Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 608

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

  1. #161
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,319
    the forecast looks pretty bad this week too - might as well call the games off now and save time

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    not sure if it's true, i hear Edgy trained Friday night??

    I also heard that was consultation with clubs and the clubs chose to call it off????

    In the end, i think over the years there have been some very bad calls made by the powers on both sides, this might go down as the best..........
    Newcastle Council closed all fields in its LGA till Monday (today) 7am on Thursday, they would have communicated this to NNSWF, not sure if LMCC did the same...

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Newcastle Council closed all fields in its LGA till Monday (today) 7am on Thursday, they would have communicated this to NNSWF, not sure if LMCC did the same...
    Souths Newcastle RL training on Dangar Park over the weekend maybe the closures were only ⚽️ related 🙁

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Newcastle Council closed all fields in its LGA till Monday (today) 7am on Thursday, they would have communicated this to NNSWF, not sure if LMCC did the same...
    where did the W league play this week?

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Souths Newcastle RL training on Dangar Park over the weekend maybe the closures were only ⚽️ related 🙁
    Well according to this Dangar Park was closed

    https://newcastle.nsw.gov.au/groundinfo

    Maybe Souths just ignored the council and trained anyway

    ground.jpg

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    where did the W league play this week?
    They played at #2 on the Friday. But they donít fall under the NNSW banner. NNSW put a blanket close over all competition and trial games they are in charge of, same as the Jets youth girls who played Apia on Sunday at Speers point, whilst it was at a NNSW venue they had no control of the game went ahead or not other then if lightning was around in the day!!

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    They played at #2 on the Friday. But they don’t fall under the NNSW banner. NNSW put a blanket close over all competition and trial games they are in charge of, same as the Jets youth girls who played Apia on Sunday at Speers point, whilst it was at a NNSW venue they had no control of the game went ahead or not other then if lightning was around in the day!!
    didnt Newcastle council call all grounds off blanket style? or was it northern? refer back to 1st post.

  8. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    didnt Newcastle council call all grounds off blanket style? or was it northern? refer back to 1st post.
    From memory when a council close the grounds they make those calls for the weekdays, but once the weekend hits it is handed over to the clubs to make the call at their own risk. Any damage is at their cost ( I could be wrong but as I said from memory). I would suggest the jets took into consideration that they could fix anything that happens to the ground. This is possibly how the jets where able to play and Northern calling a blanket close on Rnd 1 was why the local clubs couldnít.

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    From memory when a council close the grounds they make those calls for the weekdays, but once the weekend hits it is handed over to the clubs to make the call at their own risk. Any damage is at their cost ( I could be wrong but as I said from memory). I would suggest the jets took into consideration that they could fix anything that happens to the ground. This is possibly how the jets where able to play and Northern calling a blanket close on Rnd 1 was why the local clubs couldn’t.
    Jets 13s to 23s are registered to FNSW. Not sure how this puts the grounds into neutral zoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you canít tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    From memory when a council close the grounds they make those calls for the weekdays, but once the weekend hits it is handed over to the clubs to make the call at their own risk. Any damage is at their cost ( I could be wrong but as I said from memory). I would suggest the jets took into consideration that they could fix anything that happens to the ground. This is possibly how the jets where able to play and Northern calling a blanket close on Rnd 1 was why the local clubs couldn’t.
    That is normally the case, however Council still reserve the right to close all grounds at their discretion, which they did on this occasion. As far as I'm aware, Lake Mac council didn't.

    Blanket closures have happened before. Did NCC jump the gun? Possibly. I note that all the C&S cricket got moved to Lake Mac grounds according to their socials. Not sure if it went ahead or not.

  11. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    653
    The email from NCC stated that all grounds closed except for National Park No. 2 and games scheduled for that Friday night.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  12. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Wonder if therell be a blanket closure again this week.

    They should call off each individual ground as needed. Weather guessing isnt working so well

  13. #173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Wonder if therell be a blanket closure again this week.

    They should call off each individual ground as needed. Weather guessing isnt working so well
    Should've left it, Azzurri would've been able to host youth last weekend, our fields at Gateshead dry quite quickly

  14. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Should've left it, Azzurri would've been able to host youth last weekend, our fields at Gateshead dry quite quickly
    Probably the only playable ground this weekend and you have the bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you canít tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

  15. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Probably the only playable ground this weekend and you have the bye.
    I won't blame Northern for the fixture, but yeah it probably is the only playable ground this weekend.

  16. #176
    Finally some footy. Cooks v Maitland bartv

  17. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    Finally some footy. Cooks v Maitland bartv
    Rest of the game will be interesting now!

  18. #178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Rest of the game will be interesting now!
    How did it look on BarTV looked like he got the ball watching from the stand?

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    How did it look on BarTV looked like he got the ball watching from the stand?
    Looked like he got the ball. Was an average quality game. Maitland were very average with a man advantage. Had nothing much going forward

  20. #180
    Not malicious but not great, given the state of play always going to be a red

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •