PM
https://savageadventuretours.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/im-excited.jpg?w=245&h=300

:fap::fap::fap:

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 03:09 PM
For those who are yet to listen to the podcast, or don't currently, we made an announcement about a special podcast series the Jetstream will be releasing later in the year. Titled The Championship Chronicles, I will be reviewing each match from the 2007/08 season. Over the last 9 months I have been fortunate enough to organise interviews with the majority of the team during that season. The pod will have interviews with:

Scott Tunbridge, Lawrie McKinna, Andrew Durante, Gary Van Egmond, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kennedy, Jason Hoffman, James Holland, Matt Thompson, Stuart Musialik, Jobe Wheelhouse, John Tsatsimis, Ante Covic, Adam D’Apuzzo, Steve Eagleton, Paul Kohler, Adam Griffiths, Noel Spencer, Remo Nogorotto and Jade North. I also interview Aaron Kearney who called the Jets for ABC during that season.

We will release a trailer for the series next week and include audio from Joel Griffiths, Jason Hoffman and Matt Thompson.

Please, if you can, spread the word of the upcoming series release for late November because it's something I've done for us - the Jets fans. We've not had a great deal to feel positive about over the last few season. Hopefully you'll enjoy the look back on our highest point as a club to date.

Massive thanks to those who have helped me over the last 2.5 years - you know who you all are.

If you don't already subscribe and want to, you can find all the details here - http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/the_jetstream/podcast-3/

Cheers

JP

As much as we hate him, Did you try and interview Mark Bridge???.

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 03:29 PM
As much as we hate him, Did you try and interview Mark Bridge???.

I couldn't figure out a way to contact Mark, unfortunately. If someone can help establish contact I'd of course extend the offer to him. Tarek Elrich, Steve Laybutt and Troy Hearfield I either couldn't organise a conversaton or make contact unfortunately.

I tried really hard to get everyone I could, and to record the number of interviews I have, exceeded the expectations I set at the beginning when I decided I wanted to do it.

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 04:04 PM
I couldn't figure out a way to contact Mark, unfortunately. If someone can help establish contact I'd of course extend the offer to him. Tarek Elrich, Steve Laybutt and Troy Hearfield I either couldn't organise a conversaton or make contact unfortunately.

I tried really hard to get everyone I could, and to record the number of interviews I have, exceeded the expectations I set at the beginning when I decided I wanted to do it.

Fair enough. Really good you got some of the lesser known players as well such as Tunbridge, Didnt he score against the phoenix in a 2-3 loss?

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Fair enough. Really good you got some of the lesser known players as well such as Tunbridge, Didnt he score against the phoenix in a 2-3 loss?

Very good memory! Scott was actually the first player I spoke with, believe it or not.

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Very good memory! Scott was actually the first player I spoke with, believe it or not.

Awesome. Did Eagleton play much that season? and I remember Laybut as the worst Cb Id ever seen. How did we win the GF with Jardel and Laybutt lol

pv4
06-07-2017, 04:23 PM
How did we win the GF with Jardel and Laybutt lol

Because of these two:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/stuart-musialik-and-joel-griffiths-of-the-jets-celebrate-while-of-picture-id79810418

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Because of these two:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/stuart-musialik-and-joel-griffiths-of-the-jets-celebrate-while-of-picture-id79810418

:lulzturtle: :lulzturtle: :lulzturtle: :lulzturtle:

q-money
06-07-2017, 04:50 PM
far out, top work JP

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Awesome. Did Eagleton play much that season? and I remember Laybut as the worst Cb Id ever seen. How did we win the GF with Jardel and Laybutt lol

Eags played 2 games. But that's all part of the story.

Eags is a deadset legend and I told him so. Bloke is too modest to accept that and he didn't believe that people on here still talk about him and see him as a cult hero.

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 05:01 PM
far out, top work JP

Thanks Q. Not delivered yet ha ha!

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Eags played 2 games. But that's all part of the story.

Eags is a deadset legend and I told him so. Bloke is too modest to accept that and he didn't believe that people on here still talk about him and see him as a cult hero.

Yeah loved his runs up and down the flanks every since I started going in season two

Jeterpool
09-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Preview episode for the FFA cup is available for download.

We're still in our pre-season so don't judge our performances until we come up against some top content.

Seriously, hope you all enjoy it.

I'll be pulling together another few Championship Chronicles snippets over the coming week and we will look to get another one out shortly. The next one will have Jade North, Aaron Kearney and Gary van Egmond. Note - these snippets are all parts of the conversations that won't/haven't been used in the main series.

Jetmaster
09-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Great ! Downloading now.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Preview episode for the FFA cup is available for download.

We're still in our pre-season so don't judge our performances until we come up against some top content.

Seriously, hope you all enjoy it.

I'll be pulling together another few Championship Chronicles snippets over the coming week and we will look to get another one out shortly. The next one will have Jade North, Aaron Kearney and Gary van Egmond. Note - these snippets are all parts of the conversations that won't/haven't been used in the main series.

Man these snippets just fuel my hunger for the full championship chronicles which im sure was your intended result haha

Jeterpool
09-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Man these snippets just fuel my hunger for the full championship chronicles which im sure was your intended result haha

I'm glad mate. And I'd never do something so diabolical ha ha.

I hope it'll be worth the wait for you.

Jeterpool
23-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Bit of an update for those interested:

3 new teasers have been finalised and will be released over the next few weeks for the Championship Chronicles.

Jeterpool
25-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Teaser 2 is now available for download for the Championship Chronicles.

I've been focussed on finalising my recording for the series over the last few weeks, hence the gap between trailers. As it stands, 7 of the 9 episodes have been drafted and compiled and we're looking at over 7.5 hours of material so far! I am about to start working on the episode covering the actual match of the Grand Final.

Jeterpool
28-08-2017, 10:01 PM
For those that listen to the podcast, you will know that I've done a 9 episode series "The Championship Chronicles" due for release in late November to commemorate the Jets 08 Grand Final win.

It's been a 3 year project for me and it will end up being over 9.5 hours of material reflecting on, for most, the best season we've had as a Jets supporter. I've had 3 people on here testing it out and so far they've enjoyed it. Furns, GazFish, BodyNovo - up to you if you want to add more to what I've said already - I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Talking with the team over the weekend, we thought we would gauge interest from people that would like to talk to me about their memories of the season, in a special fans episode as part of the series.

If there are people on here, listeners or not, who would like to be interviewed for the series please let me know. You may have attended away games, been involved in creating the gold banner, have specific memories that stuck in your mind, recall the Preliminary final vs Roar.

Whatever it is, please PM and if we can get enough interest we can look at doing it :)

Jeterpool

GazFish35
28-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Can vouch for how ****ing awesome this is. Jeterpool should be given the keys to
the city and a night with griff.

It's ****ing amazing.
Hearing the players and others in the inner sanctum talk about that season and what it meant to them is truly special.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 10:40 PM
For those that listen to the podcast, you will know that I've done a 9 episode series "The Championship Chronicles" due for release in late November to commemorate the Jets 08 Grand Final win.

It's been a 3 year project for me and it will end up being over 9.5 hours of material reflecting on, for most, the best season we've had as a Jets supporter. I've had 3 people on here testing it out and so far they've enjoyed it. Furns, GazFish, BodyNovo - up to you if you want to add more to what I've said already - I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Talking with the team over the weekend, we thought we would gauge interest from people that would like to talk to me about their memories of the season, in a special fans episode as part of the series.

If there are people on here, listeners or not, who would like to be interviewed for the series please let me know. You may have attended away games, been involved in creating the gold banner, have specific memories that stuck in your mind, recall the Preliminary final vs Roar.

Whatever it is, please PM and if we can get enough interest we can look at doing it :)

Jeterpool

The Chronicles snippets have been awesome so far, great work.

Jeterpool
29-08-2017, 08:27 AM
The Chronicles snippets have been awesome so far, great work.

Thanks mate.

Jeterpool
29-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Can vouch for how ****ing awesome this is. Jeterpool should be given the keys to
the city and a night with griff.

It's ****ing amazing.
Hearing the players and others in the inner sanctum talk about that season and what it meant to them is truly special.

That's why I wanted you to use your own words ha ha. Legend

Jeterpool
01-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Started to think it was going to be 23 interviews for the Championship Chronicles but I got a final one done today. Managed to speak with Mark Bridge.

Laybutt and Hearfield are the only Aussie players I didn't speak to.

StannyCFCJET
01-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Started to think it was going to be 23 interviews for the Championship Chronicles but I got a final one done today. Managed to speak with Mark Bridge.

Laybutt and Hearfield are the only Aussie players I didn't speak to.

Wasn't Hearfield playing in the local npl?

Jeterpool
01-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Not anymore

Jeterpool
06-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Finished the Championship Chronicles series production. It's been 3 years work but you'll have 9 podcasts, with over 9.5 hours of audio to listen to starting Novmeber.

Still have a few snippets to come out. Thinking of using material I haven't used for an extended length trailer prior to release.

I hope you all enjoy it when it's released. It's important, I feel, this achievement is commemorated for the fans, the players, the club and the region.

Bon
07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Finished the Championship Chronicles series production. It's been 3 years work but you'll have 9 podcasts, with over 9.5 hours of audio to listen to starting Novmeber.

Still have a few snippets to come out. Thinking of using material I haven't used for an extended length trailer prior to release.

I hope you all enjoy it when it's released. It's important, I feel, this achievement is commemorated for the fans, the players, the club and the region.

Awesome work mate! Can't wait to hear it..

Jetmaster
10-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Just read the A-League app review of the best moments of 2007/8. Griff is not mentioned once! Heresy.

Jeterpool
11-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Just read the A-League app review of the best moments of 2007/8. Griff is not mentioned once! Heresy.

On the A-Leauge site his photo with the Johnny Warren Medal and Golden boot was there.

Don't worry - he gets a few mentions in the pod.

Jeterpool
14-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Teaser 3 hits the podcast feed 7am tomorrow morning.

Jeterpool
29-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Request for help -

Are there any Graphic Designers on here that would be willing to donate their time and skill to make a special logo for the Championship Chronicles?

I've self taught everything myself in the project so far, but this is something I am asking for some assistance. :)

Please PM me or reply if you can assist!

furns
30-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Popped up a FB live video on our page on Thursday night, after the Lawrie & Ernie interviews were completed. Please check it out if you haven't already.
Announced that there will be 5 episodes in 5 days next week to kick off the season.
Mon - 4th teaser for championship chronicles
Tues - Q&A with Ernie
Wed - Q&A with Lawrie
Thurs - Jets season preview
Fri - new show called Around The Grounds. Will deal with the other teams in HAL & our opponents for each weekend

Btw we are keen to expand our team of contributors, so if you can talk football and are interested to help out please drop myself or Jeterpool a PM

StannyCFCJET
03-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Popped up a FB live video on our page on Thursday night, after the Lawrie & Ernie interviews were completed. Please check it out if you haven't already.
Announced that there will be 5 episodes in 5 days next week to kick off the season.
Mon - 4th teaser for championship chronicles
Tues - Q&A with Ernie
Wed - Q&A with Lawrie
Thurs - Jets season preview
Fri - new show called Around The Grounds. Will deal with the other teams in HAL & our opponents for each weekend

Btw we are keen to expand our team of contributors, so if you can talk football and are interested to help out please drop myself or Jeterpool a PM

Loved the Ernie Pod, Great work fellas. Cheers for asking my question and loved the response. Glad Ernie will be adapting to game situations and opposition strengths and weaknesses.

pv4
04-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Ernie pod was great. Thanks for asking all those questions.
Turn your bloody phone on silent phernz.
The 4-0 question was great and Ernie took it like a legend.
Striker depth still worries me. I understand what Ernie is saying, but it still scares me. Let's hope Roy doesn't headbutt Manny Muscat again.
Song Jin-Hyung went from Jerks to Tours in France, to Jeju in Korea, to Al-Sharjah in UAE, and has recently signed for FC Seoul - he made it back home!

Jeterpool
04-10-2017, 09:31 AM
THanks mate, hopefully everyone enjoyed it!

goaliepersempre
04-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Enjoyed the Podcast :) some good insights. hopefully all the talk comes to fruition.

GazFish35
04-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Listen to the McKinna pod straight after the Merrick one.

Difference between these blokes is like chalk and cheese.

Ernie seems like a breath of fresh air.

goaliepersempre
04-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Listen to the McKinna pod straight after the Merrick one.

Difference between these blokes is like chalk and cheese.

Ernie seems like a breath of fresh air.

agreed

furns
05-10-2017, 12:02 AM
two mammoth pods being released thursday and friday
Our Jets season preview episode is out first thing in the morning, featuring interviews with two special guests hence why the episode runs for 1hr40mins haha
Friday sees the debut of the new Around The Grounds show and features discussion from us on CCM, WSW and MV plus interviews with fans for all three of those teams.

We will definately try to keep future episodes at around 40-45 minutes going forward but we wanted to make sure that everyone got a bumper week of episodes to kick off the season, seeing as we hadnt done much this time around in the way of offseason content.
Hope everyone is enjoying the #5days5episodes run

Please, if you are enjoying the content and can help us to spread the word, please share the episodes on your social media platforms. We are really targeting this season to increase our listenership and word of mouth amongst supporters is the best way to help that along.
And if you feel like it, chuck an iTunes review our way as well. We will read them out on the show, we just didnt have any time this week to squeeze it in.

pv4
05-10-2017, 06:59 AM
The Lawrie pod had a lot of interesting insights and confirmations. Thanks fellas for doing that. The notable points for me:
- It was good to hear Lawrie admit fault for the kits being rushed.
- Roy O'Donovan is a marquee (or designated) player - wow, did not expect that. Very interesting to hear that confirmed. I think it says a lot about the wages of all our other players more than anything, which we can obviously judge how we'd like. It felt almost Robbie Middleby esque to hear that Roy thing tbh "we don't have a marquee but Ryan Griffiths gets paid a lot".
- "tell us why you think the MAG is good?"... "we will not discuss Ljubo Milicevic". What a weird way to take that on, it was barely on subject and if he didn't want to discuss it, don't bring it up yourself ffs :oops: also just the entire premise that he won't be discussing it in that pod or MAG meetings just further shows what a fraud & coward Lawrie is, plus gives us a genuine snapshot of his management style and exactly whose club this currently is and isn't, IMO. If he wants to appear transparent.. be transparent.
- It's really poor to hear that we're a couple of days away from the season, 10 years since 07/08, and Lawrie has said we've got nothing yet planned for the decade celebrations.
- "I'm waiting for the hard questions" - us fans need to pick up our game ffs :rof::oops:

Thanks Dave & phernz, outstanding work on both those pods.

Jeterpool
05-10-2017, 09:11 AM
The Lawrie pod had a lot of interesting insights and confirmations. Thanks fellas for doing that. The notable points for me:
- It was good to hear Lawrie admit fault for the kits being rushed.
- Roy O'Donovan is a marquee (or designated) player - wow, did not expect that. Very interesting to hear that confirmed. I think it says a lot about the wages of all our other players more than anything, which we can obviously judge how we'd like. It felt almost Robbie Middleby esque to hear that Roy thing tbh "we don't have a marquee but Ryan Griffiths gets paid a lot".
- "tell us why you think the MAG is good?"... "we will not discuss Ljubo Milicevic". What a weird way to take that on, it was barely on subject and if he didn't want to discuss it, don't bring it up yourself ffs :oops: also just the entire premise that he won't be discussing it in that pod or MAG meetings just further shows what a fraud & coward Lawrie is, plus gives us a genuine snapshot of his management style and exactly whose club this currently is and isn't, IMO. If he wants to appear transparent.. be transparent.
- It's really poor to hear that we're a couple of days away from the season, 10 years since 07/08, and Lawrie has said we've got nothing yet planned for the decade celebrations.
- "I'm waiting for the hard questions" - us fans need to pick up our game ffs :rof::oops:

Thanks Dave & phernz, outstanding work on both those pods.

I don't necessarily believe he admitted fault, however the reasoning behind it is the same we've heard year on year. It's always last minute.

Re: the MAG question, yeah it wasn't where I was going with it. I wanted to understand what value he saw in the group but it went in a different tangent.

And the 10 year thing concerns me too. The club should be all over that. Make it the biggest celebration of the year. It's our biggest achievement as a club - celebrate it.

Also thanks for giving my name away. Robert Dillon is one step closer to learning my true identity now.

hawk
06-10-2017, 01:06 AM
Also thanks for giving my name away. Robert Dillon is one step closer to learning my true identity now.

eggs have no names

furns
06-10-2017, 04:47 PM
5th episode for the week - Around The Grounds - now up and ready for listening.
We hope everyone has enjoyed the content leading into the season kicking off this weekend.

Jetmaster
08-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Surely this weeks match review deserves a double episode...stuff being concise!

Jeterpool
08-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Surely this weeks match review deserves a double episode...stuff being concise!

Ha ha. I'm not hosting the review either! Seems I only do losses

furns
10-10-2017, 10:25 PM
F3 Derby review episode posted today
Around The Grounds ep2 will be up in the morning

Jeterpool
23-10-2017, 10:54 AM
A final, extended, Championship Chronicles teaser was released this morning.

Hope you all enjoy!

furns
26-10-2017, 01:59 AM
review of the Brisbane game went up Tuesday and included a great chat with rhysd about the Vargas injury
Preview of the WSW game will be up in the morning. No chat with WSW supporters as we already spoke to them a few weeks back for the Around The Grounds Rd1 podcast episode and we'd basically be talking over the same points. Please feel free to cycle back and have a listen. All previous episodes are available via newcastlefootball.net/podcast (http://newcastlefootball.net/podcast)

BTW as mentioned on the previous episode, Around The Grounds got some great download numbers however we dont think that it is sustainable as a weekly show in a 10 team league. We will bring it back mid season to discuss with the other clubs how they are situated at the midway point of the season, and then again in the final rounds to review the clubs seasons' and their success or failure to qualify for the finals.

turbojetfireV8
26-10-2017, 07:20 AM
in light of Vargas confirming he fractured his fibula and ruptured the medial ligament in his ankle, is it possible to ask Rhys how that will impact on his prognosis?

rhysd
26-10-2017, 06:30 PM
It essentially means that he will, once healed, have a stable again ankle and be free to carry on his life as a professional footballer.

The tibia (weight bearing bone) is intact. The Physio at the club will try to keep him as fit as he can whilst he heals and then will just require the time to rehabilitate back to near on full strength which he should do so quite seamlessly.

Hard to predict when youre not the one involved directly, but about 4 mths should do it.

turbojetfireV8
26-10-2017, 09:42 PM
thanks Rhys for the comments, appreciated. I was a little concerned at the ramifications of the ankle ligament injury, Ronny's FB post mentioned it but I don't think Bert did, which made me wonder what to make of that

Jeterpool
06-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone there's likely to be a delay with the release of the pod tomorrow morning. Shouldn't take to long to fix. I just don't know how and Furns is on Night shift

furns
07-11-2017, 08:49 AM
yeah soz guys, pod is now up. We were out of server space, so I upgraded the website hosting plan.

Jeterpool
05-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Latest episode reviewing the loss to City is now available.

First episode that Joel has hosted. That's 3 debutants hosting this year!

Jeterpool
19-12-2017, 09:37 AM
We had a really good chat on the pod about Wayne Brown, the right wing position, Joe Champness, Glen Moss and also the crowd in Newcastle.

Hope all the subscribers enjoy the pod

Jetmaster
28-12-2017, 09:20 AM
About to go and walk off 3 kgs of food - no pod this week to assist me?

Geez you think you guys would have better things to do at this quiet time of year!

:pissup:

Jeterpool
23-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Championship Chronicles are released early today given we didn't record last night. Enjoy

StannyCFCJET
24-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Hahahahaha Knew I was getting a mention as soon as you called Chelsea plastic. Torres was rubbish except for that goal vs Barcelona. The 50mil goal we call it haha

Jeterpool
25-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Hahahahaha Knew I was getting a mention as soon as you called Chelsea plastic. Torres was rubbish except for that goal vs Barcelona. The 50mil goal we call it haha

:grin:

la bazzle
26-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Long time listener, first time poster. Can’t believe you aren’t just showering Pato with love. He has no flaws. Disappointed in you Fernz

Jeterpool
09-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Episode out this morning previewing the W-League semi-final.

Jeterpool
14-02-2018, 10:49 AM
For those who listen/subscribe it's been 3 years to the day since the podcast was relaunched with Furns, Pv4 and me.

furns
17-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Derby review episode ready to go for the morning
We have slowly reworked the release time for 4am Tuesday/Thursday mornings - mainly because I do shift work :)
Has this been a benefit for anyone or has it made it harder to see the episode on social media?

Hopefully over next few days I can get my software sorted out and begin recording again. I am hoping to rope in some opposition fans to run another Around The Grounds series to wrap up the other teams' seasons and preview the Finals.

furns
24-04-2018, 07:40 PM
live recording session starts in about an hour for the semifinal preview. Any questions/comments/etc chuck them up here

Couscous
29-04-2018, 12:48 AM
You all agreed to leave Boogaard on the bench against City. This was the wrong call.

furns
29-04-2018, 01:50 AM
You all agreed to leave Boogaard on the bench against City. This was the wrong call.
We never claimed to be anything more than fans chatting about the games mate, if we were professional football types we'd be doing this for a living instead of in our spare time :)

Jeterpool
29-04-2018, 07:04 AM

I don't think we said we'd bench him. We debated the risk associated with starting him. As Furns said we're just fans and after all it's a game.of opinions. Not everyone is going to.be bang on

Couscous
29-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Yeah, that's fine guys, but just stop hating him.

Jetmaster
29-04-2018, 11:36 AM

I didn't hear hate on the pod?

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2018, 11:42 AM

Calm down Garry

Jeterpool
02-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Podcast being recorded tonight. We will have a special guest joining us. Someone who was on the Championship Chronicles!

StannyCFCJET
02-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Podcast being recorded tonight. We will have a special guest joining us. Someone who was on the Championship Chronicles!

Griff griff griff

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 09:18 AM
Griff griff griff

It wasn't quite Griff, but he's the Griff equivalent in Newcastle media broadcasting - Aaron Kearney.

Far too classy for us.

samus
03-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Great pod this week yall. Got my nips hard as dragon scales.

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Great pod this week yall. Got my nips hard as dragon scales.

Thanks for the feedback, less so the mental image :rof:

Jetmaster
03-05-2018, 01:53 PM
What a fantastic coup to get Aaron on the pod. He knows his stuff.

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 02:04 PM
What a fantastic coup to get Aaron on the pod. He knows his stuff.

Makes for a change from the normal dribble we sprout ha ha

Bon
03-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Makes for a change from the normal dribble we sprout ha ha

Its a shame that pv4 isn't getting a spot now that the season is over for the Mariners..
I've heard he is in "Europe" atm...

Bon
03-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Just finished listening.. Great work as always!!
How good is Aaron, bloody legend..

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Just finished listening.. Great work as always!!
How good is Aaron, bloody legend..

He was terrific :) an absolute gentleman and very generous with his time. We really appreciated his insight.

The Hacker
03-05-2018, 03:50 PM
He was terrific :) an absolute gentleman and very generous with his time. We really appreciated his insight.

Wish they would bugger of Speedy and give us Aaron on Fox

Jetmaster
03-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Brisbane have Chester Meredith, Perth have Harnwell, Adelaide have Dom and Travis. Fux could do worse than use Aaron in some capacity.

Creating a serious profile for Dr Em boys. Getting a cult following and hearing "she sounds hot" comments around the traps. Add the high media profile and you have created a monster.

Jeterpool
04-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Creating a serious profile for Dr Em boys. Getting a cult following and hearing "she sounds hot" comments around the traps. Add the high media profile and you have created a monster.

We will pass on the feedback.

For those interested there's one more, quick, podcast out today.

Jetmaster
04-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Probably the first pod that brought a tear to the eye - some emotional, heartfelt comments that showed both the passion true fans have had and frustration we have suffered.

A victory tomorrow would be an enormous tear trigger and flood the stadium!

gussie_l
05-05-2018, 12:28 AM
1st post..... long time foz lurker..... i come to watching the a-league some four years ago as it was available on free to air. Supported the Jets for those four years with the last three as a member. That is, i've been here half a dog watch. No footballing background apart from playing it a little (badly) as a kid. I'm south of Sydney and couldn't support the Sydney teams and the deflated jets sucked me in..... I guess being pretty remote i can't make local games but make the away one's in Sydney. Its high time to pay tribute to the good peeps behind the Jetstream Podcast. I consume it religiously. The effort you guys put in is amazing and it keeps me abreast with what is really going on. I realise it must be a joy for you all but also very time consuming and it is greatly appreciated by a distant fan. Superb and honest analysis, very informative and good folk. This week of pods too were unreal. Many thanks!

