Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    but what advantages are there to having the ZL3 structure for teams who are happy with All Age?

all that extra time and effort and volunteers for what when you could just make AA/A a stronger competition?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    but what advantages are there to having the ZL3 structure for teams who are happy with All Age?

all that extra time and effort and volunteers for what when you could just make AA/A a stronger competition?
    boz did you play grade at all

Id argue that All Age A is already well stronger than ZL3, and most likely ZL2.

You cant force players or teams into Grade Football. If thats not why people are playing, forcing them to do so will just take people out of the sport.

Reduce the rego fees for ZL players. Make it considerably cheaper than All Age and watch em flock back. Enforce club refs to ref all all-age games and save proper refs for ZL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

It should be seen as an entirely different concept for clubs that want something more than an All Age competition.
    ZL should always be seen as a pathway for the club to increase their size and operations with a view towards larger competitions like NEWFM etc.
    Obviously we all know no one gets into NEWFM these days, but the more clubs we have who have their organisational structure, coaching, skills development together the better off the whole region will be.

I can only speak for my club but playing A/A is more expensive in rego costs then it ever was for us to play zl when we had the senior club up and running and also got a lot more for your money.

From my experience its generally the players that make a push to go from AA to ZL, not the club.
    The club can only go in the direction that the players, who are the major stakeholder, want to go.

This is probably a question for a AA player but given there seems so many AA teams I’d like to know why players are choosing this option as opposed to ZL.
    I get the feeling that for a lot of players AA seems more appealing as its less of a commitment and takes less time out of the week.
    Less/no training, less time on game day, in some cases less pressure. All important things when you take into consideration most of these players all work and have families.

I could be well off the mark.
    Last edited by Giges; 07-03-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Reduce the rego fees for ZL players. Make it considerably cheaper than All Age and watch em flock back. Enforce club refs to ref all all-age games and save proper refs for ZL.
    This.

People will chose AA ($200-300 rego) over ZL ($400+) every day of the week.

Swap it round and watch all the ZL teams form up.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 06-03-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    This.

Do AA pay refs each week or there clubs pay it

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Each club would be different.

We build refs into the AA teams rego (as we do with with ZL1). So the players pay it, but the club collects it during registration. This includes two home trials with refs.

AA refs are significantly cheaper than ZL refs, but you also have a bigger chance of not getting a ref on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    This.

What are ZL teams giving these players when charging 400 plus for real?

How do AA teams keep there's so low, it has been a while since I did it but from memory isn't it the same for a club to register a player in either. The extra cost of ZL comes in with registering the club to play and the refs.

I believe at Barnsley we charge the same for both. $350.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Each club would be different.

We build refs into the AA teams rego (as we do with with ZL1). So the players pay it, but the club collects it during registration. This includes two home trials with refs.

AA refs are significantly cheaper than ZL refs, but you also have a bigger chance of not getting a ref on game day.
    Correct procedure if you want to make life easy for yourself as a club Administrator.
    The daze of players chucking in a 5'er or a 10'er for refs after the game is well and truly over.
    Clubs are billed by their Association for refs. Not sure what happens with AA trials though.
    We've been paying cash at home and away trials with NewFM...and NPL rates when we've played
    Magic, CCB & Olympic last few months. Paying the higher rate of refs fees according to who's playing who.
    Killer....

You're actually less likely to get a ref for ZL these days as not enough of them want to deal with the nonsense that comes from Senior players at this level

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    What are ZL teams giving these players when charging 400 plus for real?

How do AA teams keep there's so low, it has been a while since I did it but from memory isn't it the same for a club to register a player in either. The extra cost of ZL comes in with registering the club to play and the refs.

I believe at Barnsley we charge the same for both. $350.
    Correct.
    The price for an over 18 for Insurance and Assoc fees is the same regardless of where your team registers.
    After that it's other inclusions the club puts on

At Muswellbrook, we put on kit fees and Council fees and come out at an even $300.
    We dropped it from last season where we were paying an extra $50 for refs, but we've only got refs twice last year and one of those was FFA Cup where we don't pay for them.

I would imagine the $400 + from clubs is to include dress shirts/training shirts/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Paying the higher rate of refs fees according to who's playing who.
    Killer....
    That has caught us out this season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Correct.
    The price for an over 18 for Insurance and Assoc fees is the same regardless of where your team registers.
    After that it's other inclusions the club puts on

At Muswellbrook, we put on kit fees and Council fees and come out at an even $300.
    We dropped it from last season where we were paying an extra $50 for refs, but we've only got refs twice last year and one of those was FFA Cup where we don't pay for them.

I would imagine the $400 + from clubs is to include dress shirts/training shirts/etc...
    I guess thats why ours is 350 as we supply dress shirt, training\warm up kit.

And that's how I don't understand the 400+ for ZL and 200-300 for AA. I would think playing kit and the alike is not supplied in those AA ones.

That has caught us out this season as well.
    Can anyone here see a justification for the rise in costs of Referees for this year.

We are in ZL1 and if we got a full set of referees for a weekend last year we would have to pay $256. This year that cost has risen to $450 per weekend.

Means this year we are paying $4050 for referees for 9 home games. The additional cost for this year alone is $1764.

You wanna start doing the maths , theres 10 teams in a comp so for the year in ZL1 they are collecting $40k. With a extra $17k increase for this year alone.

Start adding up all the Zone leagues ( ZPL pay higher fees again) and the sum becomes mind boggling for cash thats spose to be used to “Paying Referees

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mac View Post
    Can anyone here see a justification for the rise in costs of Referees for this year.

We are in ZL1 and if we got a full set of referees for a weekend last year we would have to pay $256. This year that cost has risen to $450 per weekend.

Means this year we are paying $4050 for referees for 9 home games. The additional cost for this year alone is $1764.

You wanna start doing the maths , theres 10 teams in a comp so for the year in ZL1 they are collecting $40k. With a extra $17k increase for this year alone.

Start adding up all the Zone leagues ( ZPL pay higher fees again) and the sum becomes mind boggling for cash thats spose to be used to “Paying Referees
    With regards to the increase, I have no idea - that seems pretty steep.

But scaling up the numbers to total for the season to see a big number doesn't really mean much, all that needs to be looked at is each set of games. $450 for three refs, 3x 90 min = 4.5 hours game time (although realistically lets say 5.5 hours, allowing two 15 minute breaks between games and 15 minutes before the first and after last match) and not including any travel.
    The match fees may not be split evenly, but for simplicity's sake lets say they are - each ref takes home $150 for their 5.5 hours, a little over $27 an hour. Fairly decent but not unreasonable, especially given the amount of abuse they have to put up with to do their job.

Again I have no info on the increase and do think that's a massive increase. I am just pointing out that saying stuff like "Wow they're collecting $40k in ref fees for one comp! Where's the money going?" is a bit disingenuous when you clearly have the arithmetic to see that there's no real issue there.

To offer some perspective for everyone.
    Between the 3 federations and insurance you are looking at roughly $200 per player, I'm to lazy to find the actual brakedown. Say you register 45 players you have to account $2500 for entry and $4900 for refs(we budget for 11 games).

$2500 ÷ 45 =$55
    $4900 ÷ 45 =$108

55 +
    =$363
    That's before you account for concil fees and what ever a club adds on as well.
    If you as a Club can register a ZL1 player for $350 then congratulations to you but sustainability is paramount and I can not see how that would happen without significant financial backing from a Sponsor.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    To offer some perspective for everyone.
    Between the 3 federations and insurance you are looking at roughly $200 per player, I'm to lazy to find the actual brakedown. Say you register 45 players you have to account $2500 for entry and $4900 for refs(we budget for 11 games).

$2500 ÷ 45 =$55
    $4900 ÷ 45 =$108

55 +
    =$363
    That's before you account for concil fees and what ever a club adds on as well.
    If you as a Club can register a ZL1 player for $350 then congratulations to you but sustainability is paramount and I can not see how that would happen without significant financial backing from a Sponsor.
    $330 for the blues. But we have Crypto/Azzurricoin remember, that and prize money from last year lollllllllllllllllllll