Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

It was a reply to comment that westlakes can't win.
    Anyways like I said not much seperates the top 4 teams
    Last edited by true waterboy; 02-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    i dont take state cup results into consideration as im assuming both teams were playing a number of ressies as a trail game to test players in different position but if ud like to include it then 6-3 to westlakes

True waterboy wrote
    will admit it was a bomb, keeper had no chance.
    i do agree ref had a good game and yes he did laugh after a few players went down softly.

Gj23 wrote
    I'm trying to understand how you think?
    I guarentee you many others are as well.

Here's my conclusion, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

If 2 teams for example, Hamilton & Westlakes played a total of 6 games & Westlakes won 5 games 1-0 & Hamilton won 1 game 6-0 that means Hamilton is the better team, is that correct?

WoW!

Gj23 wrote
    Thank you, finally we agree on something
    It fills my heart with joy that you witnessed it
    Last edited by GJ23; 02-09-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Because I can

Quote Originally Posted by GJ23 View Post
    Gj23 wrote
    I'm trying to understand how you think?
    I guarentee you many others are as well.

Here's my conclusion, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

If 2 teams for example, Hamilton & Westlakes played a total of 6 games & Westlakes won 5 games 1-0 & Hamilton won 1 game 6-0 that means Hamilton is the better team, is that correct?

WoW!

Gj23 wrote
    Thank you, finally we agree on something
    It fills my heart with joy that you witnessed it
    I was talking about aggregate goals as p diddy said westlakes couldn't win a two leg aggregate final. Soz for the confusion

Any updates on Westlakes Belmont game?

caught the second half of the cats game.

Westlakes 1-0 (no away goals yeewwww)!

the referee & the supporters-side linesman would struggle to see >10m in front of them.
    OK

Jeso 1 v charlie 0
    I thought charlie looked good for the half I saw. Will be a good second game.

Westlakes 1 v Belmont 0
    First half 50/50 with Belmont looking very dangerous from the throw in.
    Second half westlakes definitely on top. No idea where that keeper came from but he had a blinder. Stopped a number of chances which woulda normally have been slotted. Haven't seen him before but he's quality

for all those aggregate talkers out there - that puts Westlakes 1 goal up to 0 on aggregate.

which means a win, draw or Westlakes-scoring-but-1-goal-loss next week puts them into the big game at the mutual ground
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    for all those aggregate talkers out there - that puts Westlakes 1 goal up to 0 on aggregate.

which means a win, draw or Westlakes-scoring-but-1-goal-loss next week puts them into the big game at the mutual ground

nice post.
    Last edited by GJ23; 03-09-2012 at 12:15 AM.

all day.
    OK

Just a thought, if Muswellbrook forfeit next Saturday would they still go through as only goes down as a 3 - 0 loss.

you would think so

Well apparently, that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post
    Just a thought, if Muswellbrook forfeit next Saturday would they still go through as only goes down as a 3 - 0 loss.
    That's another strike against this finals format. Is a there a rule enforcing games must be played?

They'd be playing in the Grand Final at The "Mutual Ground"

Last edited by GJ23; 03-09-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post
    my thinking is a two-game-aggregate-match is a single game played over two sets of 90mins. so forfeiting 1/2 of the overall match (ie one of the games) would force you to forfeit the entire match. i haven't read any rules to tell me that's how it works though.

pretty sure there was a big convo about this somewhere a few years ago when milan were 4-0 up on aggregate v arsenal after match uno (paging gary fish?) and there were questions raised of could milan just forfeit & win, or if they somehow found themselves 5-0 down could they get a bunch of reds and be forced-to-forfeit & still progress.

i would say (1) it wouldn't be allowed, and a forfeit would forfeit the entire final, & (2) mussy convinvincly smashed the opposition, they'll probably have no issues doing likewise this upcoming weekend and it'll probably be better for them to have a hitout rather than a week off.

gj - editing posts 6-10 hours after op makes your posts look even more ridiculous and looking like waffle.
    Last edited by pv4; 03-09-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    OK

S.P website has ZL 1,2&3 GF all on Sunday 16th, our original draw has Sat 15th for ZL2, can anyone confirm the correct dates? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    That's another strike against this finals format. Is a there a rule enforcing games must be played?
    What are the other strikes against this format? I thought everyone was happy with it?

Personally I like the new format. It gives all teams a fair chance of progressing as the better team over two legs deserves to go through. Any team can lose a one off game, especially if conditions such as the weather arent conducive to playing football (eg semi finals a few years back when light towers etc were getting blown over!). Ive played in teams that have been knocked out of the semis when we have clearly been the better team, this format prevents that from happening as best as possible.

A simple solution to the forfeiting scenario is to do exactly what PV4 said: Both legs must be played or the offending team is disqualified. Pretty simple really.

I dont think any team would forfeit anyway. At the end of the day we sign up and pay rego to play football, not sit on our arses. I think we'd all rather play then have an easier passage through to the grand final.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    What are the other strikes against this format? I thought everyone was happy with it?

Personally I like the new format. It gives all teams a fair chance of progressing as the better team over two legs deserves to go through. Any team can lose a one off game, especially if conditions such as the weather arent conducive to playing football (eg semi finals a few years back when light towers etc were getting blown over!). Ive played in teams that have been knocked out of the semis when we have clearly been the better team, this format prevents that from happening as best as possible.

A simple solution to the forfeiting scenario is to do exactly what PV4 said: Both legs must be played or the offending team is disqualified. Pretty simple really.

I dont think any team would forfeit anyway. At the end of the day we sign up and pay rego to play football, not sit on our arses. I think we'd all rather play then have an easier passage through to the grand final.
    pretty wells said. the system was brought in to provide a better opportunity for smaller clubs to make a profit hosting another home semi.
    at the district meeting i was at which was held at the start of the year all clubs in attendance thought it was a good idea.
    I know alot of ppl complain that it takes away the advantage of coming 1st because u dont have a second chance if you lose but realistically a team that finishes first has the advantage as they should beat a 4th place team over 180 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by GJ23 View Post
    Be nice friend
    It was a bomb!

It was a good game by both teams involved..

Refs laughing???
    WTF! The Ref did a great job today, fair on both teams I'd say..
    I know you weren't drunk, we all saw you drinking soft drink all day.
    This was a good game to watch with some good football played. I agree the ref did a great job and should be commended for the way he handled the game. The penalty was the right call, definite trip by the Terrace defender. I could hear the terrace keeper getting stuck into the defender for tripping the olympic player. That was funny. The return leg will be interesting as i think the terrace have the momentum plus they have home ground advantage. Olympic need to focus on playing football not trying to con the referee for soft fouls and freekicks. This is there best chance of winning. Good luck to both teams.

Unfortuantly olympic really needed to come away from the 1st leg with a win..... I can see raymond terrace Scoring 3-4 at the largest field in the comp this weekend..