Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1564

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2018

  1. #61
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,722
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Apart from Maradonna I do not know of any other player that could influence the result of a team week in week out. So one player in Brisbane with a few youth won them the league??? Who are you trying to kid???
    Interesting you say they have more resources, that may have been true in the past but not now. Jets owner is wealthier than Sydney FC owner.
    I do not subscribe to this conspiracy theory re salary cap. Sydney FC were crap in the first season Arnold got there, he then sorted out the situation and bought wisely.
    What are you going to say about Melbourne City when they get their act together, (which they will eventually) when they will win and keep winning.
    For a start Roar were successful because they had a coach exploit a weakness in Aussie teams.
    Ange set up tactics to maximise possession at the height of tikka takka and had a run where no **** could stop his side

    Eventually they were reigned in


    As for resources at the Jets and Blue Aids

    Now quite frankly whether Martin Lee is richer than Traktovenko is irrelevant

    Martin Lee isn't dipping as deep into his pocket as Traktovenko has this season or over many seasons as he has to fund the Blue Aids

    All we getting outside the box is Ronny Vargas and that lasted 3 ****ing weeks

    Smurfs are using their Marquees and exploiting every loop hole they have had enacted on their behalf to have the best squad they can

    Arnold is just successful as they have also exploited a weakness in Aussie players

    Blue Aids have a great pressing game that is giving them the advantage coupled with their better recruitment over the other Sydney and Melbourne teams

    Thing is though Bert showed that these cunce time is coming to an end soon last week

    Also as for your point about Sydney being crap in Arnold's first season there ??

    They lost the GF so I don't know what the **** you on about
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  2. #62
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Thing is though Bert showed that these cunce time is coming to an end soon last week
    Okon got the Gypos to play a similar style against Sydney and won. Move the ball side to side alot quicker to keep Brillante and Co out of the game as much as possible.
    Merrick does a lot himself but also clever enough to see when another team has success, he can get his team to play similar in order to get similar success.

    And yes... i feel dirty giving the gypos any kind of positive comments!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ill let you find your own way over the confessional page to beg forgiveness.

    Repent, and may He have mercy.
    what? what?

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    For a start Roar were successful because they had a coach exploit a weakness in Aussie teams.
    Ange set up tactics to maximise possession at the height of tikka takka and had a run where no **** could stop his side

    Eventually they were reigned in


    As for resources at the Jets and Blue Aids

    Now quite frankly whether Martin Lee is richer than Traktovenko is irrelevant

    Martin Lee isn't dipping as deep into his pocket as Traktovenko has this season or over many seasons as he has to fund the Blue Aids

    All we getting outside the box is Ronny Vargas and that lasted 3 ****ing weeks

    Smurfs are using their Marquees and exploiting every loop hole they have had enacted on their behalf to have the best squad they can

    Arnold is just successful as they have also exploited a weakness in Aussie players

    Blue Aids have a great pressing game that is giving them the advantage coupled with their better recruitment over the other Sydney and Melbourne teams

    Thing is though Bert showed that these cunce time is coming to an end soon last week

    Also as for your point about Sydney being crap in Arnold's first season there ??

    They lost the GF so I don't know what the **** you on about
    so there is no conspiracy then re cap. Why cannot the jets do that re marquees?

  5. #65
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,722
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    so there is no conspiracy then re cap. Why cannot the jets do that re marquees?
    Conspiracy on the cap??

    Every allowance that has ever been made from the cap is designed to benefit the haves rather than the have nots

    The haves are the Sydney Melbourne teams

    That just the reality of it

    The HAL salary cap has progressively got more unbalanced every season thanks to the FFA watering it down to benefit the bigger teams

    Creating 3rd Marquees so Cahill could go to Heart
    Creating Olyroo Marquee so Blue Aids could fit Weak Ankles and Disco Stu in under the cap
    Creating Socceroo Marquee

    Plus every other 3rd party agreement allowed

    These things are all benefitting the haves rather than the Nix Gypos Jets Pissants etc

    Your in a lot of delusion if you don't think that the Sydney Melbourne teams are not spending significantly more on salary than the other 6 teams are
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Conspiracy on the cap??

    Every allowance that has ever been made from the cap is designed to benefit the haves rather than the have nots

    The haves are the Sydney Melbourne teams

    That just the reality of it

    The HAL salary cap has progressively got more unbalanced every season thanks to the FFA watering it down to benefit the bigger teams

    Creating 3rd Marquees so Cahill could go to Heart
    Creating Olyroo Marquee so Blue Aids could fit Weak Ankles and Disco Stu in under the cap
    Creating Socceroo Marquee

    Plus every other 3rd party agreement allowed

    These things are all benefitting the haves rather than the Nix Gypos Jets Pissants etc

    Your in a lot of delusion if you don't think that the Sydney Melbourne teams are not spending significantly more on salary than the other 6 teams are
    I never said that Sydney are not spending more. Del Piero was on I think $2 million per year, that would have been approx. the whole of the jets salary at the time. (excluding Heskey)
    There is no conspiracy re the cap the third party etc are there for everybody. The fact that your team does not utilise it is a different question.
    You are just coming up with excuses. The fact is Brisbane were winning with Ange because they were the best team. Victory were winning because they were the best team. Sydney are winning because they are the best team. Simple as that. Get over it.

