Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 1 thread

Olympic going strong. On a good run. North’s game to play will be a great game again.
    I think the “stacked” is being thrown around a bit. Maybe they recruited well that good players are playing in lower grades. Maybe good players can only play lower grades due to commitments etc.

Bay-Norths
    3s 1-0
    2s 1-2
    1s 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC View Post
    Olympic going strong. On a good run. North’s game to play will be a great game again.
    I think the “stacked” is being thrown around a bit. Maybe they recruited well that good players are playing in lower grades. Maybe good players can only play lower grades due to commitments etc.
    Recruiting is one word for it... Some ex NPL players dropped back and from what I've been told are still on $$$ from up top

Anyone know what happened with the red card for Wallsend in 3rds? Looked pretty serious but I was down the far end of the pitch so couldn't make it out

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    Recruiting is one word for it... Some ex NPL players dropped back and from what I've been told are still on $$$ from up top

surely not in zl1?? I know there's a lot of clubs in ZPL who pay players (Suns, Dudley, Cardiff, Azzurri, etc.) but not zl1 except years ago when Maryland fletcher were paying their coach big bucks (only to finish 6th or something)

I heard the striker for Olympic #16 was getting paid a very handsome fee to drop down from ZPL this season
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by cell View Post
    surely not in zl1?? I know there's a lot of clubs in ZPL who pay players (Suns, Dudley, Cardiff, Azzurri, etc.) but not zl1 except years ago when Maryland fletcher were paying their coach big bucks (only to finish 6th or something)
    whoa there MR Cell.

Cardiff do not pay players, lets start with that.

We like most in the ZPL pay some regos, but paying bonuses, weekly payments or even sign on's does not not happen at Cardiff....

whoa there MR Cell.

We like most in the ZPL pay some regos, but paying bonuses, weekly payments or even sign on's does not not happen at Cardiff....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    whoa there MR Cell.

Feel like a broken record, but neither do Suns. I just think he's going off what what has been said by many over the years. Success seems to paint you with a brush.
    It's football, not s***er!!

whoa there MR Cell.

Jardel is spot on. All those clubs would pay some regos but no one gets paid win bonuses etc

Mr cell do you know much about the red card in your 3rds on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC View Post
    Mr cell do you know much about the red card in your 3rds on the weekend
    it’s embarrassing to talk about to be honest but because you asked so nicely:

all age player filled in for us due to numbers and head butted a uni player after he stomped him. Apparently he also threatened some of the uni players off the park as well. Safe to say he won't be asked back to fill in. we can’t accept this type of behaviour…

Mr cell, still waiting for you to tell me how you know there's lots of clubs who pay players? (Suns, Dudley, Cardiff, Azzurri, etc.) in the ZPL, enlighten us all with your knowledge please.

Mr cell, still waiting for you to tell me how you know there's lots of clubs who pay players? (Suns, Dudley, Cardiff, Azzurri, etc.) in the ZPL, enlighten us all with your knowledge please.
    Some actually do though. Not saying any of the above mentioned. But some do/have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Some actually do though. Not saying any of the above mentioned. But some do/have.
    yeh we both know who that, just sick of these uninformed throwing names into the mix without being able to back it up...this convo comes up every year

yeh we both know who that, just sick of these uninformed throwing names into the mix without being able to back it up...this convo comes up every year
    I don't think it was deliberate. But it's funny the clubs that knowingly pay never get mentioned and others that don't pay do get mentioned.
    It's been evident over the years that clubs pay players and that's not sustainable. As soon as it stops, the wheels fall off. The strong clubs year in, year out create a good club culture and keep core players together.

Pretty excited to see a ZPL comp featuring Olympic next year if things continue as they are. They've been floating around in this division for a number of years now. Great addition to an already brilliant ZPL comp.

but paid regos is paying players... only 5 or so years back I was at a ZPL club offering $$$ a win in firsts for all players while at the same time had a mate at cardiff on free rego and boots thrown his way. end of the day he would've ended up just as well off

maybe here olympic want to have their 2s up as high up as possible to be a strong club across senior football

but paid regos is paying players... only 5 or so years back I was at a ZPL club offering $$$ a win in firsts for all players while at the same time had a mate at cardiff on free rego and boots thrown his way. end of the day he would've ended up just as well off

maybe here olympic want to have their 2s up as high up as possible to be a strong club across senior football
    so they paid you then took it all back for rego etc??? just like they do in the NPL etc,

boots thrown his way, well i can tell you the club didn't pay for that.

if you want to say paying regos as paying players, fine, i dont look at it that way and you would find that is the normal across ZPL.

there are some clubs who pay cash, for appearances, sign on's, goals etc, on top of regos, now that's paying players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I don't think it was deliberate. But it's funny the clubs that knowingly pay never get mentioned and others that don't pay do get mentioned.
    It's been evident over the years that clubs pay players and that's not sustainable. As soon as it stops, the wheels fall off. The strong clubs year in, year out create a good club culture and keep core players together.

Pretty excited to see a ZPL comp featuring Olympic next year if things continue as they are. They've been floating around in this division for a number of years now. Great addition to an already brilliant ZPL comp.
    I have heard they are not keen to take up the promotion. Rumours of course
    Jaliens gives me the horn

so they paid you then took it all back for rego etc??? just like they do in the NPL etc,

boots thrown his way, well i can tell you the club didn't pay for that.

if you want to say paying regos as paying players, fine, i dont look at it that way and you would find that is the normal across ZPL.

there are some clubs who pay cash, for appearances, sign on's, goals etc, on top of regos, now that's paying players.
    I reliably heard that Azzuri in ZL3 are paying a player. Now THAT'S crazy!!