Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Never had any dramas with gardo even though it's a derby great club great blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmond_sweeper View Post
    Winning with grace? I dont believe anyone from our team or supporters really carried on anywhere near as bad as the bloke in the orange shirt who I'm only guessing is forever red. He even called me shit which made me quiet sad.
    On the field we were chatting and having a laugh and i thought the game was played in the correct spirit. Some may say differently but thats why opinions are free.
    As for bad tackles etc i rekon both teams seen some interesting decisions which is all part of the game. Agree no one dominated and was pretty even.
    P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!
    I pretty much agree with you on most of this on the field it was a hard fought contest in the right spirit with a couple of loose tackles from both side's.

Your suspicions about FR are incorrect but.
    Certain comments from your bench and manager is where I'm leading to winning with grace. Let the supporters banter with each other that stuff is trivial and fine but when the manager is gloating in front of the supporters and making certain comments regarding promotion policy stinks of arrogance.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

As a general football fan I'm going to have to agree with forever red and premy here . The suburbs fans where in good nature and spirit . As for the jesmond fans I can not say the same . Yes you won the game but the way the bench and some of the supporters carried on was disgusting . The ref was not the best and yes some decisions were abit suspect both ways. Jesmond just had the bounce of the ball on the day . As for the suburbs should have got a red card yes I agree he was last man but where I was standing from he went down with his injury and fell into the player , he was on the ground in pain and up the fans saying he was faking it to get out of a red card that is a disgrace . The poor bloke has done something serious to his knee or ankle or whatever and use stand there bagging him out . Funny use didn't abuse him as his was carried off . I think some jesmond players , officials and supporters have to take a real hard look at them selfs .

We best be buying some mirrors then....
    Playing i dont really hear exactly what the crowd says and i suspect that when the burbs crowd was yelling out at the jeso blokes they weren't wishing them all the best and saying "hope you have a good game"
    Walking off at half time however i did hear some of the "language" directed from burbs fans, abuse and he said she saids. Thats football, I'd prefer it like that then being able to hear a pin drop. To be on here and say it was all one way i think you may need to borrow some of the mirrors we will be buying.
    Crowds will be crowds and i really hope the bloke who got injured isnt out long as no one likes to see guys miss weeks for whatever reason.
    The way i see it storm in a tea cup really, but again thats why opinions are free.

We best be buying some mirrors then....
    Playing i dont really hear exactly what the crowd says and i suspect that when the burbs crowd was yelling out at the jeso blokes they weren't wishing them all the best and saying "hope you have a good game"
    Walking off at half time however i did hear some of the "language" directed from burbs fans, abuse and he said she saids. Thats football, I'd prefer it like that then being able to hear a pin drop. To be on here and say it was all one way i think you may need to borrow some of the mirrors we will be buying.
    Crowds will be crowds and i really hope the bloke who got injured isnt out long as no one likes to see guys miss weeks for whatever reason.
    The way i see it storm in a tea cup really, but again thats why opinions are free.
    Yes it is all a bit of a storm in a teacup, it's expected and tolerated from the crowd, I think you're still missing the point, it's another thing when it's coming from the bench and the Manager.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Yes it is all a bit of a storm in a teacup, it's expected and tolerated from the crowd, I think you're still missing the point, it's another thing when it's coming from the bench and the Manager.
    Fair point, i didnt see or hear any of it so not going to defend or try to explain. There was no talk at the end of game or at the sponsors about it.

Fair point, i didnt see or hear any of it so not going to defend or try to explain. There was no talk at the end of game or at the sponsors about it.
    Let's agree that all this has been blown well out of proportion, was a good day yesterday enjoyed the contest good luck for the rest of the year. You guys have proved you belong in this division and don't need to justify why you took promotion. Looking forward to the rest of the year and next round when we host you at the nest, hopefully the result will be different next time.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Let's agree that all this has been blown well out of proportion, was a good day yesterday enjoyed the contest good luck for the rest of the year. You guys have proved you belong in this division and don't need to justify why you took promotion. Looking forward to the rest of the year and next round when we host you at the nest, hopefully the result will be different next time.
    Yes very true, was a good day and again i like a vocal crowd, can provide some quality funnies that i then use and claim as my own.
    I will 100% disagree with the last point you made, I'd enjoy the same result again.....
    Good luck to you guys for rest of the year, is a long season and i hope the injured bloke isn't sidelined for to long.

Firstly ill stick my hand up and apologise for assuming that redforever is a part of Suburbs. He obviously enjoys filling his Satdy avo with random 4th division football which is his choice.
    I'm part of the bench in question as coach, we had no manager. If you're referring to my actions I never once swore and yes did react to that one bloke in crowd who had a crack at me personally. When went up 2 0 I simply turned around and he was doing a silly dance for some reason. I mimicked that dance back at him for a split second. That's it. Hardly something to have your character scrutinised by but if so then so be it.
    Back to that fellow, overall I thought he was quite funny and added atmosphere. He had a great day and good on him. Credit too that even at 0-1 and 0-2 he still was serving it up. At 1-2 he was in fine form but 1-3 did take the wind out of he and the rest of the supporters sails.
    There is zero hard feelings from me and what has been neglected to have been mentioned is that the coaches, players and coaches & players all shook hands after 90 mins and wished each other the best for rest of season. Hopefully both clubs get the chocolates more often than not.

Can we stop bickering and get back to productive conversation..

How bad is the playing field at Jesmond Park ffs
    OK

Yeah let's move on....

What happened with the Suns 7 Westlakes 0 I've just read? And 13-1 for the day!

A one off? Are Westlakes weaker? Or are Suns just simply that good?

Suns are just that good

Any scores from today?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Yeah let's move on....

Westlakes simply didnt turn up on the day, and the suns finished the opportunities they created, hopefully the result will be different next time around

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Yeah let's move on....

Must have been the reffing
    OK

3rds 3-1 or 2 to Nelson Bay
    Ressies 1-1
    1sts 3-2 Nelson Bay
    0-0 @ HT. Nelson Bay went up 3-0 midway through the 2nd half. Warners Bay got it back to 3-2 with 10 to go

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Must have been the reffing
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Up The Rams 2014 is our year boys. YEEEEEW

Any other teams struggling with injuries? At Suburbs we currently have about 6 first graders and about 12 across all grades out with soft tissue injuries (Hammy, groins, ankles & knees). This week off couldn't come quick enough.

P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!
    I hope you are referring to my height.. And not having a dig at the amount of beer/pies I've been funnelling in? hahaha