Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

can they just play a half each?
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    **** hard work. Actual ability >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hard work.
    Except that without hard work, there is no 'ability'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Geeze mate first u get a hard on for Alex wilkinson now u don't think griff should start should he get injured before the season.
    As if Griff gets injured.

The bloke is superhuman. Bloke will play for Newy even with a broken leg

Your argument is just plain flawed using Griff as an example

I can't believe the MFAW doesn't want Griff to play smh
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Except that without hard work, there is no 'ability'.
    No shit but the argument here is "the guy that works his arse off (despite being inferior) should get the starting spot because he worked hard". That's such a bullshit argument. I could work my arse off and put more effort in than anyone in the history of professional sport and it would still count for nothing.

I just want guys who are going to win us games, hey.

And even though BK may do more squat thrusts than Biraz, outside of Newcastle it is accepted by the likes of Ange, Gombau, the general public, etc that Biraz is the man for us.
    OK

Earn your spot? **** that, be the best at your spot. That should be enough to earn it, whether you spend pre-season pumping iron, pumping the ladies (griff, obv) or pumping fists with Buffon. Had it with this "oh, but Joe Shitplayer spent the season doing lots of work so deserves his spot of Joel Mega****ingawesomeplayer who didn't work as hard".

**** hard work. Actual ability >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hard work.
    I think earning a spot isn't just working hard, thats taking a too simplistic view of how you get to the top. It does include that but you also have to look at who's performing now and in form at this point in time. Not who was starting at the end of last season, not who travelled to the world cup a few months back, and not just who is working the hardest in the off season.

**** around in the preseason and show no form (and as a result ability) at training and preseason matches, then how could you expect to start. That said, the mentality of anyone who wants to be the best at their spot and make it theirs, won't be taking a holiday during the preseason. They will be stating a case for them to have the spot.

I've got no doubt both BK and Birraz are pushing each other at training, which bodes well for us.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Loves his mate "Wilko" and hates that griff was brought into the team last year without participating in preseason. How the mighty have fallen.

No shit but the argument here is "the guy that works his arse off (despite being inferior) should get the starting spot because he worked hard". That's such a bullshit argument. I could work my arse off and put more effort in than anyone in the history of professional sport and it would still count for nothing.
    Nah, I reackon most on 'ere just want whoevers better when week 1 of the season comes round.

My point about hard work was that I don't believe in natural ability.

Whoever is the most in form keeper should get the job. Whether through hard work, prayer or PED's I don't care.

(I just don't like the BK hate from some on here).

Side note: do you think one of our keepers is 'inferior' to the other?

Don't know what happened in Sth America but showing non stop love for the Gypo Wilkinson then demanding Griff be benched is the act of a sick sick man.

(I just don't like the BK hate from some on here).

Side note: do you think one of our keepers is 'inferior' to the other?
    Yeah, BK is vastly inferior.

Yeah, BK is vastly inferior.
    Hmmmm interesting. So would you say that at the time of getting dropped last year, Biraz was still a better keeper than BK?

flip to see who starts then, whoever keeps a clean sheet stays in next week, if not, swap.

Hmmmm interesting. So would you say that at the time of getting dropped last year, Biraz was still a better keeper than BK?
    Yes.

You are now confusing a far superior keeper being in shit form with a shit keeper having some good games. The whole class permanent, form temporary thing.

Yes.

You are now confusing a far superior keeper being in shit form with a shit keeper having some good games. The whole class permanent, form temporary thing.
    Except that is your opinion (which I respect) and not a fact (which can probably never really be measured).
    In my opinion there's not much of a gap between them and whoever is in form should get the job week 1.

Let's face it, the only person who is factually correct 100% of the time* is the Member.

* stats supplied by MFKS.

Your opinion holds less weight than the guy picking the Australian squad, to be fair...

Buffon must be a proctologist because his advice to Birra was pull you head out of your a**e and work hard. Maybe the only thing he could see last year was his colon and that is why he didn't dive.

This is a legitimate question to the guys arguing for BK to be our number 1, or ever have:

Do you think that BK would be the next choice GK for Ange's Roos, if one or more of Ryan, Langerak, Eugene & Biraz were unavailable?
    OK

Your opinion holds less weight than the guy picking the Australian squad, to be fair...

Who? The same bloke that picked Alex Wilkinson?
    OK.

By that rationale you're saying in 2006 Stu Musalik was our best player and likewise Kristin Sarkies for the Victory.

You surely don't think that do you?

This is a legitimate question to the guys arguing for BK to be our number 1, or ever have:

Do you think that BK would be the next choice GK for Ange's Roos, if one or more of Ryan, Langerak, Eugene & Biraz were unavailable?
    If he works really, REALLY hard and doesn't **** around in pre-season, absolutely.
    Last edited by Grimario; 13-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.