  7. #67
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,722
    How is it a different question all the salary cap lurks and perks??

    It is manipulating of it to benefit Sydney and Melbourne teams

    The comp is run on the smell of an oily rag because the FFA are incompetent and have it under capitalised

    Most of the club's are struggling to pay their bills as it is without finding excess cash to take advantage of these salary cap loop holes that have been implemented for a few and not the majority

    Take the salary cap concessions out and have all clubs with the same salary cap and Sydney don't recruit the side they got last year in the first place

    Because this is after all meant to be a salary capped league

    It isn't because the FFA have been complicit in corrupting the comp so the Sydney and Melbourne teams are advantaged at the expense of the rest of the club's
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I never said that Sydney are not spending more. Del Piero was on I think $2 million per year, that would have been approx. the whole of the jets salary at the time. (excluding Heskey)
    There is no conspiracy re the cap the third party etc are there for everybody. The fact that your team does not utilise it is a different question.
    You are just coming up with excuses. The fact is Brisbane were winning with Ange because they were the best team. Victory were winning because they were the best team. Sydney are winning because they are the best team. Simple as that. Get over it.
    The Member's whole point is that in a salary capped league, teams should be (roughly) even since they can only spend the same as each other on player wages. The effectiveness of this concept is greatly diminished when you allow exceptions to the cap, where richer clubs can take far greater advantage of the exceptions than poorer clubs who may not be able to use them at all.

    His second point is that the amount and extent of these exceptions has been increased over the history of the league, most likely in collaboration with (and exclusively suiting) the richer clubs, which has further increased the disparity between rich and poor clubs. If you want to have a salary capped league, then do it properly and have a salary cap - or just remove the cap and do away with the facade.

  9. #69
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,252
    I don't understand why people call for the cap to be scrapped "because it basically doesn't work as-is". There's loopholes etc existing, sure, but it's still logistically painful for clubs to make these happen and rewards the clubs that can, and do, exploit them. I'd rather have this half-functional cap and at least keep clubs within some form of arm's reach.. then to scrap it and see how truly high (or how truly low) some clubs can get. I feel like if Arnold's Sydney weren't so far ahead of everyone else currently, it'd be less of a discussion. But other clubs are spending similar, if not more than Sydney - Western Sydney spend a total of 3.4m per season on their two marquees, for example. And don't forget the cap works on both scales - it has a minumum spend so clubs can't absolutely tank the league to save some coin.
    OK

  10. #70
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The Member's whole point is that in a salary capped league, teams should be (roughly) even since they can only spend the same as each other on player wages. The effectiveness of this concept is greatly diminished when you allow exceptions to the cap, where richer clubs can take far greater advantage of the exceptions than poorer clubs who may not be able to use them at all.

    His second point is that the amount and extent of these exceptions has been increased over the history of the league, most likely in collaboration with (and exclusively suiting) the richer clubs, which has further increased the disparity between rich and poor clubs. If you want to have a salary capped league, then do it properly and have a salary cap - or just remove the cap and do away with the facade.
    The Membah Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The Membah Whisperer
    https://media.giphy.com/media/BmmfETghGOPrW/giphy.gif

  12. #72
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,722
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I don't understand why people call for the cap to be scrapped "because it basically doesn't work as-is". There's loopholes etc existing, sure, but it's still logistically painful for clubs to make these happen and rewards the clubs that can, and do, exploit them. I'd rather have this half-functional cap and at least keep clubs within some form of arm's reach.. then to scrap it and see how truly high (or how truly low) some clubs can get. I feel like if Arnold's Sydney weren't so far ahead of everyone else currently, it'd be less of a discussion. But other clubs are spending similar, if not more than Sydney - Western Sydney spend a total of 3.4m per season on their two marquees, for example. And don't forget the cap works on both scales - it has a minumum spend so clubs can't absolutely tank the league to save some coin.
    The thing with the salary cap is actually benefits the bigger clubs and punishes the small clubs

    The minimum salary spend punishes the smaller clubs as it means they spend 2.6 million paying shit players
    So our of their 23 man squad the Gypos Nix etc have piles of blokes on more coin than they should be

    If they didn't have to spend this money the money could be better spent developing their clubd to give them possible competitive advantages elsewhere

    It is restrictive the salary cap and the ones who suffer the most are the smaller clubs

    The bigger clubs are actually advantaged by it as it creates opportunities only available to them and restricts the smaller getting stronger long term

    Until the HAL owners of the bottom 6 clubs bridge the gap spending wise with the Sydney and Melbourne teams the Salary Cap will stay

    An open market gives the smaller clubs a chance to succeed long term

    The current model doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The thing with the salary cap is actually benefits the bigger clubs and punishes the small clubs

    The minimum salary spend punishes the smaller clubs as it means they spend 2.6 million paying shit players
    So our of their 23 man squad the Gypos Nix etc have piles of blokes on more coin than they should be

    If they didn't have to spend this money the money could be better spent developing their clubd to give them possible competitive advantages elsewhere

    It is restrictive the salary cap and the ones who suffer the most are the smaller clubs
    Not saying you're wrong; but if from next season, the salary floor was removed, what impacts would you expect this to have? How will players react to wages being lowered, will there be more players looking to head overseas (ie Asia)?

    Perhaps a lot of the "journeyman" would feel less comfortable plying their trade here and would look for greener pastures, opening the door to more NPL and young talent.

    Would you then expect the gap between the rich and poor to decrease?

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not saying you're wrong; but if from next season, the salary floor was removed, what impacts would you expect this to have? How will players react to wages being lowered, will there be more players looking to head overseas (ie Asia)?

    Perhaps a lot of the "journeyman" would feel less comfortable plying their trade here and would look for greener pastures, opening the door to more NPL and young talent.

    Would you then expect the gap between the rich and poor to decrease?
    I think his point was that if the Mariners are spending 2.6 million now because they've had to reach a minimum, they could possibly spend 1.5-2 million and still be getting similar players and similar results. The difference is that extra half million could go towards some form of development, or membership drive etc. We might lose some journeymen, but there'd be plenty of NPL players around the country who would bite their arm off for a chance at the a-league and some exposure, and get paid well, but not over the top.

  16. #76
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not saying you're wrong; but if from next season, the salary floor was removed, what impacts would you expect this to have? How will players react to wages being lowered, will there be more players looking to head overseas (ie Asia)?

    Perhaps a lot of the "journeyman" would feel less comfortable plying their trade here and would look for greener pastures, opening the door to more NPL and young talent.

    Would you then expect the gap between the rich and poor to decrease?
    As for the players wages

    I would expect the better Australian players in the HAL to be getting more and the lesser Australian players getting less

    It would just open this area up to competition and market forces would take effect

    Yeah players would be pissed off collectively they losing out but FFS they been on a great wicket for 13 years recently taking money they don't deserve when the HAL doesn't currently pay the bills and balance the books as it is

    Yes your right the journeyman player going from club to club will lose out and it will open up opportunity for the NPL players to step up more than currently is available

    I doubt the gap between rich and poor will decrease. It though gives the poor a chance to bridge the gap

    A chance they currently don't have

    The system is ****ed as it is. A salary cap to equalise the comp doesn't work once you start making concessions

    Either we have a salary cap and keep it even and remove the concessions or we **** it off

    The current system is like a bastard half caste child etc
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I think his point was that if the Mariners are spending 2.6 million now because they've had to reach a minimum, they could possibly spend 1.5-2 million and still be getting similar players and similar results. The difference is that extra half million could go towards some form of development, or membership drive etc. We might lose some journeymen, but there'd be plenty of NPL players around the country who would bite their arm off for a chance at the a-league and some exposure, and get paid well, but not over the top.
    That may be true.
    But whatever system you have, you are going to have clubs with more resources than others. Salary cap or no salary cap. In the NSL you had the likes of Marconi who were top of the tree resource wise and Morwell, Breakers at the bottom end.
    It is too easy to say that the mariners would probably get the same result with similar players at a lower money level. My guess would be that the results would be a lot worse, as you would have a lot more players earning less but at the same time not up to the required standard.
    The better player that did not make it into the "bigger" club (they can only sign so many) would by pass the league altogether and you would have even more players heading off overseas at an earlier age than you do now. This would result in the whole league being a lesser standard.

  18. #78
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,765
    Werent the Cahill rule and Olyroos deal last minute additions to secure players for Syd and Melb clubs?

    So every other club who had planned their cap ahead of time was disadvantaged by the rules changing yeah?

    and you canít tell me offers to Stu werenít inflated and made before the rule was announced, but Sydney knew they could get the rules changed to fit Stu in at the disadvantage of a smaller club.

    So yeah clubs can take advantage of all the same rules but when they changed at the last minute to suit certain clubs that exactly what the good Member is on about.

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Werent the Cahill rule and Olyroos deal last minute additions to secure players for Syd and Melb clubs?

    So every other club who had planned their cap ahead of time was disadvantaged by the rules changing yeah?

    and you can’t tell me offers to Stu weren’t inflated and made before the rule was announced, but Sydney knew they could get the rules changed to fit Stu in at the disadvantage of a smaller club.

    So yeah clubs can take advantage of all the same rules but when they changed at the last minute to suit certain clubs that exactly what the good Member is on about.
    Great post.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    This isnt news. Big clubs get all the whorey love from ffa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •