Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 262

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    He is, but that's not why I am doing this...

    You'll probably notice it is club championship rather than just his team...

    And, that I have gone to the additional effort to gather the info for the 2nd div.

    And, have now added tracking of the Syd Div1 Youth league as well...I don't have any association with either

    Back to point 1, I even went to the trouble to highlight the number of games played by each of the tier 1 clubs to try and contextualise the above placings 🤷

    Personally...I just thought pro/rel made it interesting. When I asked people here if there was a tracking page, I was told to make my own so I started a spreadsheet...then thought the other members of this forum would find it interesting to see a weekly update as well

    Is there some problem with that? Do you not want to see it?
    It is outstanding what info your are bringing weekly with the table. You?re doing what Northern don?t. Much appreciated from someone following Grandkids at different clubs

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I take it your kid is at Magic and you want to get those chest slaps in early? We see you bro 👀
    There's always someone salty about nothing.

    It's a PIA to work all that out, it's not like they have gone and fudged results to pull together a list, it's based on games that have been reported by northern. Probably the only thing in here that isn't someones opinion *shrug*.

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Hot takes on the Youth Club Championship this year.

    - Cookers = bottom feeders
    - New Lambton Eagles = fighting Cookers for scraps
    - Lakes = improvers. Will hold their own in most ages
    - Magic = Hartley in but too late to stop the rot. Disappointing.
    - Olympic = solid in most ages. Challengers.
    - Edgy = middle of the road. Some good some not
    - Valo = improvers. Growing club on the up.
    - Jaffas = hot favourites. Won?t be out of the top four in any age.
    - Maitland = going backwards. Middle at best.
    - Weston = lower middle. Same as they ever was.
    - North Coast = some good, some bad. Mainly bad.
    - Mid Coast = fighting Cookers for those crumbs.

    I get it that the split happens again halfway through but lets debate. I?m not wrong.
    unlike this..... gossip, innuendo, opinion.....

  4. #224
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    3
    Northern have posted the club championships points table already. On the NNSW website when you go to competitions click on PYL then instead of clicking onto fixtures scroll down a bit and there is a heading titled 2024 club championship view here. Clicking that opens up the tables in a pdf document. If you go into squadii you wont find it.

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Box2Box View Post
    Northern have posted the club championships points table already. On the NNSW website when you go to competitions click on PYL then instead of clicking onto fixtures scroll down a bit and there is a heading titled 2024 club championship view here. Clicking that opens up the tables in a pdf document. If you go into squadii you wont find it.
    Did find it, (their website sucks as a user experience) I noticed mine is more up to date (23/3)...they should sub contract to my spreadsheet! :P

    Link: https://www.northernnswfootball.com....r-youth-league

    Tab just under the rules and regulations tab

  6. #226
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,087
    "I'm so f***king angry I could headbutt the stupid c**t". (Talking about an official). -

    This was from a lovely grandparent on the sidelines of an under 14s game right with earshot of the ref, and assistant.

    The bigger coward was the duty officer (a parent) who replied " even though I've the got the vest on, I won't stop you".

    What a team of clowns soiling the reputation of a really good club (the other grades all went on without any issues).

    I know you all wanna blame the coach but while ever the ref support officer, parents and other officials behave like animals, it's hard to single out one person.


    Now, the coach can, and should put a stop to it, because the other ages don't have these issues. But these parents feel very empowered to behave a certain way, and wherever it's coming from needs to be removed from our game, and it will.


    Anyway, hope you all had a good weekend at the football.

    Oh, and for those members on here who are totally not the people I've mentioned and are just lovers of the game. Feel free to discuss with me. I actually have never had any bad interactions with them, but today was out of line and they should really think about fixing it.


    cheers,
    plague.

  7. #227
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,087
    Oh, and one more thing.

    The overturned goal that was at the centre of it, feel free to post the VEO footage. I'll make sure it gets to whoever needs to see it.
    I thought it was a good call, but you have access to it so I'd be interested if it was or not.

    Cheers again.

  8. #228
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Posts
    14
    You mean the goal that was correctly disallowed for offside because the attacker went past the GK then had a shot and that deflected off the last & only defender
    into the path off an other attacker in an off side position? And then the club who cries at the drop of a hat wanted to crack at the young ref who was correct. We all know that club. One of the 15s or 16s coaches from that club had a whine at me because I also called it offside. Maybe that club should know the rules before acting like immature aholes which is also usual. I love this game

  9. #229
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    "I'm so f***king angry I could headbutt the stupid c**t". (Talking about an official). -

    This was from a lovely grandparent on the sidelines of an under 14s game right with earshot of the ref, and assistant.

    The bigger coward was the duty officer (a parent) who replied " even though I've the got the vest on, I won't stop you".

    What a team of clowns soiling the reputation of a really good club (the other grades all went on without any issues).
    That?s just an absolute embarrassment. And people wonder why there aren?t enough referees.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  10. #230
    I was in the stands and I heard both of you arguing so you’re as bad as each other. I felt embarrassed for the pair of you. Body shaming a mum is out of order so I’ll call you out. I’m nearly sure you’re the officials dad and she’s the mum of a player and she was upset over the mistakes they made am I right?. Both defending your kids honour , oh dear

    The incidents that you both argued over in my opinion from a neutral both were wrong calls by the ref unfortunately. The goal should have stood and then the very dubious penalty call which had us all in the stands scratching our heads, I could even see Olympic players laughing. I did see a ref offical there so hopefully he has a word with the officials and they learn from it. After all they are young, maybe too young in my honest opinion. But that’s what it has come to with not many keen to ref these days.

    You both carried on and both should be barred. You can spin a story though I’ll give you that.
    Last edited by Dreamtime Yowie; 14-04-2024 at 10:17 AM.

  11. #231
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    The incidents that you both argued over in my opinion from a neutral both were wrong calls by the ref unfortunately. The goal should have stood and then the very dubious penalty call which had us all in the stands scratching our heads, I could even see Olympic players laughing. I did see a ref offical there so hopefully he has a word with the officials and they learn from it. After all they are young, maybe too young in my honest opinion. But that’s what it has come to with not many keen to ref these days.
    I didn’t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I’m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

    But you’re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It’s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the “junior” branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they’re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I didn’t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I’m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

    But you’re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It’s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the “junior” branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they’re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.

    Bring back the old system imo.
    You join the branches. Learn to referee and deal with making decisions on the run and in somewhat low pressure atmosphere. Those that perform well and stick at it, should be given opportunities (with support) at higher ages and divisions and if they perform well, get ‘selected’ or ‘invited’ to join NNSW.

    The downside is the associations lose promising referees to NNSW and probably causes more headaches assigning referees etc.

    Back when I was involved, it was pretty rare to see anybody with less than 3-4 years experience getting to referee SYL/PYL. (Tbf you spent 1 year doing rooball and 6/7/8)

    You almost had to referee All Age A grade (which I think needed like a level 3A qualification/certificate) to do so.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I didn?t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I?m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

    But you?re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It?s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the ?junior? branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they?re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.
    These 2 parents also argued about the refs age and apparently plays for another team in same competition? In same age group?I don?t know if that?s true so don?t hold that against me but that was mentioned in their tiff. If true that?s not on. Surely the age below at least. Not same or older ages until adulthood. I?m sure just like players get nervous so do refs and we can?t just throw them into deep end.

  14. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I didn?t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I?m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

    But you?re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It?s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the ?junior? branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they?re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.
    That's not actually true, they have to do a certain number of hours and be signed off by an assessor before they can ref PYL - and they don't come from community straight into JDL either, most are playing PYL or the div below - those that do play.

    Anyway for those commenting on the referees and selection of, maybe sign up for a course or get your kids to and then everyone can stop complaining - watch your kid ref a game and get a better perspective and then you can also comment on their stuff ups - because they will, no one is perfect.

    Just be thankful the boys get ref's the girls can't even get a full set for a game that's supposed to be a knockout tournament played to win a trophy. #complainless.

    And yes there was a ref assessor / 4th there, the ref's are learning and I'm interested to see if the yellow from the 18's gets turned into a red based on the 4th officials report.

    I don't know why it's the 13/14s parents that get so worked up. Someone needs to tell them they will be lucky if their kid is still playing by the time they get to 18's I know many of the kids mine was playing with didn't make it that far - stop worrying about one game and play the long game.....

  15. #235
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,087
    Yeah that's not me mate, you must have been in a different spot to me. I didn't see parents arguing, I heard the bloke threaten to headbutt a kid and a duty officer egg him on.

    I got there just before halftime (I was there for 15s). Didn't see the pen.

    If the parents were carrying on, report them. If you need help come grab me I'll help you. I don't want any of that garbage in our game. That was my point.

    I'm ok with people not agreeing with calls, I'm not ok with anyone being threatened with a headbutt. Surely there's not anyone on here who can argue that. That's what my post was about.

    Anyway, if you heard headbutt guy, or know him or his family, have a word. He was out of line and needs to be spoken to. Clubs are going to get big sanctions if this ref crackdown gets out of hand. I don't want some salty grandad costing my kid points or sanctions. You should feel the same.

    I didn't call any women fat, my second post was a bit out of line and I'll cop that.

  16. #236
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    These 2 parents also argued about the refs age and apparently plays for another team in same competition? In same age group?I don?t know if that?s true so don?t hold that against me but that was mentioned in their tiff. If true that?s not on. Surely the age below at least. Not same or older ages until adulthood.
    My understanding is that they try not to put kids as centre ref in the age/div as they play. I don't know if this is an official rule or just a guide. Agree it should be avoided at all costs though.

  17. #237
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    That's not actually true, they have to do a certain number of hours and be signed off by an assessor before they can ref PYL - and they don't come from community straight into JDL either, most are playing PYL or the div below - those that do play.

    Anyway for those commenting on the referees and selection of, maybe sign up for a course or get your kids to and then everyone can stop complaining - watch your kid ref a game and get a better perspective and then you can also comment on their stuff ups - because they will, no one is perfect.

    Just be thankful the boys get ref's the girls can't even get a full set for a game that's supposed to be a knockout tournament played to win a trophy. #complainless.

    And yes there was a ref assessor / 4th there, the ref's are learning and I'm interested to see if the yellow from the 18's gets turned into a red based on the 4th officials report.
    Actually, as a former member of Northern refs, first years with Northern get put straight onto JDL at a minimum, if not PYL, it varies on their age and ability. What else can they put them on in Northern comps? That?s my point, it?s a much better apprenticeship to learn on the community grades first rather than going straight into JDL or PYL. Sure some can handle it at Northern level, but a lot can?t. Much better off to learn on low level u/12s or u/13s interdistrict than PYL. Just because you play at a level doesn?t mean you have the ability to ref up to it.

    Agree with your second paragraph, the amount of people who comment on rules but have never even done a LotG course is astounding
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  18. #238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    581
    My eldest son plays and referees in YPL.Just to add to some good points from earlier posts.When you pass the NNSW test to become a ref you need to nominate which comp you want to referee in.You choose either community or NPL,but once you choose you go into that associations pool and dont get to ref the other comps.So there is no ability to do a few community games before stepping up to NPL.Junior refs in NPL do as much JDL as they can before being assessed and moved to NPL youth.Restrictions on age and playing level mean that there are generally always a lot of 13/14 year olds available but 15/16 and up is where there is a massive drop off in numbers.This is 99% caused by kids giving it up because of abuse.Sugar coat it all you want but parents and coaches are the problem and its always parents and coaches who dont know the rules or policies and its always clubs that let the abuse happen that cause it.My son has never had any really bad interactions and the fact he has played with and against a lot of players and coaches over the years means he has good relationships with the majority of the people involved and gets a lot of respect back.He does have friends who immediately decline work when they are put on games involving parent groups and coaches who have abused them in the past.That will keep happening until they give it up for good then the cycle continues where we hope the next crop of 13/14 year olds keep it going.Im not going to comment on the specific incident mentioned a few posts back but I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could stand around and let that happen.If it was 1 person doing that,you remove them and everything else is fine.But by doing nothing,it happens next week,then the week after,then by more people who feel they can do it too.The end result is refs not turning up and those same parents complaining that their teams dont get good refs anymore.Whatever some people think about it,referees are at work and the ground is their workplace.No one in any walk of life would take getting abused in their workplace so why they think a soccer field is any different is the problem.A parent abusing a minor at a game (the threat of a head butt would count) is a criminal offence.Its going to be a sad day when police start getting called to junior games but that is where it will end up.NNSW are in a tough spot as they must ensure a safe workplace for their employees just like everyone else.Hopefully all the parents and coaches on here do their bit so it never gets to that.

  19. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    134
    Seems to be quite a lot of missing updates in Squadi and even some incorrect scores recorded

    i.e. Lakes 13s is down as a 0:0 draw, 14s lakes is showing as a 4:0 win, but I was told that wasn't the margin for either game

    I'll run a championship spreadsheet when they are updated

    Magic still shows a 1:0 win in round 2 for 14s, but I know that was 2:0 as I stayed to watch...someone at the club might want to get that fixed up...probably worth everyone checking how the scores have been recorded actually

  20. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    134
    Managed to muddle through the missing Div 1 results

    1. NCF - 39pts
    2. Lambton - 38pts
    3. Magic - 35pts
    4. Olympic - 31pts
    5. Edgeworth - 26pts
    6. Lake Macquarie - 25pts
    7. Valentine - 25pts
    8. Weston - 18pts
    9. New Lambton - 14pts
    10. Maitland - 10pts
    11. Mid Coast - 6pts
    12. Cooks Hill - 1pt

    Only result missing is Jaffas Vs Cooks Hill in u16s (which might push Jaffas to no.1 if it has been played yet)

    I'll do Div 2 later...enjoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •