While at the ground the other day, there were some grumblings about Nick Theo and how this was our worst start since then. I've decided to have a look back and see.

Theodorakopoulos was sacked after 7 games, so for accuracy sake I have so far only looked at his first 6.

• Season 2 - 3 points (3 draws) / Season 10 - 2 points (2 draws)
  • Goals For - 6 in Season 2, 5 in Season 10
  • 14 goals against in both seasons
  • S2 - 8 yellow cards, 3 reds. S10 - 17 yellows, 0 red

One worrying trend over the last 6 seasons has been our discipline. In EVERY A-League season we have received more bookings than the sum of our opposition. Over the last 6 seasons our average count has gone from 1.7 a game and up each year to now being 2.8 per match. Why is that? Are referees clamping down on us because of we have a stigma of being a "physical" team? Are teams over-running us and we are committing fouls to prevent being caught on the counter? Are we providing "constructive criticism" to the referee and they don't want the feedback?

And before people start saying Season 2 had an easier start, we played 2 at home and 4 away, including a stretch of 3 on the trot, to start that season too. One of those was a trip to Wellington.

I thought I'd share this information because I found it an interesting comparison.