Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 315

Thread: 2024 Northern League One

  1. #41
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Either keep it at 8 or send up the Suns and Dudley and it?ll be 10 team comp all the way through.
    Lofty posted a month ago that Suns don't want to move up:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    News to me mate. Consider it squashed. ZPL 2024 and beyond is where we want to be.
    OK

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Lofty posted a month ago that Suns don't want to move up:
    Yeah I can't see them moving teams up this year. Will just go with 8 play each other 3 times and then end of 2024 top team moves up as planned.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    I think we are all missing the most clear and obvious solution here, Wallsend are dead and buried there is no way for the to come back next year let them reset and rebuild in ZL2/3. Why don't we get around the people's club and continue the fairy tale of Newcastle Croatia they can skip ZPL and join NL1 and dominant the comp with a squad of unpaid players who do it for the love of the game and their club, this would be a universally loved move by Northern!!!

    You?re hard on for them is embarrassing.

    Back to NL1 teams as it should in this thread, Wallsend should have had a plan years ago to develop Cook Park into their home ground imo.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Lofty posted a month ago that Suns don't want to move up:
    Genuine Question:
    Following Pro/Rel being implemented at the end of 2024 for the 2025 season, do Suns have the option not to go up? (assuming they win the League - if not Suns then whichever club wins)

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Genuine Question:
    Following Pro/Rel being implemented at the end of 2024 for the 2025 season, do Suns have the option not to go up? (assuming they win the League - if not Suns then whichever club wins)
    NNSW website has this answer in their Q&A about if optional to go up or down:
    No. By competing in NPL Men?s, Northern League One and Zone Football League, all clubs will be bound by the appropriate regulations which will outline the promotion and relegation requirements of each league.

  6. #46
    Senior Member The Postman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    586
    NL1 could become an interesting comp over the next couple of years.

    You?ll have a handful teams with the whole Youth setup, wanting to get promoted, plus a recently relegated NPL team who surely will want to go straight back up.

    These teams, you would think would be spending like $30k-$50k a season on players as well.

    Then another lot of teams with just 1st and Ressies, a Zone League team just happy to be there (or not in most cases) playing for a hot dog and a beer with their mates.

    Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

  7. #47
    Ive heard with news breaking of Wallsends demise, Croatia have shown interest in moving up.

    Is this a long shot due to lack of junior program?

    Or if finances allow it could they, or any team for that matter, pay their way in?

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Ive heard with news breaking of Wallsends demise, Croatia have shown interest in moving up.

    Is this a long shot due to lack of junior program?

    Or if finances allow it could they, or any team for that matter, pay their way in?
    Pretty sure only NPL are contracted to have youth. NPL1 not. It'd be too late for a promotion now surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Ive heard with news breaking of Wallsends demise, Croatia have shown interest in moving up.

    Is this a long shot due to lack of junior program?

    Or if finances allow it could they, or any team for that matter, pay their way in?
    Let them go up. They are yet to finish a season first and earn promotion. If they want to play there let them. I?m not sure any ZPL sides want to.
    They would save 15 wages not having a third grade.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Let them go up. They are yet to finish a season first and earn promotion. If they want to play there let them. I?m not sure any ZPL sides want to.
    They would save 15 wages not having a third grade.
    Who cares if they do, at least they showing some ambition. Seems abit of jealously on here from a few that are always bringing them up.

    Why doesn?t your club Dudley go up ? Or are they scared Chad ?

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Who cares if they do, at least they showing some ambition. Seems abit of jealously on here from a few that are always bringing them up.

    Why doesn?t your club Dudley go up ? Or are they scared Chad ?
    That's what it it jealousy and fear of the unknown.

    Also laughable that thirds are being paid.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    436
    Anyway it hardly matters, based on facebook posts from Wallsend over the past few days seems the jumped the gun and aren't folding, with a group looking to maintain the club going forward.

  13. #53
    Senior Member The Postman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    586
    ?Exciting times ahead!!

    Wallsend FC are excited to announce our coaching team that will lead us into 2024. Chris Gallagher will take on the role of Head Coach, Chris is passionate about football and even more passionate about the mighty Red Devils. Chris will be supported by Joel Taylor, Trent Richardson, Matty Williams and Luke Jennings (Goal Keeping).

    Everyone get on board, the Devils are back in town.?

    Barely left town?

  14. #54
    Got to the link road and decided to turn back at Cameron park roundabout. Good on them and good on the people jumping on board to help them out. Hope they win the lge and make a movie about it.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,603
    Why did it take threatened closure before people put their hands up, you needed to reach out early if they wanted help, good luck to them, hope it works out.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    ?Exciting times ahead!!

    Wallsend FC are excited to announce our coaching team that will lead us into 2024. Chris Gallagher will take on the role of Head Coach, Chris is passionate about football and even more passionate about the mighty Red Devils. Chris will be supported by Joel Taylor, Trent Richardson, Matty Williams and Luke Jennings (Goal Keeping).

    Everyone get on board, the Devils are back in town.?

    Barely left town?
    Are they going back to the bottom or will Northern let them stay in NL1

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by the hacker View Post
    are they going back to the bottom or will northern let them stay in nl1
    nl1

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    ?Exciting times ahead!!

    Wallsend FC are excited to announce our coaching team that will lead us into 2024. Chris Gallagher will take on the role of Head Coach, Chris is passionate about football and even more passionate about the mighty Red Devils. Chris will be supported by Joel Taylor, Trent Richardson, Matty Williams and Luke Jennings (Goal Keeping).

    Everyone get on board, the Devils are back in town.?

    Barely left town?
    Good to see Gall get a head coaching role. He?s worked with some good coaches over last few years in his TD roles, and that will serve him well. He?ll also have excellent player contacts from his recent TD roles.

    A quality guy with a real Wallsend connection. I hope they do well.

  19. #59
    Throwing a quick early predicted ladder up, can?t see too much changing this year with westy and the stags fighting it out for promotion, Southy finished the year strong and predicting they?ll be even better with the majority of the squad a year older. Hearing a few rumblings at kahibah so may miss the 5.

    Toronto
    Westy
    Southy
    Singo
    Belswans
    Thornton
    Kahibah
    Cessnock
    Wallsend

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    Throwing a quick early predicted ladder up, can?t see too much changing this year with westy and the stags fighting it out for promotion, Southy finished the year strong and predicting they?ll be even better with the majority of the squad a year older. Hearing a few rumblings at kahibah so may miss the 5.

    Toronto
    Westy
    Southy
    Singo
    Belswans
    Thornton
    Kahibah
    Cessnock
    Wallsend
    Early? Seriously it's November

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •