Thread: Football Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first
    Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!

Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured
    Yeah, basically :P I find that there's always a few appealingly generated people who you can hire and they come with pretty good stats on the pretty cheap <$100,000 per year.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!
    WHere can I find this allusive feature? Took on the Jets for first season. Struggled in Pre-season lost to Sydney Olympic and a few other non-A-league teams. 11K Budget (thanks guys). WOn first round match against Adelaide 3-1. Kanta MOM with match rating of 9.2 :|. I can see how it is addictive.