Thread: Matildas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brilliant first half, unlucky to not take the lead.
    Soft call for the free kick goal we scored. But I can live with it since the referees whistle went before Kerr was making contact. I’d be more frustrated if it was called after it hit the net. Was a good finish too.
    I thought we were playing well, and Sweden were either a bit off their game, or taken back by our approach.

Their goal was very unlucky for us. Yoeman in commentary saying she shouldn’t have tried to block it, fmd. If she sat
    Back and watched that shot hit the top corner she’d have been slammed.
    Sweden have conceded 8 goals or something in the last 12+ months (I can’t remember the exact period they said) and we’re undefeated. Only been held scoreless once. So they are pretty deserving finalists. But we gave them a crack.

Big game Vs USA.

Biggest loss from that game was Ellie “Atkinson” Carpenter. Let her frustrations get the best of her to commit that foul at the end. 96th minute, play to stop at any time, if she had her time again I think she’d rather concede a second than cop the red. She will be a huge loss, one of the best players.

I also thought Kerr looked done vs GB but she managed to score. But she was walking and barely chasing in that second half. There were a few half chances where by her standards, she would be disappointed she gave up on the play tbh.

Overall, I think we can be pleased at a bronze medal playoff. Definitely building towards that World Cup.
    A lot of our players just put themselves in the shop window. Reminds me of the 2006 men’s era when most of them were playing overseas.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 03-08-2021 at 07:46 AM.