Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104

Thread: 2019 Zone League 3 thread

  1. #81
    Minmi vs Greta
    Ressies greta 2-0
    Firsts 8-0
    multiple firsts players in ressies for Greta today, not the best look IMO

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    297
    It’s a very poor look indeed. They’ve done it a few times recently

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Kurri v mayfield
    Reserve Grade - 1-1
    First Grade 3-1

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Minmi vs Greta
    Ressies greta 2-0
    Firsts 8-0
    multiple firsts players in ressies for Greta today, not the best look IMO
    Not the best look is a very politically correct way of putting it. Greta did that to us (Dudley) the other week with their best 2 first graders starting reserves and then told our coaches a rival team were stacking reserves. All this agaist a team that had 4 players from our under 17 team filling in. All this will do is make them a target for opposition players, In which they wont receive much sympathy from other teams.

    Sounds like they a more interested in winning reserve grade instead of first grade?

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Dudley v Maitland juniors
    Firsts 8-2 Dudley
    Reserves 3-1 Dudley

    Lot's of players backing up in both grades for both clubs.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Not the best look is a very politically correct way of putting it. Greta did that to us (Dudley) the other week with their best 2 first graders starting reserves and then told our coaches a rival team were stacking reserves. All this agaist a team that had 4 players from our under 17 team filling in. All this will do is make them a target for opposition players, In which they wont receive much sympathy from other teams.

    Sounds like they a more interested in winning reserve grade instead of first grade?

    They seemed very worried about playing finals with both grades, resulting in ressies getting stacked. Half time score of firsts was 2-0 and should have been atleast 5-0.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    They seemed very worried about playing finals with both grades, resulting in ressies getting stacked. Half time score of firsts was 2-0 and should have been atleast 5-0.
    My thinking is that they wanted to finish 2nd or 3rd in reserves to play the same day as the first grade. They have probably had this plan for weeks given we played them a few weeks ago and it was obviously a fairly different side from the start of the season. I wonder if they are across the player eligibility rule for finals? They then would need to rely on the guys that played the majority of the season in reserves, In my opinion probably around 4th or 5th rated side?

    But karma has a funny way of working, as they probably expected Mayfield reserves to finish 2nd or 3rd, given they dropped to 4th courtesy of a draw vs kurri. Now they line up in reserves vs west wallend. A team that has no commitments in first grade now, Id expect a couple of handy first graders to be on the bench. I also reckon they will make it uncomfortable for any of the greta player's dropping in to reserves.

  8. #88
    Minmi oval is currently a swimming pool, dont like the chances of playing tomorrow but we will give it until the morning before a decision is made

  9. #89
    Minmi are open and games will be left to the referees decision, friendly reminder that we are a licensed venue and no alchol can be brought into the field

    Happy Fathers Day to all the dads today!

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Grand Final today, been a very quiet forum this week and this year in general.
    My predictions
    First grade Minmi are specials. Too much quality especially in midfield for greta. Although greta do have 2 very good attackers who could cause minmi some difficulty if they get some good service.
    Minmi by 3, say 4-1

    Reserves, Im going to predict an upset here. Greta 2-1, I wouldn't be suprised if greta throw a couple of decent first graders on the bench as they might feel they have more of a chance in reserves then firsts.

    For the record I hope Minmi win both grades, they are the best team in both grades and importantly they win with dignity which a couple of player's in the hunter valley team could learn.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    For the record I hope Minmi win both grades, they are the best team in both grades and importantly they win with dignity which a couple of player's in the hunter valley team could learn.
    Appreciate the kind words about the club mate, one of our priorities with players is that they are genuine blokes, we were just lucky we are mates with some bloody good players!

    Got the job done 2-0 in both grades today to lock in the double double. Absolute terible conditions with stupidly strong wind at fieldsend.

    Big thanks to all the teams this year many of the clubs we really enjoyed and seemed to be good blokes on and off the pitch

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Appreciate the kind words about the club mate, one of our priorities with players is that they are genuine blokes, we were just lucky we are mates with some bloody good players!

    Got the job done 2-0 in both grades today to lock in the double double. Absolute terible conditions with stupidly strong wind at fieldsend.

    Big thanks to all the teams this year many of the clubs we really enjoyed and seemed to be good blokes on and off the pitch
    Late reply, but no dramas mate. I don't think there would have been too many disappointed that you won both grades. My spy told me the game was wrecked as a spectacle by the extremely strong wind.

    Good luck next year, being familiar with a few teams in zl2 I think you will be very competitive in that division. Not sure what will happen given their are only 7 teams currently in zl2, surely another team maybe pushed up to make an 8 team competition.

    Hopefully another new team enters zl3 to make 8 teams in both zl2 and zl3.
    As for Dudley zl3, disappointing season. 16 new players was always going to require time to gel as a squad and adapt to the level. But often we were short on numbers, the last 8 games seen players participate in both games.

    We hope to find 10-12 players to avoid number problems again and boost the depth. This may mean we will take on an all age team if there are any out there available.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    Looks like Lochinvar Rovers will be joining next season. Advertising for players for players...

    And Maitland juniors have already held a trial for next season...

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Looks like Lochinvar Rovers will be joining next season. Advertising for players for players...

    And Maitland juniors have already held a trial for next season...
    Lochinvar, interesting... That could bring zl2 and zl3 numbers up to 16. So they could promote another team, probably Greta or Reinstall Simba?

    Maitland Juniors trials, getting in early.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    Lake Mac chasing players for a ZL3 sounds like another team ready to enter next year

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Lake Mac chasing players for a ZL3 sounds like another team ready to enter next year
    Is this the junior or senior club? Have they advertised?

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Is this the junior or senior club? Have they advertised?
    I believe it is juniors. They have posted something on their Facebook page..

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Just wondering if clubs still get win payments and payments for minor and gf. If so how much is it roughly.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    Just wondering if clubs still get win payments and payments for minor and gf. If so how much is it roughly.
    Yep, association has already paid out for this year.
    $50 win, $25 draw on first grade only.
    Im not sure on minor and gf, we have never been close so it hasn't been an issue. But im thinking it may have been $1000 each

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Yep, association has already paid out for this year.
    $50 win, $25 draw on first grade only.
    Im not sure on minor and gf, we have never been close so it hasn't been an issue. But im thinking it may have been $1000 each
    Club championship (definitely) premiers, gf-winner and gf-runner (I think??) up all get money as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •