PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Jetmaster
19-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Sorry finish to Culina's career....and Tiago gets an extended gig...

The Sky Blues have added to their defence by landing Pedj Bojic and resigning Tiago Calvano, while former midfielder Jason Culina has announced his retirement

Sydney FC coach Frank Farina has stiffened his rearguard with the signing of former Central Coast Mariners right-back Pedj Bojic and returning central defender Tiago Calvano.

The moves continue Farina's efforts to rebuild his squad, having already signed left-back Marc Warren and welcomed the loan return of attacking midfielder Nick Carle.

The announcement comes just a day after former Australia international midfielder Jason Culina retired, having fallen out with Farina and departed the Sky Blues in February.

"We're delighted Pedj and Tiago have joined Sydney FC," Farina said via club statement.

"... We needed to strengthen our defence and bringing them into the squad does that. Pedj is a quality defender, who also offers a lot going forward, and has been a critical part of a winning side for the last few years. Tiago showed me he has all the characteristics that this club needs to succeed during his short spell last year."

Sydney-born Bojic, 29, spent five seasons at the Mariners, playing a key role in the club's maiden championship in the 2012-13 season.

"I'm a Sydney boy and it feels right to be playing with Sydney FC. It feels like home. I can't wait to start pre-season training and do whatever I can to get Sydney FC back to the top of the A-League, where it belongs," he said.

Calvano made nine appearances after signing on short-term deal with Sydney FC towards the end of the 2012-13 A-League season.

The 32-year-old Brazilian moved to the Sky Blues from the Newcastle Jets, having also spent time at Barcelona B, MSV Duisburg and Young Boys Bern earlier in his career.

"I'm very happy to be returning to play for Sydney FC," he said.

"I'm very much looking forward to the start of the season and think we can achieve a lot this year."

Thomas477
19-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah it's a shame for Culina. He always seemed like a nice bloke.

Also, great news that Tiago is staying in the A-League, great fun to watch.

belchardo
19-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Also, great news that Tiago is staying in the A-League, great fun to watch.

not so much when he isn't in your team.

MFKS
20-06-2013, 01:07 AM
NEWCASTLE defender Scott Neville believes he is ready to put his best foot forward next season after conceding he struggled physically and mentally in his first campaign with the Jets.

Neville played in 18 games last season after arriving in Newcastle from Perth Glory, but by his own admission the 24-year-old was disappointed with his contribution.

A lingering groin injury that Neville sustained just before the season-opener did not help his cause, restricting him on the field and gradually eroding his self-belief.

"Obviously it knocks your confidence a bit and you can't play to your full potential, but I'm big enough to say that I didn't play how I wanted to play all season," Neville said yesterday.

"I had a couple of good games but just enough consistency throughout the season.

"It was just a lack of confidence and lack of form. Disappointing overall, I'd say."

Neville, who played 63 games for Perth in four seasons before joining Newcastle, weighed up off-season surgery to repair his adductor muscle but decided that would be his last resort.

"I was close to having surgery, but me, the physio and the club doctor put a procedure in place where I've got to do a lot of extra rehab, a bit of pilates, and it's just getting stronger and stronger by the week," he said.

"I've been back in full training about a week and a half now and I'm just looking forward to kicking on."

Neville was hoping to play "half a game" in tonight's pre-season trial match against third-tier Newcastle University at Ulinga Oval, South Cardiff.

With Newcastle's Young Socceroos Adam Taggart, Andrew Hoole, Connor Chapman and Josh Brillante and marquee striker Emile Heskey all overseas, Neville said tonight's hit-out was an early opportunity to impress.

"It gives a chance for all the boys to put their stamp on their position and hopefully nail it down," he said.

"It's a test of our match fitness and also what we've been working on.

"We have to make sure we're nice and sharp and get through the game."

Asked about his plans for the coming season, Neville replied: "Just to be more consistent . . . this year I have to come back and show what I'm worth."

Just more blatant lies and bullshit PR from the Jets. Neville is shit point blank injury no injury

MFKS
21-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Round One HAL Odds

Sydney FC $1.82
Draw $3.40
Newcastle Jets $3.80

Umm I Know we are shit but does everyone else know so are Sydney:whistling:

Jeterpool
21-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Round One HAL Odds

Sydney FC $1.82
Draw $3.40
Newcastle Jets $3.80

Umm I Know we are shit but does everyone else know so are Sydney:whistling:

That's great odds. Even for the draw

GazFish35
21-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Draws nearly always open that high.
There's money to be made betting on draws.
I know.

furns
21-06-2013, 03:07 PM
anyone else had their seats changed by the club in their latest membership pack? I have been in bay 1 for the last five seasons without issue, and now the club has decided to arbitrarily switch me to bay 3.

Jeterpool
21-06-2013, 04:18 PM
anyone else had their seats changed by the club in their latest membership pack? I have been in bay 1 for the last five seasons without issue, and now the club has decided to arbitrarily switch me to bay 3.

I don't think so - I'll have a better look and check it out now you have pointed to it.

BodyNovo
21-06-2013, 05:22 PM
they might be changing bay 1 to GA?

My2BobsWorth
21-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Bay 3, directly in front of bar, perfect. Also better view of shocking offside decisions by bald sidelinesman

furns
21-06-2013, 06:09 PM
somehow I think the inhabitants of bay 3 may object to a drum suddenly in use within their midst

My2BobsWorth
21-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Pfffft, who takes a drum to a soccer game

Bluebeard
21-06-2013, 07:47 PM

I haven’t, my understanding is that you have been identified to move so you can expand the squadron by drumming up interest in bay 3.

militiamon
21-06-2013, 08:13 PM
....dad please, not in front of my friends.

furns
22-06-2013, 01:05 PM
lolz

pistolpete
22-06-2013, 01:28 PM

Yeah my row b bay 1 has become row b bay 3

q-money
22-06-2013, 01:37 PM
my membership is reportedly unfinancial or something, what does this even mean or what look like how does babby formed

Bluebeard
22-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah my row b bay 1 has become row b bay 3

Your job is to carry the drum for furns

GazFish35
23-06-2013, 05:45 PM
The membership pack says the easiest way to renew is to go online.
And that my seat is reserved for me till Friday.... Making me assume its all sweet for to log on and hand over my hard earned coin to uncle Nathan.

Am I missing something?
Because **** me, I'm going round in circles. I thought these ****ers wanted my money.
Can't seem to find the "pay" bit, logged in and all that Shiz just not going anywhere.

q-money
23-06-2013, 05:49 PM
a total cluster****

which is not surprising really, it's the ****ing jets

GazFish35
23-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Been logged out about five ****ing times too.

Might go over to their face book page so they can ignore me there.

My2BobsWorth
23-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I was under the impression that you couldn't renew till wednesday

GazFish35
23-06-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm starting to get that impression myself.
I had initially read "on sale" as something separate fom renewing.

belchardo
24-06-2013, 02:14 PM
FOOTBALL Federation Australia has confirmed a ballpark pricetag of $15 million for anyone wanting to buy A-League Premiers Western Sydney Wanderers.

No time frame has been put on the sale but au.fourfourtwo.com has been told the right buyer would need to embrace the strong community ethos of the club.

The fledgling side's huge on-field success in its inaugural year, passionate fanbase and Asian Champions League qualification are seen as key selling points.

A community ownership model has not been ruled out entirely despite the appointment of investment bank UBS to identify a private buyer.

FFA representatives met recently with UBS executives to finalise the appointment, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review.

The governing body originally suggested bankrolling the franchise for three years but in March it emerged the outfit could be offloaded much earlier.

Parramatta City, where the club has its home ground, has enjoyed a huge economic boost on the back of the Wanderers success story.

And club executive chairman Lyall Gorman said the club has become an increasingly attractive commodity for sponsors.

Responding to questions about the future ownership of the club in January, Gorman said: “The aim is to build the club and get the building blocks and the foundations strong.

“When they’re strong and I suppose, in inverted commas, bullet-proof, you could transition it into an external ownership and feel comfortable that the club’s culture and brand was protected.

“That would be the time to have those discussions but we’re a way off getting those foundations to the level we want to get them to.”

Gorman has always insisted that the club’s culture would need to be robust before transferring to a new ownership model.

According to AFR, Wanderers director Paul Lederer, the majority owner of food manufacturer Primo Smallgoods with an estimated wealth of $630 million, has been pinpointed as a potential buyer of the club.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/274790,ffas-15-million-pricetag-for-wanderers.aspx

pffft, one season and they want $15 million. can understand why they are trying to get if off their books before the second season drop off.

Pico
24-06-2013, 04:28 PM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/274790,ffas-15-million-pricetag-for-wanderers.aspx

pffft, one season and they want $15 million. can understand why they are trying to get if off their books before the second season drop off.

Not to mention the AFC implications, the AFC is dead set against the Feds having a hand in leagues, so how do you think they will feel when our fed rocks up to the ACL with the FFA run team from the FFA run league.

If the AFC was to strip the WSW of their ACL entry could you imagine the RBB/WSW fans sook-fest, not to mention the loss of any potential exposure to Asian investors/sponsors.

militiamon
24-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Jeez, any investor would be lucky to make $1 back from WSW let alone $15 million.

q-money
24-06-2013, 05:43 PM
how do you make 360 million dollars from selling salamis ffs

MFKS
24-06-2013, 05:55 PM
how do you make 360 million dollars from selling salamis ffs

By selling a lot of them

belchardo
24-06-2013, 06:38 PM
at more than it costs you to make them.

Pico
25-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Familiar face in conditioning role
By JAMES GARDINER
June 24, 2013, 11:38 p.m.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c1200x678/silverstone-feed-data/7cb4a5d0-5edf-4ea9-b710-434f15efcb84.jpg
RETURN: Karl Dodd, with Ben Kennedy behind, trialling for the Jets in 2009.

KARL Dodd was on the end of an infamous kick from Joel Griffiths which earned the former Newcastle striker a red card in 2008, and he trialled with the Jets a season later.

Now, the former A-League defender has the important task of getting the Jets in prime physical shape as they aim to end a three-year run without finals football.

Dodd, who made 60 appearances for Brisbane Roar, Wellington Phoenix and North Queensland Fury, has taken over from the Lee Clark as Jets football conditioner.

The 32-year-old former centre back, whose brother David is playing for Edgeworth in the Northern NSW State League, has undertaken sports science and training courses since completing his career with a season at TWS Pegasus in the Hong Kong first division in 2012.

From the Gold Coast, Dodd has encountered a wet start to his tenure since arriving in Newcastle last week.

The Jets were forced to move training to Blacksmiths yesterday but remain hopeful the trial against Plattsburg Maryland at Ulinga Park tomorrow night will go ahead. Their first trial against Newcastle University last Wednesday was washed out.

"It's frustrating but there is nothing you can do about it," Jet coach Gary van Egmond said. "Ray Watt is a very good surface and normally holds up well. When there is sustained wet weather it doesn't get a chance to dry out.

"We are very grateful to Belswans for allowing us to train out there on a sand-based pitch. Nelson Bay, Hunter Valley Grammar School and Weston have also assisted us at various times."

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said the situation highlighted the need for an all-weather pitch in Newcastle and added further weight to Northern NSW Football's calls for funding from the NSW Government for a proposed $11.3 million facility at Speers Point Park.

The Jets have two places to fill on the roster and the Herald understands negotiations are advanced with a central defender and attacking midfielder.

● Edgeworth were confident of finally playing their postponed Northern NSW State League game against Lambton Jaffas tonight at Jack McLaughlan Oval.

The 7pm game will be the fourth time the match has been scheduled and it was set to go ahead if there was no more rain.

The fourth-placed Jaffas will be shooting for their fourth straight win and equal top-spot, while second-placed Edgeworth will go outright first with a victory.

www.theherald.com.au/story/1594484/familiar-face-in-conditioning-role/?cs=306

Can see it now, the CB will be unveiled as none other then..... Karl Dodd, player/coach role, why pay two people when you can pay one.

We should also be able to save on the bunnings plastic chairs for the coming season.

q-money
25-06-2013, 10:25 AM
dodd(y)

belchardo
25-06-2013, 10:46 AM
has undertaken sports science and training courses since completing his career with a season at TWS Pegasus in the Hong Kong first division in 2012.

so let me get this right. we fire a strength and conditioning coach with years of experience. we replace him with a guy who has been training and working as a S&C coach for at most 18 months.

makes sense to me.

toad
25-06-2013, 10:53 AM
dodd = visionary

would welcome him in to the team as captain/conditioning-coach/libero.

we already have a song for him and everything.

pv4
25-06-2013, 10:54 AM
so let me get this right. we fire a strength and conditioning coach with years of experience. we replace him with a guy who has been training and working as a S&C coach for at most 18 months.

makes sense to me.

They'll put it down to wanting a football person

Tommyjet
25-06-2013, 10:58 AM
I did read somewhere he did most of his training while he was playing, not sure if he did uni or something else

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 11:46 AM
dodd = visionary

kkkkaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! !!!!

militiamon
25-06-2013, 01:47 PM

makes sense to me.

These were might immediate thoughts as well. I don't really understand the football phenomenon whereby players who have only been retired for a year or two get parachuted into these kinds of positions after very limited time practising. How do you choose someone with 2 years education + experience over someone with 20 - 30 years education + experience?

I dunno, maybe there are other factors at play here, but it just seems strange to me.

Grimario
25-06-2013, 01:50 PM
These were might immediate thoughts as well. I don't really understand the football phenomenon whereby players who have only been retired for a year or two get parachuted into these kinds of positions after very limited time practising. How do you choose someone with 2 years education + experience over someone with 20 - 30 years education + experience?

I dunno, maybe there are other factors at play here, but it just seems strange to me.

North Queensland Fury... who ran that club into the ground again? Mates looking after mates.

pv4
25-06-2013, 01:53 PM

I think what they think is someone like Dodd, a former professional player, realistically has more than a couple of years experience. He's been through rigorous pre-seasons, he's dealt with club physios, he's had his own training regimes. Maybe experience as a player equates to some form of experience for the job. I'm not saying he's more suited or better than clark, I'm just saying maybe that's how former players are looked at.

You'd also imagine someone with 20-30 years experience would drive a much bigger price than someone with bugger all experience. Maybe the perceived pros outweigh the perceived cons.

plague
25-06-2013, 02:17 PM
dodd = visionary

Some of you blokes need to listen to Toad more often.
Bloke makes truths.
Bring on the Dodd era.

MFKS
25-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Some of you blokes need to listen to Toad more often.
Bloke makes truths.
Bring on the Dodd era.

Jets are STILL undefeated in the Dodd era.

LONG LIVE DODDY

q-money
25-06-2013, 06:26 PM
the future belongs to the dodd loyalists

either you are with us or you are first against the wall

hail dodd

pv4
25-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Forza karl dodd ole ole ole

northern_swan
25-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Remember reading somewhere Dodd has a masters in exercise science? Can't hurt.

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Jets are STILL undefeated in the Dodd era.

LONG LIVE DODDY

No injuries either

hawk
25-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Remember reading somewhere Dodd has a masters in exercise science? Can't hurt.

Yep, its aerobics oz style, sign him up

How do you choose someone with 2 years education + experience over someone with 20 - 30 years education + experience?
the new guy might know the new tricks?

Tommyjet
26-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Finding a attacking mid is imperitive now that brown is gonna have another shit off-season. Not that he should of been first choice in that position anyway

plague
26-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah wassup with Browns surgery?
Was it a new injury or planned?

Tommyjet
26-06-2013, 11:11 AM
If he has another season like last he may well fade away to state league unless by some miracle gve's man management skills improve 100% and he manages to help brown fulfill his immense talent

Jetmaster
26-06-2013, 01:15 PM
There maybe a good reason but why was this operation not done 8 weeks ago ?

Jeterpool
26-06-2013, 01:32 PM
There maybe a good reason but why was this operation not done 8 weeks ago ?

My first thought. Maybe it was something that flared up at the start of pre-season but surely you know about and can see a bone spur??

26-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Perhaps the surgeon insisted upon C.O.D payment terms.

plague
26-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Perhaps the surgeon insisted upon C.O.D payment terms.

I'd say Middleby put him on the public waiting list.

Middleby out.

furns
26-06-2013, 05:34 PM
After speaking to the membership manager yesterday, have been informed all members have been moved out of bay 1 and reallocated.
Bay 1 apparently will only be in use via walkup sales if needed. Apparently has to do with staffing levels or some shit.

I am going to keep my seats as bay 3 for the time being, mainly for when my daughters occasionally attend a game, but will stand in bay 2 as normal.

MFKS
27-06-2013, 09:40 AM
If he has another season like last he may well fade away to state league unless by some miracle gve's man management skills improve 100% and he manages to help brown fulfill his immense talent

Umm if GVE's man management skills improved 100% he would still be ****ing hopeless. Try 50000%

Jeterpool
28-06-2013, 02:49 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1157648/Young-Jets-ready-to-fire-up

Actually not a bad read or interview by GvE.

28-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Talking to my nephew who has played against Chapman many times in his early days that Connor did play in a more advanced role til GVE got his hooks into him.

snake
28-06-2013, 06:59 PM
that probably explains his superior technique to others in his position / age group- see curtis good from the other night

nothing wrong with that tbh. john terry was a central mid in west hams youth. many others have made a similar switch with success.

joel31
28-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Osieck selects training camp squad

Friday, 28 June 2013 5:56 PM
Qantas Socceroos Head Coach Holger Osieck has selected 20 Australian-based players to participate in a training camp on the Central Coast, NSW, next week (Monday 1 July - Friday 5 July 2013) as part of the Socceroos preparations for the upcoming EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 in Seoul, Korea Republic.

The training camp will be held in Tuggerah and Gosford and is the first of three camps in Australia to be held in the lead up to the EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 to be held 20-28 July 2013.

Training camp squad - Central Coast 1-5 July 2013

Dario VIDOSIC - Adelaide United FC
Eugene GALEKOVIC - Adelaide United FC
Ivan FRANJIC - Brisbane Roar FC
Jade NORTH - Brisbane Roar FC
Matt SMITH - Brisbane Roar FC
Joshua ROSE - Central Coast Mariners FC
Mitchell DUKE - Central Coast Mariners FC
Trent SAINSBURY - Central Coast Mariners FC
Archie THOMPSON - Melbourne Victory FC
Mark MILLIGAN - Melbourne Victory FC
Mitch NICHOLS - Melbourne Victory FC
Nathan COE - Melbourne Victory FC
Craig GOODWIN - Newcastle Jets FC
Mark BIRIGHITTI - Newcastle Jets FC
Ruben ZADKOVICH - Newcastle Jets FC
Joshua RISDON - Perth Glory FC
Michael THWAITE - Perth Glory FC
Scott JAMIESON - Perth Glory FC
Aaron MOOY - Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Tomi JURIC - Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Rubes, Birraz and Goodwin all deserve it :grin:

evolution
28-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Young Jets ready to fire up

Newcastle coach Gary van Egmond says the quartet of Jets players competing in the Under-20 World Cup will return from Turkey more rounded and better equipped to handle the A-League as a result of the international experience.

“They have already had a good 12 months in the A-League, and on the back of a World Cup they should be coming in with a lot more confidence, so we’re really looking forward to their season,” Van Egmond said.

Twenty-year-old midfielder and right-back Josh Brillante, 18-year-old central defender Connor Chapman, 20-year-old forward Adam Taggart and 19-year-old midfielder and defender Andrew Hoole have each started in both of Australia’s group matches at the tournament so far.

Brillante scored a cracking goal from outside the penalty box that gave the Young Socceroos a 1-0 lead in the second game against El Salvador, but they went on to lose 2-1. Their first game, against Colombia, finished 1-1.

Australia must beat Turkey in the early hours of Saturday morning, our time, to have a chance of progressing beyond the group stage.

Brillante played 22 games for the Jets last season. Taggart played 19, Chapman 17 and Hoole eight.

TWG asked van Egmond, who obviously knows these players better than anyone, to tell us where he thought their individual games were at:

BRILLANTE

“Josh is quite versatile, can play right-back or in the midfield. If you ask him, he prefers to play midfield. He has gotten better technically, and also improved in terms of his understanding of the game, which is really good. He’s a humble, quiet guy, but really goes about his business well and gives 100 per cent on the training track. He’s very coachable and eager to learn. It’s great to see him progressing nicely.”

CHAPMAN

“Connor is extremely ambitious to be a footballer. He has a real hunger for it, and is good leadership material. He captained the Joeys when I had him, and showed very good leadership skills there, and those skills will come to the fore as he gets more experience. He is very comfortable at centre-back when we’re in possession, and he’s defensively solid as well. I think he’s got tremendous potential.”

TAGGART

“Adam’s got an extremely good finish. He’s very sharp, and makes fantastic runs in the front third. He can dribble and score, and can finish one touch from a cross. There are a few areas in which he can get better, but he’s very effective and he has already made great strides, so he is another one who is developing well. He just needs to keep working hard and keep his head down, and he’ll keep developing.”

HOOLE

“Andrew is probably the rawest of the four. He has fantastic athleticism and a real will, an extremely positive mentality. He’s very good at going past players and creating opportunities, so I think from that perspective there’s plenty of scope to work with him in regard to his positioning and how he becomes more effective there. From a technical aspect, we can keep on working with him in regard to keeping the ball under pressure and his passing range. It’s great to see him progress so quickly, and hopefully he can keep progressing at that rate.”

There has been a lot of talk that Chapman, because of his confidence in taking the ball forward, might eventually play from in front of the defence, or in midfield.

Asked if he regarded that as a possibility at the Jets, van Egmond replied: “Connor would be suited fantastically if we had the old 3-5-2 system and he could take the ball forward, like a Franz Beckenbauer figure who could come into the midfield and play.

“The game has changed, but it’s still not a bad thing for him to inject himself forward like that. Depending on the system you want to play, and against the opposition system, there are opportunities for that, but the most important thing for him is that he’s comfortable.

“That sort of talk came out of him starting to run the ball, which came a little bit out of frustration and the desire to win, more than anything. But, as I said, he’s developing very nicely.”

Van Egmond said the way Turkey play gives Australia a reasonable chance of getting the result it needs to advance in the youth World Cup.

“Turkey are the home team, so it will be an extremely tough game,” he said. “But they also need to get at least something out of the game to qualify, so it should be a really entertaining game. Both teams like to knock it about.

“Hopefully, Turkey will look to come out and play against us, and press high against us, and that might give us a better opportunity of getting in behind them and beating them.”

Van Egmond said his Young Socceroos should be ready to handle more responsibility when the new A-league season begins.

“We’ve worked hard with them and now is the time for them to really establish themselves as A-League players, and not be looked upon as a young player or up-and-coming player,” he said.

“The transition from youth player to A-League player is not an easy one, but it’s good that these players got so much time with us in the competition last year. They have really benefitted from that, and we’ve got some other good young players who will get a chance as well this season.”

Sauce: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1157648/Young-Jets-ready-to-fire-up

My2BobsWorth
30-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Reportedly talking to Nathan Burns, don't know a lot about him

Grimario
30-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Reportedly talking to Nathan Burns, don't know a lot about him

Only thing you need to know is that we have "talked" to him every season since he left Adelaide, from memory.

My2BobsWorth
30-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Apparently wants more exposure to Holger, so wants to return to HAL. Has had knee probs, but how good is he?

Tommyjet
30-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Apparently wants more exposure to Holger, so wants to return to HAL. Has had knee probs, but how good is he?

My opinion is he would be a socceroos squad regular without the injuries he has had, bit like Richie Garcia but quicker, well he was before injury, not sure now.
He wasn't in the squad for incheon utd last game

seldom
30-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Nathan Burns again...fvckn lol

Premy
30-06-2013, 11:19 PM
This is old news heard this about 3 weeks ago

Premy
30-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Jets in talks with Nathan Burns
From the transfers thread 3weeks ago.

Premy
30-06-2013, 11:33 PM
GVE will be on soccer stoppage time tomorrow night

GazFish35
01-07-2013, 09:06 AM
From the transfers thread 3 seasons ago.

Fixed.

Grimario
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
GVE will be on soccer stoppage time tomorrow night

GVE drinking game...

One shot whenever he mentions...

- having more possession
- how we need to make better use in the final third
- last year being a great learning experience for the young guys
- being a work in progress
- a player with "good engines"
- needing "one or two experienced players"
- needing a player with "the x-factor"
- playing good in patches
- rebuilding the squad

Mostly grabbed from the cliche thread.

01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
GVE drinking game...

- having more possession
- rebuilding the squad

GvE still being a salesperson.

GazFish35
01-07-2013, 11:41 AM
how we need to make better use in the final third

ha!

had just strted working on something.....

http://www.images-graphics-pics.com/signs/safety/default.aspx?text=%0D%0AFINAL+THIRD%0D%0AAPPROACHI NG&title=Change+Title&color=black&bottom=Whitesmoke&fontsize=30&move2=&move=-1&font=signage&back=Yellow&titcolor=&titsize=50&titmove2=&titmove=&titfont=signage&allow=926&top=caution&pic=godzilla-monster-movies

Onehunglow
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
GVE drinking game...

- having more possession
- rebuilding the squad

You forgot - "We controlled the mainstay of the game"

shagga
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Also,

"We are playing a high pressing up tempo short passing game"

Although I don't think passing the ball backwards can be classified as up tempo.

Premy
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Fixed.

Lol

MFKS
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Just got an email from Middleby and co saying we have passed the 3k Member mark.

There was nothing in it about how many of those were Auto renewals where people are now trying to cancel as they don't want in

q-money
01-07-2013, 04:24 PM
hey, was anyone else previously on the 11 buck a month thing and then just got stung for the full whack of your membership?

bit rude imo

MFKS
01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
A-League players have traded a greater share of the pie for increased financial security after a deal was struck to extend the current contract for a further two seasons.

The new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which expires in June 2015, was announced by the Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) on Monday.

The deal will trigger only a slight change in the salary cap, with the current $2.478 million being lifted to $2.5m for the 2013-14 season and $2.55m in 2014-15.

The minimum wage also received a minor boost, up from $48,000 to $50,000 a season.

However, the new deal will help the PFA invest over $4m in player education and development programs over the next two years.

FFA club distribution payments will also be tied to salaries, ensuring players get paid, avoiding similar situation as caused by defunct franchises Gold Coast United and North Queensland Fury where players were left in limbo when the clubs folded.

"Our well-documented concerns, particularly around insurance and contract security have been met," Brendan Schwab, co-founder of the PFA, said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Players will know with much greater certainty that their contracts will be met, and we will not have the unfortunate circumstances that occurred at clubs such as North Queensland and Gold Coast."

Schwab noted the investment in players' off-field careers and wellbeing was a "quantum leap on the current situation and something we regard as very, very important".

Schwab was flanked by PFA president Simon Colosimo and A-League chief Damien de Bohun at FFA headquarters for Monday's announcement.

He admitted it was a modest increase to the salary cap, especially given the new $16m broadcasting deal with SBS and Fox Sports.

"The only reason the PFA would agree to that is we're satisfied the players are already taking home more than a fair share of revenue, and now is the time to invest in the security of the clubs and also the security of the players in education and development," Schwab said.

De Bohun said consideration was given to a longer agreement.

"Obviously we have a new broadcast rights deal and in the end we agreed two years was a good amount of time to get more certainty around exactly what things look like," he said.

The new A-League season kicks off on October 11 with a clash between Sydney FC and the Newcastle Jets at Allianz Stadium.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/a-league-players-strike-a-deal-for-a-minor-increase-to-salary-cap-minimum-wages/story-e6frf4gl-1226672553297#ixzz2XllYONqu

Glad to see the parasites at the PFA have actually done the right thing here and allowed the clubs to grow and support themselves properly after they have been sucked dry in recent years by the CBA.

01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Just got an email from Middleby and co saying we have passed the 3k Member mark.

There was nothing in it about how many of those were Auto renewals where people are now trying to cancel as they don't want in

Most would be auto renewals without a doubt.

Thomas477
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Glad to see the parasites at the PFA have actually done the right thing here and allowed the clubs to grow and support themselves properly after they have been sucked dry in recent years by the CBA.

Totally agree Member, no point getting increased wages if the club can't support the increases.

Premy
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I missed the GVE interview but they just said we're still trying to get burns on a loan deal. The Korean club are playing hard ball and won't pay him out of his contract so there trying to loan him out. Might work in our favor I think we could slot him in on a minimum contract and have the Koreans pay the rest of his wage

belchardo
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
I missed the GVE interview but they just said we're still trying to get burns on a loan deal. The Korean club are playing hard ball and won't pay him out of his contract so there trying to loan him out. Might work in our favor I think we could slot him in on a minimum contract and have the Koreans pay the rest of his wage

the blokes in charge aren't smart enough to work out such a complicated deal. remember this is the club that let their leading goal scorer leave without a transfer fee (or at most a very small one).

Rocknerd
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
hey, was anyone else previously on the 11 buck a month thing and then just got stung for the full whack of your membership?

bit rude imo

Yeah, they tried hitting me up for the full amount too, but I never have that kind of green in the account so it rejected and they emailed me to call them (because they're to o cheap to call me) and sort it out. They gave me some computer glitch excuse where as I think their system is just ****ed.

GazFish35
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Bit rough.
The parasites, as you call them, have worked hard over many years to ensure the "club v country" argument is less of a battle, and worked from a rather powerless position in regards to the administration of the sport to solidfy the position the game had, and demanded administrators worked harder to get the game to where it belongs.
Plenty more to do, but to call the PFA parasites, I think is bit rich.

The real parasites are the FTA channels who have invested zero in the game over the past 30years but want a slice of the action when manU, Liverpool or Beckham FC come to town.

snake
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
agreed. pfa has nothing compared to the teachers unions. holding children hostage.

GazFish35
02-07-2013, 02:56 PM
agreed. Pfa has nothing compared to the teachers unions. Holding children hostage.

qft.

q-money
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
who would want to look after their own kids all day?

snake
02-07-2013, 03:11 PM
get a dog ffs

Pico
02-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Bit rough.
The parasites, as you call them, have worked hard over many years to ensure the "club v country" argument is less of a battle, and worked from a rather powerless position in regards to the administration of the sport to solidfy the position the game had, and demanded administrators worked harder to get the game to where it belongs.

The real parasites are the FTA channels who have invested zero in the game over the past 30years but want a slice of the action when manU, Liverpool or Beckham FC come to town.

Its interesting looking at the current successful past season of the HAL, looks amazingly similar to the "Parasites" professional league plan that was released a year prior to the NSL task force report, with the recommendations like smaller stadiums, ideal locations for clubs & fan integration all key recommendations.

Also don't get the idea that its the players wages that are causing the huge losses, in a salary capped league SFC still lose millions, that's not all the players fault. Stupid Owners & stupid administrators would have wasted more then their fair share of funds.

Every club has the right to sign young players pay them the minimum wage and then sign a couple of visa players to reach the salary floor, much like the jets are doing these days, fact is club owners will spend beyond their means at least this way the players don't get burnt for the owners decisions.

Ironic they mention the Fury and GCU, last time I checked, FFA shut down GCU, not their owner & did the same thing with Fury and that is where a lot of the players wage security concerns originated from.

plague
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
So Middleby understands that the PFA understands that clubs need to be viable.

Yet Middleby doesn't seem to understand that giving away assets for no return is kind of the opposite of being viable.

Anyone else super happy this bloke is running the show?

Grimario
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Ecstatic. We couldn't have an unhappy player on the books who didn't want to be here, was definitely in the clubs best interest to let him go instead of forcing him to stay against his will.

militiamon
02-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I reckon Sir Alex got it wrong back in 2008 when Ronaldo wanted to leave United go to Madrid. Should definitely have just released him on a free then and there, no point forcing him to stay against his will.

Hail Middleby!

plague
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Ecstatic. We couldn't have an unhappy player on the books who didn't want to be here, was definitely in the clubs best interest to let him go instead of forcing him to stay against his will.

Not enough sarcasm emoticon.
Some people may think you're serious.

plague
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I reckon Sir Alex got it wrong back in 2008 when Ronaldo wanted to leave United go to Madrid. Should definitely have just released him on a free then and there, no point forcing him to stay against his will.

Hail Middleby!

See Grimario.
THAT'S how you do it.

Hail Militiamon.

Grimario
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Not enough sarcasm emoticon.
Some people may think you're serious.
It's a new financial year, I've put all my cynicism behind me and fully support the club.

plague
02-07-2013, 06:21 PM
It's a new financial year, I've put all my cynicism behind me and fully support the club.
So did I, but it's now July 2nd and all hope is gone again.

Grimario
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I take at least a week to have all hope beaten out of me :gent:

pv4
02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Come on guys. Middleby confirmed that the got a transfer fee for RG.

He wouldn't tell us what it was, but have faith that our second most expensive player was sold for the second most expensive price

GazFish35
02-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I reckon he traded him for a Star Wars figurine.

Grimario
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I reckon he traded him for a Star Wars figurine.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/SWM2/Anakin_zpsac230e6d.jpg

GazFish35
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Nah, he's into the old stuff.
Gotta be from the eighties.

parksey
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
i bent my wookie

plague
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
yeah, every chick i pull at the club is always smoking hot.
SMOKING HOT.

i dont have any photos or anything,or remember her name, but trust me. hot hot hot.

MFKS
03-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Bit rough.

The same PARASITES who see the blokes playing for the Socceroos are ridiculously well paid money that could go to grass roots not to line Timmy and Lucas and co's pockets

The same PARASITES who see the Socceroos players who go to Brazil take home approx 5million out of the 12 million that FIFA give the FFA money that could go to grass roots Timmy and Lucas and co's pockets

The same PARFASITES who see the HAL clubs have minimum Salary Spend of 90% of the salary cap inflicting suffering/death on clubs as they are forced to spend 90% of the salary cap whether they are in a position to afford it or not

The same PARASITES who see hacks like Steve Pantaledies Josh Mitchell etc paid ridiculously high to impersonate professional footballers thanks to the minimum salary.

The same PARASITES that have a salary cap in the HAL of 2.5 million despite the fact most clubs income can't cover it

The same PARASITES who have been holding the game back in this country for the last couple of years by talking the FFA into deals that were well in the PFA's favour even if the numbers didn't add up.

Yep why should I be happy with these parasites holding the progress of the game up in this country??

Premy
03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Four Four Two have reported that Melbourne Heart are trying to sign Gorgios Karagounis.
That should add some more spice to the Derby given they already have Kewell now

plague
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
The same PARASITES who see the blokes playing for the Socceroos are ridiculously well paid money that could go to grass roots not to line Timmy and Lucas and co's pockets
O

The same PARASITES who see the Socceroos players who go to Brazil take home approx 5million out of the 12 million that FIFA give the FFA money that could go to grass roots Timmy and Lucas and co's pockets

The same PARFASITES who see the HAL clubs have minimum Salary Spend of 90% of the salary cap inflicting suffering/death on clubs as they are forced to spend 90% of the salary cap whether they are in a position to afford it or not

The same PARASITES who see hacks like Steve Pantaledies Josh Mitchell etc paid ridiculously high to impersonate professional footballers thanks to the minimum salary.

The same PARASITES that have a salary cap in the HAL of 2.5 million despite the fact most clubs income can't cover it

The same PARASITES who have been holding the game back in this country for the last couple of years by talking the FFA into deals that were well in the PFA's favour even if the numbers didn't add up.

Yep why should I be happy with these parasites holding the progress of the game up in this country??

Heaps of horseshit there Member.
Heaps.

Zico
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM

You have no idea.

ForeverRed
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
You have no idea.
Bagging people again, nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

q-money
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
take it to the local forum m8

Zico
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Bagging people again, nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
:blah:

GazFish35
03-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Money that once upon a time went to administrators coffers not the players.... Meaning players often stayed in Europe with their clubs, mening our national team was rarely at full strength

About a fair cut tbh. And the two players you list actually invest back into grassroots football themselves. Plus... See above point, if our players aren't paid market value for their services to the national team just watch our national team falter. Why would ruka, oar, jimmy holland, Zullo kruse et al return to play for Australia and risk their livelihoods if they can get paid more securely to stay and train with their primary employer.

That's to stop a number of things......
Clubs stacking squads with 48k payers and greeting flogged every week.
Stopping players who could earn more coin in SE Asia leaving these shore too early
Help ensure the career viability of professional football in this country, by having clubs pay a respectable and not embarrassingly low wage by pro football standards.

Minimum salary is not ridiculously high. It's actually quite low watch the better players flee to higher paying leagues without it in place.
PFA don't make clubs offer bad players contracts. Clubs do that all by themselves.

It's widely recognized by most that the salary cap is actually too low, and hindering us holding onto players and attracting others to come home..... It's a balancing act between financially viable clubs and clubs able to attract quality players in global market.
Lower the cap so clubs stay alive...... With the standard drop..... Watch the crowds drop...... Watch the ratings drop...... Watch the tv revenue drop..... Watch the clubs fold....... Watch the league fall over...... Watch the port die again.

See all the points above.

Because they aren't holding progress up.
They are working to make sure it grows in a sustainable manner.

Things are rarely as one sided as you appear to think they are.
The world is a far more interesting place when you realise there's more than one reality.

q-money
03-07-2013, 06:46 PM
i wouldn't pay these retards any more than a cent over the minimum if i had the chance tbh

GazFish35
03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Then we need to find better players.

It's not the PFA's fault we give 100k contracts to 35k standard players. Or even 48k to a 35k standard player.
clubs need to be smarter at developing, and attracting better value players not simply paying bad players less.

MFKS
04-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Then we need to find better players.

It's not the PFA's fault we give 100k contracts to 35k standard players. Or even 48k to a 35k standard player.
clubs need to be smarter at developing, and attracting better value players not simply paying bad players less.

Hows it not??

They are the idiots who give us a minimum contract spend of 50k a player and they are the idiots who give us the minimum salary cap spend.

So straight away hacks like Pantaledis and Mitchell and McFlynn have to be paid at least 50k. Being that clubs also have to be reaching the 90% minimum spend thus forcing clubs to have to pay overs for players at times to reach this 90% minimum spend

plague
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
So straight away hacks like Pantaledis and Mitchell and McFlynn have to be paid at least 50k.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you dont offer them anything then they would get nowt (which is dead on their market value). Then you could go out and spend money on better players. It's a big world out there, those pelicans you mentioned aren't the only blokes who play football you know.

It's not the CFMEU mate,no players are 'owed' or 'worth' anything until artards like Middleby go and make them an offer.

Middleby out.

Also, things like rent deals, bloated back offices, having a team in a city full of poor people , travel expenses, and inability to sign sponsors due to exclusivity deals affect the bottom line more than player payments.

If done right players can actually make you money. It's just we keep giving any decent ones away for nothing.

Middleby out.

GazFish35
04-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Hows it not??

They are the idiots who give us a minimum contract spend of 50k a player and they are the idiots who give us the minimum salary cap spend.

So straight away hacks like Pantaledis and Mitchell and McFlynn have to be paid at least 50k. Being that clubs also have to be reaching the 90% minimum spend thus forcing clubs to have to pay overs for players at times to reach this 90% minimum spend

Oh my.
Do you even read what you write let lone read what others write?

It's up to clubs to find or develop 100k players and pay them 100k, not find bad players and pay them overs.
If the clubs can't do that, how is that the PFA's fault?

The policy actually encourages clubs to scout and pay market value, if they are not able to find good players that's their own issue.

Remove the 90% threshold and Tinks would have us running around with 23 young lads on 15k a season, while Goodwin, chapman, hoole, et al already off overseas. Imagine how the league would be then.

Would Kale be after a pro career in Australia without a minimum wage in place?
Or would already be lost overseas, or lost to football all together.

Now multiply that by 25-30000 youngsters playing the ame dreaming of maybe making a lying from the game.

At the other end of the age scale....
Would sasa ognenovski have left bricklaying if all Adelaide would offer him was 20k?
Now he's starting for the national team and helping us get to brazil.

I whole heartedly agree many in the league are being pyed more than thy are worth, but that not the PFA, its the clubs not being able to attract or develop better players.

belchardo
04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
wanderers have announced a game against canberra olympic on 15 August at the AIS.

http://www.capitalfootball.com.au/node/434#.UdVWfm3m5YQ

just in case anybody else lives in canberra and wants to see some football.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 01:03 AM
Oh my.
Do you even read what you write let lone read what others write?

Yes I do

It's up to clubs to find or develop 100k players and pay them 100k, not find bad players and pay them overs.
If the clubs can't do that, how is that the PFA's fault?

Can you enlighten me as to where all these 100k standard players are out there?? Do they grow on a tree somewhere?? HAL Clubs are stuck paying players 2.5million approx in wages. If the standards are shit they still have to pay 19 AUSSIES as they are only allowed 4 foreigners.

As for developing players how can the clubs do this when the SALARY CAP of 2.5million takes them up to financial breaking point as the crowds/sponsors etc are not there?? It's not like clubs have a spare million each to throw on Yoof development is it??

As a result the clubs are stuck paying for 19 average AUSSIE players well over what they are worth.

The policy actually encourages clubs to scout and pay market value, if they are not able to find good players that's their own issue.
Complete and utter bullshit. Shit players are guaranteed 50k if they are deemed good enough for a HAL contract. That isn't paying market value. The clubs also have **** all control over the standards of players being presented for HAL. This is down to the various State Feds and the FFA and their development programs. If they aren't working well then the clubs still get what shit they manage to produce good bad or ugly

Remove the 90% threshold and Tinks would have us running around with 23 young lads on 15k a season, while Goodwin, chapman, hoole, et al already off overseas. Imagine how the league would be then.

I have no ****ing problem if we had 23 blokes on 50k a year. This is a development league after all. Blokes who show promise and talent will always leave Australia for Europe. I would much rather our salary cap was 1.5 million and we were pumping 1 million into junior development. You may believe the league would be worse off but I don't. I think a pile of young fresh talented players looking to play professional football earning a living and then pushing off to overseas will see a vibrant league and benefit the NT

Would Kale be after a pro career in Australia without a minimum wage in place?
Or would already be lost overseas, or lost to football all together.

As opposed to now when we have hasbeens in Heskey and Neverwases in Bridges clogging up opportunities for him??

Now multiply that by 25-30000 youngsters playing the ame dreaming of maybe making a lying from the game.
Making a living from the game?? Blokes should want to be professional footballers for that not to make a quid out of it. There are far too many blokes making good dollars in this country from the HAL who wouldn't get paid squat elsewhere on the planet. That also being said. Compared to many other places in the world the talents of our players are inferior to many other professional players who get paid half as much

At the other end of the age scale....
Would sasa ognenovski have left bricklaying if all Adelaide would offer him was 20k?
Now he's starting for the national team and helping us get to brazil.

You seem to have made some massive assumption here **** knows why that I wish to see the players down getting food stamps for the soup kitchen. I couldn't give too ****s about a minimum wage being set. The 50k is probably about 10k over what I would like to see but I really don't care about that.
My gripe is more with the blokes getting paid 70k plus. For the job they do they would want to be special. They ain't The reports you hear of blokes on 120k a year or 150k a year and you think for what?? None of these blokes in our side are worth that with the dross they serve up.

Why do we have a $2.5 million salary cap when the NRL is around $ 5million?? The NRL has well over twice the income we do from TV sponsors crowds etc??

I whole heartedly agree many in the league are being pyed more than thy are worth, but that not the PFA, its the clubs not being able to attract or develop better players.
You can blame the clubs all you like for some shoddy recruitment at times. The clubs have had their hands tied behind their backs for the last 8 years by the FFA and PFA. These two groups have been striking deals with one another that the OWNERS of clubs have been bound too had to pay the price for so we can have a HAL. In the meantime we have lost many WEALTHY people from contributing to the game because of their dumb projections and deals never adding up. Money has not been spent in the last 8 years on the clubs where it should have been. Strengthening them and developing juniors. Far too much money has been frittered away paying A grade hacks over priced wages because of deals struck between the PFA and the FFA

belchardo
05-07-2013, 08:27 AM
FFS, can we start a thread exclusively for MFKS to whinge and other people to whinge back at him?

take it to PM.

MFKS has got to be the best troll on the interwebs.

belchardo
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
NEWCASTLE Jets players will haul their inspiration and namesake, an F/A-18 Hornet aircraft, across the tarmac at Williamtown in the name of charity on Friday.

The football club's name and logo depicts three F/A-18 Hornets based at Williamtown.

A fund-raiser for SIDS and Kids, Haul-A-Hornet will be held at No. 3 Squadron, RAAF Base Williamtown from 10.30am when teams of six will drag an aircraft 50 metres, aiming for the fastest time.

The Newcastle Jets will compete alongside 34 other teams.

No. 3 Squadron wing commander Tim Alsop said SIDS and Kids recently came to the aid of a squadron member whose life was shattered by SIDS.

looks like fun.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1618101/footballers-to-lug-namesake-aircraft-for-charity/?cs=305

GVE: "well, the season really took a turn for the worse when all those players got injured dragging a plane with a perfectly good engine across the tarmac. but it wasn't all bad, we got to blood a lot of youngsters because of that, which will help us in phase 29 of our rebuilding process."

belchardo
05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
SIX months ago he was still waiting to make his A-League debut for the Newcastle Jets.

Today Andrew Hoole’s remarkable rise will gain momentum when he is named in the Socceroos’ train-on squad for the East Asian Cup in South Korea this month.

The Newcastle Herald understands that Hoole and fellow Jets Josh Brillante and Adam Taggart have been added to the national squad preparing under coach Holger Osieck.

A squad of 20 Australian-based players have spent the past five days training on the Central Coast. They will regroup in Sydney on Monday, when Hoole, Brillante and Taggart join the camp.

Osieck will finalise his touring party on Friday week for Australia’s East Asia Cup campaign from July25.

Hoole, Brillante and Taggart returned this week from Turkey, where they played in all three games for the Young Socceroos at the FIFA under-20 World Cup.

They had been expecting to enjoy a three-week break but instead will train alongside Jets teammates Ruben Zadkovich, Craig Goodwin and Mark Birighitti under Osieck.

The progress of Hoole, Brillante and Taggart offered a glimmer of encouragement for Newcastle fans after the disappointment of missing the A-League finals for the third consecutive season.

Hoole was playing for Broadmeadow Magic just two seasons ago before he was elevated to the Jets’ youth team.

He made his A-League debut against Brisbane on January12 and by the end of the season had played in eight games.

In that brief window the 19-year-old right back showed enough potential to earn a contract extension and attract the attention of Young Socceroos coach Paul Okon.

Taggart had played 10 games for Perth Glory before linking with Newcastle last season.

After a handful of games for the Jets, mainly off the bench, he was a surprise selection in Osieck’s squad for the East Asia Cup qualifiers in December, scoring two goals in an 8-0 demolition of Chinese Taipei.

Brillante’s improvement was similarly spectacular.

The midfielder arrived in Newcastle after playing in 14 games for the now-defunct Gold Coast United and established himself as a mainstay, making 22 appearances.

He is yet to score a goal for the Jets but made his mark on the international stage, blasting home a 25-metre screamer for the Young Socceroos in their 2-1 loss to El Salvador.

That goal would have been noted by talent scouts around the world, and it is understood overseas clubs were quick to express interest in the bearded 20-year-old.

He is under contract to Newcastle for next season, but Jets officials would be unlikely to stand in his way if he received a chance to advance his career abroad.

The inclusion of Hoole, Taggart and Brillante in the Socceroos’ train-on squad is expected to be followed by another selection coup for Newcastle in coming days.

The Herald understands that the Jets will provide a player in the All Stars team for the blockbuster clash with Manchester United at ANZ Stadium on July20.

The two leading candidates are Zadkovich, Newcastle’s captain, and Goodwin, the left winger who trialled with Premier League club Reading at the end of last season.

Marquee striker Emile Heskey was the only Newcastle player to feature in the top 35 players voted for by the fans.

But Heskey is in England with his family and will not return to start training with the Jets until the beginning of August, ruling him out of the showdown with the English champions.

In his absence, it is understood Football Federation Australia is eager to have some Newcastle involvement in the high-profile game and are expected to confirm the inclusion of either Zadkovich or Goodwin in coming days.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1617940/socceroos-call-caps-hooles-swift-rise/?cs=306

GazFish35
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
looks like fun.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1618101/footballers-to-lug-namesake-aircraft-for-charity/?cs=305

GVE: "well, the season really took a turn for the worse when all those players got injured dragging a plane with a perfectly good engine across the tarmac. but it wasn't all bad, we got to blood a lot of youngsters because of that, which will help us in phase 29 of our rebuilding process."

Well played.

05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
How long will it take them to drag it more than a third ?.

Local Rules
05-07-2013, 09:44 AM
looks like fun.

The Jets team will probably end up dragging it sideways as the back four try to work out how to get it forward.

belchardo
05-07-2013, 09:47 AM
don't forget they'll take it backwards repeatedly to keep possession.

Raw Boned Youngster
05-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I worry about the future of the Jet- I expect it to spend some time in the hangar after this experience

Jeterpool
05-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I worry about the future of the Jet- I expect it to spend some time in the hangar after this experience

It'll be doing laps for not following instructions.

Local Rules
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
The FA18 may be too old for the Jets. GVE will be looking for a younger plane with better engines. It will have to have experience at the AIS (Aircraft Institute of Sport)

Grimario
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
The FA18 may be too old for the Jets. GVE will be looking for a younger plane with better engines. It will have to have experience at the AIS (Aircraft Institute of Sport)

So, you are suggesting GVE is searching for an FA16 if FA18 is too old?

Local Rules
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
So, you are suggesting GVE is searching for an FA16 if FA18 is too old?

Would be an FA35 now as the models go up.

Grimario
05-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Would be an FA35 now as the models go up.
Paging Captain Oblivious.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 12:06 PM
FFS, can we start a thread exclusively for MFKS to whinge and other people to whinge back at him?

take it to PM.

You think I am trolling??:roflz:

Its called discussion on a subject. Something you very rarely put forward. Deal with it

Captain Obvious
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Hi.

militiamon
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
lol this page :o

Jeterpool
05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
:hijack:

The off season is too long

Grimario
05-07-2013, 03:40 PM
It's official.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/275925,victory-release-marquee-star-marcos-flores.aspx

MELBOURNE Victory have released marquee star Marcos Flores from the remainder of his contract.

Flores's future at the club has been in doubt since they began negotiations to sign Greece veteran Giorgios Karagounis, 36, as their new international marquee.

Ange Postecoglou last month admitted to au.fourfourtwo.com that the move would mean there would be no room for Flores as a marquee signing if they pulled off the Karagounis deal.

Central Coast Mariners have since admitted they would be keen to bring Flores to Gosford next season - but it is blieved his wage demands may have stretched the Bluetongue side's budget.

Meanwhile Melbourne's talks with Karagounis have stretched on without resolve and were further complicated when Melbourne Heart also entered the negotiations to sign the current Greece captain.

Flores has been giving enigmatic hints about his future on Twitter in recent days, and earlier today promised to reveal an update on his situation at 8pm tonight.

He better be the attacking midfielder we are in advanced talks with.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 03:57 PM
It's official.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/275925,victory-release-marquee-star-marcos-flores.aspx

He better be the attacking midfielder we are in advanced talks with.

Why??

He is ****ing shit and over rated

Couple of great highlight reel goals with Adelaide and he has been an epic failure everywhere else since.

There is ONE good reason why Victory have gotten rid of him.
HE IS SHIT

PASS

russjaybee
05-07-2013, 04:05 PM
If only for his Twitter entertainment.

Grimario
05-07-2013, 04:23 PM
He is ****ing shit and over rated
PASS

Perfect for us then. Shit, overrated and can pass.

Jeterpool
05-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Perfect for us then. Shit, overrated and can pass.

Problem is Grim he passes forward. This is against the philosophy.

Could he keep up with our high tempo possession play?

Grimario
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Problem is Grim he passes forward. This is against the philosophy.

Could he keep up with our high tempo possession play?

He would look pretty good watching the ball fly over his head when we hoof it and bypass our midfield.

Grimario
05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
SMH Sport ‏@SMHsport 2m
BREAKING: Melbourne Victory star Marcos Flores signing with Central Coast Mariners

My2BobsWorth
05-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Probly be golden boot this year

Tommyjet
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Already hated Flores but now well hope there are no kids around when I get within ear shot of him at a game

militiamon
05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
+1 to MFKS's comments on this matter. Looking forward to the booing. Here's hoping he's even fatter this season.

Jeterpool
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
He would look pretty good watching the ball fly over his head when we hoof it and bypass our midfield.

Is there room on the bus for me to join you and the others...I'm finding more and more my posts are becoming very very cynical.

plague
05-07-2013, 09:21 PM
+1 to MFKS's comments on this matter. Looking forward to the booing. Here's hoping he's even fatter this season.

pffffft.
'sif the Member has ever been right about anything ever.
Bloke just loves noise.
mind, he's entertaining.

Captain Obvious
05-07-2013, 09:22 PM
pffffft.

Hi to you too.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 09:29 PM
pffffft.
Bloke just loves noise.
mind, he's entertaining.

No Plague i had no idea about the fat bloke wanting to join the Gypos. I have always thought he was overrated. That goal he scored at Hindmarsh against the Jets may have been great if it was Messi dribbling past the best players on the planet.

The fat **** only went past a few Jets players. Grand scheme of things nothing to write home about really

halo se7en
06-07-2013, 07:48 AM
When's the last time any jets player had a highlight reel, or even just a reel... I would have taken Flores in a heartbeat.

Grimario
06-07-2013, 08:51 AM
When's the last time any jets player had a highlight reel, or even just a reel... I would have taken Flores in a heartbeat.

What are you on about? Pretty sure Bridgey is often out fishing, so he clearly has a reel.

De-Champ
06-07-2013, 11:54 AM
No Plague i had no idea about the fat bloke wanting to join the Gypos. I have always thought he was overrated. That goal he scored at Hindmarsh against the Jets may have been great if it was Messi dribbling past the best players on the planet.

The fat **** only went past a few Jets players. Grand scheme of things nothing to write home about really
yeah right. I guess its much better having Heskey winning a header on the half way line where it means jack shit if he wins it or not.

Thomas477
06-07-2013, 12:26 PM

We had our fair share in the bloopers reel this season. Agree about Flores though.

hawk
07-07-2013, 08:58 PM
so why didnt we have a go for him?

halo se7en
07-07-2013, 10:00 PM
so why didnt we have a go for him?

Why didn't we go for Smeltz a few seasons ago? Because we're the Jets and 8th place is ****in awesome!!!!

militiamon
07-07-2013, 10:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2KNjVqRdy4

Jeterpool
07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2KNjVqRdy4

Lol

Jetmaster
09-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Why didn't we go for Smeltz a few seasons ago? Because we're the Jets and 8th place is ****in awesome!!!!

Because the club felt $400,000 a year was "too expensive"...........

Jetmaster
09-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Ummmm....

THE teenage son of former Socceroos star Robbie Slater has signed with A-League champions Central Coast on a three-year deal.

Sixteen-year-old Tom Slater joined the Mariners on Monday for his first pre-season training session as a full-time professional footballer, following a successful season with Sydney FC's youth team.

Slater, whose father was played 44 games for the Socceroos and became the first Australian to win the English Premier League title in 1994-95, said he was keen to work with coach Graham Arnold.

"Hopefully if I train well I'll get a shot," the left-winger told the Mariners' website. "I can see that he's (Arnold) done that with young players before."

Arnold said the Mariners were very lucky to nab Slater from Sydney FC, who were interested in offering him a deal.

"It's a good opportunity to develop him, educate him, and hopefully he'll end up a good product," said Arnold, a former Socceroos teammate of Slater's dad.

"Obviously Tom is the son of Robbie Slater, who is my good mate. I went and watched Tom on numerous occasions without his father around to make sure he has the qualities, and he does have the qualities."

The Mariners on Monday also announced the signing of Kiwi youngster Storm Roux on a two-year contract.

The 20-year-old right-back recently featured in all three of New Zealand's group matches at the Under-20s FIFA World Cup in Turkey.

However Roux, who made his A-League for Perth Glory last season, won't count as a foreign signing because he holds Australian citizenship.

"I got a big confidence boost when I found out a big club like the Mariners and a coach like Graham Arnold wanted me," Roux said.

FaroeMassive
09-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Jets being left behind again in the transfer market. Another 7th/8th is on the way.

Jets need a quality creative midfielder, dominant experienced centre half and a quality forward/winger.
GVE signs Joey Gibbs.

Mariners lose a creative midfielder, exprienced centre half and expreienced right fullback. Fill the void with a quality creative midfielder and experienced centre half and youth international full back.

Jets signing policy is RUBBISH!
When will we be rid of this numptie GVE!

Grimario
09-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Jets being left behind again in the transfer market. Another 7th/8th is on the way.
That's pretty optimistic. I've got us pegged for the spoon at present.

longshot
09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
If we had of signed Slater most on here would have complained saying another nursery signing by gve.
If we get burns it is a great signing. We do need experience for the last remaining spots though.
Especially the defensive spots.

q-money
09-07-2013, 12:42 PM
joey gibbs is the only hope for newcastle

Grimario
09-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Are you suggesting that Joey Gibbs is some kind of maniac who may kill GVE meaning we end up with a decent manager? If so, I fully support his signing and cannot wait for him to be Pinto'd.

BodyNovo
09-07-2013, 12:49 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2cynbmcOtnA/TPPw0zwaCTI/AAAAAAAABsQ/CgSIXKSFRjA/s320/sarcasm_detector.jpg

q-money
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
we are a club with great ambition

Grimario
09-07-2013, 12:54 PM
we are a club with great ambition

It's true. We aim to make the finals every season!

pv4
09-07-2013, 12:56 PM

wat
http://www.nswpl.com.au/typo3temp/pics/727d70f542.jpg

q-money
09-07-2013, 01:08 PM
hail dodd

GazFish35
09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
You lot are very young

FaroeMassive
09-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't think Burns can be hailed as a great signing. He's been sitting on the bench for the best part of 2 years.
Only consistent Football was in the Greek 2nd division, which with all due respect isn't renowned as a development centre.

It's a gamble signing.
I'd love to be proved wrong though.

longshot
09-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't think Burns can be hailed as a great signing. He's been sitting on the bench for the best part of 2 years.
Only consistent Football was in the Greek 2nd division, which with all due respect isn't renowned as a development centre.

It's a gamble signing.
I'd love to be proved wrong though.

At least he WAS quality when he was with the pissants. If he could be anywhere near that form he will be a good signing. If he is going to be on the right like Grif and is ordinary then I would rather see Virgili take that role at least him and Goody link up good with Heskey.

GazFish35
09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Have we signed him?

Jeterpool
09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Have we signed him?

No. That's why he isn't a good signing so far.

Foudn a website yesterday that said our average squad age at the moment, Joey Gibbs included, is 22.9 years old.

I hate to think what it would be without the two 34 year olds in Heskey and Bridges.

Every day I feel like we are going to have a long, long season ahead of us. We are more chance of getting the spoon than the finals.

Thomas477
09-07-2013, 05:09 PM
That's pretty optimistic. I've got us pegged for the spoon at present.

To be fair, Heart are a shambles too.

My2BobsWorth
09-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Some average ages for EPL teams, for the whole squad.

Fulham 27.5
Chelsea 26
Swansea 25.5
Everton 25.4
Man U 25.3
Man City 25.1
Spurs 25.1
Arsenal 23.2
Liverpool 23.2

Shows most teams go for a balanced squad

GazFish35
09-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Not a great comparison, we are a development league. Our squad should be young.
If I was Tinks I'd be doing the same, by good young cheap talent, develop them and sell at a profit.

Just need better coaching staff to add value to the kids.

There's money to be made.

Grimario
09-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Not a great comparison, we are a development league. Our squad should be young.
If I was Tinks I'd be doing the same, by good young cheap talent, develop them and sell at a profit.

Just need better coaching staff to add value to the kids.

There's money to be made.

I fully support the buy young, develop, profit model... but it all hinges on the coach being able to do that. GVE is not the man for the job.

My2BobsWorth
09-07-2013, 06:00 PM
That model is used all over the world, but you need to keep the average age of the squad up, not buy youth in bulk

plague
09-07-2013, 06:21 PM
We should just **** Middleby off.

That would probably help.

Grimario
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Elrich has signed with Adelaide.

tarek elrich®™ ‏@elrich11
Excited to begin the next chapter of my career @adelutd_fc looking forward to the challenge. #seeyousoonADELAIDE

militiamon
09-07-2013, 07:10 PM
^ Good news, hope he does well there. For me, ditching him still rates as the shittest thing GVE has done.

Neville :blush:

Thomas477
09-07-2013, 07:27 PM
We should just **** Middleby off.

Just this. Cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.

My2BobsWorth
09-07-2013, 08:39 PM
^ Good news, hope he does well there. For me, ditching him still rates as the shittest thing GVE has done.

Neville :blush:

He was crap

Tommyjet
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
He was crap
This

Jetmaster
09-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Ditto - sure Tarek was all Newy but what a liability on the pitch - sorry, he was, as just said, crap.

Grimario
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Ditto - sure Tarek was all Newy but what a liability on the pitch - sorry, he was, as just said, crap.

Tarek all Newy and crap > Neville shit hair and crap

seldom
09-07-2013, 10:07 PM
G he could cross a ball but...................:arse:

MFKS
10-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Love the doom and gloom.

Not saying we are now world beaters but I feel even with our ****wits in charge of the club the young kids we have will go better next season with a year of professional football under their belts together.

Sky isn't falling as much as some think.

MFKS
10-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Love the doom and gloom.

Not saying we are now world beaters but I feel even with our ****wits in charge of the club the young kids we have will go better next season with a year of professional football under their belts together.

De-Champ
10-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Sky must be falling.... I am seeing double

Jeterpool
10-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Love the doom and gloom.

It's not so much about the kids getting better, it's about seeing other teams around us recruiting stronger than we are.

MFKS
10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
And recruiting strongly is a guarantee of what??

A couple of year ago Adelaide bought Vidosic and were expected to be championship material. Didn't make Semis

Smurfs buy everyone every season and do **** all

Imyourhero
10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
And recruiting strongly is a guarantee of what??

A couple of year ago Adelaide bought Vidosic and were expected to be championship material. Didn't make Semis

Do you feel confident in the defensive stocks that we have atm?

plague
10-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Nah, Smurfs brought Adam Griffiths. That's why they are shit.

plague
10-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah, who wants to win now anyway.
Kids are the fewcha.

Tommyjet
10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
All hinges on the centreback we bring in. Forward line needs another creative type but a good experienced centreback is needed more

Grimario
10-07-2013, 01:25 PM
It doesn't matter who we bring in. We will still be shit playing the same bullshit style of football that Egghead thinks will win stuff.

plague
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
All hinges on the centreback we bring in. Forward line needs another creative type but a good experienced centreback is needed more

So apart from stopping goals and setting up goals, we're pretty sweet.

seldom
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM

lol

My2BobsWorth
11-07-2013, 08:35 PM
We have to go for a 433 this year don't we, with our stocks, or am I goin bonkers

Tommyjet
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Wouldn't say we are sweet, just think a quality cb gonna help ease the pain a bit more. Need quality further forward too but realistically can't see gve finding that quality unless he goes for a proven Aussie

Premy
12-07-2013, 02:37 PM
A new show will be on SBS in 3 weeks called the locker room. Will cover all things football with weekly special guess from the NSL days I believe the NPL will get a fair amount of coverage as well. Should be a good laugh too I post more about it when I find out more details

Jetmaster
12-07-2013, 02:54 PM
If any of Santo, Sam or Ed are on it it will be funny....don't want to rely on Foz and the donkey for mirth.

Premy
12-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Legendary NSL commentator Greg Blake, former Heidelberg United and EPL player Doug Hodgson and J.FOT. Format of the show will take on current football issues, as well as regular guest of past and current football identities. Will be shown on CH31 they have a few clips on youtube if your interested in it.

ToddG NBUnited
12-07-2013, 07:06 PM
got a link to any of the youtube vids?

seldom
13-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Legendary NSL commentator Greg Blake, former Heidelberg United and EPL player Doug Hodgson and J.FOT. Format of the show will take on current football issues, as well as regular guest of past and current football identities. Will be shown on CH31 they have a few clips on youtube if your interested in it.

This might be orrite

GazFish35
13-07-2013, 09:45 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaoQjRa9rt8

Premy
13-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Well this is embarrassing after doing a bit more research I found out it will only be showed in Victoria. Still there show will be shown on youtube every week if your still interested

Grimario
13-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Well this is embarrassing after doing a bit more research I found out it will only be showed in Victoria. Still there show will be shown on youtube every week if your still interested

Ah, so you were a bit premy-ture with your post then?

:gent:

Premy
13-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah living up to my name

militiamon
13-07-2013, 11:23 PM
So reports are in that Victory have signed Miccoli after missing out on Karagounis. Woah.

Massive signing, I don't follow Italian football that closely but he's been an ever-present figure in the Serie A for a long while now.

GazFish35
13-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Probably wants to get off Sicily before Falcone's ghost gets him.

Watch the herald sun have field day with this, if they bother to do their research on him.

militiamon
14-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Ya, I forgot to mention what a massive grub he is. Added to the boo list.

http://i.imgur.com/wweFzTa.jpg

plague
14-07-2013, 01:03 AM

If you were a chick and really good looking I'd so invite you to my birthday party.

De-Champ
14-07-2013, 10:56 AM
So reports are in that Victory have signed Miccoli after missing out on Karagounis. Woah.

Massive signing, I don't follow Italian football that closely but he's been an ever-present figure in the Serie A for a long while now.

Bit of a jpurney man, played at Benfica for a few years.

halo se7en
14-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Miccoli pffft. We've got Joey Gibbs.

MFKS
14-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Whats even more distressing is that there is no Gypos on Militia List.:wtf:

Flores links to Gyponess are limited. Wheres the real bonafide Gypo SCUM??

Premy
14-07-2013, 02:52 PM

Surely Matt (the grub) Simon and John (the crybaby) Hutchinson have to make this list.

militiamon
14-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Whats even more distressing is that there is no Gypos on Militia List.:wtf:

Flores links to Gyponess are limited. Wheres the real bonafide Gypo SCUM??

Astute as ever MFKS.

I'm definitely looking forward to booing Matt Simon again, good call on that Premy.

If you were a chick and really good looking I'd so invite you to my birthday party.

So that's a no to being invited to your 16th? :(

parksey
14-07-2013, 05:05 PM
why the **** am i not on your crushes list, mon?

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 05:33 PM
why the **** am i not on your crushes list, mon?

Because his crush on you is IRL not just on nf.net

joel31
25-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Burns excited to link up with Heskey

Thursday, 25 July 2013 10:00 AM

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets signing Nathan Burns says he is looking forward to forming a fruitful strike partnership with former England international Emile Heskey.
Burns, who will commence his loan deal with the Jets on September 1, said he is already looking forward to striking up a combination with Heskey in the Jets’ front third.

“I’ve always loved Liverpool, they’re my favourite team and I’ve looked up to Heskey for so many years,” Burns said.

“It will be great just to meet him and to play alongside him will be fantastic. Hopefully I can learn a lot from him and improve my game.

“I want to keep improving, so hopefully I can get a lot of game time and progress as player.”

Burns said he is determined to hit the ground running upon his arrival in Newcastle.

“I’m obviously training everyday over here so I’ve got a good base level of fitness,” Burns said.

“Once I get a few pre-season games under my belt with Newcastle, it shouldn’t be too long before I’m fully match fit.”

Burns pointed to the Jets’ strong representation in the Socceroos’ squad for the EAFF East Asian Cup as evidence of the potential that rests in the Club’s playing stocks.

“I think to have five players in the Socceroos squad is great, especially with most of them being so young and with Ruben Zadkovich who is a good age as well,” Burns said.

“They’re definitely going to work hard and develop and it’s a team with a lot of potential.”

Burns has pulled on the green and gold for the Socceroos on seven occasions, including as a member of the Australian team that made the Final of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup.

Despite the 2014 World Cup in Brazil looming on the horizon, Burns said his focus is first and foremost on putting in consistent performances at Club level.

“I’ve got to play well for Newcastle and do a job there first, so that’s the number one priority,” Burns said.

“Obviously if you do well for your Club then there is a chance you could get picked for the Socceroos, but most importantly it’s about doing well for Newcastle first.”
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Burns-excited-to-link-up-with-Heskey/71312

pv4
25-07-2013, 11:28 AM
:rof: a boo list

Mine would be:

Boo
- GvE
- Matt Simon
- Manny Muscat
- Anyone who is booing Ruben Zadkovich or Tiago Calvano (should not be mistaken with me booing those two players)
- Anyone cheering on Bridges like he's scored a goal when he's subbed on or gives away possession
- Middleby, Branko & the yes-men (aka advisory board) when Shane Smeltz gets the ball (not to be mistaken with me booing Smeltz)
- The 24% of our population who didn't vote for the e&c kit

q-money
25-07-2013, 11:33 AM
cheering bridges :rof:

q-money
25-07-2013, 11:34 AM
ffs who said it? :rof:

http://i.imgur.com/YMSNnCF.png

BodyNovo
25-07-2013, 11:37 AM
:blush:

pv4
25-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Didn't even give credit to Grim :oops:

Grimario
25-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Mother ****ing ****s. I am going to hunt down and scalp every mother ****ing last one of you ZadsLads. Try wearing a ****ing skin coloured swimming cap WHEN YOU HAVE NO ****ING SCALP.

/rage

militiamon
25-07-2013, 12:20 PM

hahahaha, Zad's Lads omg :yap:

First that Topor Stanley song and now this.

parksey
25-07-2013, 12:23 PM
how do they come up with these things?

russjaybee
25-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Wow they're really creative! Wish we had some people that could think stuff up like that on here!

militiamon
25-07-2013, 12:39 PM

Remember when they tried to fight you because you said they didn't come up with the Topor Stanley song?

Grimario
25-07-2013, 01:13 PM

They claim not to read the forum. :yeahright:

GazFish35
25-07-2013, 02:18 PM

:gent:

Grimario
25-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Blaahahah... the fourfourtwo are referring to him as FRINGE SOCCEROO.

****s sake. He would barely qualify as being on the fringe of the fringe.

Local Rules
25-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Blaahahah... the fourfourtwo are referring to him as FRINGE SOCCEROO.

****s sake. He would barely qualify as being on the fringe of the fringe.

If he is a fringe Socceroo then GVE should be on the fringe for the NT job. GVE doesn't want anything to do with a fringe. Look how he has treated Kale

plague
25-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm on the fringe of getting a blow job off a supermodel.

Bon
25-07-2013, 04:14 PM

How long has Parksey been modelling for?? :gent:

Grimario
25-07-2013, 04:21 PM

I used to be on the fringe then the 80's ended and it all just became the same ****ing length.

plague
25-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Oh dear.

MFKS
26-07-2013, 12:53 AM

That is definitely the second best thing ever written on the internet.:lol: Keep up the good work

furns
27-07-2013, 01:30 PM
pics or stfu

parksey
27-07-2013, 05:55 PM

So you see the word 'supermodel' and immediately think of me?

I'm flattered.

Bon
27-07-2013, 07:18 PM
So you see the word 'supermodel' and immediately think of me?

I'm flattered.

You should be mate.. Admittedly, my initial thought was Hamma, but then went straight to you..

boz-monaut
27-07-2013, 07:42 PM
fess up - you thought of his sister first, then hamma, then him

Bon
27-07-2013, 07:50 PM

Who has a sister?? :fright:

militiamon
27-07-2013, 07:56 PM

I don't know if Bon did this, but I definitely did.

Beeen
30-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Anyone listen to Soccer Stoppage Time last night with GVEOUT on?