Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

13s I agree Magic are in a league of their own
    14s I think Olympic and Edgy are the 2 favourites, next grouping includes Magic, Mid Coast and Jaffas and the others ... thanks for coming.
    15s Olympic firm favourites followed by Edgy, Magic and Azzurri with the dark horse Valo (lost 3-2 to Olympic on the weekend).
    16s Edgy, Olympic and Jaffas looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    I think for the 13s for Maitland will be up there also from all reports

Haven’t done much so far ? 3-3 against Olympic. Have you watched them much this year?

Wheels look like they’ve fallen off a bit at Maitland, over the last few years they looked the big improvers across all age groups

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I'll add Jaffas into the mix for 14s as well they did draw with the runaway team yesterday. Some teams just haven't played enough football to be able to get a good indication from them all.
    Couldn't agree more. Some have only played 2 games, Lots of movement in some age groups and it can take some time for the teams to gel.

Some might start strong and fall away, or others will start to catch them as the season progresses and they catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    I think for the 13s for Maitland will be up there also from all reports
    I see they had another win, will be interesting when they face the top teams.

Magic continue to roll on.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Haven’t done much so far ? 3-3 against Olympic. Have you watched them much this year?

Wheels look like they’ve fallen off a bit at Maitland, over the last few years they looked the big improvers across all age groups
    Seems that MaitlandFC ‘change of direction’ with a new TD is not getting the results they hoped for -they are stil a long way behind the big teams , see the results of all ( except 13’s ) v Olympic, 16’s was 11-2 Olympic wow!! Enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Seems that MaitlandFC ‘change of direction’ with a new TD is not getting the results they hoped for -they are stil a long way behind the big teams , see the results of all ( except 13’s ) v Olympic, 16’s was 11-2 Olympic wow!! Enough said
    Maybe the new TD has promised a lot and delivered not much

Change doesn't happen in a pre-season, getting a new TD in and changing a club takes time, sometimes a few seasons.

Theres also a significant issue with finding qualified (and appropriate) coaches in NNSW. In the last few weeks some of the abuse I've heard from coaching staff towards their own youth players has been beyond acceptable and in some cases in breach of child safety laws.

NNSW football in general has a long way to go in presenting a decent level of football that isn't rugby with a blanket thrown over it TBH. Until everyone gets on the same page we will never compete with teams from the other capital cities.

I won't even mention the refereeing... they need the same level of development the footballers need and don't get.

They currently have all four grades in the top 5
    16's 15's and 14's are all 5th place
    13's are coming 3rd.

I think in 4 years that the past TD was at the club Maitland didn't have one team that made the final series. The new TD has been there for 6 months so it's a bit early to compare them with the big clubs of Olympic and Magic etc who have dominated youth competitions every year.

Maitland U14s and 16s beat Adamstown during the week to finalise the wash out round after MFC beat Adamstown 13s and 15s the previous week. This makes 3 clean sweeps for MFC in 5 rounds, i don't recall MFC ever having a clean sweep so TD must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
    Maitland U14s and 16s beat Adamstown during the week to finalise the wash out round after MFC beat Adamstown 13s and 15s the previous week. This makes 3 clean sweeps for MFC in 5 rounds, i don't recall MFC ever having a clean sweep so TD must be doing something right.
    Just looking through this weekend’s results they won all grades again.

Will be interesting to see how they fair when they come up against the top clubs, Broadmeadow, Edgeworth and Lambton though. Olympic gave all grades except the 13s a touch up

Doing much much better than their HV neighbours Weston, who are going backwards it seems.

No idea what is happening but they are struggling in al youth grades

WTF is goin on at Lakes? Team being pulled from the comp because of mismanagement. Players scrambling to find ovver clubs.

How do this happen at this stage of season? 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    WTF is goin on at Lakes? Team being pulled from the comp because of mismanagement. Players scrambling to find ovver clubs.

16s BTW

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post

"how does this happen?"

The players and coach involved know very well what happened. It wasn't mismanagement at all...

The players weren't asked to leave, they chose to do what they did and they are the ones who will also now need to try and find a place for 18s next year.

It was a behavioural issue that the club needed to deal with, the people involved didn't like being told that their behaviour wasn't appropriate and thought they'd strong arm the club with threats, good luck to any other club now having to deal with those parents.

In fact there's been several issues across clubs this year that northern need to get on top of, coaches swearing at youth players, things being left written on teams whiteboards, some clubs really need to get their act together, its dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    "how does this happen?"

The players and coach involved know very well what happened. It wasn't mismanagement at all...

The players weren't asked to leave, they chose to do what they did and they are the ones who will also now need to try and find a place for 18s next year.

It was a behavioural issue that the club needed to deal with, the people involved didn't like being told that their behaviour wasn't appropriate and thought they'd strong arm the club with threats, good luck to any other club now having to deal with those parents.

In fact there's been several issues across clubs this year that northern need to get on top of, coaches swearing at youth players, things being left written on teams whiteboards, some clubs really need to get their act together, its dismal.
    Do you want to elaborate on what the poor behaviour was?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Do you want to elaborate on what the poor behaviour was?
    There was official complaints made about on field incidents that aligned with what was also happening off the field, the sort of stuff seen across several clubs this season unfortunately. The team had been together for quite a while and was probably the last of the old system that the club is moving away from.

Rather than adapt to the change happening and accept the reprimand about behaving better knowing that the majority would have a chance in 18s next year, they decided to throw caution to the wind and hope they can integrate in new teams in time for next year. The club did the right thing and promoted a couple to 18s now and found clubs for others that didn't jump on the bandwagon.

From what I understand the club is attempting to set a higher standard of both football development and behaviour, that comes at a cost of shedding inappropriate coaching staff and is probably better off without players who think that kind of behaviour is okay.

I just hope other clubs can get on board and start to expect better from both their coaching staff and the players they have representing them, possibly that's expecting too much, but the game would be better for it I think.

There was official complaints made about on field incidents that aligned with what was also happening off the field, the sort of stuff seen across several clubs this season unfortunately. The team had been together for quite a while and was probably the last of the old system that the club is moving away from.

Rather than adapt to the change happening and accept the reprimand about behaving better knowing that the majority would have a chance in 18s next year, they decided to throw caution to the wind and hope they can integrate in new teams in time for next year. The club did the right thing and promoted a couple to 18s now and found clubs for others that didn't jump on the bandwagon.

From what I understand the club is attempting to set a higher standard of both football development and behaviour, that comes at a cost of shedding inappropriate coaching staff and is probably better off without players who think that kind of behaviour is okay.

I just hope other clubs can get on board and start to expect better from both their coaching staff and the players they have representing them, possibly that's expecting too much, but the game would be better for it I think.

Ridiculous to see an NPL club not fielding a team in the youth. That is such a NewFM thing to do- kick em out of the comp.

I applaud Lakes for their stance. How a group of 15 year olds think they are above the clubs rules and standards. If they behave like that in a football club these kids are in for a rude shock when they reach the real world.
    Someone remind them the play under 16’s football for Lakes not Barcelona

Off and on field incidents such as?

Glad to hear the club looked out for those players that didn't resign in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFish View Post
    Ridiculous to see an NPL club not fielding a team in the youth. That is such a NewFM thing to do- kick em out of the comp.
    If there have been code of conduct breaches and the club has called the players out on it and the players resign mid-season because they don't feel like they have to behave properly I think it is unfair on all the other players.

Would be a different story if they couldn't field a team from the start.