Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3062

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Topor has always been the slow guy that gets to the right spot at the right time.
    Theres an art in that alone. What a champion. Makes the play with little effort as possible.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-...dney/102284392

Ffs. ALW grand final day and this happens. Can guarantee this will get more airplay than the match.

1. Hope the ref is ok
    2. Hope the lowlife that did it ends up in prison

Victory confirm following departures:

Matt Acton
    Lleyton Brooks
    Tomi Juric
    Kike Lopez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hahahahaha, i cannot WAIT for the first meeting of our new Fan Engagement Group with management where the useless entitled prat fans only suggestions are to give us cheaper beer and stop starting Hoffman.

If any of these dopes in Row 22 were any level of smart they'd already be employed by the FFA and handsomely compensated for such stupid ideas, but now they want to give them away for free?

Morons.

I love Australian football.

Ninko strongarmed out of the Smurf room by the bouncers......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1VTChXQgg
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Plague for the Fan Engagement Group!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hahahahaha, i cannot WAIT for the first meeting of our new Fan Engagement Group with management where the useless entitled prat fans only suggestions are to give us cheaper beer and stop starting Hoffman.

If any of these dopes in Row 22 were any level of smart they'd already be employed by the FFA and handsomely compensated for such stupid ideas, but now they want to give them away for free?

Morons.

I love Australian football.
    I was part of this group when it kicked off back in the days of Middleby, along with Furns and GazFish (and others).
    We actually got few things worked through with the club - varying membership packs, kids on the field, 10% discount at food stands for members, voting on away kits, lobbying long and hard to have gold as our primary kit, reciprocal free entry for F3 derbies to make but a few things. Lawrie and Sam Millar were very supportive, open and action minded.
    The group was well spread too - older members, all level members, active, members with families, younger members too.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out and if it can actually make a change, how the leader reps from each club work together, who they are and whether the APL actually do something with it or if it's just a token gesture.

Ultimately those who go in need to represent the group the have been chosen to (and have active means to engage and seek input). If they go in it just to push their own agenda it will fail

Here is the link to the old thread for interest if anyone https://www.newcastlefootball.net/fo...llowed)-thread
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 09-05-2023 at 02:05 PM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If they go in it just to push their own agenda it will fail
    Well, looks like im out then.

Well, looks like im out then.
    Yeah but you're canny enough to make it sound like everyone's idea.

Think of the podcast material it would bring!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Think of the podcast material it would bring!
    Still bitter.

Still bitter.
    I'd do a special episode return if you were on it

Banned
    Who is the ������ making the survey on behalf of the club??

Why is the first question asking if I identify as an attack helicopter or anyone of these other make believe genders ??

Two is the magic number

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Who is the ������ making the survey on behalf of the club??

Why is the first question asking if I identify as an attack helicopter or anyone of these other make believe genders ??

Two is the magic number
    I'm less concerned about that than I am about the fact I can't say that I don't use any of the offered social media channels.

Banned
    This membership renewal crap

I am planning on opting out of them stinging me for cash in June when the season don't start for 4 months

It is way to early in the off season for this and with our dodgy ownership situation this to me smells like the practice of clubs hitting up their junior players for next year to pay their seniors for this year BS

Something ain't right about the cash grab

I am planning on opting out of them stinging me for cash in June when the season don't start for 4 months

It is way to early in the off season for this and with our dodgy ownership situation this to me smells like the practice of clubs hitting up their junior players for next year to pay their seniors for this year BS

Seems pretty common practice now I’m multiple areas.

In the music festival world, splendour/falls ticket sales for the next gig, seem to be used to acquire acts for the following festival. This year splendour hasn’t sold out like previously, and they essentially don’t have the funds to book in acts for Falls over the new year so they’ve cancelled it.

The whole thing cries unsustainable.

This is about balancing the books at the end of the financial year. A cash influx of, say, $1.5 million (5000 members with average of $300 membership cost) goes a long way to sandbagging the balance sheet and reducing the losses for potential sale.

Ive already renewed, well done Middleby and co for getting on it straight away while the a-league finals hype is red hot.

To be honest am glad my seats were still available, always nervy that by the time i renew the place is sold out.

As always ive purchased the 3 seats each side of plague jnr and I so no jets fans sit too close to us.

Will start prepping for me and jeterpools pre-season podcast.

Good day.

Ive already renewed, well done Middleby and co for getting on it straight away while the a-league finals hype is red hot.

To be honest am glad my seats were still available, always nervy that by the time i renew the place is sold out.

As always ive purchased the 3 seats each side of plague jnr and I so no jets fans sit too close to us.

Will start prepping for me and jeterpools pre-season podcast.

Good day.
    I love when you call me "and".
    OK

Banned
    Good news guys

Apparently Stade de Newy is gonna play host to the Motocross again in November ruining our ground for months of the season

Glad I ain't paying for a membership

Good news guys

Apparently Stade de Newy is gonna play host to the Motocross again in November ruining our ground for months of the season

Glad I ain't paying for a membership
    Saw it on the Herald today. Amazing hey?

Closed for 2 months for an event that attracts 16000 (potentially)

But they also say they can returf it and have it ready to play in 2 days. Better than Jesus.
    Last edited by mic22; 24-05-2023 at 07:03 PM.