Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Stockton taking no shit!

Wouldn't say that. We played good football for 35mins up 3-0 then totally shut up shop and played crap for the last 60. Good to string a few wins together. Tough next week up against in form terrace

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    Wouldn't say that. We played good football for 35mins up 3-0 then totally shut up shop and played crap for the last 60. Good to string a few wins together. Tough next week up against in form terrace
    1 slight win from our last 3 is not really in form lol.

Barnsley v Charlestown;
    3rds 1-3
    Res 2-1
    1sts 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Barnsley v Charlestown;
    3rds 1-3
    Res 2-1
    1sts 2-3
    Good fightback from the Barnsley boys after being down 3-0 at halftime. Just left themselves a little to much to do in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Good fightback from the Barnsley boys after being down 3-0 at halftime. Just left themselves a little to much to do in the 2nd half.
    Their keeper saved them the game would have had to get man of the match

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Their keeper saved them the game would have had to get man of the match
    Agreed. He was no doubt the difference between the 2 teams.

Is this quick bloke from Charlestown still scoring there only goals? ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Nelson Bay were very competitive in the first half yesterday. Up 1-0 early and had chances to add a second. We equalised before
    HT. After HT we got on a bit of a roll and 1-1 became 4-1 very quickly. Really hope the Bay can keep this bunch of young fellas together for a few years as they have a lot of potential. Could be a very strong side with a couple of older heads sprinkled across the park.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Nelson Bay were very competitive in the first half yesterday. Up 1-0 early and had chances to add a second. We equalised before
    HT. After HT we got on a bit of a roll and 1-1 became 4-1 very quickly. Really hope the Bay can keep this bunch of young fellas together for a few years as they have a lot of potential. Could be a very strong side with a couple of older heads sprinkled across the park.
    What about the quick bloke? atfq

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Agreed. He was no doubt the difference between the 2 teams.
    Barnsley reminded me of the jets yesterday... they must have racked up 4 to 5 times more passes than Charlestown but there is only 1 stat that wins games. Charlestown took their chances early, sat on their lead and did the job. I'm sure that wasn't a tactic but it was the way the game panned out.
    Their keeper was outstanding, he made two (that i can think of now) top class saves in the second half.
    Barnsley are a bloody good team but have no goal scorers! If they had a good striker they would be much closer to the top in my opinion.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Barnsley reminded me of the jets yesterday... they must have racked up 4 to 5 times more passes than Charlestown but there is only 1 stat that wins games. Charlestown took their chances early, sat on their lead and did the job. I'm sure that wasn't a tactic but it was the way the game panned out.
    Their keeper was outstanding, he made two (that i can think of now) top class saves in the second half.
    Barnsley are a bloody good team but have no goal scorers! If they had a good striker they would be much closer to the top in my opinion.
    Week in week out its the same story play the better football for most of the game but cant capitalise, other side has 3 chances gets 3 goals.

He saved 2 deadset goals and a couple of one on ones. Definitely a standout yesterday.

Terrace V WBay

A cold and windy day with the advantage going to the team running with the wind. Terrace had it first half and created plenty of chances. Little Quick bloke up front taking a good chance slotting a one on one and then a simple tap in. Going into half time 2 up.
    Second half wind didn't change and advantage was with WBay going on the attack. They got one back and kept pushing with Terrace scrambling well in defence. Terrace had a couple of chances on the counter but ball wouldn't go over the line. WBay couldn't find the equaliser and Terrace came away with the win.
    Not a bad display in the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Terrace V WBay

Little Quick bloke up front taking a good chance slotting a one on one and then a simple tap in. Going into half time 2 up

Chinese Food

I bet the Jesmond Rams are back at the Jesmond hotel smashing some
    Of the silkiest dimsims at that low restaurant contemplating their terrible performance, I came to watch. My god I fell off my chair when that striker lame for jesmond gave the illuminati symbol in first grade after his goal my god! Surely he should go back to packing shopping bags at the local IGA in Argenton.

What was the score?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Not sure on availabilities but the best 2 Barnsley players on the park v Cooks Hill were the strikers. Bloke scored a bomb early and their pace kept us on their toes all game. Thought the service they got was average at best. Might just have been that game but didn't think there forwards were the issue!!! Just my opinion.

Also for whats it's worth that Charlestown keeper is insane. Pulled off 2 worldies i our match. We won 3-0 but he was the best player on the park. Could have been 6-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Terriblehatjesmondcoach View Post
    I bet the Jesmond Rams are back at the Jesmond hotel smashing some
    Of the silkiest dimsims at that low restaurant contemplating their terrible performance, I came to watch. My god I fell off my chair when that striker lame for jesmond gave the illuminati symbol in first grade after his goal my god! Surely he should go back to packing shopping bags at the local IGA in Argenton.
    So Jeso lost??

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    What about the quick bloke? atfq
    mate when you're my age they're all quick but none of their blokes were insanely fast. Little guy up front made some smart runs across the back line and quick enough but not faster than our stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    So Jeso lost??
    Kotara vs jesmond
    3rds 6-0
    Res 0-3
    1st 2-2