Thread: Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think its coloured flour. My wife and I were considering this run but decided why pay someone to throw shit at you?? It's a gimmick in my opinion.

We are doing Parkrun instead because it's free and professionally run for a volunteer group.
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.
    jeez. hopefully some/all of that goes to charity or something!

should be a bit different and a bit of fun anyway.

Good luck and enjoy it!

I'm joinging into a 60km charity run starting at Planet Fitness on Sunday. I'm not doing the 60km but will be doing a distance. It's from the gym, to the 14km mark of the Fernleigh track, back to the Adamstown end, back to the 14km marker and back to the gym.

It's called "A Run With a Storey" and is organised to support Matt Storey who has Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Good luck Pete and Cory and all the other participants! If you're free and want to join in, go to the Matthew Storey Foundation website.

for profit company. only 5km. easily 75% chicks. so it's more about people feeling good about themselves since they are exercising (reward themselves later) and having fun (not losing).

"brands don't sell products, they sell actualisations of their brand identity" - naomi klein