Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 929

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,834

    2019 Zone Premier League thread

    discussion here

  2. #2
    I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    440
    Anyone know the start date for the competition this year?
    Novocastria Youth

  3. #3
    Great, new thread! I've been waiting to start letting teams know how bad they are.

    Swansea - Signed some old bloke apparently. Same old swans, mid table.

    Cardiff - I can hear the injury excuses already.

    Suns - Rumours of the coach paying players, $1000 players player bonuses (just stories I've heard, hold your fire). Surely suns will be up there again. Has the off season been kind to team Palozzi?

    Mayfield - I for one am looking forward to the aerial ping pong game Terrace vs Mayfield is going to offer. Ugly football obviously worked last year wonder if it will this time round? Surely their aging squad will struggle.

    Barnsley - I think Barnsley will hack their way into second last place again this year. An interesting stat would be how many broken legs occurred playing against Barnsley last year? Only inspiring thing coming out of their camp is their ability to hurl abuse.

    Bero - I'm sure people will be flocking out to Pasadena after last years quality campaign. Maybe this year super coach will realise looking after ya mates and playing yourself doesn't work. Back to ZL1 you go, 50+ goals against and not many for.

    Kotara - Those playing at Nesbitt early in the season count your lucky stars, this snake ridden dirt track is by far the worst in the league. Hoping the 'BestCMinTheLeague' actually completes a pass this year albeit in res grade can't see him making firsts after last year.

    Dudley - Spend, Spend, Spend, Hype, Hype, Hype and then underachieve. Can't wait to see how red the gaffas face gets again this year.

    Warners Bay - Surely the lads down at the bay are all for closing the gender pay gap. Time for them to step out of the shadows of the women's team and perform. With all the training pre xmas I'm tipping a finals birth this year.

    Terrace - Just like Jesmond and Barnsley before them, they'll finish bottom half of the table. From what I've heard all they do is run with the wind when at home and kick it long. Teams should do a quick sweep of the ground just to make sure there are no syringes laying around.

  4. #4
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,238
    Terrace play with purpose, not possession. And it works for them! Enjoy the trip up there, a tough ground to get points from.
    OK

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Great, new thread! I've been waiting to start letting teams know how bad they are.

    Swansea - Signed some old bloke apparently. Same old swans, mid table.

    Cardiff - I can hear the injury excuses already.

    Suns - Rumours of the coach paying players, $1000 players player bonuses (just stories I've heard, hold your fire). Surely suns will be up there again. Has the off season been kind to team Palozzi?

    Mayfield - I for one am looking forward to the aerial ping pong game Terrace vs Mayfield is going to offer. Ugly football obviously worked last year wonder if it will this time round? Surely their aging squad will struggle.

    Barnsley - I think Barnsley will hack their way into second last place again this year. An interesting stat would be how many broken legs occurred playing against Barnsley last year? Only inspiring thing coming out of their camp is their ability to hurl abuse.

    Bero - I'm sure people will be flocking out to Pasadena after last years quality campaign. Maybe this year super coach will realise looking after ya mates and playing yourself doesn't work. Back to ZL1 you go, 50+ goals against and not many for.

    Kotara - Those playing at Nesbitt early in the season count your lucky stars, this snake ridden dirt track is by far the worst in the league. Hoping the 'BestCMinTheLeague' actually completes a pass this year albeit in res grade can't see him making firsts after last year.

    Dudley - Spend, Spend, Spend, Hype, Hype, Hype and then underachieve. Can't wait to see how red the gaffas face gets again this year.

    Warners Bay - Surely the lads down at the bay are all for closing the gender pay gap. Time for them to step out of the shadows of the women's team and perform. With all the training pre xmas I'm tipping a finals birth this year.

    Terrace - Just like Jesmond and Barnsley before them, they'll finish bottom half of the table. From what I've heard all they do is run with the wind when at home and kick it long. Teams should do a quick sweep of the ground just to make sure there are no syringes laying around.
    This reads like a transfer request to Azzurri, fine work.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Anyone know the start date for the competition this year?
    First weekend of April, pretty much standard each year.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    First weekend of April, pretty much standard each year.
    If that's when it starts then some teams are starting training real early

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If that's when it starts then some teams are starting training real early
    Most start once a week around Mid Jan, have a kick and run to see numbers & general ability of new people, then go to twice a week and more intense training a couple months out.

  9. #9
    2018 Table

    1. Mayfield - 44
    2. Sun - 40
    3. Dudley - 39
    4. Kotara - 31
    5. Swansea -28
    6. W. Bay - 21
    7. Cardiff - 20
    8. Bero - 12
    9. Barnsley -11
    10.Jesmond -11

    Some early pre-season questions for discussion.

    1. How will R. Terrace go in they opening season in the ZPL? Barneys first season (2018) saw them come equal last with 11 points. Only surviving thanks to 2017 promotion squad, Jesmond. While Jesmond first year saw them come in 7th. In 2016, Morisset entered the competition and ended up 9th and be relegated as well.

    2. Who can crack the currect top 4? 2018, I thought, showed a particular strong top 4 with all Mayfield, Suns, Dudley and Kotara looking like the competitions best team at different points throughout the year. With reason to believe that these 4 teams will remain in the top 4 in some order. Are there any predictions to who might crack this top 4?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    2018 Table

    1. Mayfield - 44
    2. Sun - 40
    3. Dudley - 39
    4. Kotara - 31
    5. Swansea -28
    6. W. Bay - 21
    7. Cardiff - 20
    8. Bero - 12
    9. Barnsley -11
    10.Jesmond -11

    Some early pre-season questions for discussion.

    1. How will R. Terrace go in they opening season in the ZPL? Barneys first season (2018) saw them come equal last with 11 points. Only surviving thanks to 2017 promotion squad, Jesmond. While Jesmond first year saw them come in 7th. In 2016, Morisset entered the competition and ended up 9th and be relegated as well.

    2. Who can crack the currect top 4? 2018, I thought, showed a particular strong top 4 with all Mayfield, Suns, Dudley and Kotara looking like the competitions best team at different points throughout the year. With reason to believe that these 4 teams will remain in the top 4 in some order. Are there any predictions to who might crack this top 4?
    How will the mighty CCFC go?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    How will the mighty CCFC go?
    If previous years are anything to go by, no good

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    2018 Table

    1. Mayfield - 44
    2. Sun - 40
    3. Dudley - 39
    4. Kotara - 31
    5. Swansea -28
    6. W. Bay - 21
    7. Cardiff - 20
    8. Bero - 12
    9. Barnsley -11
    10.Jesmond -11

    Some early pre-season questions for discussion.

    1. How will R. Terrace go in they opening season in the ZPL? Barneys first season (2018) saw them come equal last with 11 points. Only surviving thanks to 2017 promotion squad, Jesmond. While Jesmond first year saw them come in 7th. In 2016, Morisset entered the competition and ended up 9th and be relegated as well.

    2. Who can crack the currect top 4? 2018, I thought, showed a particular strong top 4 with all Mayfield, Suns, Dudley and Kotara looking like the competitions best team at different points throughout the year. With reason to believe that these 4 teams will remain in the top 4 in some order. Are there any predictions to who might crack this top 4?
    Suns will need to find a new keeper now that theirs is on 'Married at first sight' this year 😂😂

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    173
    Barnsley Pre season training officially starts on Tuesday 22nd Jan and cintinues every Tuesday and Thursday after that. Sessions start at 6pm. All returning players and any new players looking to join are great club are invited to come on down and enjoy the year with great bunch of boys and hopefully bring some success after a fighting year last time around.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If that's when it starts then some teams are starting training real early
    Gotta be match fit for FFA Cup

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    346
    Guessing nearly all teams back at training I hear Mayfield and Dudley aren't. Let's start the rumors. Anyone heard which clubs have picked up plays and who they might be

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Guessing nearly all teams back at training I hear Mayfield and Dudley aren't. Let's start the rumors. Anyone heard which clubs have picked up plays and who they might be
    Mayfield start training Tuesday 29th January 2019 at Thomas Percy Oval Waratah West, be there at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start. Training will be Tuesday's and Thursday's thereafter.

    All interested players are invited to come along

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    488
    Newcastle Suns pre season starts 12th of Febuary at Connolly park, Carrington (lot of grass this year)
    training will be 6:15 tuesdays and thursdays
    all welcome

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Guessing nearly all teams back at training I hear Mayfield and Dudley aren't. Let's start the rumors. Anyone heard which clubs have picked up plays and who they might be
    Heard from a good source Warners Bay are planning to have two different size fields and play on the one that will least suit their opponent. eg; a big field against Suns so those lazy strikers have to waddle a long way around the pitch or small vs Bero we all know their defenders have two left feet and struggle under any pressure!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Heard from a good source Warners Bay are planning to have two different size fields and play on the one that will least suit their opponent. eg; a big field against Suns so those lazy strikers have to waddle a long way around the pitch or small vs Bero we all know their defenders have two left feet and struggle under any pressure!
    Wouldn't Bero be comfortable with the small pitch considering they play on the Pasadena postage stamp every week?

  20. #20
    I was more looking for a way to pay out bero and their ordinary defence. You should get into coaching with that strategic prowess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •