Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Our Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You should always back your own lad regardless in these types of matters.

That people here are talking about getting rid of Roy is a disgrace.

Roy ****ed up sure but he's one of ours and we need to standby him. To do anything else is a pissweak act.
    This. We’ve been crying out for years for an aggressive striker who is desperate to score goals and win games and shows that passion a lot of top strikers have. You take the good with the bad. Now we have one who crossed a line, copped an over the top lynching from the FFA and now ppl want to dump him? I think we look to sign a solid starting striker and Roy will know he has to fight to win his spot back. We need a second striker anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I agree

Was pretty dissappointing when he came back from injury in getting on chances

If we can fandangle him out of the equation somehow I back Bert and Griff to find us someone better
    To be fair, the service he got since he came back was pretty ordinary...

Banned
    You should always back your own lad regardless in these types of matters.

That people here are talking about getting rid of Roy is a disgrace.

Roy ****ed up sure but he's one of ours and we need to standby him. To do anything else is a pissweak act.
    Not a case of not standing by him

I honrstly believe we can do better for a foreigner spot
    I honestly believe there are better options out there Roy in this league already

People can say he has had bad service recently but he has scored 4 goals in 16 appearances for us.

Smashing goals past a shit team like the Gypos are only inflating his stats falsely

We now fighting for titles not the spoon so we need to start upping the ambition in our players

Roy aint the bloke to lead us to trophies never will be

Didn't see too many people questioning his ability 5 games in.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not a case of not standing by him

I honrstly believe we can do better for a foreigner spot
    I honestly believe there are better options out there Roy in this league already

People can say he has had bad service recently but he has scored 4 goals in 16 appearances for us.

Smashing goals past a shit team like the Gypos are only inflating his stats falsely

We now fighting for titles not the spoon so we need to start upping the ambition in our players

Roy aint the bloke to lead us to trophies never will be
    Roy does more than score goals. He's a leader with a wealth of experience and knowledge and would have played a big part in Nabbout's success as a striker for us.

We finally have a team to be proud of and people are complaining ?

The players here are on a hiding to nothing - they could win the ACL and people would say "yeah but unless they win the FIFA World Club World Cup" ... and so on.

Then in the next breath fans start questioning player loyalty - it's ****ing ridiculous.

I love how people think it is so easy to clear players out at the drop of a hat.
    Roy ain't going anywhere yet so live with it. We do need another quality striker anyway. When Roy is back he will then have to fight for his position before his contract is up.

I'm with Dunster. We could have 22 superstars and there would be a thread here to get rid of the passenger taking the 23rd spot.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 20-05-2018 at 01:29 PM.

I can see the point of view that the bloke has form and needs some personal accountability in all this.

It's one thing to be a good clubman and bleed for the shirt blah blah blah but the reality is hes sitting for 10 games providing nothing for that same damn shirt

But

If anyone is surprised by his actions then they are a dope and need to get a foxtel account.
    This is exactly who we signed, if you hated on the signing back in the day then ok but to now be mortified and stupefied by it. Well gosh I dunno what I can do for you.

This is a salary capped league and squad restricted league you don't get the luxury of just going down to the local buy a A League player shop and purchase a striker because we needed a second striker anyway. Some clubs in this league can't even find themselves a half decent starting striker let alone a second " decent striker " FFS. And BTW those making Nabs references he came to us as a wide player and we were very fortunate he was able to adapt and contribute with some quality work in a UNFAMILIAR role not as a recognised second striker.

With Roy's wealth of knowledge and experience he still fudged up and has now left this club in a difficult situation through nobody elses fault but his. This is not abandoning Roy but more about not giving the bloke a free pass for his actions because as it stands this club not going to get any dispensation free passes for his actions.

This find a decent second striker is a load of rubbish, Anybody who thinks they are a decent striker ain't coming here to be second fiddle after Roy returns and if they did have that mentality is that the type of player we want , A happy bench warmer ?. And think about this when people say find a decent second striker what they are really saying is lets find another Nabs, Yep plenty of those in stock at the A League player shop just waiting to be purchased by the club.They are everywhere at discounted prices just for clubs in our predicament.

The club is bigger than any individual or this past season was all about nothing and we go back to fighting for wooden porridge stirrers as the member said.Respect peoples right to call it for what it is and that is Roy out for over ( on current FFA cup form ) a third of our regular A League season. Who are the real losers in all this, The club and its supporters and only Roy if there was some clause in his contract regarding garnishing of wages in the event of lengthy suspensions.

And PS when you drill down the the figures or more the point the realities most of Roy's success did come against one the most shittiest defensive teams this League has ever seen. Just Say'n.

That is my rant.
    Last edited by 380; 20-05-2018 at 03:16 PM.

My original point is we don't buy a "second" striker. We get a numero uno and Roy has to fight his way back.
    If he does, great, if not he is released at the end of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This is a salary capped league and squad restricted league you don't get the luxury of just going down to the local buy a A League player shop and purchase a striker because we needed a second striker anyway. Some clubs in this league can't even find themselves a half decent starting striker let alone a second " decent striker " FFS. And BTW those making Nabs references he came to us as a wide player and we were very fortunate he was able to adapt and contribute with some quality work in a UNFAMILIAR role not as a recognised second striker.

With Roy's wealth of knowledge and experience he still fudged up and has now left this club in a difficult situation through nobody elses fault but his. This is not abandoning Roy but more about not giving the bloke a free pass for his actions because as it stands this club not going to get any dispensation free passes for his actions.

This find a decent second striker is a load of rubbish, Anybody who thinks they are a decent striker ain't coming here to be second fiddle after Roy returns and if they did have that mentality is that the type of player we want , A happy bench warmer ?. And think about this when people say find a decent second striker what they are really saying is lets find another Nabs, Yep plenty of those in stock at the A League player shop just waiting to be purchased by the club.They are everywhere at discounted prices just for clubs in our predicament.

The club is bigger than any individual or this past season was all about nothing and we go back to fighting for wooden porridge stirrers as the member said.Respect peoples right to call it for what it is and that is Roy out for over ( on current FFA cup form ) a third of our regular A League season. Who are the real losers in all this, The club and its supporters and only Roy if there was some clause in his contract regarding garnishing of wages in the event of lengthy suspensions.

And PS when you drill down the the figures or more the point the realities most of Roy's success did come against one the most shittiest defensive teams this League has ever seen. Just Say'n.

That is my rant.
    The way Roy is being treated by the FFA is the issue not Roy. Berisha in the very same game commits a similar offence and nothing happens. Smeltz in the past has commited far worse offences - again no case to answer for - Muscat did similar things on a weekly basis, and one tackle, one of the most horrendous in history scored two weeks less than Roy's effort where the damage was only a minor graze.
    Then you have the shit Bobo got away with on Manny Muscat, and the countless other dodgy challenges SFC have nothing to answer for... and so on.

Roy's not the problem here, he's not doing anything Berisha and others do on a regular basis. The only difference here is that Roy is a Newcastle Jet and the rules for us are different.

If you don't back Roy you are not a Jets fan.

Geez you make it sound like that is a bad thing...

That is my rant.
    You’re right. There isn’t a single striker available in world football. We shouldn’t even look tbh. Waste of time.

The way Roy is being treated by the FFA is the issue not Roy. Berisha in the very same game commits a similar offence and nothing happens. Smeltz in the past has commited far worse offences - again no case to answer for - Muscat did similar things on a weekly basis, and one tackle, one of the most horrendous in history scored two weeks less than Roy's effort where the damage was only a minor graze.
    Then you have the shit Bobo got away with on Manny Muscat, and the countless other dodgy challenges SFC have nothing to answer for... and so on.

Roy's not the problem here, he's not doing anything Berisha and others do on a regular basis. The only difference here is that Roy is a Newcastle Jet and the rules for us are different.

I don't think you get to tell me i am not a Jets fan. Just as i have no right to judge you. Show some respect for people to have an alternative view to yours might be a good start.

Plenty of strikers Halo. But my point was in a salary capped and squad limited league is it not hard to fit two of quality in to a squad of just over 20 ?. Without wanting to speak for the member i think this is what he may have been alluding to with such tight restrictions , You really only get one shot at a decent 9 and at present our shot is a bloke with a very short fuse and a history of injuries hampering consistent game time. I can recall a bloke posting on the Herald comments when the story was printed of our signing Roy he was a injury liability let alone suspensions.
    Last edited by 380; 20-05-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Plenty of strikers Halo. But my point was in a salary capped and squad limited league is it not hard to fit two of quality in to a squad of just over 20 ?. Without wanting to speak for the member i think this is what he may have been alluding to with such tight restrictions , You really only get one shot at a decent 9 and at present our shot is a bloke with a very short fuse and a history of injuries hampering consistent game time. I can recall a bloke posting on the Herald comments when the story was printed of our signing Roy he was a injury liability let alone suspensions.
    Fitting 2 strikers into a squad of 23 shouldn’t be difficult. I’m not saying we sign the next Bobo but surely we should have 2 for the sake of competition anyway, suspension aside.

I don't think you get to tell me i am not a Jets fan. Just as i have no right to judge you. Show some respect for people to have an alternative view to yours might be a good start.
    I have no issue at all with people disagreeing with me or thinking I'm a khunt.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-05-2018 at 05:41 PM.

I have no issue at all with people disagreeing with me or thinking I'm a khunt.
    I respectfully disagree with you but would never think of you asa khunt based on a difference of opinion.

Cheers

I respectfully disagree with you but would never think of you asa khunt based on a difference of opinion.

Cheers
    Well in that case I apologise for the tone of my post. It wasn't meant to be offensive.

Banned
    Roy does more than score goals. He's a leader with a wealth of experience and knowledge and would have played a big part in Nabbout's success as a striker for us.

We finally have a team to be proud of and people are complaining ?

The players here are on a hiding to nothing - they could win the ACL and people would say "yeah but unless they win the FIFA World Club World Cup" ... and so on.

Then in the next breath fans start questioning player loyalty - it's ****ing ridiculous.
    Absolute toss.

The bloke offers this

Runs around and chases shit
    Bit of poaching in the box
    Cynical violent fouls

That is about it

This is replaceable

The bloke doesnt have the ability to.score goals from free kicks out of nothing etc and aint going to carry a team to glory ala Griff

We want to be a Top 4 type of side and fight for the title most years then ask yourself this.

Do Heart Victree WSW Smurfs want to sign this bloke??

Bobo Fornaroli Berisha Riera

They already have a superior player.

They wouldnt touch him

When we signed him he was a good fit for us as all we wanted to do was go up.

Well his time has now passed by.
    We are up the league and we need to start looking for blokes who will keep us there.

As for his violence he has headbutted Muscat, got sent off V Heart for a studs up foul, got sent off for punching a Smurf and now sent off for kicking a keeper in the head in the dumbest of plays

This aint some flawed genius like Zidane or Griffo who you can turn a blind eye to his indiscretions.

As for your suggestions he had anything to do with Nabbouts form. FMD. We will give Nabbout credit for it.
    Next thing you be doing is saying Roy is responsible for Timmy going to Russia

Didn't we just play a GF and only lost becuse of a "glitch"?
    Looks like suddenly all the other teams are far better than us...