The Chronicles (hard to believe and makes no sense) i have superstitiously shelved until the season is over. Something to look forward to in the offseason. The contributors that have been drawn is very impressive, well done on putting it together - i can't wait.

So i got to see Stubbins, to Millertime, to Jones, to Ernesto. Yes, the pain along the way. Not as much as most of you have seen. This season seems to all come down to good people. Ernesto, Griffiths and McKinna appear to have targeted to recruit "good people" as much as they were targeting talent and built a great culture and belief. Then for Ernesto to extract the best out of this group on a budget that would be down the ranks compared to the wealthier clubs is highly impressive. This capability of him is something special. As Clayton Zane was reported to say on Ernesto "He’s just a calm manager and he’s very good across all aspects all the way through to delivering sessions on the field. He finds the right words to say, whether it be a harsh word or a friendly word. I think he’s worked out how life works". The playing group have responded so well! Finally the Bossman Martin Lee. In the end, he is the one forking all this money out so that we can enjoy it all. Yes, he does it for his reasons, but still we greatly benefit from it. I recall on one of the preseason pods where you guys (Furns?) interviewed McKinna and he detailed the financial loss Lee made last year on the club and then also detailed the loss that was likely to be made this year with all the extra spend but with a belief on the locals. And then he gives all the reigns to the locals and doesn't seem to interfere..... I can't but help to be very impressed by him.

This Foz also provides much much humuor! To the Foz contributors, keep up the nice work. Also much thanks to TurboJetV8 for all the media links. It is greatly appreciated.

One sleep to go...... Go the JETS!!!

Jeterpool
05-05-2018, 06:44 AM
If this is your first post I look forward to the rest!

I reply better when I am on a computer but welcome and thank you for the kind words. It's been difficult to keep to momentum of podcasting up but we've got a great team of volunteers.

Enjoy the chronicles. Can't wait to hear your favourite part.

The Hacker
05-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Probably the first pod that brought a tear to the eye - some emotional, heartfelt comments that showed both the passion true fans have had and frustration we have suffered.

A victory tomorrow would be an enormous tear trigger and flood the stadium!

Can you pop the link for the podcast in here please guys

Jeterpool
05-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Can you pop the link for the podcast in here please guys

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2018/05/the-jetstream-preview-s13-grand-final-qualitative-podcasting/

Also check out your podcast app. Subscribe to us in there. Search Jetstream

Jeterpool
05-05-2018, 01:16 PM
We will be at wests from 3pm today before heading to the stadium and broadcasting from the front from about 6

If you see us come say hi. Don't be shy. Genuinely keen to meet and talk to you.

gussie_l
05-05-2018, 01:23 PM
If this is your first post I look forward to the rest!

I reply better when I am on a computer but welcome and thank you for the kind words. It's been difficult to keep to momentum of podcasting up but we've got a great team of volunteers.

Enjoy the chronicles. Can't wait to hear your favourite part.

Cheers for that. Good to see you guys were referenced and also appear in the media this week! Also great feedback from Aaron re: the pod.

On an aside, thought this was quite good from "Boiz Lifestyle" - "Newcastle Jets Pre Grand Final Interviews | McGree, Petratos, Boogard + More"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeirnrSh-Ik

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Currently working on an interview with Lawrie and Ernie. Will seek to.clarify the visa situation.
Won't be for a while due to other commitments

Jeterpool
25-05-2018, 02:15 PM
As I mentioned, I'm working on an end of season podcast with Lawrie. Ernie is on leave so we won't get him.

We will look to ask fans questions as usual! Put your questions to Lawrie below.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2018, 02:31 PM
As I mentioned, I'm working on an end of season podcast with Lawrie. Ernie is on leave so we won't get him.

We will look to ask fans questions as usual! Put your questions to Lawrie below.

What is the key position the club have identified to strengthen and what kind of player are they looking for said position

Jeterpool
25-05-2018, 02:50 PM
The club have a high proportion of players coming off contract next season. With the introduction of 2 new teams to the league, what is the club's strategy to manage a potential player exodus?

belchardo
25-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Who do you think should be chosen to join the league and why?

Who do you think will be chosen?

Jetmaster
26-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Will the club take the ACL qualifier more seriously that others (Brisbane)? No matter what the standard of opposition qualification is a must.

Jeterpool
26-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Follow up to that is the FFA cup too

Jeterpool
28-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Interview lined up for Wedensday. Get your questions in people!

Macca
28-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Asian visa spot - is it happening? What positions and/or nationalities are being targeted? Marquee / first XI / squad member?

baldrick
28-05-2018, 03:56 PM
What’s the plan for pre season this year ?

Are we chasing a friendly or two against some European teams now we’re the real deal ?

pv4
28-05-2018, 08:20 PM
- Will there be young players loaned abroad, like Champness & Burke were last season? If so, whom and where to? If not, why not?
- Last season we went into the year with a pretty thin list of strikers, and I feel like we rode our luck with how well Andrew Nabbout was able to cover when Roy O'Donovan was out injured or suspended. Is there plans to recruit a few strikers to cover Roy's 10 week loss, as well as cover for if he gets injured or suspended again?
- Whom will be the scholarship players for this upcoming season?
- Will there be 3 different kits for this upcoming season? Will fans be given input and say into kit choice, design, colours, etc? Is the Novocastrian colours of emerald & cinnamon planned to be used? Please remind Lawrie that the last time the membership base were given a voice, 76% of members voted for e&c. Ask him if there is any poll in which he thinks more than three quarters of our membership would agree on (please).
- How is Labi progressing as youth coach?
- Why was Glen Moss taken to the Hong Kong tournament and not our regular GK coach?
- Whom were the standout players at the Hong Kong tournament?
- Will the coaching team be identical next season?
- Will the new physio be announced soon, or has it already?
- Will ACL tickets be apart of our membership package, or will we need to buy seperate tickets for any ACL games?
- Would the club, and the owner, look to help subsidise travel and tickets for fans willing and keen to fly abroad for potential ACL away games?
- Will the Jerks Legends F3 Derby game happen again this season? Will it happen in Gosford again or will we be treated to hosting it in Newcastle for the first time? Whom organises the squad list, and will it be the same as last year?
- Please provide an update on Jerks shaped hats. I have no idea why I didn't write this question first.
- Does the club continually monitor NPL leagues from around the country for potential players? If so, how do they do this? Is there an official scouting network setup in the club or is it more word of mouth?
- Will we do better, the same, or worse against CCM next season? How much change do you predict down there now that secret agent Okon has left?
Thanks

MFKS
28-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Jet Shaped Hats does Lawrie realise how much money we lost by not having these GF week??

Are the club planning on cultivating some us against the FFA and their chosen elite mentality.

The favouritism to Sydney FC Melbourne Victree etc is a disgrace

What are we doing as a club to develop the mentality that we going to punch above our weight and stick the injustices where the sun dont shine

Hutcho
29-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Gold strip?
Youth player to watch for next season?
Your ideas for promotion and encouragement of active support? I read somewhere that you have some experience in that field.
Free membership for registered junior players when accompanied by an adult? I remember the breakers doing this for a few years

Jeterpool
30-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone, questions are now closed.

Plenty submitted, by Pv4 in particular, and I will get to as many as I can.

belchardo
30-05-2018, 09:26 AM
damn, i was going to ask about jets shaped hats.

EDIT: it's OK, member had that covered.

Jeterpool
30-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Podcast recorded this afternoon. Will be released in the next few days. Lots of topics covered - thank you as always everyone who contributed questions.

Yes - Jets shaped hats were discussed. I suggest we need to start an online petition for something worthwhile and possibly achievable...Jets shaped hats, not Grand Final replays. Use that as evidence to submit to Viva. Lobby them hard via social media.

Kit colours for next season are revealed. I saw the proto-types and they look good. The 3rd kit is like nothing we've had before so you'll have to listen to the pod.

Chatted about a few players too - leaving and re-signing.

Membership details for next season are discussed. Discussion about plans for pre-season which are really exciting.

Jeterpool
07-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Interview with Lawrie McKinna has been released

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2018/06/the-jetstream-speak-to-newcastle-jets-ceo-lawrie-mckinna/

StannyCFCJET
07-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Interview with Lawrie McKinna has been released

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2018/06/the-jetstream-speak-to-newcastle-jets-ceo-lawrie-mckinna/

I feel like a junkie getting his fix

goaliepersempre
07-06-2018, 05:13 PM
I will go to Madrid.. european correspondent. :)

Jeterpool
07-06-2018, 06:01 PM
I will go to Madrid.. european correspondent. :)

Sound out Lawrie. Will help where I can

Hutcho
08-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I feel like a junkie getting his fix

:thumbsup:

Tommyjet
08-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Great listen 👍👍👍👍

Couscous
08-06-2018, 07:48 PM
This was great.

I cannot understand the Member's dislike of our great, big, friendly, cuddly, Scottish chief.

MFKS
08-06-2018, 07:53 PM
This was great.

I cannot understand the Member's dislike of our great, big, friendly, cuddly, Scottish chief.

He is a Gypo FFS

Jeterpool
08-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Great listen ��������

This was great.

Thank you.

And thanks again to those who sent on questions!

StannyCFCJET
08-06-2018, 08:33 PM
He is a Gypo FFS

Done more for our club then most of the so called Newy blokes in charge

plague
08-06-2018, 08:36 PM
I cannot understand the Member

He is not meant to be understood.
He is meant to be praised, mocked, scorned and loved.

and banned, he is def meant to be banned.

Jeterpool
10-07-2018, 08:14 AM
We conducted an interview with Scott Miller last night. It went pretty late and pretty long (2 hours) so I am going to break it up into 2 podcasts and publish.

Yes we asked about his sacking, we asked about his shoes too.

Couscous
13-07-2018, 07:49 PM
I like listening, but want to give some honest feedback.

First: way too long on the World Cup stuff. It took almost half an hour to get to the Jets. Also, Scott has this circular style of talking that's heavy on management-speak. His comments on the Socceroos just weren't that interesting. I would have reined his long, winding pointless answers in and moved on more quickly.

Second: he may seem a nice bloke, but underneath that management-speak is constant, unrelenting self-praise. He is so, so up himself. I'm 50 minutes in and can barely stomach his narcissism. Hope I finish but it's a struggle.

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Idk, as great as the Jetstream is, it isn’t quite a big newscorp, getting the guest themselves is a great undertaking. Understand what you’re saying, but at the same time, you can’t really be like, uhhh, shut up now Scott. You ask a question, and you let him speak. There was one point when I think he was thanked for maybe signing to short term contracts or Stevie UG and moved onto the next question, and he backtracked to finish his answer to the previous question some more.

Think it’s more a reflection of him than the interviewers.

I listened to it whilst driving through Iceland so my mind was wandering a little, I rather enjoyed it. Some interesting perspectives. I wholeheartedly agree, he seems pretty arrogant and also boring with his manager speak. GVE was rather candid and honest about things and that was great. Miller was still very professional. Guess that’s him.

World Cup questions were relevant given his time in the setup and recent discussion.
Marathon effort though, I don’t know how you guys listened to him talk for 2 hours. Haha.

Couscous
13-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Oh, I agree it's more a reflection on him than the podders. But he's makes it really hard to keep listening.

Just feedback: gentle guidance to stay on track can be done inoffensively. It's the difference between, say, a good workplace meeting and a terrible meeting.

Jeterpool
13-07-2018, 09:25 PM
Appreciate the feedback. I agree that 2 hours was a long time hence my decision to break it up over 2 podcasts.

It's very difficult using Skype, as we do, with someone we don't know to interrupt and keep moving on. I think you'll have noticed we tried to move it along at time. It gets easier the longer we've been working together. As Brem said we were fortunate that Scott would talk to us. It's all in their own time and ours.

If it were face to face it would have been easier.

Stick with it the second part starts to move along a bit more.

Thanks for listening. I've got one more who has said they'll chat but my voice is still shot (as you'd have heard) and I'm flat out at work. Hopefully I'll get to it.

plague
13-07-2018, 10:02 PM
You need to secure the big interviews.

Like Plague.

baldrick
13-07-2018, 10:24 PM

Like Plague.

I'd legitimately pay good money to hear Plague on the podcast.

Jeterpool
14-07-2018, 07:38 AM

Like Plague.
Hit me up. First rounds on me.

We can run your voice like we did the Newy Jets Marquee from Twitter. Add to your illusion.

Couscous
14-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Can we all agree: GVE > Miller, in every way.

Jeterpool
14-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Gary certainly has a greater connection with the region and the club

Hutcho
14-07-2018, 04:13 PM
I respect the guy for coming back and having a chat with fans of a club after he's been given the axe. Its not as if he owes us anything.
I lost count for a while but I think "mentality" was said 18 times, so it definitely needed to be a 2 part pod.

The Dunster
14-07-2018, 05:59 PM
I respect the guy for coming back and having a chat with fans of a club after he's been given the axe. Its not as if he owes us anything.

He's all talk and no walk. Would be much better suited as leader of the Labour Party than as a football coach.

At least as Labour Leader you are expected to fail.

Hutcho
14-07-2018, 09:53 PM
He's all talk and no walk. Would be much better suited as leader of the Labour Party than as a football coach.

At least as Labour Leader you are expected to fail.

Maybe we need an interview with Hoff or Boogs to see if his opinion agrees with theirs, personally I was disappointed when he got the ass.

Jeterpool
02-08-2018, 02:19 PM
We're back recording tonight to preview the FFA Cup. We'll be discussing the squad departures and the recruitment strategy as well.

Shoot any questions though

Jetmaster
03-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Will be great to hear your dulcet tones again.

gussie_l
12-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Albeit my response a little late, i thought the pods with McKinna and Miller were great. Some excellent insight. Really good to hear this. Thanks for doing!

Miller has had some pretty impressive exposure os and rather ballsy the way he pushed himself into the scene. Good to hear some of that stuff around recruiting etc during his time at the Jets.

I'd say we're privileged to have McKinna as CEO. Al-round the culture at the club seems to be on song.

Jeterpool
12-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Albeit my response a little late, i thought the pods with McKinna and Miller were great. Some excellent insight. Really good to hear this. Thanks for doing!

Miller has had some pretty impressive exposure os and rather ballsy the way he pushed himself into the scene. Good to hear some of that stuff around recruiting etc during his time at the Jets.

I'd say we're privileged to have McKinna as CEO. Al-round the culture at the club seems to be on song.

Cheers gussie. Appreciate the feedback

Hunter403
13-09-2018, 03:35 PM
I enjoyed the podcast but Miller is f7cking hard to listen to. Always sounds like he want to impersonate some text book. Makes him sound dumb as he forgets the question he has been asked.

I looked up verbose in the dictionary and all I found was a picture of Miller.

StannyCFCJET
13-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Way too up himself but he did some good things for us so its 50/50 for me

Couscous
13-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Way too up himself but he did some good things for us so its 50/50 for me

You know, the sad thing is that many forumites seem to genuinely like, and to believe he "did some good things".

Compare the Miller love to the ridiculous, near-universal hatred for our only title-winning coach, a true Newy legend.

StannyCFCJET
13-09-2018, 06:17 PM
You know, the sad thing is that many forumites seem to genuinely like, and to believe he "did some good things".

Compare the Miller love to the ridiculous, near-universal hatred for our only title-winning coach, a true Newy legend.

I don't hate you anymore after the Championships chronicles and Miller got us away from the wooden spoon and signed guys like Stevie U and Noddy so he did do some good, Add in the 4-2 in gosford and breaking the gosford duck

Jeterpool
13-09-2018, 10:44 PM
I looked up verbose in the dictionary and all I found was a picture of Miller.

:rof:

furns
19-10-2018, 08:37 AM
A plethora of episodes over the past week to get you in the mood for the season starting tonight.
Dave has already posted episodes over the past week with fans from Glory, Victory, City, Sydney, WSW, Brisbane and Adelaide.
This morning sees my interviews with Phoenix as well as the interviews I did with Lawrie and Ernie.

If you downloaded the episodes for Phoenix and Ernie already, they may be silent. Something went wrong when I exported them as mp3's. I have re-exported them and uploaded them to the website. If you have already downloaded those episodes and they are just silence, please delete and redownload them and they should work :)

furns
23-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Review episode uploaded and ready to go. Also double checked it before I uploaded it to make sure its not 1hr of silence :lol:
Bodes, pv4 and Lucas join me for this one. And Im back for this season after recording setup problems last season meant I was unavailable for a majority of it.
With Dave aka Jeterpool away a lot with work from now on, we will be sharing the hosting duties around a lot more this season.

Very happy to announce that we are now listed on both Spotify and Google Podcasts!! Just search Jetstream Podcast to add us in those apps :thumbsup:

StannyCFCJET
25-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Great first week of the pod, Glad you guys are back. Offseasons way too long

furns
02-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Happy to announce that you can now also listen via TuneIn to the podcast as well as Spotify, Stitcher, Google and Apple Podcasts. All subscription links (as well as all prior episodes) are at our podcast landing page newcastlefootball.net/podcast (http://newcastlefootball.net/podcast)

furns
25-02-2019, 01:24 AM
A lot of great feedback on the interviews with Scott McIntyre previewing the Persija and Kashima games. Probably something we haven't pushed much this season - interviews with journos and experts. Are there any particular people that the foz might be interested in hearing from? Aaron Kearney joining us for the Grand Final preview was one of our most popular episodes in our history.

StannyCFCJET
25-02-2019, 09:47 AM
A lot of great feedback on the interviews with Scott McIntyre previewing the Persija and Kashima games. Probably something we haven't pushed much this season - interviews with journos and experts. Are there any particular people that the foz might be interested in hearing from? Aaron Kearney joining us for the Grand Final preview was one of our most popular episodes in our history.

Love all the guest interviews. Maybe see If more past players or even current would jump on for a chat

MFKS
25-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Any particular people ??

Griff wouldnt be a bad shout out

furns
26-02-2019, 03:43 PM
We've already interviewed Griff a number of times, but we will definitely be looking to catch up with him as its been a while plus to get his perspective on football operations.

For those who didnt see the social media post, we were unable to record a review episode last night due to the availability of contributors. We will record a combined review/preview episode on wed night which will be available thursday morning.

plague
26-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Any particular people ??

Get Plague on to talk movies.

Dunster on what life was like before fire.

Live cross to q-man previewing the 4th at the Gardens.

pv4
26-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Please DM me for a one on one plaguesey interview

The Dunster
26-02-2019, 05:56 PM

This is a show I'd subscribe to. Well done Plague.

q-money
26-02-2019, 06:06 PM
happy to talk sick beats

Jetmaster
26-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Grill the Member....

StannyCFCJET
26-02-2019, 07:09 PM
The people have spoken

MFKS
26-02-2019, 07:21 PM
We've already interviewed Griff a number of times, but we will definitely be looking to catch up with him as its been a while plus to get his perspective on football operations.

For those who didnt see the social media post, we were unable to record a review episode last night due to the availability of contributors. We will record a combined review/preview episode on wed night which will be available thursday morning.

You say like people are bored of listening to Griff

There is never enough Griff

Shots
26-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Get players that we haven’t heard from like Steve E or Ange C.

plague
26-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Please DM me for a one on one plaguesey interview

i dont do phone sex.

Couscous
26-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Furns: Martin Lee, please.

But that's unlikely, so can I suggest Lawrie again? I loved him, even if the Member didn't.

StannyCFCJET
26-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Furns: Martin Lee, please.

But that's unlikely, so can I suggest Lawrie again? I loved him, even if the Member didn't.

Adding maybe some of the other coaching staff

Jeterpool
08-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Will be recording an episode next week despite the weekend off.

We'll be looking ahead to the remaining 6 fixtures and discuss what we need to do in each (as a minimum) to reach the top 6 while also discussing the run in of the other 3.

furns
14-03-2019, 01:42 AM
F3 Derby preview will be up at 6am, spent quite a bit of time discussing the raging dumpster fire that is the Mariners.
Also the special that Jeterpool recorded with Dr Emma and Luke released on Tuesday dissects the final six games and what the Jets need to do to qualify for finals football is also available to check out before the game on Saturday

furns
14-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Soz all, for some reason I set the podcast to post on the wrong date :blush:
Have published on our website but for some reason posting the article to FB isnt working at the moment. Ill try to get it across the socials later this arvo

la bazzle
14-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Bit filthy mate, had to listen to the baldcast on the way to work. First and last time, wow that's bad

plague
14-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Soz all, for some reason I set the podcast to post on the wrong date :blush:
Have published on our website but for some reason posting the article to FB isnt working at the moment. Ill try to get it across the socials later this arvo

isnt Facespace down at the moment?
the kids cant post.
I have no idea if we should lock Hillary up today or not.

furns
14-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Bit filthy mate, had to listen to the baldcast on the way to work. First and last time, wow that's badhaha soz Baz, no one should have to listen to an hour of Andy Harper

isnt Facespace down at the moment?
the kids cant post.
I have no idea if we should lock Hillary up today or not.
Its all good mate, global outage now over - everyone can go back to memes and arguing over whether a Cheezel is doing a good job or not

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Unpopular opinion. I like the baldcast

belchardo
14-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Unpopular opinion. I like the baldcast

i don't mind it either really.

la bazzle
15-03-2019, 11:07 AM
i don't mind it either really.

Speedy is extremely painful to listen too

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Speedy is extremely painful to listen too

In commentary at times yes but I havent found him bad in the podcast

Jetmaster
15-03-2019, 03:16 PM
In commentary at times yes but I havent found him bad in the podcast

No - a strange man who basically shits me just by hearing his voice.

TBH - I never get bothered by Harps like some do. Both he and Ned obviously can't stand Speed's commentaries as they always challenge him.

Jeterpool
19-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone, we recorded a pod last night but turns out my microphone wasn't working so it was just Grant and Matt chatting after blank air.

There won't be a review episode unfortunately.

StannyCFCJET
19-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Hey everyone, we recorded a pod last night but turns out my microphone wasn't working so it was just Grant and Matt chatting after blank air.

Nah post it anyway. Would be more worthwhile then what saw on Saturday

belchardo
19-03-2019, 02:20 PM

post it, and give a prize to the person that can insert the best lines into the silence.

Jetmaster
19-03-2019, 06:38 PM
C'mon Dave, would be great fun replaying it by yourself and filling the silence!

furns
26-03-2019, 12:20 AM
recorded preview episode tonight, set to publish thursday morning as usual
few ppl travelling for work, to NZ, im away on holidays from tuesday etc so availability was a bit of an issue this week so we decided to record it early
Only myself and Luke, Matt was going to join us as a third but was suffering from poor internet (thx NBN)

Jeterpool
05-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Wolfman and I chat about the Jets v WSW in the podcast released today

https://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2019/04/the-jetstream-preview-s14rd24-do-it-for-jimmy/

furns
11-04-2019, 10:18 PM
podcast recorded with myself, Dave (Jeterpool) and Luke. Trying to be positive and failing miserably.
Enjoy :)

will be up in the morning

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2019, 11:38 PM
podcast recorded with myself, Dave (Jeterpool) and Luke. Trying to be positive and failing miserably.
Enjoy :)

will be up in the morning

So a liverpool podcast?

Jeterpool
12-04-2019, 08:09 AM
So a liverpool podcast?

Luke's a United fan :roflz:

Jetmaster
12-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Luke's a United fan :roflz:

So what was the go with Ipswich?

Jeterpool
12-04-2019, 03:16 PM
So what was the go with Ipswich?

He likes them too.

Jetmaster
12-04-2019, 08:23 PM
One of those guys who has a "real" team that used to be good...Forest, Leeds, Villa, Ipswich, Derby....but needs that EPL team to watch live every week!

furns
22-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Finally - we get to discuss a comprehensive win. Review of the annual Brisbane 3pt donation will be available from 6am with myself, Luke and Matt.

Jetmaster
24-07-2019, 08:58 AM
So - are we getting Lawrie in front of the mic again preseason boys or can't the Jets afford it.

furns
26-07-2019, 10:25 PM
So - are we getting Lawrie in front of the mic again preseason boys or can't the Jets afford it.
Closer to the season commencing - yes

Couscous
01-08-2019, 10:04 PM
❤️ Lawrie. He's great on the podcast.

furns
21-08-2019, 09:04 AM
New episode posted this morning previewing tonight's FFA Cup clash with Edgy.
Previous episode is also available covering off the surprise win away to Victory

pv4
28-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Review of FFA Cup game:
https://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2019/08/the-jetstream-review-ffa-cup-rd-of-16-wessi-or-messi/

Couscous
28-08-2019, 09:32 PM
I listened to the whole podcast. I don't always. Thank you.