Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Cmon fellas, I dont know who is and isn't involved with Southy. But lets give the players and the coaching staff the chance to go down with some pride and class. Somebody had to go down, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who had the most money, who had the most grunt for the shirt or who acts the most "professional". We've all played this beautiful game, and at the end of the day, over the course of a whole season, it's whoever loses the most points that gets demoted. Unfortunetly this year it was Southy. Everyone is talking like South Cardiff are being banned from the game. F*** sake, they're only being demoted to NewFM, where they'll be back up from in one seasons time.
    What i think is disappointing about all this at the moment is that money is dictating this league. It would appear that there is no benefit in a club trying to develop players, as they cant risk a year of below average performances or they are out the door.

I would like to see 3 year npl licences, allowing clubs to develop from within, without the fear of instant relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Ireland could be the difference on sunday
    The difference being he's the only one that didn't know hammel has gone bottom left in his last 5 pens!!!
    It's football, not s***er!!

What are the results today guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    What are the results today guys
    Edgy won 1sts 2-0
    Edgy won 22's 6-5 on pens (3-3 FT)
    Magic won 19's 4-0

Edgeworth deserved the win today. Olympic had their moments but overall were outclassed by a better opponent.
    Olympic never really got going and turned the ball over far too easily.
    Edgeworth were very solid at the back today and their passing game was exceptional considering the conditions.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 06-09-2015 at 05:58 PM.

One way traffic in 1sts

Most boring game of football I've seen in a long time. Did Olympic have a shot?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Hack fest in 1sts.
    Best team won.
    #10 for Olympic in 1sts was good.
    Good on Wheeler copped a bucketing but did ok.

What was #7 name for Jets u/22? He did good.

Edgeworth were deserved winners, probably should have scored a couple more. I thought Wheeler & Evans were excellent at the back, Walker was solid in the middle & overall Edgey had too many wheels & energy for Olympic to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    Most boring game of football I've seen in a long time. Did Olympic have a shot?
    +1 been to many GFs and have to agree very boring game with no atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hack fest in 1sts.
    Best team won.
    #10 for Olympic in 1sts was good.
    Good on Wheeler copped a bucketing but did ok.

What was #7 name for Jets u/22? He did good.
    Team sheet says Tyson Jackson. Have watched the E.Jets twice over the last few weeks and impressed with their quality. Edgeworth were great too in that game and in my opinion 22's was game of the day. Loved the shootout as well

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Team sheet says Tyson Jackson. Have watched the E.Jets twice over the last few weeks and impressed with their quality. Edgeworth were great too in that game and in my opinion 22's was game of the day. Loved the shootout as well
    Would have to agree 22s was a great game. Goal for goal & end to end. Again I thought the two centre backs for Edgey were good & for the Jets the 7 & 13 were very good. The Jets keeper also pulled off a brilliant save just before full time to keep them in the game & I thought they were good things until he undid his good work by putting his penalty into the tennis courts.

Neil Orr (former West Ham) TD at Valo apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Would have to agree 22s was a great game. Goal for goal & end to end. Again I thought the two centre backs for Edgey were good & for the Jets the 7 & 13 were very good. The Jets keeper also pulled off a brilliant save just before full time to keep them in the game & I thought they were good things until he undid his good work by putting his penalty into the tennis courts.
    The ref in the firsts was atrocious, didn't know what a foul was, he had a lot to do with the poor game

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    The ref in the firsts was atrocious, didn't know what a foul was, he had a lot to do with the poor game
    He did award some very soft free kicks but he didn't effect the result. Edgey were clearly the better team & deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Go on nbn or bartv and watch the penalty decision. Ref fell for the dive hook line and sinker. Was never a pen. But agree with speedy, edgy were the better side

Watching it live, the pen was very soft but there was a bit of contact, he made the most of it and played for the pen, but to me, at the time, looked like the Olympic player did get drawn in to make the contact.
    While I don't think the referee affected the result, it seemed a match littered with free kicks. It was such a disjointed and boring game because of this. Not just the referee, I mean he has to call the fouls, but both teams seemed to be doing their fair share of fouling. Ref did try and play advantages but all in all, it was a very scrappy affair, both teams struggled to get any real momentum. Imo edgy's speed up front is a huge weapon, the ability to play through the midfield or knock it long in behind is a huge benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Neil Orr (former West Ham) TD at Valo apparently?
    Any news if he is the new TD Valo ??

I enjoyed the game yesterday.

Thought Olympic had the better of the opening 20mins but thwn it was all Edgy.

Standout player for me was Luke Walker, followed by Evans, Wheeler & Tannock.

I thought Campbell and Hodges kept Olympic in the game for long stretches of the game.

Good on Brody Taylor for having a hand in both goals. What a super year for a great kid.

I caught the 2nd half of reserve grade and was pretty impressed with the speed & ability in it. Thought Edgys entire backline were fantastic, and overall was just impressed with both sides.

Congrats to Magic on being great hosts yet again, they never disappoint.
    OK

It was great too see the Hamilton supporters and Committee stick around for their Runners-up medal presentation, they all started walking out when edgeworth scored their second... I'm sure the boys appreciate it!!! Edgeworth were the better side in all respects, more supporters in attendance, more vocal, actually bought from the canteens... and scored 2 goals to boot!!!

That Magic U19's... what a team... saved the best team performance till last, Edgeworth had no answers after they squandered their early chances. What happened to Weston?