Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Assuming there will be a fair amount of player movement with the new coaches in the comp.... any trials been announced? I know Toronto are having a kick sunday 10am, not sure where? could be at the junior ground

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Assuming there will be a fair amount of player movement with the new coaches in the comp.... any trials been announced? I know Toronto are having a kick sunday 10am, not sure where? could be at the junior ground
    I've seen a few trials get announced via club Facebook pages. Westy and South Cardiff come to mind. Definitely a few players, especially in 19's and what not that are planning to trek around and really find the best suit.

As for New Lambton, it's great to see a big club on the rise. Real similar background to Cooks Hill. Yes Alder Park needs work and I can see them patching together a decent enough venue for next year. Really, a fence and some seating here and there with a bit of cover and it's almost on par with somewhere like Thornton Park and even Blacksmiths. Blacksmiths currently doesn't have any tiered seating. I'm sure most clubs in this comp will put in work over the next few years to be honest.

I've heard from a few clubs that are just hoping to tick boxes over the three year window. Until next season kicks off, New Lambton will keep hearing criticism but they understand the situation and obviously have plans in place. The best thing for them and for the comp is if they field competitive sides in each grade. Say what you will but Kahibah, Wallsend and Cooks Hill have added something since their inclusions and the comp is only getting bigger and better. I'm keen to see New Lambton resume rivalries with those three former ZPL clubs mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I've seen a few trials get announced via club Facebook pages. Westy and South Cardiff come to mind. Definitely a few players, especially in 19's and what not that are planning to trek around and really find the best suit.

As for New Lambton, it's great to see a big club on the rise. Real similar background to Cooks Hill. Yes Alder Park needs work and I can see them patching together a decent enough venue for next year. Really, a fence and some seating here and there with a bit of cover and it's almost on par with somewhere like Thornton Park and even Blacksmiths. Blacksmiths currently doesn't have any tiered seating. I'm sure most clubs in this comp will put in work over the next few years to be honest.

I've heard from a few clubs that are just hoping to tick boxes over the three year window. Until next season kicks off, New Lambton will keep hearing criticism but they understand the situation and obviously have plans in place. The best thing for them and for the comp is if they field competitive sides in each grade. Say what you will but Kahibah, Wallsend and Cooks Hill have added something since their inclusions and the comp is only getting bigger and better. I'm keen to see New Lambton resume rivalries with those three former ZPL clubs mentioned.

Good to hear, new clubs will add value to the comp..... Can confirm Toronto are having a kick Sunday @10am... GO AWAY might have more details on it also

Toronto had a good turn out with there pre season kick about, good mix of the young locals plus a few from in town coming back apparently heard they have signed a guy named Grub?? Jones???? as the 19s coach, huge asset from what ive been told in mentoring the youth at the club

Good to hear, new clubs will add value to the comp..... Can confirm Toronto are having a kick Sunday @10am... GO AWAY might have more details on it also
    Unfortunately not mate, on other side of lake these days and involved with an NPL club over there, keen interest in Toronto Awaba still, once said by a former player that all Toronto boys know " Once a stag, always a stag " hope they go well

Toronto had a good turn out with there pre season kick about, good mix of the young locals plus a few from in town coming back apparently heard they have signed a guy named Grub?? Jones???? as the 19s coach, huge asset from what ive been told in mentoring the youth at the club
    Graeme Jones, huge asset to the stags, one of the best and most underrated coaches in Newcastle, should be coaching NPL but a huge coup for the stags.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Unfortunately not mate, on other side of lake these days and involved with an NPL club over there, keen interest in Toronto Awaba still, once said by a former player that all Toronto boys know " Once a stag, always a stag " hope they go well
    Indeed Once a stag, always a stag
    Amigos Aarau

I know everyone is happy to see new lambton go into this different league but what a lot haven't mentioned is what is happening with all the guys from there lower grades that aren't eligible now due to age restrictions, as would be the case with most teams in the zone leagues, and generally these players are the ones who run the clubs, the older guys who have been there for a long time and won't be able to get a game now. Will they still hang around without being able to play and does the club loose all its history having to overhaul there whole playing roster. It can be a big issue if the money runs out or the people who pushed to go up leave who steps in, if the ones who didn't want to go up are gone because there not given a game anymore. Are they applying to put a team in zl3, personally would be dissapointed to see all those players shafted for some to say they now are in the new fm

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I know everyone is happy to see new lambton go into this different league but what a lot haven't mentioned is what is happening with all the guys from there lower grades that aren't eligible now due to age restrictions, as would be the case with most teams in the zone leagues, and generally these players are the ones who run the clubs, the older guys who have been there for a long time and won't be able to get a game now. Will they still hang around without being able to play and does the club loose all its history having to overhaul there whole playing roster. It can be a big issue if the money runs out or the people who pushed to go up leave who steps in, if the ones who didn't want to go up are gone because there not given a game anymore. Are they applying to put a team in zl3, personally would be dissapointed to see all those players shafted for some to say they now are in the new fm
    The majority of our 1st grade and reserve grade will trial to make the team. New players will be added to fill in the holes left by players not wanting to step up. We already have a ZL2 team, and some players (3rd grade and maybe some reggies) will be filtering down to these teams. Reserve grade won the ZPL premiership with half the team being under 23, so those guys can step straight up hopefully. The older ones may be considered for the overage players in this team. Some new players will be recruited though, so there are no guarantees. However, our Club Selection Policy states that New Lambton players are to be given preference where possible, and all teams have percentage targets for New Lambton Juniors. A main driver for the club is providing a pathway for it's 1300 junior players to elite senior football.

Realistically though, yes some players will be put out due to different age restrictions, but that is a consequence of progress. New Lambton was a First Division club many years ago, and we want to get it back where it belongs. Having options is always best, so players will have the NewFM, ZL2 and All-Age competitions to choose from, which ensures that all current players are given an opportunity to remain part of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    The majority of our 1st grade and reserve grade will trial to make the team. New players will be added to fill in the holes left by players not wanting to step up. We already have a ZL2 team, and some players (3rd grade and maybe some reggies) will be filtering down to these teams. Reserve grade won the ZPL premiership with half the team being under 23, so those guys can step straight up hopefully. The older ones may be considered for the overage players in this team. Some new players will be recruited though, so there are no guarantees. However, our Club Selection Policy states that New Lambton players are to be given preference where possible, and all teams have percentage targets for New Lambton Juniors. A main driver for the club is providing a pathway for it's 1300 junior players to elite senior football.

Realistically though, yes some players will be put out due to different age restrictions, but that is a consequence of progress. New Lambton was a First Division club many years ago, and we want to get it back where it belongs. Having options is always best, so players will have the NewFM, ZL2 and All-Age competitions to choose from, which ensures that all current players are given an opportunity to remain part of the club.
    I understand your points but realistically how competitive can you be without large influx of players for first grade, not like use completely dominated zpl, so then a lot of players who miss out on a spot go down to zl2, if they are happy to go down to zl2 (which is a major step down) what happens to all zl2 players, surely can't be happy to play all age, just seems like a huge amount of current players who have put in for the club shoved out to say the club has now gone to New FM Como,

Stags have announced there trials on the Facebook page I see, have heard the AGM was a positive outcome

Any thoughts on them making the finals?

No

I'm interested to see how much interest/competition there is amongst clubs given the lack of promotion.
    Splashing cash on players is pointless and I think a lot of clubs will look to nurture their youth, which is in itself a great outcome but may drop the overall skill of the competition. A lot of players will be cut from NPL this year, so that may be of some benefit to clubs picking up players that are 20-23.

The best thing that NNSW can do is announce how the NPL licenses and competition will be decided in 2020. Results? Criteria?
    Imo, waiting 2.5 years before deciding where the goalposts will be moved to is ridiculous and very unfair. Clubs deserve the right to know what they can improve and how they will be judged in the future to give them time to implement whatever it is they need to.

Stags have announced there trials on the Facebook page I see, have heard the AGM was a positive outcome

Any thoughts on them making the finals?
    I've not heard anything off field related from the AGM. Only on the field with some of the better 1st Grade players having offers from NPL clubs to return to the 20s set up.

I think the Criteria should be made public - like yesterday. These next 3 years NNSW need to be transparent with everything and try to win back some goodwill from the public and clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I've not heard anything off field related from the AGM. Only on the field with some of the better 1st Grade players having offers from NPL clubs to return to the 20s set up.

I think the Criteria should be made public - like yesterday. These next 3 years NNSW need to be transparent with everything and try to win back some goodwill from the public and clubs.

Ahkk cheers postman, eitherway ill enjoy sitting on the hill having a few beers cheering on the local coach who is loved by the old boys!
    Last edited by BigSam; 29-09-2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Ahkk cheers postman, eitherway ill enjoy sitting on the hill having a few beers cheering on the local coach who is loved by the old boys!
    Thanks rutta, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I understand your points but realistically how competitive can you be without large influx of players for first grade, not like use completely dominated zpl, so then a lot of players who miss out on a spot go down to zl2, if they are happy to go down to zl2 (which is a major step down) what happens to all zl2 players, surely can't be happy to play all age, just seems like a huge amount of current players who have put in for the club shoved out to say the club has now gone to New FM Como,
    Hopefully get propmoted to ZL1 and have 3 grade teams again.

Can there be 2 ZL teams?....eg ZL2 & ZL3 from 1 club. I have heard some thoughts but not the officials rules on this.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Thanks rutta, haha
    Use to like being called barge arse back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Hopefully get propmoted to ZL1 and have 3 grade teams again.

Can there be 2 ZL teams?....eg ZL2 & ZL3 from 1 club. I have heard some thoughts but not the officials rules on this.
    there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to... If the club is big enough and have the resources (by that I mean not monetary as such, but field avaliablity and quality standard no problem) why not good for the club.

(we have clubs over here that have teams in the same league as each other and Im not meaning similar to All age teams)

To the point about players leaving cause of the promotion of New Lambton being unhappy etc..

Lets see, they have been promoted for a reason and it seems have showed some very good management throughout the club..

Solutions need to be sought.. If they leave thats up to the club to sort out plus if your doing things for the right reasons, people will stay at a club despite what happens if they feel connected to it.

Congrats to the promotion and hope they succeed like every other club in improving in all aspects of the club and achieving their set goals.

For stronger football in the Hunter.
    Amigos Aarau

The idea that clubs shouldn't aim for promotion because some original players might not be good enough/leave the club is laughable.