Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 678

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

  1. #541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Suns will not be going up.
    No team would go up. Means they have to find an 18’s team and they have to cut 20 blokes who play 3rd grade and are often the fabric of the club. If NL1 went to 3 grades then it might be a different story

  2. #542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    No team would go up. Means they have to find an 18’s team and they have to cut 20 blokes who play 3rd grade and are often the fabric of the club. If NL1 went to 3 grades then it might be a different story
    U18s are part of Youth from next year so just need 1sts and reserves

  3. #543
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    U18s are part of Youth from next year so just need 1sts and reserves
    There was some discussion around this at NL1 and NNSW level. There was a proposal to allow ZL clubs to come up and only field the two grades, however, they could never aspire to NPL. Pretty sure the NL1 teams were not keen on this proposal and I can see why. I also reckon that ZL teams would be against it: higher fees, loss of third grade and no doubt new criteria being placed on them by NNSW (fields, finances etc).

    Meeting tonight to discuss the proposed youth format for next year. It is well known that NNSW won't get their 24 clubs in all ages. I wonder what their plan for failure will be.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  4. #544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    No team would go up. Means they have to find an 18’s team and they have to cut 20 blokes who play 3rd grade and are often the fabric of the club. If NL1 went to 3 grades then it might be a different story
    On top of that, if you live in town, why would you want to go from playing at Adamstown, Kotara, Cooks Hill, Dudley, Mayfield, etc. And instead go to Toronto, Thornton, Singo, West Wallsend, Cessnock..
    We also are likely to lose either a trip to Swansea or Rathmines for Hamilton Olympic.
    Very strong ZPL comp, not having to worry about the requirements that goes with NL1.

    I feel like you either want to be apart of the NPL/NL1 set-up, or you don't. ZPL is definitely where we want to stay.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  5. #545
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,331
    Well I guess clubs will never be able to prove they can beat Singo and Toronto in a league.

  6. #546
    Heard today NNSWF have asked clubs from ZPL if they want to come up next year

    just 1st and reserve grade

    think any would be interested ?

  7. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Parochial Supporter View Post
    Heard today NNSWF have asked clubs from ZPL if they want to come up next year

    just 1st and reserve grade

    think any would be interested ?
    Probably not. It means they have to cut 20 blokes from the club

  8. #548
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Parochial Supporter View Post
    Heard today NNSWF have asked clubs from ZPL if they want to come up next year

    just 1st and reserve grade

    think any would be interested ?
    Based on various comments I can see possibly Mayfield and Warners Bay being keen. Most of the others clubs have either made it known they are not interested (eg Cardiff, Dudley) or wouldn't meet the criteria.

  9. #549
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Based on various comments I can see possibly Mayfield and Warners Bay being keen. Most of the others clubs have either made it known they are not interested (eg Cardiff, Dudley) or wouldn't meet the criteria.
    Why go up when ZPL is better quality? And it really is, I have seen enough between the leagues

  10. #550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Why go up when ZPL is better quality? And it really is, I have seen enough between the leagues
    Also when the longest trip is Rathimines otherwise all the rest are 15 min drive from each other at the longest

  11. #551
    Senior Member The Postman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    549
    Just open up Promotion/Relegation between NewFM and ZPL already. Will see how the cookie crumbles when there is actually something to play for.

    Heard some rumblings that next year, NNSW are allowing the NewFM clubs to not have 1 Youth Team and still stay in the comp, but if they can’t fill 2 of their Youth Teams, they will be dropped.

    But then that conflicts with them asking ZPL teams to come up and not have any Youth Teams.

    So who knows, I feel like at this point NNSW have bigger issues to worry about then this little Comp.

    EDIT - just read the post in the other thread, no mention of the Youth requirements though.
    Last edited by The Postman; 31-08-2022 at 09:10 PM.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Just open up Promotion/Relegation between NewFM and ZPL already. Will see how the cookie crumbles when there is actually something to play for.

    Heard some rumblings that next year, NNSW are allowing the NewFM clubs to not have 1 Youth Team and still stay in the comp, but if they can’t fill 2 of their Youth Teams, they will be dropped.

    But then that conflicts with them asking ZPL teams to come up and not have any Youth Teams.

    So who knows, I feel like at this point NNSW have bigger issues to worry about then this little Comp.

    EDIT - just read the post in the other thread, no mention of the Youth requirements though.
    Next year they are allowing any teams that can’t fill all sides to be in the comp, the following year if they can’t fill all youth teams they won’t have youth just snr teams

  13. #553
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Next year they are allowing any teams that can’t fill all sides to be in the comp, the following year if they can’t fill all youth teams they won’t have youth just snr teams
    So if you are a NL1 club that runs a full youth program, in 12 months you could well be competing with other NL1 clubs that don't and possibly promoted ZPL clubs that don't, and you won't get promoted to NPL.

    Why would any club bother with youth on those terms? The work required to run a program, find qualified coaches, run a separate game day etc etc, not to mention the added expense, is just not worth it. And if you don't need youth, why run JDL.

    If this is the case then this is just another example of the brilliant decisions brought to you by the fools at NNSW Football.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  14. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Just open up Promotion/Relegation between NewFM and ZPL already. Will see how the cookie crumbles when there is actually something to play for.

    Heard some rumblings that next year, NNSW are allowing the NewFM clubs to not have 1 Youth Team and still stay in the comp, but if they can’t fill 2 of their Youth Teams, they will be dropped.

    But then that conflicts with them asking ZPL teams to come up and not have any Youth Teams.

    So who knows, I feel like at this point NNSW have bigger issues to worry about then this little Comp.

    EDIT - just read the post in the other thread, no mention of the Youth requirements though.
    The rule is that NL1 clubs don't need to have Youth teams to still participate in NL1. They do for NPL otherwise they will be dropped from NPL to NL1

  15. #555
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So if you are a NL1 club that runs a full youth program, in 12 months you could well be competing with other NL1 clubs that don't and possibly promoted ZPL clubs that don't, and you won't get promoted to NPL.

    Why would any club bother with youth on those terms? The work required to run a program, find qualified coaches, run a separate game day etc etc, not to mention the added expense, is just not worth it. And if you don't need youth, why run JDL.

    If this is the case then this is just another example of the brilliant decisions brought to you by the fools at NNSW Football.
    I know some NL1 teams favour their youth more than the seniors, and since these NL1 teams could see their youth promoted to NPL from next year, why wouldn't they want to run it?

  16. #556
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I know some NL1 teams favour their youth more than the seniors, and since these NL1 teams could see their youth promoted to NPL from next year, why wouldn't they want to run it?
    What NL1 team favors their youth over their seniors? I find that very hard to believe. Certainly not the ones that can't field a full compliment of youth teams. Certainly not Belswans or Kahibah. That leaves Westy, Cessnock, Southy and Thornton. Highly unlikely in each case.

    Why run youth when you can place your teams in the community comp at far less cost and, if they all go, at a similar level. Why stay in a comp of half a dozen clubs (or less) because that is where it is going if Singo, Toronto etc can't raise teams and ZPL teams aren't required to.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  17. #557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    What NL1 team favors their youth over their seniors? I find that very hard to believe. Certainly not the ones that can't field a full compliment of youth teams. Certainly not Belswans or Kahibah. That leaves Westy, Cessnock, Southy and Thornton. Highly unlikely in each case.

    Why run youth when you can place your teams in the community comp at far less cost and, if they all go, at a similar level. Why stay in a comp of half a dozen clubs (or less) because that is where it is going if Singo, Toronto etc can't raise teams and ZPL teams aren't required to.
    You may find it hard to believe because the club you're not involved in don't, doesn't mean others don't. Kahibah might prefer to tell their kids to go in community all that means is better kids to spread around the rest of the competition.

  18. #558
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Lambton
    Posts
    27
    If you're an NL1 club, why would you stay? NNSW don't care about you and your chances of going to NPL are now zilch. Strengthen the zones, and let NNSW have their toy (NPL/WNPL) and you guys won't have to subsidise it.

  19. #559
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You may find it hard to believe because the club you're not involved in don't, doesn't mean others don't. Kahibah might prefer to tell their kids to go in community all that means is better kids to spread around the rest of the competition.
    So which clubs do favour the youth over the seniors?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  20. #560
    Belswans vs Stags washed out have to go play Tuesday or Wednesday.

    No back up plan for semi finals football? Who’s on Speers point today? JDL? Northern should just come out publicly and say they don’t give a **** about NL1 now and are only using it for fees to feed their pockets!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •