Thread: New Ownership 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I attended the Jets Fan Council yesterday. We were addressed by Shane Mattiske. He said the ownership is progressing and we should expect to have an announcement soon. Things were going well.

My feedback to Shane yesterday was that the silence is deafening and has grown louder since the previously-announced Christmas/End of December timeline was announced. The membership deserve to be updated once the public deadline was passed...even if that update was "there is no update". The more space he leaves with unknown answers, the bigger the gaps for rumours and shit-stirring to occur. Take control of the information that's coming out.

Shane was actually very receptive to that and acknowledged the validity of my comment. We should expect an update to come out soon (my indication was within the next week).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I attended the Jets Fan Council yesterday. We were addressed by Shane Mattiske. He said the ownership is progressing and we should expect to have an announcement soon. Things were going well.

My feedback to Shane yesterday was that the silence is deafening and has grown louder since the previously-announced Christmas/End of December timeline was announced. The membership deserve to be updated once the public deadline was passed...even if that update was "there is no update". The more space he leaves with unknown answers, the bigger the gaps for rumours and shit-stirring to occur. Take control of the information that's coming out.

Shane was actually very receptive to that and acknowledged the validity of my comment. We should expect an update to come out soon (my indication was within the next week).
    Perhaps it this why he only lasted 5 mins at NRL HQ. I am sure the bloke can MD or CEO a company where he can hide behind other management rather than him engage but when you enter sports management you need to be able to read the supporter base and frequently engage, He fails monumentally on this count.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Perhaps it this why he only lasted 5 mins at NRL HQ. I am sure the bloke can MD or CEO a company where he can hide behind other management rather than him engage but when you enter sports management you need to be able to read the supporter base and frequently engage, He fails monumentally on this count.
    I was pretty direct with him.

Just want to let you all know I'm trying to influence what's happening as best I can with the opportunity I've got.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thanks Jet great job

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I was pretty direct with him.

Just want to let you all know I'm trying to influence what's happening as best I can with the opportunity I've got.
    What were the other council members saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    What were the other council members saying?
    They agreed. In this instance I got in first as Shane provided a general update across a number of fronts and once that was completed I jumped in first with the question so I didn't give them a chance.

Last meeting I requested that once we got to a stage with preferred new owners that we wanted the club to put forward the Fans Council would like to meet with them. I reminded the club of this request and they said that would certainly be put forward and something that is likely to happen.

There's a few hurdles that need to happen. Once the Potential owners and the Jets Owners agree the terms of the sale, it then progresses to the Other owners for endorsement, then the APL and then finally FFA. Given 4 of the other 11 owners are directly invested in offloading us I don't expect we will get road-blocked there, nor at other stages.

All of this bureaucratic pathway we have to navigate is exactly what I said to the Club (i.e. Shane) you need to outline to us. Tell us what's ahead so we can tick off mental boxes as we move along. Don't keep us in the dark.