Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Cheers for that Newboy!! I agree that Wallsend are doing lots of things right. I should also add, that in respect to this comp so are NNSWF. Hats off for their foresight to bring those clubs into the NEWFM and a massive congrats to the new clubs…. Cookers, Wallsend and Kahibah for stepping up and making this comp soooo much better than it has been in the past few seasons.
    I agree. Was great decision to bring in the new clubs. I play AA for Cooks Hill and the vibe that it's brought to the club has been great. Our youngsters now have a pathway to a quality competition. I've found myself wanting to watch New-FM a bit more than NPL at times this season. It's a comp with some great players involved. Sure they probably won't match it with Magic or Jaffas but the standard isn't as bad as some think

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I agree. Was great decision to bring in the new clubs. I play AA for Cooks Hill and the vibe that it's brought to the club has been great. Our youngsters now have a pathway to a quality competition. I've found myself wanting to watch New-FM a bit more than NPL at times this season. It's a comp with some great players involved. Sure they probably won't match it with Magic or Jaffas but the standard isn't as bad as some think
    Probably give Magic a run for their money, they way they are travelling at the monent

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Probably give Magic a run for their money, they way they are travelling at the monent
    I'm actually involved with Magic as their part-time media man and I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Cooks Hill couldn't beat them at the moment but Valo or Lakes would give them a good run.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Another set of great games in the NEWFM this weekend.

West Wallsend V Cooks Hill
    Johnston Park
    1st W/Wallsend 1 v C/Hill 2 (1-0)
    23s W/Wallsend 1 v C/Hill 4
    19s W/Wallend 2 v C/Hill 2
    17s W/Wallsend 0 v C/Hill 3

Congratulations to Valo too.

Lakes 1-1 with wallsend, I guess Valo Minor Premiers

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyALegend View Post
    Lakes 1-1 with wallsend, I guess Valo Minor Premiers
    As long as Valo don't loss to Cessnock. Hearing a Lakes player was knocked out after the match by a Wallsend player which isn't a good look for either club. Nobody wants to see that happen. Credit to Wallsend though as I've been told they're taken the matter very seriously.

As long as Valo don't loss to Cessnock. Hearing a Lakes player was knocked out after the match by a Wallsend player which isn't a good look for either club. Nobody wants to see that happen. Credit to Wallsend though as I've been told they're taken the matter very seriously.
    Its not a reflection on the clubs mate, I can honestly say that both clubs handled the situation well and defused the situation very quick. I would like also like to mention that Wallsend officials were fantastic after the incident and credit must go to their 19's coach and captain for addressing the Lakes players in the Lakes shed after the match.
    The player who was taken to hospital with a bad break in his collarbone was also well treated by the Wallsend officials.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Its not a reflection on the clubs mate, I can honestly say that both clubs handled the situation well and defused the situation very quick. I would like also like to mention that Wallsend officials were fantastic after the incident and credit must go to their 19's coach and captain for addressing the Lakes players in the Lakes shed after the match.
    The player who was taken to hospital with a bad break in his collarbone was also well treated by the Wallsend officials.
    I was out there a few week's back when an opposition player went down badly injured. The opposition sent out a guy with a water bottle but Wallsend's committee all ran down from the grandstand to grab a stretcher. Was a reflection of the club's values. Good to see this situation was handled correctly and didn't escalate into an all-in brawl or anything like that. Horrible that it had to happen but it could have been much worse.

FT Valo 1 - Kahibah 0

A few players might not have been happy to not have a minor premiership.

Was this after the 19's last night ??

Any results from Kahibah today guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Any results from Kahibah today guys
    17's was Kahibah 5-2
    19's was Lakes 3-2
    23's was Lakes 1-0
    And at Half-Time, Lakes winning 1-0

Received a txt from Ty with some 1st grade scores earlier.

Kahibah 2 v Lakes 2

Westy 0 v Singo 2.

singo must be gutted. based on second half season results and the ability to play attacking style of football.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post
    singo must be gutted. based on second half season results and the ability to play attacking style of football.
    Agree with this. Singo found some great form at the back end of the season. The club has lifted itself with some geat performances in 1st grade in 2015.

West Wallsend v Singleton full results were:

1st Grade: Singleton 2-0
    Under 23's: Singleton 1-0
    Under 19's: Westy 6-1
    Under 17's: Singleton 3-2

Anyone know Toronto v Wallsend results. Need them to finish my round wrap-up.

Edit: Been told Wallsend results.

17's: 4 or 5-0 to Wallsend (guy plays higher and wasn't there for the whole game)
    19's: Abandoned due to a horror leg break to the Wallsend keeper. Game was only 10 minutes in I believe.
    23's: 1-1 Draw
    1st Grade: 2-1 Wallsend

Yeah I'm not exactly sure on 17s it was either 4 or 5-0 to wallsend. 19s called off cause ambo took forever. Kid broke his tibia . 23s 1-1 and 1sts 2-1 wallsend
    Last edited by NewyTy; 09-08-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added Results

Had a look on Northern website re semifinals and looks like the 1v4 and 2v3 has stumped the program as they are listing Lakes and Valentine as week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Had a look on Northern website re semifinals and looks like the 1v4 and 2v3 has stumped the program as they are listing Lakes and Valentine as week 1.
    Northern are we speak about it and will put up confirmation on the finals later today. Surely the system shown in their rulebook will prevail. You never know with NNSWF though