Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1360

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #881
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, for those mocking the Roy links. He's not wanted at the Roar but still has 6 goals in 12 games.

    Add those 6 goals to our team and we are probably ahead of the Gypos. Roy is over the hill and no decent team should be starting him, but we aren't a decent team. The alternative is Hoffman and Fitzgerald starting.
    What links ?. Of those 6 goals 3 of them are pens.

  2. #882
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Are we watching different players? Admittedly it took a while for him to acclimate but since Burns came in hes been solid in both attack and defence. I would be sad to see him go personally, it would depend what could be worked out with Hearts.
    The season is pretty much over already, he missed it. He had absolutely no-one to compete against in his position and couldn't get game time. He's up there with some of the biggest flops this club has seen. The only reason he looks ok now, is because this team is easily the worst in the league and he replaced a kid who was being out of position.

    Compare him to George and you'll see how bad he really is. O'Toole will most likely walk into the starting 11 and Burns will be forgotten real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  3. #883
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    What links ?. Of those 6 goals 3 of them are pens.
    Pens are still worth the same as other goals last time I checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #884
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Are we watching different players? Admittedly it took a while for him to acclimate but since Burns came in hes been solid in both attack and defence. I would be sad to see him go personally, it would depend what could be worked out with Hearts.
    I agree with you mate, anyway we can't just go cutting players with a contract. This isn't the Serie A, we have a salary cap in place. Give Burns till the end of the season and see how everything pan's out. Now we have an excess of left backs (yes I know Johnny K isn't a natural left back).

    We should have looked at getting an exciting left winger, someone who might have put one of the 28 shots we had on the weekend in the net. Someone that might stop the opposition right back bombing on week in week out. A player that gives the fans some hope for the rest of the year and beyond.

    The new coach must have been appointed, as I can't see the club sanctioning a deal for O'Toole without his knowledge. Given he will be coaching the player next year.

  5. #885
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Pens are still worth the same as other goals last time I checked.
    That they are but pretty cheap stats for a striker however. At least that part of his game has improved at Brisvegas.

  6. #886
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Are we watching different players? Admittedly it took a while for him to acclimate but since Burns came in hes been solid in both attack and defence. I would be sad to see him go personally, it would depend what could be worked out with Hearts.
    This. With the exception of George on this side on occasion i would say Burns had been the most serviceable we have had at LB in a very long time. IMO one of the best at delivering a ball in from out wide.

  7. #887
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Burns is slower than Boogs, his fitness is horrendous (Every time he ventured forward he would be blowing instantly), is terrible in the air... BUT has a really good cross, add in him being nothing special in the tackle and I'm not impressed by him. He just looks ok right now because of who he's replaced and how bad the rest of the team is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #888
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Burns is slower than Boogs, his fitness is horrendous (Every time he ventured forward he would be blowing instantly), is terrible in the air... BUT has a really good cross, add in him being nothing special in the tackle and I'm not impressed by him. He just looks ok right now because of who he's replaced and how bad the rest of the team is.
    As for his great crosses...

    Yeah they may look pretty but the most important thing when crossing is to put it into a space that your players can attack

    Exactly how many of Burns crosses found a team mate??

    Zero

    They all miss the mark no matter how well flights they look

  9. #889
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,373
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

    Exactly how many of Burns crosses found a team mate??

    Zero
    Actually, it's 8 (according to A-League website). At an Accuracy of 23.5%

    Lets just keep facts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  10. #890
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Actually, it's 8 (according to A-League website). At an Accuracy of 23.5%

    Lets just keep facts
    It was Hoffman that he picked out

    About on par with turning over possession anyway

  11. #891
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL (Perth are 1st and Victory and us are 2nd) So we are paying blokes who both aren't good enough and clearly are too old to improve on that level.

    Fold the club. Or at least gut this squad and start again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #892
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL (Perth are 1st and Victory and us are 2nd) So we are paying blokes who both aren't good enough and clearly are too old to improve on that level.

    Fold the club. Or at least gut this squad and start again.
    Moss Topor Boogaard Hoff

    All been around for what 10 /15 years at thus level

    Kanta Dimi also been around for heaps as well

  13. #893
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL (Perth are 1st and Victory and us are 2nd) So we are paying blokes who both aren't good enough and clearly are too old to improve on that level.
    And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    OK

  14. #894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    I think by too young he meant shit.

  15. #895
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL
    The new coach will change this.

  16. #896
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    Ernie was full of shit with the stuff he was saying this season

  17. #897
    Senior Member cobra23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This. With the exception of George on this side on occasion i would say Burns had been the most serviceable we have had at LB in a very long time. IMO one of the best at delivering a ball in from out wide.
    disagree,

    i thought VUJICA was a fantastic crosser of the ball. he was a player that delivered the ball with intent

  18. #898
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    Well he couldn't exactly tell the truth could he?

    Reporter: Why did you lose Ernie?
    Ernie: Because i'm working with an NPL team with a couple of HAL level players sprinkled throughout.
    R: Well why dont you sign anyone better?
    E: Have you met the blokes in charge of recruitment around here? And have you seen how much cash we have left over to buy anyone?
    R: Ask the owner for more money?
    E: He's had the place for sale for over a year now. He ain't adding anymore funds to what he would think is a sinking ship.
    R: Fair point Ernie, enjoy your payout when it comes through.
    E: (Looks blankly at reporter and shuffles away groaning.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  19. #899
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was Hoffman that he picked out

    About on par with turning over possession anyway
    Amazing how you can continually see facts in a way to suit your agenda.

  20. #900
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Connor O Toole apparently

    Wonder what agents were involved
    International Alliances represent him. They don't represent anyone else in the Jets system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •