Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The kids need to travel and play teams from Sydney and Melbourne to get an idea of where they are. Probably need to run some kind of a cup competition alongside the SAP / graded one so kids get to play against different opposition as well - like the FFA cup does so the minnows get a shot at the elite / kids with the cashed up parents. Even just a statewide cup would be ok for starters from u9's and up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The kids need to travel and play teams from Sydney and Melbourne to get an idea of where they are. Probably need to run some kind of a cup competition alongside the SAP / graded one so kids get to play against different opposition as well - like the FFA cup does so the minnows get a shot at the elite / kids with the cashed up parents. Even just a statewide cup would be ok for starters from u9's and up.
    I know some of the SAP teams have trialed against NET teams an age group up and also against some of the Sydney SAP teams in their age groups.
    The NET teams which are basically a selective community team in the Newcastle comp have struggled against the SAP teams.

When it comes to the Sydney teams its all a bit hit and miss. Some of the lower NPL clubs in Sydney have been quite weak comparatively whilst some of the NPL1 SAP teams have been very strong.

Unfortunately the organised tournaments that existed in the Zone SAP system don't appear to exist under the new club format, which I think is a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The NET teams which are basically a selective community team in the Newcastle comp have struggled against the SAP teams.
    Most of those NET teams should be coming out of the SAP system as well. No other U12 comp currently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I agree with this. Football NSW run a SAP gala day for U10 and U11 clubs in the wider Sydney region and it is a gap in the NNSWF calendar. I would like to see NNSWF send the top teams from SAP here to those galas to test our kids out. As I said earlier, they do keep scores and should have a private ladder, so could send their best to these Sydney comps for exposure. I am sure QLD and VIC have galas too. Clubs need to be more proactive in lobbying for their teams to play in interstate comps. NNSWF will only look after their selected kids - we as clubs need to push them more so we can be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree with this. Football NSW run a SAP gala day for U10 and U11 clubs in the wider Sydney region and it is a gap in the NNSWF calendar. I would like to see NNSWF send the top teams from SAP here to those galas to test our kids out. As I said earlier, they do keep scores and should have a private ladder, so could send their best to these Sydney comps for exposure. I am sure QLD and VIC have galas too. Clubs need to be more proactive in lobbying for their teams to play in interstate comps. NNSWF will only look after their selected kids - we as clubs need to push them more so we can be included as well.
    Northern should have a gala day, would be a good way to get an idea of who the strong teams are before the season starts and get the draw right from Round 1

Once they get that third pitch up and running, no reason why they can't have 6 fields going at once and do this. Would make some extra money too.