Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 985

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

  1. #721
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    601
    Do you have a full table for Men's and Women's club championship points Magician

  2. #722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    601
    Player movement beginning already.
    Riley Smith to Magic
    Taylor Reagen to Edgy
    Rhys Cooper to Maitland
    Tom Davies to Maitland

  3. #723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Player movement beginning already.
    Riley Smith to Magic
    Taylor Reagen to Edgy
    Rhys Cooper to Maitland
    Tom Davies to Maitland
    That’s 2 big losses each for Azzurri and Olympic.

  4. #724
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Thatís 2 big losses each for Azzurri and Olympic.
    Regan Staying

    Pepper to Edgeworth

    Pascoe re-uniting the Jaffas gang of pre-COVID... watch this space.

  5. #725
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    183
    Jaffas 2 Magic 1
    Maitland V Jaffas in the GF

  6. #726
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    27
    Predictions for the weekend?
    Jaffas 2-1. I think Experience will get them through

  7. #727
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Pascoe re-uniting the Jaffas gang of pre-COVID... watch this space.
    Nothing like getting in players that are now 3 years older and expecting the same result

  8. #728
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Predictions for the weekend?
    Jaffas 2-1. I think Experience will get them through
    If Thompson plays maitland 3-1
    If he doesnít Jaffas 2-1

  9. #729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,324
    1sts: - Maitland
    Reserves: - Edgeworth
    18s: - Edgeworth

  10. #730
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    601
    Who at Northern is going to take the fall for the disastrous decision to play the Npl and Wpl lower grade grand finals at the facility today.
    No atmosphere at all today, why separate the grades for grand final day when they have played on the same day and ground all year.
    Just more proof that the people in charge and on the board are totally out of touch with clubs and football and what traditions of a grand final day are all about.
    Eland and Bentley have had a shocker

  11. #731
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Who at Northern is going to take the fall for the disastrous decision to play the Npl and Wpl lower grade grand finals at the facility today.
    No atmosphere at all today, why separate the grades for grand final day when they have played on the same day and ground all year.
    Just more proof that the people in charge and on the board are totally out of touch with clubs and football and what traditions of a grand final day are all about.
    Eland and Bentley have had a shocker
    Poor girl from Olympic ressies looked to have potentially done her knee in last second of the game off the ball injury
    Not the first player to have been injured like that on those fields
    People havenít payed all season to watch the womens and all of a sudden you have to pay to watch them on a rugby field highest places mens side in the GF should host Highest side womens side should host GF both host all grades on seperate days with NPL men being last GF of the season itís actually quite simple
    But northern need all the cash in the world to do nothing with it over and over

  12. #732
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Who at Northern is going to take the fall for the disastrous decision to play the Npl and Wpl lower grade grand finals at the facility today.
    No atmosphere at all today, why separate the grades for grand final day when they have played on the same day and ground all year.
    Just more proof that the people in charge and on the board are totally out of touch with clubs and football and what traditions of a grand final day are all about.
    Eland and Bentley have had a shocker
    Farce.
    Left during Ressies 1st half due to boredom. The game itself was ok, the venue is a sh*thole. ZL was a great day.
    Having the girls and boys together is just a pandering Woke joke. The crowds watch for different reasons.

    Ill give the whole local game away if this crap repeats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you canít tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

  13. #733
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,322
    And someone forgot the minor premiership medals in u18s so they werenít able to be handed out

  14. #734
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    And someone forgot the minor premiership medals in u18s so they werenít able to be handed out
    Were premiership medals handed out to any team during the presentation? The NPLW 15ís coach was given a bag of medals after the presentation to give out to his team.

  15. #735
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyGossip View Post
    Poor girl from Olympic ressies looked to have potentially done her knee in last second of the game off the ball injury
    Not the first player to have been injured like that on those fields
    People havenít payed all season to watch the womens and all of a sudden you have to pay to watch them on a rugby field highest places mens side in the GF should host Highest side womens side should host GF both host all grades on seperate days with NPL men being last GF of the season itís actually quite simple
    But northern need all the cash in the world to do nothing with it over and over
    I am not sure how anyone could not simply split each day at No 2 and make a carnival of it. Girls Sat (more games from 13s to first at night) and Sun boys. Rugby finished. Set up food markets, media, get Jets to do promos, live music. Seriously, how hard is it? Is there a media department at Northern? I felt for those teams out at a training venue....

  16. #736
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I am not sure how anyone could not simply split each day at No 2 and make a carnival of it. Girls Sat (more games from 13s to first at night) and Sun boys. Rugby finished. Set up food markets, media, get Jets to do promos, live music. Seriously, how hard is it? Is there a media department at Northern? I felt for those teams out at a training venue....
    Watched my daughters game yesterday and felt like wet weather make up game. Itís hard to get excited out there. Hopefully they take the feedback of every person out there that hated it. BBsconeís idea is perfect not even that hard

  17. #737
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    496
    If these are the best officials we have in Newcastle then we are in a lot of trouble.

  18. #738
    That was an action packed grand final to say the least. Itís easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but Iíll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesnít have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

    In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesnít back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.

  19. #739
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    That was an action packed grand final to say the least. Itís easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but Iíll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesnít have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

    In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesnít back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.
    Agree about the send off I suspect the line provided advice of a punch and young Rhys did a good impersonation of being king hit. He might regret that one later in life. He probably should have been sent for the second challenge that started it. For the money spent on both squads, I hope the celebration is worth it. Aside from a few incidents, not exactly a show piece. People streaming out before the NPLW. The Association might regret that decision even more come 630pm and the nearby pubs and homes are filled with people watching the NRL. Poor planning all round.

  20. #740
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    That was an action packed grand final to say the least. Itís easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but Iíll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesnít have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

    In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesnít back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.
    Have to agree the red card was one of the most baffling decisions I have seen in many years. It looked pretty obvious that the Lambton play was to see if they could get the Maitland players off the field and accept they would get a yellow card. The plan worked with Goodman a passenger for the better part of the first half and Melmeth taken off after the send off. It must be said that if the foul on Goodman was called and Pappas yellow carded for that then the melee doesn't start. The blame for this rests squarely on both the assistant referees and referee. The inconsistency in officiating across the first 20 minutes was what caused the blow up. Pappas got a yellow for the studs up challenge which caused Melmeth to go off and should have had a second for simulation because if the hit from Thomas put him on his butt he better beware of falling leaves.

    I don't know what Virgilli was thinking getting up in the faces of the Maitland players after the win. When you have played most of the game with ten men, and only get beat 1-0 (it was a well worked goal) there was always going to be bad feeling. Accept the win and move on but obviously ego outweighed common sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •