Speaking as someone who isn't actually a member (yet), I would definitely encourage anyone who is keen on helping out with The Squadron and active support in general to attend.

Since the start of the A-League I think The Squadron have been pretty well regarded as being the best supporter group outside of Sydney and Melbourne in terms of noise, tifo displays and passion. Particularly with respect to tifo, Newcastle has pulled off shit on a scale unprecedented in the league before it (2008 GF banner, Newcastle strip display). I think it's safe to say we've punched well above our weight, and frequently bettered our counterparts from the big cities.

At the moment there is a transition taking place. A lot of the people involved in past projects can no longer dedicate as much time to these things because they (a) Have jobs now, (b) Got married, (c) Have kids, (d) Live in Sydney or (e) All of the above.
While the meeting isn't strictly about these issues, it's an opportunity to bring about some renewal and refreshment. There are plenty of good ideas circulating, but at the moment there's a lack of people to carry them out.

So yeah, get in, invite your mates, bring your bike chains, meet some of the foz celebrities, and most importantly - be more like the RBB.