Where's James Brown?

Remember

this

guy?

srsly, where he at?

Two theories:

1. He has turned to shit due to injury/attitude/carbon tax

2. He is being played out of position

Whatever the reason, he has shown less us less than Kaz Patafta, needs to be dropped ASAP.

Never had it, overated and hugely inconsistant

A little above average in a shit side he was. not a great player in a good side.

As a general rule, all kids who have scored against us in the past aren't worth signing. Who's next, ffs? Brendan Gan?

Gary's new Jason Hoffman.

In all seriousness

I imagine he is a very good player, but there is only 2 possibilities of what is happening, his move to newy has turned him shit and his Indy life is much more important to attain than becoming a decent footballer, or Gary has brought him back way to early from injury and he is struggling big time with it.

Perhaps he gets stage fright and drops his bundle playing in front of a home crowd of more than a 1000 people including canteen and security staff.

Will could be nudging that figure by the end of GVE's contract

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Gary's new Jason Hoffman.

In all seriousness

I imagine he is a very good player, but there is only 2 possibilities of what is happening, his move to newy has turned him shit and his Indy life is much more important to attain than becoming a decent footballer, or Gary has brought him back way to early from injury and he is struggling big time with it.
    I would say it's the latter, missed most of the pre-season and instead of gradually being brought back into the side once he regained his touch and confidence, GVE has thrust him into the starting lineup in the hope he can play his way back into form....just doesn't work like that. Meanwhile young Virgili who has proven to be more effective in the early part of the season starts on the bench every week now.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I would say it's the latter, missed most of the pre-season and instead of gradually being brought back into the side once he regained his touch and confidence, GVE has thrust him into the starting lineup in the hope he can play his way back into form....just doesn't work like that. Meanwhile young Virgili who has proven to be more effective in the early part of the season starts on the bench every week now.
    Nah, that's a lie. He got 20 minutes in the yoof game against WSW before he was thrust into the starting line up.

Can you imagine having 7 months out injured or whatever the feck it has been and you come back to play 20 minutes of youth then are expected to be back at first team level straight after that? Don't care that "dropping him to reserves might ruin his confidence"... reckon playing like a steaming turd yet continually getting to play on will ruin him as a player more than a stint in the youth.

but he was decent for the coast, unless someone set him up all of the time. fiik

He should play All Age D for Mayfield.
    They have a team full of blokes with haircuts like his.

where is he ? didn't play for yoof today I hear
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Think he might have aggravated his previous ankle injury. Not 100% sure though

Yeah, it's the ankle again based on what Gary was saying in the post-match press conference. He did hope he would be available again soon though.

He's never looked right since the injury. Appears to be about ten yards slower and doesn't put himself on the line like he used to when challenging for the ball.

Playin him in Youth League is fine wrt maintaining or gaining fitness but confidence wise I think the gap between the two levels is just too much.

Banned
    Reminds me a lot of Cankles.

Two moments a season on the highlight reel to disguise 30 games of being complete crap. Never was that impressed with him at Gold Coast coz I always felt he was the Coasts version of Marko Jesic. When we signed him I was a bit more wait and see rather than excited/enthused.

Be playing for one of our feeder teams in Sydney FC / WSW in the next couple of years if he don't get it together

^ This is my fear as well. Looking at the few goals that he did score, I can't see him doing the same thing here. Not in the same league as Halloran, Rojas etc.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah well that's bullshit

Last year I was lucky enough to sit in on a GCU training session. Remember 2 guys standing out as quality above the others. One was James Brown the other Zac Anderson. Zac is lucky to get 20 mins for the scum and Browny seems to be really struggling for us. He seems to have lost 2 yards of pace I assume through injury.I think he'll come good
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    ^ This is my fear as well. Looking at the few goals that he did score, I can't see him doing the same thing here. Not in the same league as Halloran, Rojas etc.
    We could have had Hall. Who does the choosing?